Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,199 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
So whats a good lap time to aim for, meaning, what is the Scooby capable of?
 
So whats a good lap time to aim for, meaning, what is the Scooby capable of?

scooby best lap 1.12.2 no concrete 1.11.1 with @350bhp 1070kg

1.12.7 @ 300bhp 1120kg no concrete
 
bronzosback
scooby best lap 1.12.2 no concrete 1.11.1 with @350bhp 1070kg

1.12.7 @ 300bhp 1120kg no concrete

I used 300bhp and 1120kg. Managed a low 1.13 in first couple laps. No concrete was used.
 
guys btw dont take my times to seriously, i am fast on deep forest in any car.
my best lap in a 500pp road car is 1.11.9.
 
scooby best lap 1.12.2 no concrete 1.11.1 with @350bhp 1070kg

1.12.7 @ 300bhp 1120kg no concrete

lol and me and Optimooses fastest was 1:16. O_O he was in the atenza by the way, and i saw no specific advantage or disadvantage between the two, except one get a better standing start...
 
sk8er913
lol and me and Optimooses fastest was 1:16. O_O he was in the atenza by the way, and i saw no specific advantage or disadvantage between the two, except one get a better standing start...

4WD advantage....
 
4WD advantage....

They're both 4WD... and I don't think I'm going to be near the front... under more testing I've discovered many terrible parts of the car on this track.
 
sk8er913
They're both 4WD... and I don't think I'm going to be near the front... under more testing I've discovered many terrible parts of the car on this track.

Ooooh really? Never knew that. :dunce:
 
Ooooh really? Never knew that. :dunce:

It's a torque advantage, but Bonzo is 3 seconds per lap faster than me and Im 1 second faster than Optimoose in the Atenza
 
sk8er913
It's a torque advantage, but Bonzo is 3 seconds per lap faster than me and Im 1 second faster than Optimoose in the Atenza

The atenza? As in the mazda? Yeesh. 65 35 weight distribution. You'll need balls of steel to drive that lard of sh.t....:lol:
 
They're both 4WD... and I don't think I'm going to be near the front... under more testing I've discovered many terrible parts of the car on this track.

If you're consistent, that will help a lot. We both suffered from a decent amount of understeer. The reason you had me off the line was because of our different gearing:D I had more top end power. It all works out.
 
If you're consistent, that will help a lot. We both suffered from a decent amount of understeer. The reason you had me off the line was because of our different gearing:D I had more top end power. It all works out.

Plus, the corners here are less difficult in the Lexus. While Deep Forest is harder for some other cars, the Lexus, I think, likes it here.
 
Plus, the corners here are less difficult in the Lexus. While Deep Forest is harder for some other cars, the Lexus, I think, likes it here.

The Mazda and its 65/35 is good for about 3.5 laps on softs and the tires are like 90% still there but the handles just leaves... like my first 2 laps are like a 1:15.7ish then 3rd 1:16.3ish. 4th I haven't even finished without crashing but I'm estimating a high 1:16 or low 1:17 where it'll hopefully stay until I have to pit.
 
If you're consistent, that will help a lot. We both suffered from a decent amount of understeer. The reason you had me off the line was because of our different gearing:D I had more top end power. It all works out.

I fixed the under steer problem, temporarily, but during the 4th lap it gets super under steer and goes right off the track... :P each of the 4 times i drove it id get major understeer on lap 3/4 and crash. :P
 
Nismo there's a guy on PSN his name is DraGun_26 and he wants to drive the Integra... was just in his room tuning together and i raced him, hes a good and fair driver, never bumped me.
 
Last edited:
Sk8 ... let him add me ... I'll accept when I get home ...

Good news boys and girls, tyres are about to be announced ... Skillful strategy is going to play its hand in the Forest ... Best I hit in the Lexus was 1:15:xxx ... on RM's :crazy: ...
Lexus does feel strong strong here ...

EDIT: Pre-Race is announced. Unfortunately there are no pictures this time, but we shouldall know what is for what.
 
Last edited:
No softs for DF, I love the anticipation for the tire regs, well done Niz.

Oh, Niz just another question, somewhere you mentioned that both races will be a rolling start from now on, does this still apply, or are we following Race 1's start prcedures?

Also....will tire wear be on for the sprint race?

Thanks
 
My bad D, rolling start both rounds ... I've changed it now ...

For all of you that don't know the rolling start procedure, here is a reminder ...

All cars run the formation lap in single file around the entire course at 100kph. After the last corner of the course the drivers will split into a double file towards the S/F line. The leaders will call the race once they reached the S/F line. All drivers to keep in their positions in single file form until after the last corner. If any body is caught jump starting in the race or replay, an investigation will ensue and they will be penalized/warned.

I WANT THE LEADERS TO KEEP THE FIELD BUNCHED UP AT ALL TIMES. I'VE SEEN IT TO MANY TIMES WHERE THE LEADERS RUN AWAY AND JUMP THE START. YOU WILL BE PENALIZED IF YOU JUMP THE START.
 
NizmoDr3
My bad D, rolling start both rounds ... I've changed it now ...

For all of you that don't know the rolling start procedure, here is a reminder ...

All cars run the formation lap in single file around the entire course at 100kph. After the last corner of the course the drivers will split into a double file towards the S/F line. The leaders will call the race once they reached the S/F line. All drivers to keep in their positions in single file form until after the last corner. If any body is caught jump starting in the race or replay, an investigation will ensue and they will be penalized/warned.

So we doing double filed? Sweet. Staggered start right?
48c26a84.jpg


This is the way the GTRRL series and the PURE series do it....If staggered start is performed properly then there should be no overtakes into turn 1 which is great. The reason being everyone is drafting each other apart from pole sitter but he is on inside....
 
So we doing double filed? Sweet. Staggered start right?
48c26a84.jpg


This is the way the GTRRL series and the PURE series do it....If staggered start is performed properly then there should be no overtakes into turn 1 which is great. The reason being everyone is drafting each other apart from pole sitter but he is on inside....

^This^ is the way we should start, but I have to negate the "NO OVERTAKING INTO THE 1ST CORNER" rule ... a race is not won on the first corner, but I do encourage legal and clean overtaking at the start of any race ... hell that's how I take positions in most races, but I ensure that I don't take anyone out ...

The main reason I say this, and anyone who has been at more than one test can vouch for me, the leaders tend to not bunch up the field and always get a 2 - 3 second head start on the S/F line ...
 
Yes, there is an issue on leaders getting ahead on the start.

Also, I assume the scoob is no longer available, and I need to find a new car?
 
Yes, there is an issue on leaders getting ahead on the start.

Also, I assume the scoob is no longer available, and I need to find a new car?

Scooby still available for this season bud ...
 
What is the date of the 2 round ?
 
So both champion in same day Fiat and Touring car ???
 
Sorry OTS for my mistake ... this race is on Sun 19 Aug @ 23:00 your time ...
 
No problem Niz 👍 I just get confuse : dopey:
 
Nizmo, with respect, I covered race starts in the handbook. Could we refer the newer drivers to Chapter 5 of the W.M.A. Driver's Handbook, so that they can read the tips I included? I've included the general rules (No passing before the start/finish line, etc.) To help the newer drivers. Certainly, I wouldn't expect everyone to read it, just the newer or newest drivers.
 
Back