Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,183 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
Shall I make a season`s end blooper video, when that time finally comes? :lol: I want to showcase my incredible stunt driving!

I actually would like a post race recap video for each round ... but I got no clue on how to do that ... :nervous:

We currently have 13 Drivers and 2 Reserves ... if you guys know of anybody that would like to participate, then let me know ...
 
I actually would like a post race recap video for each round ... but I got no clue on how to do that ... :nervous:

We currently have 13 Drivers and 2 Reserves ... if you guys know of anybody that would like to participate, then let me know ...

I'll see what I can do. :) ;)


As for the video recap, is what I did for ITCC too poor quality?
 
Speaking of videos, are my 3 wide overtaking moves from deep forest going to be in the video for itcc?
 
Busy with points update ... BMW's, Subaru's, Evo's and Mazda's ... any team names?
 
NizmoDr3
Busy with points update ... BMW's, Subaru's, Evo's and Mazda's ... any team names?

I'll let you know. But for the time being keep it as BMW team

Also for the formation lap we could do staggered start. This is what we do in this other series im in and it works fine.

This is how its done
48c26a84.jpg
 
Last edited:
Last time I did a staggered start I..... Lol I was leaving the pub, we would have to practice it a few times,
 
TDZdave
Last time I did a staggered start I..... Lol I was leaving the pub, we would have to practice it a few times,

The way they do it in GTRRL Super GT is when the leader crosses the line thats when everyone starts race. Theoretically noone can overtake going into first corner. And well noone did overtake in the most recent race that happened. We do multi class racing and well if everyone knows what they're doing then its great. It adds to the realism....
 
I'll let you know. But for the time being keep it as BMW team

Also for the formation lap we could do staggered start. This is what we do in this other series im in and it works fine.

This is how its done
48c26a84.jpg

The starts in testing has gone brilliantly ... the only reason the Feature start didn't go so well, is because not everyone who was there last night, has been to the test sessions ... but thanks kk, I will take it under advisement ...

One a good note ... the Drivers & Manufacturers table are up on the OP ...

Congratulations to Driver101 and Nissan Ninjas, our current leaders ...
 
NizmoDr3
The starts in testing has gone brilliantly ... the only reason the Feature start didn't go so well, is because not everyone who was there last night, has been to the test sessions ... but thanks kk, I will take it under advisement ...

One a good note ... the Drivers & Manufacturers table are up on the OP ...

Congratulations to Driver101 and Nissan Ninjas, our current leaders ...

Oooh right ok.

I gave a suggestion and thats all it was. Unlike others I wont start an arguement about it. :P
 
I'm for all working produce, lol, if we can tial it and get it to work I'm for it,
 
Oooh right ok.

I gave a suggestion and thats all it was. Unlike others I wont start an arguement about it. :P

:lol: ... I'm sure everyone has had enough of arguments hey ... but we'll try it out at the next round ...

I'M CHANGING TO ROLLING STARTS FOR BOTH RACES ...
 
NizmoDr3
:lol: ... I'm sure everyone has had enough of arguments hey ... but we'll try it out at the next round ...

I'M CHANGING TO ROLLING STARTS FOR BOTH RACES ...

Haha yeah. You are never too far away from an arguement in this thread. :lol: :P
 
Haha yeah. You are never too far away from an arguement in this thread. :lol: :P

Hopefully not anymore ... ;)

I've had enough of the bickering on this thread so I ask that if anyone has a problem with someone, then please PM them directly to sort it out. If you guys can't sort it out on your own, then feel free to contact me ... we don't need things to get out of hand on the thread any longer ... it only discourages potential drivers from joining this series ....
 
Ah screw it. I'm a start an arguement with you niz, um... Pick a subject lol.... Nah I'm going to have to keep my "debating" skills for wednesday when the telco turns up,
 
TDZdave
Ah screw it. I'm a start an arguement with you niz, um... Pick a subject lol.... Nah I'm going to have to keep my "debating" skills for wednesday when the telco turns up,

Haha lol. Your my teammie right? Are you available for the next race?
 
If all goes well wednesday then yes I will be, I just recently moved house and the new place doesn't have a phone connection hopefully to be installed wednesday,
 
Sprint was superb. Rough, fair racing till end 👍
Thats how I like them races.
Thanks to Driver and Seth for this.
My start was kinda edgy ?? Maybe my reactions where so good but me could think I jumped it
=> please look at this !!

Race2:
Was late plus I got brake-smashed which was the Cherry on top of the pie (pie = late).
So had to leave.
Start was ok went to the right to cover my insideline. Seth stayed behind me instead of displacing to the left => when I had to brake for T1 he couldn´t avoid a crash
=> he sent me into Nizmo.


