B-Spec in 1.16 Update!

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 584 comments
It's time to publicize my table of the top grinding races...
(where cpm stands for "credits per minute")

Noname.png

My favorite (in A-spec) is, of course, Nascar Cup - Motegi which is EASY to win (unlike Red Bulls, even if Juniors).

The problem with B-spec is that, if you don't tell him anything... he will behave like a sheep, will stay within the... flock ;-) and... finish 6th(ish).

On the other hand, if you go to "Like the Wind Route X" with, say, the Mazda LM55 (tuned for max speed - 480km/h - and minimum downforce) it will be just... fire it, and forget it.

I just wanted to start with "it's simple" , but then i read that you did not finish that serie 100%.
Why? I wanted to write: Press X and loosen where you always brake, not where BOB wants to brake.
okay i'll try:
  1. Enter, select race soft tires, traction at 4, abs=1, ds3 at 5 (don't know if it helps)
  2. B-spec and when i can use the DS3, i press X and select the extreme (full throttle or hard)
  3. then i push R1 and X and only loose X when i want to brake, not when BOB wants to brake.
  4. select your view (SELECT) and race.
  5. Or push R1 and when BOB brakes, Push X shortly and you see BOB overtake before entering the corner.
I only grind silverstone, so i know where to brake, and that's always very late and not at every corner, there are 4 corners you can go full speed.
But i want to see in another account if i can gold Redbull with B-spec.

btw. you give commands, but when you hold a button, you take over (gas and brake)
and can steer a bit with the d-pad, on what side bob needs to stay.

FFS I never even checked the tires there, thought they would be automatically set at the best possible! Even for my own A-spec races in the entire RB series I never changed the tires. Thanks a lot for that tip alone!

Going to give it a new try now with those tips, thanks :)

It's time to publicize my table of the top grinding races...
(where cpm stands for "credits per minute")

View attachment 317859
Does anyone else find it rather curious that in the "real driving simulator" that built it's fanbase in large part on the popularity of driving ordinary, everyday cars, and includes massive amounts of street cars in the game, would really tilt the "grinding" aspect of the game so highly in favour of what are arguably the least "driving simulator" type cars in the entire game.

FFS I never even checked the tires there, thought they would be automatically set at the best possible! Even for my own A-spec races in the entire RB series I never changed the tires. Thanks a lot for that tip alone!

Going to give it a new try now with those tips, thanks :)
I recorded RouteX with the Merc VGT and BOB at "push it hard" only, 4:07 minutes round.
Also recorded Redbull X2014 Standard Silverstone and Apricot hill.
Silverstone was easy for me, but i noticed i only had silver at apricot, so i tried B-spec.
It took me 7x before i knew what was possible and BOB got gold.
I will send you a inbox message when i have uploaded them and you can watch it.

Does anyone else find it rather curious that in the "real driving simulator" that built it's fanbase in large part on the popularity of driving ordinary, everyday cars, and includes massive amounts of street cars in the game, would really tilt the "grinding" aspect of the game so highly in favour of what are arguably the least "driving simulator" type cars in the entire game.

Yes, I agree with you Johnny. On the other hand... grinding credits is a "must"... to be able to purchase as much as possible of the more ordinary (an pleasant) cars in the game. And letting Bob drive those "least driving simulator" cars for us is... just great ;-).
Now I don't have do circle Motegi in a "Nascar brick" (no pun intended! :) ) over and over and over...:banghead:

I recorded RouteX with the Merc VGT and BOB at "push it hard" only, 4:07 minutes round.
Also recorded Redbull X2014 Standard Silverstone and Apricot hill.
Silverstone was easy for me, but i noticed i only had silver at apricot, so i tried B-spec.
It took me 7x before i knew what was possible and BOB got gold.
I will send you a inbox message when i have uploaded them and you can watch it.

Great. Just did the RB Standard Championship again and now finished 3rd overall, the RS tires really helped lol. Also the tip to sometimes use X briefly in corners to overtake is really nice. I got the win on the second race (Forest) which before was the hardest one. But I... err Bob farted on Fuji which was before my easiest one and only got 8th there. Will have to redo it again someday to get gold.

Tried the LCC Rocket on Nurgurgring 24 minutes.
RS tires, max power upgrades, increased top speed setting to ~190 no wet tires owned.

1st try I set Bob to push the pace from the beginning and he won easily by about 40 seconds.
2nd try I left him set at My Own Pace and he finished 5th against the same line up down by 19 seconds.

Also set to push his best lap was almost 30 seconds faster than when set at my own pace.

Is an easy win if you set the pace up one click at the beginning.

