B-Spec in 1.16 Update!

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 584 comments
Wishful thinking that the "Switch Lanes" option would be for open world driving in a future update. I'd welcome it though.

Personally, I am satisfied with the B-SPEC mode.

Yes, there is no team management but Kaz had said that this mode would become optional.
And I prefer, Gran Turismo is primarily a driving game.

In GT6, we go to the heart of the subject. And it works really well.
There are more control and AI seems to be effective, requires us to stay focused on the race.

Frankly, I didn't expect more

Last edited:
I'm mostly disappointed with B-Spec.

I expected the return of the Remote Races, watching that 20 lap LMP run around Indianapolis was actually fun...

And I also wanted to name my B-Spec Bob...

Bob is sloooooooooooooooooooooooow, i'm going to call him James. :rolleyes:

I am 3-5 secs faster on RH than he is on RS and that is when he is set to push hard and given some encouragement. Useless slow James. :indiff:

I cannot have any fun with B-Spec, he just does not have enough 'want to win', ANYTHING.

@Lupo sorry, i'm lazy and tired, any link to that mazda LM55 tune?

The only change I did to the LM55 was setting it to max speed - 480km/h - and minimum downforce (both front & rear). This is enough for Bob on Motegi. I didn't spend any time (yet) caring with the LM55 (or any other Vision car)...

The only change I did to the LM55 was setting it to max speed - 480km/h - and minimum downforce (both front & rear). This is enough for Bob on Motegi. I didn't spend any time (yet) caring with the LM55 (or any other Vision car)...
OK, today i tried some cars and settings, managed to get the Huayra '13 to bust the 300mph mark on routeX with BOB and let him do it all on "push me hard".

There are many people divided about B-spec i am hopefully going to explain why this is the best update for GT6 released to date.

This option opens up racing to disabled people and i am grateful it finally made it into gt6 only one year and 4 months late. I was going to skip Gt6 this time until my son caught wind of it via YouTube (Gt6 was the first Christmas present he made it clear he wanted (he cannot talk he use's makaton for communication ) from November to December it was on our tv constantly anything's better than peppa pig.

Last night i spent 2 hours convincing him to try granturismo again (Even my 7yr old is disillusioned with gt6) he didnt want to play.. I explained finally B-spec has been released like on gt4 and gt5 and he should try to do the race's again.

Now my son has never won a race on his own even though he been playing gt since he was 2 years old. But last night he won 5 races back to back and got himself some stars you should have seen his face, This game has finally put a smile on my son's face a bit late for me i wanted to see that 2 christmas's ago but atleast he may has a bit of use out of it.

So all in all i am glad b-spec is back and hope they don't change it again.

There are many people divided about B-spec i am hopefully going to explain why this is the best update for GT6 released to date.

This option opens up racing to disabled people and i am grateful it finally made it into gt6 only one year and 4 months late. I was going to skip Gt6 this time until my son caught wind of it via YouTube (Gt6 was the first Christmas present he made it clear he wanted (he cannot talk he use's makaton for communication ) from November to December it was on our tv constantly anything's better than peppa pig.

Last night i spent 2 hours convincing him to try granturismo again (Even my 7yr old is disillusioned with gt6) he didnt want to play.. I explained finally B-spec has been released like on gt4 and gt5 and he should try to do the race's again.

Now my son has never won a race on his own even though he been playing gt since he was 2 years old. But last night he won 5 races back to back and got himself some stars you should have seen his face, This game has finally put a smile on my son's face a bit late for me i wanted to see that 2 christmas's ago but atleast he may has a bit of use out of it.

That's amazing to read. Had a smile on my face while reading because it's really nice for your son. :)

I understand that b-spec implementation is simple this time but it's still very useful. I've been using it a lot while studying, taking care and playing with my little daughter. It's great for those with kids. Plus, my little girl enjoy watching the races sometimes. :)

I did some testing with b-spec yesterday. I did the Suzuka GT500 race 3 times with the same car (Honda HSV GT500 base car - stock with oil change).

First try I let Bob run his own pace, he finished 9th with a total time of 11:06.
Second try I set him to push pace, he finished 4th with a total time of 10:57.
Third try I set him to push hard, he finished 1st with a total time of 10:50.
In all 3 tries I set the pace at the beginning of the race then didn't give any other commands during the race, I simply let him race to see what he would do.

B-spec Bob isn't a smart driver by any means, but there's some noticeable differences in pace & aggressiveness in the 3 pace options. To me that's a clear sign that PD could improve AI and give players the option to adjust AI difficulty in offline races if they wanted to.
I mean, if I can setup b-spec Bob to race at 3 different speeds why doesn't PD include those same options for the AI opponents we race against? Option to adjust AI difficulty (pace & aggressiveness) combined with standing starts/normal rolling starts + option to set all AI opponents to use competitive cars + sim options enabled could make career & arcade races a lot more interesting.
The current offline race format of catch-up races against an unbalanced grid of AI drivers of fixed difficulty is incredibly boring to play.