Arguing/conversation before Feature:
Sorry for that but Seth and me are a bit stubborn.
He can do 2:02´s (high ones .7-.9) in clean air !
Me in clean air with EVO: 2:03.2-4 !

=> Why does he say he´s slow ?? Try to run 02´s with the EVO before crying the Scooby is too slow.

I could do 2:02s with draft and only with it !

So it was just the normal pace-downgrade which fighting and trying to pass cause.
Except for one thing:
The Silvia.
I drove her with 325bhp and 1100kg at Motegi and Me and Mel where haveing a superb battle. But Driver is extremly fast => maybe it´s him
 
Agreed sake, another example would be evo7 and johnnypenso at itcc events,
 
Ah screw it. I'm a start an arguement with you niz, um... Pick a subject lol.... Nah I'm going to have to keep my "debating" skills for wednesday when the telco turns up,

OK ... I'll start about the sheep and you can tackle the Springboks ... :lol:

@Sake ... Agreed, but we can't punish Ally because D is fast ... maybe a success ballast is an idea ... who knows ... but JP proved before that some drivers have all the luck and are able to drive flawlessly ...
 
Success ballast is NOT the way to go, when I return I don't want to race someone with a car under different regs, you beat people fair and square, its a hollow victory when you beat fat people to KFC or mcdonalds lol,
Perhaps say something like they must do the first 6 laps of the next race on hard tires or something, with this series having such long races people winning by lots is going to happen,
 
Agreed sake, another example would be evo7 and johnnypenso at itcc events,

JP left, and evo7 (LOL) is driving a Subaru for Jormo, while you sort out your internet. He doesn't win every race. NO ONE wins every race in ITCC. It's too hard to battle for position in such short, crazy races. Every position is a godsend.
 
How about not ... any one could've pitted 4 times if they wanted to ... I'm not going to take away freedom of choice just because you got caught unaware ... Myself, Mel, Ally and Sk8 were pretty close together in the sprint, so the cars are even ... If I didn't get taken out at the start of the Feature, the mid field would have been closer ...

I was also slightly ran off of the track, but only lost about 3 seconds
 
Speaking of which, wow, I got AIRBORNE by a good margin, when I got a bit loose after the Michael Schumacher S-Kurve, and bounced over the kerb. Thumbs up to anyone who saw me overcorrect, and knew that I had overcorrected.



And, if anyone has any complaints, or issues with my passes to come back from 8th to 4th, please tell another steward. I tried to race as cleanly as possible, but the closing speeds are very slow, and the passes were long and drawn out battles today.

Lol about the overcorrected after about 14 laps in the feature all alone I got 2 wheels into the sand on the highspeed S curve. :scared:
 
Lol about the overcorrected after about 14 laps in the feature all alone I got 2 wheels into the sand on the highspeed S curve. :scared:

The worst place to put a tire wrong, is also the hardest corner on the track. The Nürburgring GP/F circuit is quite challenging, in that regard.


In the feature, at the VERY end, though, my tires went completely kaputt.
You passed me, so, it didn't cost you too badly. I'm disappointed with my last place, but, I couldn't make the tires last until the end.
 
What you not convinced about regarding the feature race Nizmo?

I do however think that the sprint race must have a rolling start or standing start( contolled by the game) just my two cents...

Also when we do qualifing runs the game automatically puts us in order unless we leave the room. O_O and its a good start. :D
 
Also when we do qualifing runs the game automatically puts us in order unless we leave the room. O_O and its a good start. :D

It's not always accurate. We like starting in our accurate positions. Sometimes, though, (even in real life) Timing and Scoring makes mistakes. Like, when someone walks through the darn laser, during your run in Autocross, and adds 28 seconds to your time, because the laser says "OMG, something just went between the laser and the infrared sensor! Start the clock!"


Anyways, barring stupid things that happened when I was autocrossing, I think I've gotten my point across.
 
I'll let you know. But for the time being keep it as BMW team

Also for the formation lap we could do staggered start. This is what we do in this other series im in and it works fine.

This is how its done
48c26a84.jpg

I think a single file rolling start would work better as it is less complicated and there might be come interesting results from different cars
 
I think a single file rolling start would work better as it is less complicated and there might be come interesting results from different cars

It could work. Anyways, I'm working on a full chapter of my W.M.A. Driver's Handbook, giving tips about "Surviving Race Starts."


This will go into detail about what you should and should not do.
 
Hi mel. :D I was trying to catch up... didn't see you there. :D
 
Back