Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,144 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
Testing was cool Yesterday and there are pretty sweat results.

1. Toyota Altezza --> Very OP !!
I tested it with 300bhp and 1050kg at Deep Forrest: 1:13.3ish
Lowered the Power to 280bhp same weight => 1:13.5ish -_-
250bhp same weight => 1:13.7ish
=====> WHAT the Hell ??? I know it´s the "Hachi-Roku"-Race Car but that it´s soo overpowered I couldn´t even imagine.
But probably it´s my Set-up which feels superb I must admit :D

(I won´t use this Car I have to run with 225bhp and 1150kg to get to the mid 14s which where my average Times in the Integra Touring Car [350bhp 1050kg] and thats ridiculous)

2. BMW Touring Car:
I did a 1:13.8ish with 1140kg and 350bhp at Deep Forrest. (average is low 14s though)
=> It´s not that slow :D
Maybe get a little bhp penalty to say 325bhp and it´s on par with the FWD´s.
(will test it)

3. As said I tested the Integra Touring Car (PD´s not the RM).
350bhp and 1050kg as specs:
1:14.1ish as fastest but average is 14.4ish

4. As replacement for the Altezza I tested the *lol* Xsara Rally Car:
Well this tiny little Car is a wild one !
Really it has a loose Rear and it´s FWD !!
Although it only has 15 front Downforce it could be used.
Specs: 960kg (due to lower Front DF) and 350bhp => 1:14.5ish
=> but it would be a tire eater and as said waaay to lively (but I like the drive:D)

5. Atenza with 350 and 1070kg:
Nice drive, superb sound and changeable wheels 👍
Time wise it´s good but I need more than 5 laps in it to get eventually better. She has potential but not that much:
1:14.4ish if I can rethink correct (will test her more for sure so..)

After that we changed the Track to Motegi East (👍 for that Track):

1. Went for the Silvia RM:
350bhp and 1050kg (I know wrong specs but...): 1:22.6ish
325bhp and 1100kg => 1:23.3ish

=> 10 lap race: Superb racing with Lexus guys and Allyk till lap 7ish where Allyk crashed. After that I could build the Gap due to Mel not getting his max lap-times ;) ( at this point he was at low 24s)

2. For the 2nd Race (15laps) I chose the Lexus GT1:
325bhp and 1070kg (had the same specs like Mel => correct me if anything is wrong):
1:24.0ish for Q and 1:23.6ish during Race.
I was soo tired I had a second-sleep at Lap 13 last turn => easy win for Allyk 👍


====>
What is my conclusion of testing ??
I have pretty nice base-setups for all kind of Drive-Trains and could go with all cars.
I´m a Reserve so I let them fix-drivers pick first and then I decide on the free spots.

Out of my choice: Altezza (although it looks sooo cool) it´s just too fast.

The Silvia RM jumps in the place bigtime, but as I said I´ll choose a free spot-car.

€dit: All Deep Forrest Times are without (!!) cutting the Concrete at Turn 4/5.
And If someone wants my setups for any above Cars => just PM me and you´ll get them.
 
Last edited:
The fast cars were set to 300hp in initial testing last night. We even tried detuning the Altezza to 250hp. But it was still too quick.

I did see your post, but I never took note of the weights. The weight limitations you set could possibly work. We need more testing ...
 
Seth is a bit quicker than me in the ITCC. So you could lower my times 0.1-0.3 seconds though ;)

But I think the FTO is OP too. It´s one of the fastest and easiest to drie Cars.
I drove it plenty of times and I even beat the 650pp Spa seasonal in her at 600pp without cutting and with RM´s and the leader was the Jaguar XJR-9 LM.
So probably it is OP too or again my setup brings it to OP-state (but thats questionable !!)
 
Testing was cool Yesterday and there are pretty sweat results.

1. Toyota Altezza --> Very OP !!
I tested it with 300bhp and 1050kg at Deep Forrest: 1:13.3ish
Lowered the Power to 280bhp same weight => 1:13.5ish -_-
250bhp same weight => 1:13.7ish
=====> WHAT the Hell ??? I know it´s the "Hachi-Roku"-Race Car but that it´s soo overpowered I couldn´t even imagine.
But probably it´s my Set-up which feels superb I must admit :D

(I won´t use this Car I have to run with 225bhp and 1150kg to get to the mid 14s which where my average Times in the Integra Touring Car [350bhp 1050kg] and thats ridiculous)

