Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,182 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, that's his name. Sorry I didn't remember it exactly, just knew it was the S15.
 
I could only get 7/8 laps on Soft's, but I lost 2 sec a lap on hards ... obviously I had to find a way around it ... both Nissans were fine for me, but I saw some lag from an Evo ... nothing major ...
 
Wow I wish I could have made it. I was getting some fairly competitive times with the bimmer in the test session I attended.
 
Wow I wish I could have made it. I was getting some fairly competitive times with the bimmer in the test session I attended.

We'll see you on track soon C ... hopefully
 
We'll see you on track soon C ... hopefully

Yea I think that I will work Sunday morning next week 👍 I will ask the boss man if I can. :nervous:
 
I was running 8 laps on hards, at first, but, Seth was gone, so I thought that he didn't even use hards, and switched. Then, on the last lap, when I was in a comfortable third, the tires just went completely kaputt in the rears.


Seth, if you cause another argument, you're out of ITCC. I'm not arguing with you. Not in ITCC, not in Bankfin, not in Rolex, not in Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge. You need to stop picking fights with people. I feel sorry for Sak. He doesn't know you, well enough to know not to stand up for himself. Sakery's a good guy, and you're not going to chase him away from racing with us, just because you like arguing. Stop it.
 
So lets make this clear... You can start the feature race with any tire compound you choose, do any amount of lap as long as you pit for the other compound? How about a lap minimum so it's closer together?
 
I was running 8 laps on hards, at first, but, Seth was gone, so I thought that he didn't even use hards, and switched. Then, on the last lap, when I was in a comfortable third, the tires just went completely kaputt in the rears.


Seth, if you cause another argument, you're out of ITCC. I'm not arguing with you. Not in ITCC, not in Bankfin, not in Rolex, not in Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge. You need to stop picking fights with people. I feel sorry for Sak. He doesn't know you, well enough to know not to stand up for himself. Sakery's a good guy, and you're not going to chase him away from racing with us, just because you like arguing. Stop it.

Please, guy. Just stop it with these threats and remarks to me. Sak and I were having a conversation. We weren't 'arguing' like you thought. He said something about his car, and I said something about mine. That's not an argument. He brought up the d/f levels, and I said it slows you down on the straights and top speed. But his 4wd even though not as good around corners, was better out of them because he had more power.

Also, I don't really care for your attitude towards me and your sly messages saying the Subaru is OP. Don't be mad, if its cys you lost, I didn't come first place either. Yet, I don't see you saying anything about the S15 that won by almost 30 seconds! If anyone causes arguments it's you butting in other people's conversations like you know what's going on. You're acting like you're a boss over everyone and no one can hold a conversation without it being an argument. I'm not trying to fight with you, so leave it and me be guy. BTW I wouldn't miss your ITCC, it's not like it's bustling with activity tbh.
 
So lets make this clear... You can start the feature race with any tire compound you choose, do any amount of lap as long as you pit for the other compound? How about a lap minimum so it's closer together?

How about not ... any one could've pitted 4 times if they wanted to ... I'm not going to take away freedom of choice just because you got caught unaware ... Myself, Mel, Ally and Sk8 were pretty close together in the sprint, so the cars are even ... If I didn't get taken out at the start of the Feature, the mid field would have been closer ...
 
There was an argument in the room, and even though I asked you guys to stop, it fell on deaf ears ... but this is not the first time you have had an argument with someone in this week alone ...
 
Please, guy. Just stop it with these threats and remarks to me. Sak and I were having a conversation. We weren't 'arguing' like you thought. He said something about his car, and I said something about mine. That's not an argument. He brought up the d/f levels, and I said it slows you down on the straights and top speed. But his 4wd even though not as good around corners, was better out of them because he had more power.

Also, I don't really care for your attitude towards me and your sly messages saying the Subaru is OP. Don't be mad, if its cys you lost, I didn't come first place either. Yet, I don't see you saying anything about the S15 that won by almost 30 seconds! If anyone causes arguments it's you butting in other people's conversations like you know what's going on. You're acting like you're a boss over everyone and no one can hold a conversation without it being an argument. I'm not trying to fight with you, so leave it and me be guy. BTW I wouldn't miss your ITCC, it's not like it's bustling with activity tbh.

Does this not constitute as an argument now? :scared: Gah, you really like arguing. This isn't the place. If you want arguments, go to the White House. Then, you can argue about stuff that matters to you. :grumpy: Until then, how about another "time-out" with the argumentative posting, which has put the ITCC back on-track? No penalties, no repercussions, necessarily, but take your time, and consider how what you say will make others feel.
 
How about not ... any one could've pitted 4 times if they wanted to ... I'm not going to take away freedom of choice just because you got caught unaware ... Myself, Mel, Ally and Sk8 were pretty close together in the sprint, so the cars are even ... If I didn't get taken out at the start of the Feature, the mid field would have been closer ...

