B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
MuRRe
I have activated the "Save race logs to disk".
But where are they saved?

If i remember correctly you right click on the widget and click "show logs on disk" and it will bring up a note pad document with all the data

I am getting a temporary server issue after every race. I am in server standby mode and it still is having problems. It keeps trying to restart the race and gets to "starting race" and I get the temporary server issue again. I fixed it by going onto gran-turismo.com. If the page isn't open (it can be open in a different tab) then the race just won't start.

Last edited:
I stumbled upon this thread and have just tried the widget for the first time. It takes a bit of playing with but it is very nicely done. Thanks Yonis - I'm sure it was a lot of hard work!

I stumbled upon this thread and have just tried the widget for the first time. It takes a bit of playing with but it is very nicely done. Thanks Yonis - I'm sure it was a lot of hard work!

I second this.

It takes all the pain out of grinding B-Spec drivers and GT5 credits!

Without this widget it would've taken twice as long for me to collect all the cars in game.

I am wondering if there are detailed instructions on how to set this up? In the remote race events there aren't any 5 min races. I tried setting the widget to short races only, weeks ago, and it never queued up a race. Reset to all race lengths and it picked up and went on. Would like to give it another shot but not sure what to do.

I played around with the widget a bit and it seems no matter what length you set in the preferences (short, medium, and long races) you always get a random race. It looks like the widget is programmed to look at "minutes" on the server and since all races are 20 minutes now it goes to Plan B, which is a random track.

You can force one specific track if you haven't already - at least it gives you a say in the matter. Below are links to two previous posts in this thread:

1.) How to force a specific track
2.) Track ID codes (for previous link)

I use Indy - shortest races (16-17 minutes at most) and great payout. Now I'm able to enjoy the widget even more! :)

I'm having a problem that hopefully someone can help me with. It has been months since I remote raced and I decided to fire it up again today. The widget doesn't recognize that anyone is on my friends list so it can't start any races. One profile has over 50 people and the other is 30, but it doesn't show that I have any friends. I tried logging out and back in, I logged in on the Gran Turismo website, and viewed my friends through community on GT5. Any tips for how I can get this corrected? Thanks in advance.

mcfizzle
I'm having a problem that hopefully someone can help me with. It has been months since I remote raced and I decided to fire it up again today. The widget doesn't recognize that anyone is on my friends list so it can't start any races. One profile has over 50 people and the other is 30, but it doesn't show that I have any friends. I tried logging out and back in, I logged in on the Gran Turismo website, and viewed my friends through community on GT5. Any tips for how I can get this corrected? Thanks in advance.

Several posts back there was discussion on completely uninstalling the widget and widget OS. I would recommend that at this point. My friends list wouldn't sync after a few weeks of not using it and that is what I had to do.

Several posts back there was discussion on completely uninstalling the widget and widget OS. I would recommend that at this point. My friends list wouldn't sync after a few weeks of not using it and that is what I had to do.

My friends list didn't sync after restarting my computer. And I've been using it all day.

EDIT: I did everything that is listed there to no avail. What I ended up doing was logging into a different countries server, then going back to the US server. It worked!! :)

Last edited:
I made no changes to the widget and used it for the past two days, and this morning (around 7 AM EST) it told me I had no friends to race against. I think the server (U.S. one at least) was flaky today. I checked it 5 hours ago and same problem, but as of right now all my friends show up in the widget. However, they all were placed in "Race Randomly" - no one in my do-not-use and always-use list.

I feel for you mcfizzle - use it for the first time in a long time and wonder if you did something wrong while the same thing was happening to the regular widget users today! :scared:

BFBullpup
I made no changes to the widget and used it for the past two days, and this morning (around 7 AM EST) it told me I had no friends to race against. I think the server (U.S. one at least) was flaky today. I checked it 5 hours ago and same problem, but as of right now all my friends show up in the widget. However, they all were placed in "Race Randomly" - no one in my do-not-use and always-use list.

I feel for you mcfizzle - use it for the first time in a long time and wonder if you did something wrong while the same thing was happening to the regular widget users today! :scared:

I had the same problem, what I ended up doing was switching to Swiss servers then back to US servers, worked until my computer updated and restarted itself

Thank you, that helped me! 👍

I ended up doing Spanish servers twice today because the Canadian server didn't work, I keep having to re-distribute my friends because most I don't race with. I ran for a while on the Spanish servers with no problem at all then switched to the American servers and had a problem on one occasion but after that, it worked. I also had to readjust the advanced settings. 2 concurrent threads and a delay of 3 seconds because some servers run faster or slower.