I fully agree with this and I'm really glad how it made your son happy. The previous 2 weeks I've been driving that seasonal expert autumn ring reverse event over and over again (for fun and credits) to the point where my knees hurt so much from the G27's pedals I had to change tactics, I reconfigured the buttons on the steering wheel itself to remap acceleration and braking there so I could still do the event to farm credits, albeit slower due to them now being digital inputs. Now with B-spec released I can still be active in the game and farm credits (or play B-spec) while my knees rest. So for me it will take off some pressure from my knees for sure.

Now I'm mainly farming credits with B-spec to get new cars but I can certainly see myself do some B-spec events from career mode as well. Preferrably even without little or no user input and just out of curiousity to see what Bob can do in what car. :)

Has anyone looked at the cost of repairing chassis and engine on the cars used for grinding? I wonder if a tuned Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT could be used for a leave alone race once pace has been set. From memory it gets to over 1000hp. Maybe the Rocket is low cost to maintain also (can't remember)

I have no interest in offline mode for a-spec or arcade mode anymore. Project Cars is coming soon if I want a great offline race I can use that with any car from the start. I only want all GT6 cars for my online racing group. I ground the same cars in GT5 and don't want to do it again. I currently have around 500 cars. Most purchases now will have to come from bspec.

Maybe another question/challenge could be what is the lowest cost car (excluding upgrades) that you can get to win regularly at either a 24 minute race or the Like The Wind @ Route X by only setting initial pace. That way engine and chassis repairs are lowest.

That's awesome :)

Has anyone looked at the cost of repairing chassis and engine on the cars used for grinding? I wonder if a tuned Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT could be used for a leave alone race once pace has been set. From memory it gets to over 1000hp. Maybe the Rocket is low cost to maintain also (can't remember)
I just did the rigidity restore on the rocket this morning. $50k I had earned almost 20 million with it in the 24 minute NBR race before that so chump change ;) It could have continued to win even without it but it seemed like Bob was having a little trouble driving it in the last couple of races, he still won but wiped out a couple of times.

I don't think the cost of repairs is really an issue with most cars 1 race will cover it and then some.

Thank you all for the kind word's as gamer's we are a selfish sub group. We mainly want features implemented for personal selfish reason's. i am not sure if Kaz intended for B-spec to be used by people with disability's and it is probably a happy accident but i am totally over the moon with the way it played out. Blake is like his Father a petrol nut. Car's make Blake happy ... i'll share his smile with you all this is Blake at goodwood last year. Maybe in a few years he be challeging you all
Brakeblake.JPG

^

While I'm always conscious that several million copies of GT6 were sold, and that therefore it stands to reason that many users may be unique in their love and use for it, this is a reminder of the versatility of this product, however much any small (though vocal) minority claims it as their own, and with only one way to use it.

If you can imagine the clamour in an old folks nursing home when a B-Spec race is booted up and all the oldies watch, then you can imagine just the tip of the GT Series satisfaction iceberg.

This app also enables me to have them tour London, Madrid, etc, etc, while in the comfort of their wheelchairs. Some just like to go for a drive, though are unable to move any limbs at all.

Wishful thinking that the "Switch Lanes" option would be for open world driving in a future update. I'd welcome it though.

hmm, more like a nightmare to me. If GT ever goes open world I will definitely not buy another copy of it. IMO that would be the ruin of the game.

^

While I'm always conscious that several million copies of GT6 were sold, and that therefore it stands to reason that many users may be unique in their love and use for it, this is a reminder of the versatility of this product, however much any small (though vocal) minority claims it as their own, and with only one way to use it.

If you can imagine the clamour in an old folks nursing home when a B-Spec race is booted up and all the oldies watch, then you can imagine just the tip of the GT Series satisfaction iceberg.

This app also enables me to have them tour London, Madrid, etc, etc, while in the comfort of their wheelchairs. Some just like to go for a drive, though are unable to move any limbs at all.

I wish i wrote that post :D summed it up perfectly. I bash gt6 all the time but it's only because i can glimpse what it could be. But almost 17 years ago i played Gran Turismo bootleg in black and white and Japanese and i am still passionate for it i was the only person that pre ordered it at the time... jeez actually the shop didnt even know what a pre-order was in them days it was called a deposit. I may bash it more in the future but b-spec have been the saving grace for Gt6 so much so i am going to donate my 2nd ps3 to blakes school so other children can experience it..

Your one lucky sum of a bi** kaz you saved a gained back a lot of respect from me

BTW, there's a simple solution for the missing B-spec content.💡
Create a new account on your PS3
Start your BOB career in that account.