2. BMW Touring Car:
I did a 1:13.8ish with 1140kg and 350bhp at Deep Forrest. (average is low 14s though)
=> It´s not that slow :D
Maybe get a little bhp penalty to say 325bhp and it´s on par with the FWD´s.
(will test it)

3. As said I tested the Integra Touring Car (PD´s not the RM).
350bhp and 1050kg as specs:
1:14.1ish as fastest but average is 14.4ish

4. As replacement for the Altezza I tested the *lol* Xsara Rally Car:
Well this tiny little Car is a wild one !
Really it has a loose Rear and it´s FWD !!
Although it only has 15 front Downforce it could be used.
Specs: 960kg (due to lower Front DF) and 350bhp => 1:14.5ish
=> but it would be a tire eater and as said waaay to lively (but I like the drive:D)

5. Atenza with 350 and 1070kg:
Nice drive, superb sound and changeable wheels 👍
Time wise it´s good but I need more than 5 laps in it to get eventually better. She has potential but not that much:
1:14.4ish if I can rethink correct (will test her more for sure so..)

After that we changed the Track to Motegi East (👍 for that Track):

1. Went for the Silvia RM:
350bhp and 1050kg (I know wrong specs but...): 1:22.6ish
325bhp and 1100kg => 1:23.3ish

=> 10 lap race: Superb racing with Lexus guys and Allyk till lap 7ish where Allyk crashed. After that I could build the Gap due to Mel not getting his max lap-times ;) ( at this point he was at low 24s)

2. For the 2nd Race (15laps) I chose the Lexus GT1:
325bhp and 1070kg (had the same specs like Mel => correct me if anything is wrong):
1:24.0ish for Q and 1:23.6ish during Race.
I was soo tired I had a second-sleep at Lap 13 last turn => easy win for Allyk 👍


====>
What is my conclusion of testing ??
I have pretty nice base-setups for all kind of Drive-Trains and could go with all cars.
I´m a Reserve so I let them fix-drivers pick first and then I decide on the free spots.

Out of my choice: Altezza (although it looks sooo cool) it´s just too fast.

The Silvia RM jumps in the place bigtime, but as I said I´ll choose a free spot-car.

€dit: All Deep Forrest Times are without (!!) cutting the Concrete at Turn 4/5.
And If someone wants my setups for any above Cars => just PM me and you´ll get them.

But I tend to say that it also comes down to the driver sometimes ...
 
Some tracks will favor the higher powered cars. Others will favor the better handling cars. If we go to tracks with minimal tight turns and switchbacks, they will be close together. The Alteeza doesn't need to be here, it's SUPER fast. The IS200 is good enough for Toyota to be represented IMO. With 1070kg 350hp in the Silvia, I did 1:22.7 at Motegi. This was a messed up lap. I was a tenth better than the Integra through the 2nd sector, but took the last turn wrong so I lost almost 2 tenths and just about tied the Integra with that 22.7xx. I remember it being .010 exactly behind the Integra Touring. The EVO was the worst. All the others were within a couple tenths of eachother. IIRC testing for VLN I had the Impreza and FTO around 315hp like the other 4wds, and around 1100kg. I was able to run 1:11's at Deep Forest (with concrete). So 1:13's and 14's at these specs (300hp/1100kg) would seem reasonable.
 
Last edited:
Concret cutting only gains tenths not seconds btw.
That was my result of testing (maximum of gainage: 0.3-0.4 seconds).
 
Input: I like the Lexus. Fix the others. :lol:
 
Awesome, awesome, awesome test last night guys ...

The FR cars are nice and equal. We had one Mazda running at 350/1100 and the gap between the fastest driver and the slowest was 0.5 sec in Race Pace. This series is going to put pressure on the drivers and force mistakes, it was proven last night.

Moose, I apologize, because you were given the wrong specs. The Mazda is suppose to be running at 1070kg.

No disrespect Seth, but you could be sand bagging those cars. We know how fast you are. We have the FR's setup at 325/1050, and the Imprezza STC, Altezza and FTO were a good 3-4 sec a lap faster. I'm not insulting you or anything, but they are too quick. Sake is on par with your skills, it's been proven in ITCC, and his best Race Pace time in the Lexus was 1:23.6, I think. BMW proved to be relatively quick, due to its brilliant handling.

But I will agree to further testing of these above mentioned vehicles to see if they can be included.

Mel, you might have managed that with the Lexus, but I know it took a lot to get those times. During race pace the times were between 1:23.6 and 1:24.1. I'll admit that the more you drive the car, the quicker it gets. I gained 1.5 sec between quali for the race and the end of Race 2. We need to talk setup. The Lexus will gain from a good one.