I read different recommendations and decided I would first change the server and see if it corrected my no friends issue. Came home after work yesterday and completely forgot my plan and then deleted Yahoo widgets.:banghead: Reinstalled today and still didn't have any friends so I changed server to Spain and it worked and has been remote racing for 10 straight hours.:D

LOL I just discovered that if you mouse-over the credits symbol on the widget, it will pop up a box that breaks down your off-line and drivers' credits. Also, if you mouse-over the helmets during a race, it will tell you the driver's name, PSN friend's name, and the car being driven. I didn't know these because they weren't mentioned in the OP's post and video.

mcfizzle
I read different recommendations and decided I would first change the server and see if it corrected my no friends issue. Came home after work yesterday and completely forgot my plan and then deleted Yahoo widgets.:banghead: Reinstalled today and still didn't have any friends so I changed server to Spain and it worked and has been remote racing for 10 straight hours.:D

Glad the server change worked for you.

In an uninstall of the widget there are widget settings stored outside the program folders that have to be removed as well. I don't recall, exactly, the folder path but it was in my profile folder on my Win XP laptop. I'll get the full path where those files sit when I get home tonight and edit this post. The uninstall isn't complete until those files are removed.

Ok. Found them. two spots to look for after the Revo uninstall is completed.

C:\Documents and Settings\*User Name*\Local Settings\Application Data\Yahoo\Widget Engine\Widget Data
and

C:\Documents and Settings\*User Name*\My Documents\My Widgets

Make sure anything related to the grinder is deleted or moved elsewhere. This will force the re-install sequence to recreate these folders and files and give a clean install.

Sorry it took longer than I said it would. Got sidetracked with, apparently, more important things.

Last edited:
B-spec grinder is a broken link...it doesn't detect any of my friends' b-spec drivers,nor would start any race. i did EVERYTHING i had to,to get it working properly,but it doesn't do jack.

1.I have my friends registered to GT5.com
2.They have B-specs shared
3.I'm in Server Standby mode
4.I got the right profile signed-in
5.I got b-specs shared
6.I went to a canadian server since i'm in Canada
7.All the rest,if i forgot to describe any...

My b-spec grinder list is empty,and i can't grind them if the widget itself doesn't work. it needs to be fixed. either that,or it's because computers hate me,since everything i install on them NEVER works right...

Brunet, try going to the Widget Preferences and sign into a different country's server (such as USA or one of the European ones). After that go back and sign into your home server. Check the drivers' list again for your friends. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. If it works and you see your friends, then you can start remote racing as normal. I just tried mine a few minutes ago and it works (but I still have to reshuffle my friends into Always/Randomly/Never categories). However last night it struggled for a good 15 minutes before finally working.

Brunet, try going to the Widget Preferences and sign into a different country's server (such as USA or one of the European ones). After that go back and sign into your home server. Check the drivers' list again for your friends. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. If it works and you see your friends, then you can start remote racing as normal. I just tried mine a few minutes ago and it works (but I still have to reshuffle my friends into Always/Randomly/Never categories). However last night it struggled for a good 15 minutes before finally working.

Sometimes I have to switch servers 5 times for it to work. Just you have to make sure it re-connects to the internet. If it doesn't, you have to restart the widget.

You,sir just saved me so much trouble!!!:bowdown::D IT WORKS!!! thanksso much to all of the people who helped me,especially you! ^^

Can someone help me with this one. I go to the link that is given in the movie: widgets.yahoo.com. But then i get this site:

http://mdebie.tumblr.com/image/40614464673

Have a strange problem.
Starts and it uses all the drivers from two accounts, A and B (for a total of 13 drivers).
But then after 1-2 races it stops using one account A all together, what's up with that?
Then it starts using account A but drops out account B...

Have a strange problem.
Starts and it uses all the drivers from two accounts, A and B (for a total of 13 drivers).
But then after 1-2 races it stops using one account A all together, what's up with that?
Then it starts using account A but drops out account B...

What your saying is your trying to use the grinder on GT or WTF as a main account then you have the other under "always use" and after a while it drops the accounts your running. If that's what I'm hearing, you can try reauthentication or you can move go into advanced settings and switch to 2 concurrent threads with a 3-4 second delay.

Problem. As I log in first time, it just is sitting there (the bar, I mean). Any reason for this, or should I just wait it out. btw it has been a few minutes.

Edit: it says it has a server error.

Edit: logged out and in, same thing

Problem. As I log in first time, it just is sitting there (the bar, I mean). Any reason for this, or should I just wait it out. btw it has been a few minutes.

Edit: it says it has a server error.

Edit: logged out and in, same thing

Try logging into gran-turismo.com and leaving it up, also switch country servers. Spain preferably, the best I've worked with so far. Same thing if your friend list doesn't sync.

Try logging into gran-turismo.com and leaving it up, also switch country servers. Spain preferably, the best I've worked with so far. Same thing if your friend list doesn't sync.

One problem. I can't switch at the point it's at... :(

One problem. I can't switch at the point it's at... :(

Completely close the widget, it won't affect you current race. Then restart it, its effectively frozen, its happened to me a couple of times. If you can't close it from the widget, close it from the widget dock. If you still cant close it close it using "end process" in the processes tab of the windows task manager.👍/👎

Back