If bob has a fast car, he will go for it, but if his car is just a little faster, then bob will need help.
I just let bob run "like the wind" race 2 SS7, he made 1st, but he had to fight for it.
And he's sometimes just as agressive as the AI in the season event, so i guess he will make brake mistakes on Le mans and Nurburg GP/F just liek the AI etc.etc.

One think bothers me, zig zag overtaking, "look ahead bob, two cars on the left? go right again!!Idjit.."

It suddenly hits me, that someone maybe allready suggested a new account, well sorry if it did.

Has anyone looked at the cost of repairing chassis and engine on the cars used for grinding?

I don't think it matters much, I know the Huayra is 500k for the chassis, the engine is probably the same. The chassis was already yellow last time I checked but Bob can still easily get way ahead of the competition and win the event just over 4 minutes so no need to rebuild the car yet. If the completion time will seriously drop in the future I will just repair it, that would be 1 mill credits which can be earned back in half an hour grinding Route X.

I'm also letting Bob race with the 15th Anniv Huayra so I have the standard Huayra for myself if I want to race with an undamaged one.

@breyzipp and @JohnScoonsBeard
I grinded in the beginning a lot, then i unlocked the redbull standard and after a while i reached the 50mil limit.:lol:
The lowest i ever got was 30mil after i bought the jaguar XJ for 20mill, and then the christmass events came.;)
10million in no time and a few cars and now i have 2 jaguar xj's.:irked:

Anyway, today i played with grinding with b-spec, but i specialized myself in the redbull standard silverstone track.A few shortcuts (cheats) and 260k within 4 minutes.:cool:
every 7 days season events that pay not bad, Mini VGT gives a car and 800K at 200%login and gold lap.:)
And driving yourself on a-spec events 2 or 3 times keeps you alert and gives good credits.:D

So i don't depend on B-spec grinding, but also drive laps myself for practice.
I'm always around 47million and after two weeks events i must be carefull not to hit the 50mill again.:banghead:

Don't get to lazy and let BOB do all the grinding, use the a-spec events to grind a few days and between them a race at redbull standard silverstone, and take a nice and long break and relax.:P
To be honest, Bob grinding at RouteX is not relaxing, every 4 minutes reload and start again..Naaah.

Bob grinding at the ring is not so bad. I personally am pretty tired of most things in the game, there are no A-Spec races that I really enjoy driving especially to earn credits. very few races on Nurburgring and even fewer suitable for a car I actually want to drive. Same with other tracks that I like either the race is only one lap or is in a car I don't really want to drive.
As for the money limit is easy to knock that down. I have somewhere around 400 cars in the garage including 3 of those that cost 20 mil one that is 15 mil and several LMPs and a FGT. had 36 mil this morning have 3 mil now ;)

I've done no grinding in GT6 OTHER than the Red Bulls a year ago. I haven't even played most of the "endurance" races. Mainly because I'd already had enough of unequal spread out fields and awful AI for 2-5 laps, let alone 25 minutes. I can sort of see why 25 minutes is called an "endurance". Chase the rabbits every time. Anyway BSpec I-Bob will keep the cash/cars coming in while I race Stock Car Extreme on PC sim or PCars/Driveclub (even The Crew) on PS4. Bob will allow me all the cars I need for online GT6 which is worth continuing because of the great people in my GT6 club.

Thanks for the tips to everyone.

I don't know if the regular AI are dumbed down or something when you use BSpec, but Bob is significantly faster and smarter than the rest of the AI drivers, which disappoints me that the AI in GT isn't already on his level (though that would make the game unbeatable in some instances for the majority of casual gamer), but gives me the GTP hype virus that makes me think that this is encouraging for the next GT.

I've given things thought and I find it hard to enjoy having so much control over your driver. It defeats the purpose of managing a driver if you can control almost everything he does.

The mode is enjoyable at times, but keeps on highlighting to me the issue GT has in its number of events, quality and quantity-wise. I would probably not enjoy the mode at all had I had the game from launch, as I would have completed all of the events by now, and with no sense of progress with BSpec whatsoever it is quite gimmicky for the GT6 veteran.

Bob is sloooooooooooooooooooooooow, i'm going to call him James. :rolleyes:

I am 3-5 secs faster on RH than he is on RS and that is when he is set to push hard and given some encouragement. Useless slow James. :indiff:

I cannot have any fun with B-Spec, he just does not have enough 'want to win', ANYTHING.

But it's been like that since it's implementation in Gran Turismo.

Could easily imagine people making threads claiming (crying) that B Spec is too hard and that B Spec Bob keeps making them look like novices if PD turned B Spec Bob up a notch.

Polyphony can't win with gamers today. If it isn't this, it's that... kind of attitude.

When the course maker comes out next month, there's sure to be a lot of sour and sore course makers making threads bemoaning it's late introduction and why it doesn't follow there ideal.

Back