I said a lap minimum on tires, so that way people don't start the race on hards and pit after lap 1. What's this "how about not" about? :ouch:
There was an argument in the room, and even though I asked you guys to stop, it fell on deaf ears ... but this is not the first time you have had an argument with someone in this week alone ...
I just said we weren't arguing. Now you're saying we were? I give up...
The internet is a strange place, hard to get the 'feeling' of the conversation across.
 
Last edited:
Does this not constitute as an argument now? :scared: Gah, you really like arguing. This isn't the place. If you want arguments, go to the White House. Then, you can argue about stuff that matters to you. :grumpy: Until then, how about another "time-out" with the argumentative posting, which has put the ITCC back on-track? No penalties, no repercussions, necessarily, but take your time, and consider how what you say will make others feel.

You should take a page from your own book on that last matter. Don't say things to people about their car being over powered when I had 300hp. That's the least power! lol. You pick me out of the group to focus on. I was the only one running a Subaru. So you're talking about me, correct? Mel, "Take your time, and consider how what you say will make others feel." :)
 
I said a lap minimum on tires, so that way people don't start the race on hards and pit after lap 1. What's this "how about not" about? :ouch:

Why should I limit the laps per tyres just because you got out foxed by strategy?

You keep complaining that the S15 is too fast ... yes he won by 30 sec, but he worked on his strategy ... I didn't see you drop back in the Sprint with Sake and Driver ... you lost ... so what ... move on ...
 
Well, tbf I was a second faster in the S15 than the Subaru, BUT that car was taken so I choose the next fastest car available. I wasn't 'outfoxed'. I was under the assumption it was a one-stop race with using hards and softs once. I didn't notice until people made another pit stop that this wasn't the case. I donno why you're getting on me about 'moving on'. What is this? I didn't complain "S15 overpowered", at the end did I? I didn't realize we could make more than one stop. It's as simple as that! So next race I'll start on hards and go a few laps, then use softs the rest of the race. Simple, not complaining, just ASKING what the rules are, since it's not clear in the OP. I was going by the conversations weve had in this thread. It seemed we were to use each compound once. That's how I took it. Now I know better! No reason to argue about it. lol
 
So next race I'll start on hards and go a few laps, then use softs the rest of the race.

So after stating that this series is a joke and that you won't continue it, you changing your mind? Maybe it's best that you don't continue in this series ... ;)
 
lol, I said that race was a joke. And yes I read the 2nd and 3rd posts.

EDIT: the first page and the race information post just says MANDATORY PIT, hards and softs are the tires. I already said I confused myself and thought it was just ONE stop with both tires to be used.
 
Last edited:
freshseth83
I said a lap minimum on tires, so that way people don't start the race on hards and pit after lap 1. What's this "how about not" about? :ouch:

I just said we weren't arguing. Now you're saying we were? I give up...
The internet is a strange place, hard to get the 'feeling' of the conversation across.

You've made the point about min lap per tyre. Care to explain mate. Just want to know why you feel this way. Also pitting first lap for softs is the wrong way to go about it since you lose the pit time.

freshseth83
lol, I said that race was a joke. And yes I read the 2nd and 3rd posts.

EDIT: the first page and the race information post just says MANDATORY PIT, hards and softs are the tires. I already said I confused myself and thought it was just ONE stop with both tires to be used.

Mate. It says mandatory pit. Doesnt say anywhere about how many times you have to because it is not needed. When doing maths do you always put a positive sign in front of positive numbers? No you dont because its obvious and its assumed....sorry to hear that your strategy didnt work out mate...
 
Why are we still going on about it? I said it was my bad, no need to continue that discussion! I should have read it again (I didn't before I went to the room today). About the minimum lap thing, it was a suggestion that we have a minimum usage of the 'slower' tire. The races aren't that long, so you could go 2 laps on HARDS, pit and take softs, pit again and take softs and save so much time by not using the slow tire. Like with this race, if I would have started on HARDS, I could just go the 1st pace lap, then another lap, pit and take softs for the rest of the race while people are on hard tires. You won't lose that much time by pitting because you're still close to the pack when you make your stop. And softs last at least 8 or 9 laps at any of the tracks on the schedule. I didn't say we HAD to do that, I was just suggesting it. ;)
 
Why are we still going on about it? I said it was my bad, no need to continue that discussion! I should have read it again (I didn't before I went to the room today). About the minimum lap thing, it was a suggestion that we have a minimum usage of the 'slower' tire. The races aren't that long, so you could go 2 laps on HARDS, pit and take softs, pit again and take softs and save so much time by not using the slow tire. Like with this race, if I would have started on HARDS, I could just go the 1st pace lap, then another lap, pit and take softs for the rest of the race while people are on hard tires. You won't lose that much time by pitting because you're still close to the pack when you make your stop. And softs last at least 8 or 9 laps at any of the tracks on the schedule. I didn't say we HAD to do that, I was just suggesting it. ;)

Mine lasted 6. :( So, your AWD claims "I'm AWD, my car gets worse tire wear" are wrong.

