Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,102 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
Depending on when (time) this takes place, I'll join in.

freshseth83/freshseth83/Impreza super touring car

Welcome Seth ... now we got the "Killer" in this series as well ... :lol:
Time is 22:00 GMT+2 Sunday nights ...
 
Welcome Seth ... now we got the "Killer" in this series as well ... :lol:
Time is 22:00 GMT+2 Sunday nights ...

5 P.M. GMT-5, therefore 2 P.M. for you, Seth. :)
 
I''ll update the OP when I'm on the PC at work ... PS3 browser doesn't allow it
 
It does allow it. You have to click the 'Edit' button twice and it will let you edit it.

These cars will be faster than the VLN series ones. I wondered if you would allow the FTO Super Touring car? The Mazda is slow IMO, no where near what the FTO is capable of.
 
I don't have FTO so I haven't been able to spec it and test it ... But the Alteza will need to be re-spec'd due to it being too quick ...
 
I think there's no need for that car. You already have the IS200, which is the same car. I'm just giving you my opinion, no need to take it to heart. I would replace it with the FTO ST car. Which is AWD, so it could run the same specs as the AWD cars, it's almost as fast as the Impreza.
 
Well we going to run another test tomorrow ... spec it up and join us to see how it fairs
 
I tried it tonight, after you left. I ran a little bit faster with it than the Subaru. Thanks in part to it's better weight balance. I want to run the FTO, which is why I asked for it. I know another guy in here wanted to run it too. So we could team up if you did allow it. The BMW, Integra and the Mazda are too slow compared to the other cars. There is another Integra, which is the Gran Turismo one. The Integra Type R Touring car (standard). I can test that out to see if it drives any better than the Integra RM.
 
So, I tested the FWD cars, and unless were doing super fast race tracks with huge straights, they'll get left behind. The only thing I could say is to give them something around 25hp more than the rest of the cars in hopes that they'll pull away far enough on the straights to make up for their lack of cornering. They just can't corner with the speed of the AWD or RWD cars.
 
So, I tested the FWD cars, and unless were doing super fast race tracks with huge straights, they'll get left behind. The only thing I could say is to give them something around 25hp more than the rest of the cars in hopes that they'll pull away far enough on the straights to make up for their lack of cornering. They just can't corner with the speed of the AWD or RWD cars.

The first test is tomorrow. If that's the case, we'll find out.
 
I've been testing touring cars for a while, so maybe it'll be new to you. But I know the FWDs, the Mazda and the BMW will get left behind. The BMW is too heavy and doesn't turn in enough, and the Mazda and FWDs suffer the same problem. They can only hope to keep up by some magical tune or having more power.
 
I've been testing touring cars for a while, so maybe it'll be new to you. But I know the FWDs, the Mazda and the BMW will get left behind. The BMW is too heavy and doesn't turn in enough, and the Mazda and FWDs suffer the same problem. They can only hope to keep up by some magical tune or having more power.

I tuned/tested for ITCC... That seems to have worked. Though some people are impatient..
 
ITCC is street cars. Not that it's a bad thing, but I've tested and drove all the cars in this series plenty. Thats how I knew the Impreza would be a good choice. But at the weight its at, I feel the FTO is better balanced. Let me go into some detail. Earlier, I ran these cars at Nurb GP/F at the specs of 300hp and then 325hp. The FTO and Imprezza can run low 2:05's @300hp. Then at 325hp they get to the mid-low 2:04's. The Mazda was 4 seconds slower @300hp 1070kg. The Integra was around the same. I ran the Integra @350hp it could only do 2:07's; 2:06's maybe on low fuel. Some of the cars are lost around tracks like that. If you think that is bad, wait till you test these cars out at Deep Forest! The gap will surprise you.
 
Seth thanks for the input & help ... I still feel the cars are overpowered @ 350hp. Most of these cars are stock around the 320-325 mark and that's where they feel more stable. The Lexus last night felt kak @ 350, but @ 325, I was 2.9 sec off Seths time in the Scoob @ 350 ... We've got 2 weeks before Season starts ... tonight we should maybe run the Forest AND Tokyo to iron out these cars ... Maybe FF's should get 350, FR's 325 and AWD's 310 to even them out ...
Seth, bring the FTO and lets test it instead of the Mazda ...
 
So for tonights Test-Races we use which specs ??
 
That's what we should work on tonight ... get the cars even ... bring your car to OP specs and we'll take it from there ...
 
Are my ears deceiving me? Could the FTO actually be a possibility? Dream coming true! :D
 
Lol ... could be Cole
 
10 minutes? Right? Riiiiiiggggghhhhtttt? :lol:
 
Actually only in an hour but I'm pretty tired so I'll open now ...
 
Probably won't make it guys. G/F is watching TV, so I can't get on. I'll be online later tonight or tomorrow, so I can compare times from your test session. Just remember. At 300hp around Nurb GP/F, the Subaru and FTO were in the 2:05's.
 
I can't make it, have a previous commitment to keep, sorry! :(
 
So I ran some laps in the room after the race was finished since I didn't make it in time. Despite the calls for the 'banning' of the Impreza and FTO Super Touring cars, I set fastest laps with the other cars that ran the race. I'm not sure what specs you were using so I just went with what has been talked about in this thread.