I hear ya but apart from this grinding fest what I kinda dislike about GT6 is that so much of the game is focussed on high pp and racing cars. I really like the car and pp selection for the novice and national B parts of the career mode where you have events with around 400-450 pp limits. I like classic and normal road cars so it's sad such a small part of the game is focussed on racing those cars. The other day I bought a new classic 300-400pp car and I had to fall back to the novice sunday cup events or something to even find a competitive race to drive it in its stock shape (without completely upgrading / tuning it and thus killing its soul). The payout even with 200% bonus is pathetic, I think around 10k or something.

Why don't low pp car events don't return at higher licences? Why can't we do a 24 minute endurance race with for example American classics from around 400-450 pp? Really sad.

The most fun races I had in the entire career was in the Alpine A110 in Rome, or the GT40 '66 around Willow Springs for a bit higher pp events. But none of the races in modern day race cars come even close.

I hope they approach this differently for GT7 and make "end-game" racing with low PP cars viable as well. I know there are also seasonal events and online racing but when I buy a new car I'm not used to I rather not test it out on multiplayer. And seasonals, sometimes they can be really good, sometimes not, it's a gamble what we get every week.

Last edited:
The problem with B-spec is that, if you don't tell him anything... he will behave like a sheep, will stay within the... flock ;-) and... finish 6th(ish).
Somebody will come up with a DIY device that presses the R1 and Triangle buttons at the same time.

Then we can "grind"

Somebody will come up with a DIY device that presses the R1 and Triangle buttons at the same time.

Then we can "grind"
No need, we can grid just fine as it is, just got to find the right races and car setup to use

I hear ya but apart from this grinding fest what I kinda dislike about GT6 is that so much of the game is focussed on high pp and racing cars.
Yeah I dislike that also. When I want to drive I mostly run the Willow event using 500PP cars for a little bit of challenge.

I really wish we had some 2 lap races on Nurburgring where we could use lower PP street cars. I really like driving that track in lots of cars but we have very little in the way of choices there if we want to earn credits.

This is one good thing about finally having B-Spec in that now I do not need to be as concerned about racing for credits and can run whatever I like but still would be nice to have more choices for high payout low pp races.

What would be great would be if we could set up races however we like in career mode and have them pay a decent amount of credits.

Last edited:
So, any ideas to lower the 4 minute mark on Like The Wind?

I was thinking about using the Alfa TZ3 Zagato or something with 1100hp+

I was thinking about using the Alfa TZ3 Zagato or something with 1100hp+
Use the Chapparal 2X on Indy. Add 50kg to it and shift it until the weight is 49/51, then lower the power to 533HP. PP should be 750. Force Bobby on Push It Hard and force him to accelerate. He'll get the entire race done in about 3 minutes and 20 seconds every time.

Use the Chapparal 2X on Indy. Add 50kg to it and shift it until the weight is 49/51, then lower the power to 533HP. PP should be 750. Force Bobby on Push It Hard and force him to accelerate. He'll get the entire race done in about 3 minutes and 20 seconds every time.
I guess we have to coach the guy for more than half the race, what they are looking for is a win witout doing anything at all in the least time possible (SSRX is a really easy win on B-Spec)

Great! Another good one and it's quicker. Thank you! :)

The 2013 pagani does 4:00 flat, still looking for something faster

I'm sitting on the floor with the baby playing with toys, restarting this one over and over on the tv PIP :)

Awesome idea, I have a 1 year old little girl that will like the idea too... :) Playing with toys while Bob gets me credits.

People that work hard and/or that have kids know the true value of B-spec. Because we don't have that much free time.

Fingers and toes crossed. What do they have planned for us?

I was thinking that one reason to have this simple B-spec implementation the way it is in GT6 could mean that something B-spec related could be coming via the GT App.

But I'm crazy. Who knows? We never expected the remote b-spec in GT5...

Its a problem when they release a watered down feature 15 months late, with no new content to use with it.
Then you should put this problem at Polyphony.
I choose that it is not a problem, just a delayed feature.
Do i miss a special B-spec content? yes, but that's it, i miss it, but it is not GT5, it's GT6.

There's only one problem, and that's for Polyphony, will i get a PS4 and GT7 when it is released.
Time and info will tell.Untill then i play GT6 a few times a week.

...the Mazda LM55 (tuned for max speed - 480km/h - and minimum downforce) let to himself will do something like 3:55
Or maybe the Chaparral X... ? (didn't try myself)

...the Mazda LM55 (tuned for max speed - 480km/h - and minimum downforce) let to himself will do something like 3:55
I tried the 2X, but BOB is a scared dude, took him longer then with the AMG VGT.

@Lupo sorry, i'm lazy and tired, any link to that mazda LM55 tune?

I ran the LM55 3 times and the best he got was 4:16

So, I've been using the overtake button a load, especially in the harder races like the Red Bull Jr. Only just now I realised if you tap the accelerate button in the braking zones, you get far better results.

I was expecting new windshield stickers ( asfound in datas at least 5 months ago) as a hidden/ new content to be dropped this month but hey, i' m enjoying the update so far.

Back