B-Spec help: Which is the best car with 400 PP to enter the race?

I use the '11 Toyota 86 GT stock with a slight reduction in power for the 400 PP.
I use the '02 NSX Type R with mild engine tuning for the 500 PP.
Both will win comfortably.

I have been using the EK civic with oil change and sports filter...... or sometimes the '07 Roadster (NC) on the 400pp, For the 500pp an M3 will do the trick......

You can use this for the 400PP event. Run it on the same tyres as the competition though. I accidentally ran it on SS tyres this morning and took the lead before the end of the first lap 👍

{Cy}

I use the '11 Toyota 86 GT stock with a slight reduction in power for the 400 PP.

Stock mini 2011 (from 2nd DLC) as it comes... 0 changes...
How have you won with these? They just aren't fast enough. I must have had 8 or 9 attempts now and my bob (level 36, blue arrow) can't overtake a single car.

EDIT - Forget that, I'm entering a 400pp car into a 500pp event :dunce:

Last edited:
GavBlade
How have you won with these? They just aren't fast enough. I must have had 8 or 9 attempts now and my bob (level 36, blue arrow) can't overtake a single car.

I used the Toyota 86 (not sure which model but it was a prize car) for the 400pp. Needed some transmission tweaks and also lowered it but it worked great. Only played with top speed so no need to mess around with individual or final ratios.

I used the Toyota 86 (not sure which model but it was a prize car) for the 400pp. Needed some transmission tweaks and also lowered it but it worked great. Only played with top speed so no need to mess around with individual or final ratios.
I've edited my post. I wasn't paying attention and didn't realise that they were different PP restrictions, thought they were all 400 :crazy:

Used a tuned Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 and won it at the first attempt :D

Last edited:
You can use this for the 400PP event. Run it on the same tyres as the competition though. I accidentally ran it on SS tyres this morning and took the lead before the end of the first lap 👍

{Cy}

That is a fantastic little car - I used it on the Autumn Ring Time Trial a few weeks ago by accident! I *thought* I had gotten into the Lotus 111R (I was looking at it in the garage, tuned it for the event, and thought I'd gotten in it, but hadn't), but ran the event in the 207 (bumper-can view, so no part of the car visible). Golded it on the first lap, then realized what I'd done and had a good laugh!

The Toyota 86 GT '12 is a fantastic little car for this run, too. It works great at the 400pp and 500pp levels.

cars i have used for the B specs:

1) 400pp: an NB roadster, slightly tweaked the engine
2) 400pp: a bone stock 86 GT detuned to around 188HP
3) 400pp: a bone stock Mini Cooper S 11 with SH
4) 500pp: FT 86G sports concept
5) 500pp: R34 Skyline GT-R V-spec II 02 with quite a bit of mods
6) 500pp: Aston Martin V12 Vantage detuned to 430HP

Last edited:
First time through, I used an Elise on the 400 and 500, and won easily.

Then for fun, I ran an Alfa Romeo GTV on comfort soft (stock) on the 400pp, and a BMW Z4 on comfort soft for the 500pp (again stock), and managed to squeak out some wins. They were fun to drive, though :)

1) For b-spec you need a car which has a torque curve that goes up pretty much all the way to the red line and doesn't go down at higher revs. There are cars where your bob will just try and press out that gear up to the red line when it would be much faster to change gear earlier.

2) The fastest car by far in stock condition under 400PP is the Hommell Berlinette (it's also currently in the OCD at the time of writing). It also falls into the 1)-category.

As it is a MR-car, I would suggest using a somewhat trained bob though. I don't know what a level 0-bob will do with it when running hot.

That is a fantastic little car - I used it on the Autumn Ring Time Trial a few weeks ago by accident! I *thought* I had gotten into the Lotus 111R (I was looking at it in the garage, tuned it for the event, and thought I'd gotten in it, but hadn't), but ran the event in the 207 (bumper-can view, so no part of the car visible). Golded it on the first lap, then realized what I'd done and had a good laugh!

The Toyota 86 GT '12 is a fantastic little car for this run, too. It works great at the 400pp and 500pp levels.

It is a great little car. Did you run yours stock, or did you apply a build to it..?? The build I listed above is a very mild one, purely suspension and differential. Pretty much everything else is stock. I'll get around to adding the rest of the drivetrain parts at some point and perhaps put together a custom gearbox for it too. However, I really enjoy driving this car, both stock and tuned 👍

{Cy}

I want to know which the best car with 400 PP and 500 PP to enter the B Spec seasonal event.

I used the Tesla almost stock.
Electric motor produces more torque and therefore huge acceleration.

It allows to accelerate faster exiting a corner, recovering precious time.

Just a modest opinnion. 👍

Chat you soon. :)

400pp I used my trusty Isuzu Bellett 1600 GT-R '69 first, then a Toyota 86 GT '12 with a custom trans and all aero parts installed. I really love the 86 GT and have been driving it quite a bit since it came into the game. It's a nice-looking car and handles beautifully.

