Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,101 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
Damn, I saw it was open on the OP...

I'll take the Evo IX, then. That's the only other car on the entire list I have experience with xP
Although if you ever decide to admit the FTO STC in, I'll be the first to switch xD

Also, is there another IX driver other than me? I thought there were two spots... :|

Yes, there is: AJG... I know that, because he has my initials.
 
AJHG1000 is the other Evo driver ...

All registered drivers are listed underneath their respective cars ...
 
Wow I must be blind or something, sorry guys. Thanks for all the help! :P
 
Cool Cole ... don't forget to vote on the HP pole on the top of the thread ....
 
Already did, Nizmo. 350 all the way! :P

Also, I can record the sessions/races for future use if anyone would like, I have a PVR :D
 
Already did, Nizmo. 350 all the way! :P

Also, I can record the sessions/races for future use if anyone would like, I have a PVR :D

:lol: ... thanks ... my 325hp means nothing to anyone any more ... :lol:

I'll keep that in mind because a PVR always comes in handy for situations ...
 
Probably not; but the 320i TC only has 351 when maxxed out xD

And I save the replay of every race I participate in, just for such an occasion :)
Although for best results, I might have every single person save their replays and send them to me, just for best results ;)
 
Ally and Myself continued testing for a while last night after everyone's connection issues.

I ran the cars I had at 350bhp around Grand Valley.

The Toyota is by far the car to have, I am nearly 2sec quicker in it compared to the some others. I was also testing with Bronzo the other day, and was losing ground radically per lap in the Silvia, once I changed to the Toyota, we were all together on track. Think my time was around 1.54.9

The Silvia is a good car, just lacks a little pace, it needs good set up work to try and stay close to the Toyota. After the first sector around Grand Valley, I was already 0.500 behind on my Toyota time. Think I did a late 1.55

The Mazda was average, nothing special. 1.56 best

BMW is a joke, couldn't get it to 350bhp, its so slow that I gave up and nearly fell asleep. Sorry BMW fans.

Just from a the few laps I did, I really think that Toyota will run away with this, especially in good driving hands. Please I am not the best driver and tester out there, but its just what I have noticed.

Maybe a bhp limit for each car after some good serious testing to bring them closer, it will make racing better and give all a fair chance for all.

We dont want guys pulling out knowing they cant win.
 
What about a pp limit? Isn't that what the purpose of the gauging system originally was? Seems like the best (and most efficient) option to me...

and if the Beemer doesn't work out, we can always switch to one of the Opels... or the FTO STC xD

Did I mention I love that car? xD
 
I haven't been able to test the Toyota properly myself, but I do believe that it and the Scooby would pull away ... That's why I want to set up test sessions to equalize the cars so no cvar has an unfair advantage over the others ...

BMW has to be maxed out with a High RPM Turbo to be able to hit 350hp ...

This I think might have to happen ...

Maybe a bhp limit for each car after some good serious testing to bring them closer, it will make racing better and give all a fair chance for all.
 
What about a pp limit? Isn't that what the purpose of the gauging system originally was? Seems like the best (and most efficient) option to me...

and if the Beemer doesn't work out, we can always switch to one of the Opels... or the FTO STC xD

Did I mention I love that car? xD
 
Well the Opels are DTM cars and in original testing they just killed the TC's ... PP doesn't always work due to certain cars performing best at a specific PP while others are really really crap at the same PP ...


How do the Saffer's in here feel about a Bridgestone Production Car type series?
 
I agree with Driver all the cars are very similar at 350bhp. Most of them are within 0.5-1seconds of each other with the exception of the BMW and Altezza. Even at 300bhp the BMW is slower than all the other cars. That being said, the Altezza is seriously quick. I was watching Driver's laps in it and it was very very quick. It is definately the quickest in the field... Most of the other cars are fairly equal and some requires setup work to make them go but they are even.
So we probably going to have to test the Altezza at a different bhp to bring it in line with the other cars and the as far as the BMW, maybe replace it with another car...

Any thoughts??
 
I agree with Driver all the cars are very similar at 350bhp. Most of them are within 0.5-1seconds of each other with the exception of the BMW and Altezza. Even at 300bhp the BMW is slower than all the other cars. That being said, the Altezza is seriously quick. I was watching Driver's laps in it and it was very very quick. It is definately the quickest in the field... Most of the other cars are fairly equal and some requires setup work to make them go but they are even.
So we probably going to have to test the Altezza at a different bhp to bring it in line with the other cars and the as far as the BMW, maybe replace it with another car...

Any thoughts??


Replace the BMW with what car?

Respecing will definitely be needed ... on both the Altezza and possibly the Scooby ...


Thanks for your effort guys ... 👍
 
NizmoDr3
Well the Opels are DTM cars and in original testing they just killed the TC's ... PP doesn't always work due to certain cars performing best at a specific PP while others are really really crap at the same PP ...

How do the Saffer's in here feel about a Bridgestone Production Car type series?

I think that will probably be a better option..... BMW 330, Audi A4, Nissan 350 and the Subaru. We can use standard road cars and pimp them up a bit :)
The cars will perform a lot closer and make the testing and balancing of performance much easier ;)
 
I think that will probably be a better option..... BMW 330, Audi A4, Nissan 350 and the Subaru. We can use standard road cars and pimp them up a bit :)
The cars will perform a lot closer and make the testing and balancing of performance much easier ;)

Awww, and lose this series?
 
I think that will probably be a better option..... BMW 330, Audi A4, Nissan 350 and the Subaru. We can use standard road cars and pimp them up a bit :)
The cars will perform a lot closer and make the testing and balancing of performance much easier ;)

Well I ran some testing with Class A & T cars ... its pretty much 0.9 sec between the Class A cars ... Closest cars in game was the Audi S4, BMW 135i (330i might be uncompetitive), 370Z and Scooby Hatch...

Tested them running Std box's and weight limit of 1350kg for the FR's and 1450kg for the AWD... According to Bridgestone rules ...
 
U can team me up with bronzosback
 
U can team me up with bronzosback

The Altezza already has two drivers and a reserve ...

The open slots available are as follows ...

Honda INTEGRA TYPE R RM x1 Spot
Mazda Atenza Touring Car/Mazda Mazda6 Touring Car x1 Spot
Subaru IMPREZA Super Touring Car x1 Spot
 
When should we setup the next test session guys?
 
When should we setup the next test session guys?

We normally plan on running these cars on Fridays? Or Sundays?


I say tomorrow, perhaps. Tomorrow, meaning Sunday.
 
Tomorrow is perfect by me ... what track should we test on?
 
Tomorrow is perfect by me ... what track should we test on?

Tokyo R246. Also, by tomorrow, I'll have a 350 hp tune for the Lexus up, which we'll share.
 
Done and done ... the Lexus is extremely tail happy at 350hp ... but it is a tricky car anyway ... I'll send you my base setup when I get home so you can see where I've gone wrong ...
 
Nice. I'll just post up what I manage on Winter Stars. I'm planning on dropping off two rally tunes, as well.
 
I'll keep an eye open ...
 
Depending on when (time) this takes place, I'll join in.

freshseth83/freshseth83/Impreza super touring car
 
Depending on when (time) this takes place, I'll join in.

freshseth83/impreza super touring car

And the Subaru slots are filled, just in time for me to announce the tune for the Lexus. Though it's in its infancy, my tuning setup is a starting point.



Also, welcome Seth!
 
Yup, look for me in the white Subaru.
 
Yup, look for me in the white Subaru.

Not the silver one in the OP picture? I know that colour, then. :) I'm liking, that you continually use white cars, now. I can tell when it's you, I'm catching up to.
 
Back