Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,181 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
Ally and I are the "Nissan Ninjas" running all black livery

LOL
 
Just watch your mirrors for my black Subaru. Unless the FTO gets brought in.
 
Quick question. Are we running with success ballast this season?

Also, i dont quite understand the qualifying procedure. We have 3 laps to determine our starting position in sprint race right? So is the result of this race reversed for the feature race?
No success ballast this season. 3 laps = out/flying/in laps. 1 Flying lap to set your time. Yes, reverse grid for Feature Race that is determined by your finishing order in Sprint Race.

still interested in this series. i believe in clean driving so keep me posted on if there is a chance i could be included.
If you can be there on Sunday, then chose a car and prove yourself in the race.

Ally and I are the "Nissan Ninjas" running all black livery
:lol: The grid has got a "Rainbow Nation"

Just watch your mirrors for my black Subaru. Unless the FTO gets brought in.
No FTO ... maybe include it for Season, and other cars
 
Opening Round head count ...

1. NizmoDr3 - Team Lexus Mobil1 Racing
2. Melons - Team Lexus Mobil1 Racing
3. OneManRiot - Nissan Ninjas
4. Driver 101 - Nissan Ninjas
5. freshseth83 - Subaru
6. Sakery - Mitsubishi
7. socalspeedfreak - ???
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
 
No FTO ... maybe include it for Season, and other cars
I don't understand what you're saying. I'd rather drive the FTO than the Subaru TBH. Are you saying you're willing to spec it (I thought I already did) or are you thinking it's too fast (it's actually slightly slower than the Subaru)?
 
I don't understand what you're saying. I'd rather drive the FTO than the Subaru TBH. Are you saying you're willing to spec it (I thought I already did) or are you thinking it's too fast (it's actually slightly slower than the Subaru)?

If I may say anything, the Subaru fits better, because it's more of a 4 door car, than the FTO. The bodystyle fits better.
 
The BMW is 2 door. The Integra is 2 door. The S15 is two door.

The 4 doors are the Evo, Subaru and the Lexus. Tied 3 to 3. So I don't see how it's any type of a 'better fit'.
 
I don't understand what you're saying. I'd rather drive the FTO than the Subaru TBH. Are you saying you're willing to spec it (I thought I already did) or are you thinking it's too fast (it's actually slightly slower than the Subaru)?

I'm willing to consider it for Season (if there even is a Season 2 :lol:) ... right now we already have a Mitsubishi in the series, the Evo ... if the Evo doesn't cut it this season, then we COULD look at replacing it with the FTO next season ...

The BMW is 2 door.

The BMW is actually a 4 door E46 sedan based on Super 2000 regs in the ETCC ...
 
Niz are you getting my pm?
 
Hey bud, if you have a reserve driver in the list, you can give them my spot for the first round until further notice,
 
The Scooby is way too fast. It has 20 more front Downforce (and probably rear too) than my EVO and 15 more than the rest of the Cars

At Suzuka I was running high 2:08s and them Scoobies where running 2:07s (mid I think) and they weigh 40kg more and had 60bhp lower power (seth had actually 290bhp).
Soo why she still not banned ??
Altezza was waaaaaay to fast and got correctly banned but the Subaru is in a league of it´s own too so ?

If it stays I´m cool but it´s just a finding from my tests (faster and better to Tires than the others).
 
I had 310hp like the Shoe guy was running. I cut it back to 300hp for Tokyo R246. About the 2 door 4 door, the doors are welded shut aren't they? So it's basically 2 doors. Look at the IS, it has overfenders beginning where the rear doors were. No door handles either.

One more thing, if the Subaru is too fast, what's the Silvia then? It was even faster!
 
Last edited:
Anybody up for our last Pre-Season Test before our Season Opener on Sunday? ... usual time 21:00 GMT+2 ...
 
I am always keen for a little practice.
 
Last pre-season test in 35 min in my lounge ... all welcome
 
Morning Nizmo....thanks for the racing last night.

Regarding the sprint race:

Will tire wear be on or off?

Regarding feature race:

Can we stop more than once?
 
Morning Nizmo....thanks for the racing last night.

Regarding the sprint race:

Will tire wear be on or off?

Regarding feature race:

Can we stop more than once?

Howzit D,

Sprint race tyre/fuel wear will be off ... that race will come down to driver skill ...

The feature race however will be more about strategy than anything else ... I've been thinking since last night what my strategy should be and how many stops I should make, because of the 2 sec a lap loss the Lexus has on Hards ...

Work out your strategy and pit as many times as you like, as long as you use BOTH compounds at least once ...
 
Awesome......thanks.
 
Howzit D,

Sprint race tyre/fuel wear will be off ... that race will come down to driver skill ...

I see this, and, surprisingly, I think "I should turn ABS off for the endurance/feature race, like normal, and turn ABS on for the sprint."


I'm not entirely sure if you know what I mean, Nizmo, but, as your teammate, I'd like you to PM me, if you don't understand my "idea." Thanks for reading this lunacy. :)
 
I actually can't wait to get the season started ... I feel like a little kid waiting anxiously for Christmas Day ... :lol:
 
I actually can't wait to get the season started ... I feel like a little kid waiting anxiously for Christmas Day ... :lol:

Two days, right? Like, Friday and Saturday have to pass, before Sunday, right?
 
:lol: ... shot .... were you surprised with my brake setup? Didn't sound like you could believe it ... :lol:
 
:lol: ... shot .... were you surprised with my brake setup? Didn't sound like you could believe it ... :lol:

:ouch: :scared: :nervous: :sick: :indiff: :guilty: :grumpy: :yuck: 👎



Why would you mention that? What is this talk about brake pressures?


I'm sticking with my strategy. I certainly might not stick with it, over the longest course, and might just run 0 ABS from the start 'til the finish of the season, but, I'll see how it plays out.
 
Ye you're right ... me running without ABS hasn't been helping me out in these test sessions ... :sly: ... hopefully I can pull something out of my hat for the season opener ...
 
Ye you're right ... me running without ABS hasn't been helping me out in these test sessions ... :sly: ... hopefully I can pull something out of my hat for the season opener ...

I can do my best. That's my goal. :)
 
Back