As I'm going to be needing a new car in the near future (current '02 Civic EX has 222,000 miles on it), I've been leaning heavily towards getting a new Hyundai Genesis Coupe. However, I'm waiting for the 86 GT to show up around the middle of this year as the Scion model and take it for a test drive. From what I've read, the Scion FR-S will be the exact same car. 👍

I tuned up an 86 GT for the 500pp race and won that. Then, I tried the 650pp race. First, I used an R390 Road Car, came in 2nd. Then, I tried my Ford Mark IV and also came in 2nd. I only ran the race a couple of times and I have to tighten up my driving line and learn the braking points on that course a little better, but the race seems doable in those cars for me. 👍

mr2 spyder for 400 and 500pp events. he stays on the gass very well. i had 400pp even, and for the 500, it only gets 496 max. they were both very easy for my driver to beat.

It is a great little car. Did you run yours stock, or did you apply a build to it..?? The build I listed above is a very mild one, purely suspension and differential. Pretty much everything else is stock. I'll get around to adding the rest of the drivetrain parts at some point and perhaps put together a custom gearbox for it too. However, I really enjoy driving this car, both stock and tuned 👍

{Cy}

I built it in every way I could - and then trimmed it to fit the 400pp limit. I cut the weight, then added ballast and balanced it out better; I added power, then cut it to plateau the torque curve; I set up the suspension, braking, LSD, etc. the best I could.

I like using older cars, found the Alfa Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 in the UCD and spruced 'er up a bit to 400pp.

Rome_3.jpg

Then went back and saw a Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 and ran it stock with some warpaint.

Rome.jpg

My favorite of the three seasonals so far though. Just love tossing these small cars around Rome.

I used the BMW 2002 turbo for 400pp, the 86 GT '12 with a lot of transmission tuning and fixed suspension and a power limiter for the 500pp, and I used a Zonda R with all mods and a power limiter for the 650pp. Hope this helps :D

I usually take Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z 2007 or Toyota 86 GT 2012 for 400 PP and BMW M3 Coupe 2007 and Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010 for 500PP...

best/quickest cars for me, never fail to win:

400pp: Toyota MRS
500pp: Opera Performance S2000.

Plenty of other cars to try too, just require tuning:

400pp: Honda Civic's, Honda Integra's, Honda Prelude's, VX220, Bluebird rally car!
500pp: Honda NSX Type S Zero, FT-86 Concept, 86 GT, M3 CSL, M3 coupe Chromeline.

Key is do not go all out with power and leave a heavy car, but also dont have a really light but underpowered car, must get that power-weight ratio correct.

Example: M3 coupe chromline is around 450bhp but weighs 1600kg, I couldnt win like this because the car was so heavy its turning abilities were diminished. Lowering power to around 370bhp and reducing weight to 1300kg turned it into a winner!

best/quickest cars for me, never fail to win:

400pp: Toyota MRS
500pp: Opera Performance S2000.

Plenty of other cars to try too, just require tuning:

400pp: Honda Civic's, Honda Integra's, Honda Prelude's, VX220, Bluebird rally car!
500pp: Honda NSX Type S Zero, FT-86 Concept, 86 GT, M3 CSL, M3 coupe Chromeline.

Key is do not go all out with power and leave a heavy car, but also dont have a really light but underpowered car, must get that power-weight ratio correct.

Example: M3 coupe chromline is around 450bhp but weighs 1600kg, I couldnt win like this because the car was so heavy its turning abilities were diminished. Lowering power to around 370bhp and reducing weight to 1300kg turned it into a winner!
something under 1300kgs would be a bulldozer in the 500pp category, but i tried several Evo RS's and Impreza STi's, to my surprise, the best of that lot was the Impreza WRX STi ver VI '99, quick, agile, turns beautifully

Suzuki GSXR Concept is probably the fastest 400pp car in the game but fair warning it will make the event too easy. Keep using a variety of cars old to new and you'll have a lot more fun.

MR2 G Limited '97 for the 400PP
R33 GT-R '97 Tuned for the 500PP
And A Zonda LM Race Car for the 650PP race.

something under 1300kgs would be a bulldozer in the 500pp category, but i tried several Evo RS's and Impreza STi's, to my surprise, the best of that lot was the Impreza WRX STi ver VI '99, quick, agile, turns beautifully

well the stock nxs type-r is 1270kg isnt it? I was guestimating..I shall give the accurate figures when I switch on today eve

well the stock nxs type-r is 1270kg isnt it? I was guestimating..I shall give the accurate figures when I switch on today eve

Yes it is 1270kg stock, other impressive cars i found so far were the Impreza STi i said earlier, weighing in at 1260kg, and if you want a bit of challenge, I strongly recommend the TVR Tamora, just 1060kgs but the stock suspension didn't appear to be too well setup so that any sudden movements of the throttle is reflected on the whole car

(I only did the intakes, exhaust and drivetrain mods to them for 500pp)

Last edited:
Back