Following that logic, if I had pitted on lap 3, I would have had to pit: lap 3, lap 8, lap 13, and lap 19, since I was unable to complete a stint of 6 laps, and my tires died halfway through the 6th lap. It's not a valid strategy. No one will win using that strategy. It barely worked for Johnny in ITCC, and hasn't yet worked for anyone BUT Johnny, that I'm aware of. It WILL NOT work in Bankfin, unless you're faster and get three lap longer stints. :yuck:
 
freshseth83
Why are we still going on about it? I said it was my bad, no need to continue that discussion! I should have read it again (I didn't before I went to the room today). About the minimum lap thing, it was a suggestion that we have a minimum usage of the 'slower' tire. The races aren't that long, so you could go 2 laps on HARDS, pit and take softs, pit again and take softs and save so much time by not using the slow tire. Like with this race, if I would have started on HARDS, I could just go the 1st pace lap, then another lap, pit and take softs for the rest of the race while people are on hard tires. You won't lose that much time by pitting because you're still close to the pack when you make your stop. And softs last at least 8 or 9 laps at any of the tracks on the schedule. I didn't say we HAD to do that, I was just suggesting it. ;)

Let me tell you mate that this is the worst possible strategy. Anyone would know that best strategy is start on softs and stay above the hards time then pit when you go 2 secs below hards time.
 
Let me tell you mate that this is the worst possible strategy. Anyone would know that best strategy is start on softs and stay above the hards time then pit when you go 2 secs below hards time.

I was in a comfortable third, but, I made a strategy mistake. I finished last. That's a pretty big "oops," not like Seth, complaining about 2nd place.
 
Mine lasted 6. :( So, your AWD claims "I'm AWD, my car gets worse tire wear" are wrong.

Following that logic, if I had pitted on lap 3, I would have had to pit: lap 3, lap 8, lap 13, and lap 19, since I was unable to complete a stint of 6 laps, and my tires died halfway through the 6th lap. It's not a valid strategy. No one will win using that strategy. It barely worked for Johnny in ITCC, and hasn't yet worked for anyone BUT Johnny, that I'm aware of. It WILL NOT work in Bankfin, unless you're faster and get three lap longer stints. :yuck:
That's weird, I got 8 laps in the Lexus when I was testing it @Nurburgring. Don't recall making that claim here either. Did you try what I said and use some ballast to the rear for a better weight distribution? That might help. With 1120kg, the Subaru is heavier, but the weight is distributed better than stock (55/45 to 51/49).

Let me tell you mate that this is the worst possible strategy. Anyone would know that best strategy is start on softs and stay above the hards time then pit when you go 2 secs below hards time.
lol, maybe to you it sounds like a bad strategy, but it would work. It has worked before. All you have to do is make sure the faster tires last long enough.
I was in a comfortable third, but, I made a strategy mistake. I finished last. That's a pretty big "oops," not like Seth, complaining about 2nd place.

I never complained about 2nd place either, don't know where you got that from.
 
Well, if anyone listened to me about the cars, things would be closer. I thought we only were to make one stop, that's what I had planned, but then everyone uses softs twice in a row, then takes hards for 6 laps? That's a cop out IMO.

We should make it more clear that pit stops are open. And what tires to allow someone to use/start with. There was a lot of lag, I couldn't get past one of the S15s because of it. It was sad that every time I tried to go around, his car would jump back and forth. In the braking zones it'd do the same thing. I would brake early and still he'd end up on my front bumper. It's insane trying to race like that when you're not sure how close you can get your car.

You're forgetful. I don't mind. I'll refresh your memory.
 
freshseth83
lol, maybe to you it sounds like a bad strategy, but it would work. It has worked before. All you have to do is make sure the faster tires last long enough.

It may have worked before but it sure as hell wont work here. Especially when racing drivers like sake
 
We should make it more clear that pit stops are open. And what tires to allow someone to use/start with. There was a lot of lag, I couldn't get past one of the S15s because of it. It was sad that every time I tried to go around, his car would jump back and forth. In the braking zones it'd do the same thing. I would brake early and still he'd end up on my front bumper. It's insane trying to race like that when you're not sure how close you can get your car.


Show me where it says I'm mad at being 2nd place. You can't, you're wrong.
 
Yes, because I didn't complain about it. My post was saying it was sad about the lag. Not where I placed.
 
Yes, because I didn't complain about it. My post was saying it was sad about the lag. Not where I placed.

Interchangeably, you did complain, and this even after I asked you to take a break and cool down.
 
Back