Guys, we have TWO (2) WEEKS before preseason begins. I ask that every registered driver take part in at least ONE Official Test session before then. We can't have half the cars show up and expect to be able to spec the whole field.

Haha, yesterday I ran at 350 hp and 1140kg! Those 70kg off should make things much more even:dopey:
 
Haha, yesterday I ran at 350 hp and 1140kg! Those 70kg off should make things much more even:dopey:

Well you kept to me pretty good in testing, but this should make you a clear contender with AWD advantage ...

I am considering reducing the amount of cars and increasing the driver limit per car ... If we want this series to remain equal we might have to go strictly RWD and scrap the rest ...
 
Last edited:
Thats no fun. Just try the specs I posted. Mix up the tracks and we'll have a variety of winners.
 
You open for testing tonight?
 
Well I'm planning on running tonight so please make it guys ...
 
Probably start sooner ... around 9ish my time ...
 
I could make it at 23:30 pm :D but me think you all are offline at that time :)
 
Kid has dr. appointment today. Not sure when I'll be available.
 
Well surprise is on my side. I come online and see how many of you are in the lounge :D
I truely want to test further things, although I can´t make all races in the season.
 
Cool ... I've PM'd everybody in the series about tonight ... drivers might get dropped due to lack of participation ...
 
I'll be making the races. But I'll have to get back to you on the practice. It'll be 11 AM my time.
 
That's cool Seth ... no sweat ...
 
The chance that I'll be able to make it is extremely limited, sorry. I'm working at that time...

Unfortunately this is the busiest summer I've ever had; Sunday is literally my only open day :|

Sorry guys. But I will be able to make it to races :\
 
The chance that I'll be able to make it is extremely limited, sorry. I'm working at that time...

Unfortunately this is the busiest summer I've ever had; Sunday is literally my only open day :|

Sorry guys. But I will be able to make it to races :\

No sweat Cole ... it's just a test session ...
 
Thanks, with any luck the time I meet you guys will be one I get to use my precious FTO xD
 
Testing is currently underway in my lounge ... please join us ...
 
Well another awesome test session last night ... Seth, you proved me wrong with the Scoob mate, thanks ...

Subaru's settings are currently running at 300hp/1120kg ... PP is a bit high compared to others, but the Silvia can hold its own against the Scoob ... proven last night ...

After some fine tuning with the Lexus, I got to admit, the car is awesome ... quick through the corners and I finally got the tail to stop pulling ahead of the nose ... :lol: ... I won't give away much but I will say that she is running heavier than the weight limit ...

Two cars showed to be worthy contenders for this series, Honda INTEGRA TYPE R Touring Car and Honda CR-Z TC ... but we'll run further tests ...

Testing is showing that this series is going to be a close and hotly contested one ... cars are proving so close and equal now, that one mistake costs you the race ... ask me I know ... :lol:


Thanks, with any luck the time I meet you guys will be one I get to use my precious FTO xD

Cole we were going to test the FTO last night, but something came up, so it's still on hold for now ...
 
... cars are proving so close and equal now, that one mistake costs you the race ...

As I was saying, "the fly flew right in front of me! I thought it was trying to land on my nose!" Then, I ended up in that bloody sandtrap, twice. :scared: I will find you, fly! You cost me the race against the other German, the incredibly funny one. :lol:


In seriousness, it was great racing against everyone. I am sorry to Polar, for the bump down at the International curve, but I was adjusting to new LSD settings, and they are great; until you slightly understeer into the door of the Silvia, as it seems, that the Silvia's quite easy to spin. :ouch: I thought "I'm at my throttle point, I can make this pass." and heard "thump."



Wir hatten 'nen Crash, und hab' auf ihn gewartet. Er hat aber "g2g" gesagt.

Translated:
We had a crash, and I waited for him. But, he said "g2g."

Sakery found a little problem with the OLRs... Most people don't expect, that the guy they're waiting for, will just leave the race, but, :lol: it happened, to poor Sakery. :ouch: Any plans on how we can tell people in advance, that you "g2g" Seth?


I too, had a problem, where, after spinning Polar, I pulled over to the side of the track, and braked. Sakery and Nizmo were behind me, and both bumped me, too. :indiff: :guilty: Sorry guys. Is there a chance of clarifying, where/how to make contact concessions, during battles that are this close?
 
Back