Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,233 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
If everybody could get a link to Chapter 5 then that might help ... right now there is none, so I'm making the rule concerning the starts, based off what I've noticed in the test sessions ...
 
I'm changing the format to each race will be a round ... so that means we will no longer have 10 rounds with 2 heats, but now 20 rounds ...
 
I'm changing the format to each race will be a round ... so that means we will no longer have 10 rounds with 2 heats, but now 20 rounds ...

How many rounds per day?
 
Still 2 rounds per day ... everything will stay the same but from now on, at Nurb for example, it was Round 1 & 2 ... Forest is going to be Rounds 3 & 4 ... so on and so forth ...
 
Um there's 14 registered racers and 2 reserves, how many will be attending this weekend?
 
Put behind my name a HUGE "?".
Will be back on Sunday but I just don´t know when :D
 
I hope you can make it Sake ... I'd like to have a bigger field, than last time, this Sunday
 
NizmoDr3
I hope you can make it Sake ... I'd like to have a bigger field, than last time, this Sunday

I may be able to make. Depends on whether it is eid on sat or sun....
 
I should be able to make it.
 
I will most likely make it... but i may have to skip out on qualifing, If I am unable to make it before qualifying may I start at the rear of the field?
 
Heh, Bankfin/ Wesbank. That takes me back a few years 👍 /offtopic.
 
Back in the 90's this was the highlight of any South Africans race weekend ... damn I miss those times that me and my dad went to Aldo Scribante to watch those cars in action ... I was still young and immature then, so my dad and me would always argue about the who would win, cause I was either a Opel or BMW fan, Shaun Watson-Smith was my driver, and he stuck by his Primeras ... If MSA could introduce this formula again, I would be a very, very happy man ... :D
 
Back in the 90's this was the highlight of any South Africans race weekend.

Sure was ;).

If you want to really go back, Stannic Group N was where it was at: Opel Kadett Superboss vs BMW 325is:



Bankfin was cool though, at least there were more then 2 manufacturers!

.

I think SATCARS (akin to the mid 90's British Touring Cars) were between sandwiched between these series, but it was pretty short lived.

Anyway, apologies for going off topic, I just thought it was nifty you're paying homage to a great era of production car racing 👍
 
Anyway, apologies for going off topic, I just thought it was nifty you're paying homage to a great era of production... 👍

Don't apologize, please. :p I like hearing about the year I was born in. :dunce: 👍 :dopey: :sly:

Notice my edit of your quote; it's no longer specific to the production of cars. It could be more specific to the production of babies now. :lol:
 
If you want to really go back, Stannic Group N was where it was at: Opel Kadett Superboss vs BMW 325is:

I was a bit too young to have the Racing bug bite me yet, but I have heard the stories of the Shadowline's and the Supie's fighting for domination ... Group N produced an all out war, with Opel and BMW continually trying to out do each other ...
 
Last edited:
I live in Cape Town and grew up at Killarney race track, I never missed an event considering my Dad raced, was there for everything, even the Group N nine hour events. It was a classic era of motor sport.
 
Oh how I would love Kyalami to be included into the Gran Turismo franchise ... we are going off topic, but it's good to reminisce sometimes ... :lol:
 
I live in Cape Town and grew up at Killarney race track, I never missed an event considering my Dad raced, was there for everything, even the Group N nine hour events. It was a classic era of motor sport.

It's genetic!! Maybe Driver's father was exposed to "go-fast radiation." I mean, it makes more sense than any OTHER explanation, of how Driver's that much faster than everyone else here.
 
All this talk of south african sport has reminded me of the cricket. smiths wicket already fallen...
 
Is is too late for me to jump ship to join the Nissans as an Independent ... :lol:
 
:lol: ... I gotta admit, the Nissan is a stable and solid car ... but I've got a point to prove with the Lexus :D ...
 
Looking forward to this.

65/4 hahahahaha
 
Anyone up for running some laps tonight ... get my mind off the cricket ... :lol:
 
Mel - You crazy dude......lol

Hey Niz, you can never have too many Ninjas, join us.

Actually, seriously, I think its all game on for Sunday, the Nissan cant match Bonzo's time and feels very sluggish. I am also battling to get good pace on the meduims / hards.

I am gonna be online later doing some testing if anyone's keen.
 
Back