I ran 1050kg for FWD (STANDARD Integra Type R touring car) with 350hp as that's it's minimum weight. I ran the FTO and Subaru at 300hp and 310hp with no upgrades to the engine. I ran the EVO IX RM at 1080kg (it's minimum weight) and 350hp. And finally ran the Silvia S15 RM at 1070kg 350hp. Here are the times I got with only 3 laps in each, so no continuous running to further my chance of a perfect lap (I used no tire wear like you guys had in the race).

Subaru Impreza ST 1120kg/310hp- 1:23.04x (3rd)
Mitsubishi FTO ST 1100kg/310hp- 1:23.1xx (close 4th)
Integra Type R TC 1050kg/350hp- 1:22.7xx (fastest)
Mitsubishi EVO RM 1080kg/350hp- 1:23.5xx (5th ~+.6xx)
Nissan Silvia S15 RM 1070kg/350hp- 1:22.7xx (2nd +.010)

So I didn't test the Mazda or the Lexus, but the times were all pretty close to eachother at the specs I tested. The exception was the EVO which took a little bit longer to get right.
 
So I ran some laps in the room after the race was finished since I didn't make it in time. Despite the calls for the 'banning' of the Impreza and FTO Super Touring cars, I set fastest laps with the other cars that ran the race. I'm not sure what specs you were using so I just went with what has been talked about in this thread.

I ran 1050kg for FWD (STANDARD Integra Type R touring car) with 350hp as that's it's minimum weight. I ran the FTO and Subaru at 300hp and 310hp with no upgrades to the engine. I ran the EVO IX RM at 1080kg (it's minimum weight) and 350hp. And finally ran the Silvia S15 RM at 1070kg 350hp. Here are the times I got with only 3 laps in each, so no continuous running to further my chance of a perfect lap (I used no tire wear like you guys had in the race).

Subaru Impreza ST 1120kg/310hp- 1:23.04x (3rd)
Mitsubishi FTO ST 1100kg/310hp- 1:23.1xx (close 4th)
Integra Type R TC 1050kg/350hp- 1:22.7xx (fastest)
Mitsubishi EVO RM 1080kg/350hp- 1:23.5xx (5th ~+.6xx)
Nissan Silvia S15 RM 1070kg/350hp- 1:22.7xx (2nd +.010)

So I didn't test the Mazda or the Lexus, but the times were all pretty close to eachother at the specs I tested. The exception was the EVO which took a little bit longer to get right.

By the end of my testing, I got 1:23.1s and low 1:23s the entire time in the Lexus. Currently, at Motegi, I give the specs temporary approval for further testing. Obviously, I don't make the final calls, but I do understand specs.
 
Awesome, awesome, awesome test last night guys ...

The FR cars are nice and equal. We had one Mazda running at 350/1100 and the gap between the fastest driver and the slowest was 0.5 sec in Race Pace. This series is going to put pressure on the drivers and force mistakes, it was proven last night.

Moose, I apologize, because you were given the wrong specs. The Mazda is suppose to be running at 1070kg.

No disrespect Seth, but you could be sand bagging those cars. We know how fast you are. We have the FR's setup at 325/1050, and the Imprezza STC, Altezza and FTO were a good 3-4 sec a lap faster. I'm not insulting you or anything, but they are too quick. Sake is on par with your skills, it's been proven in ITCC, and his best Race Pace time in the Lexus was 1:23.6, I think. BMW proved to be relatively quick, due to its brilliant handling.

But I will agree to further testing of these above mentioned vehicles to see if they can be included.

Mel, you might have managed that with the Lexus, but I know it took a lot to get those times. During race pace the times were between 1:23.6 and 1:24.1. I'll admit that the more you drive the car, the quicker it gets. I gained 1.5 sec between quali for the race and the end of Race 2. We need to talk setup. The Lexus will gain from a good one.

Guys, we have TWO (2) WEEKS before preseason begins. I ask that every registered driver take part in at least ONE Official Test session before then. We can't have half the cars show up and expect to be able to spec the whole field.
 
So wait; Can I use a FTO?

And next week is a no-go for testing, sorry. Will the week after that work?
 
So wait; Can I use a FTO?

And next week is a no-go for testing, sorry. Will the week after that work?

Possibly. We need more testing.

Preseason starts on the 5 Aug, which is not next Sunday but the following Sunday. Testing does not necessarily have to be done on a Sunday. But this Sunday coming will be difficult for me due to the Fiat Trophy starting.

Testing can happen whenever all drivers are available. We will run a test session during the week sometime ...
 
Why would I sandbag? You ran the fast cars (FTO/Impreza) at equal power to the lesser ones. I ran the cars at the specs I said (300-310hp for FTO/Impreza). Mel was there to see how fast I went with the FTO and Subaru. He even set a 1:23.0xx with the FTO at 300hp. But I didn't use any upgrades (turbo nor engine) and didn't run full downforce. It's not like I have something to gain by having 50 less horsepower in the car I want to run!

And I donno how Sakery is compared to me on pace. I've raced him only a couple times in that ITCC. Last race we couldn't even see eachother, plus I was a late entry so I had no tune for the car. You said you were running the cars at 350hp. So thats the specs I tested the non Super Touring cars at. You must not have seen my post clearly, or you read it wrong. Nissan S15, EVO IX RM, Integra Touring Car; all at 350hp. The Impreza and FTO I ran at 300-310hp.
 
Back