Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,254 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
Quack Quack.......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Duxbury...what a chop. :ouch:
 
Quack Quack.......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Duxbury...what a chop. :ouch:

:lol: I can't remember the old mans name ... been watching the 94 & 95 seasons of the old SATCAR series, and he's been commentating .. but for the life of me I can't remember his name ... :lol:
 
HI Guys,

Thanks very much for the good race last night, I really tried as hard as I could in the Nissan to stay in touch with Bronzo / Scooby combo. I am actually very pleased with two second places, thought I would come in fourth after all the Scoobys.

I experienced a few jumpy screens through out the feature race, think that may have been due to DC's and guys trying to come back in the room, sometimes this adds lag.

Pity for our host Niz, better luck with your connection next time bud.

Congrats Bronzo for a very well driven double, you were flying.

Hey all,
Thanks for a good race everybody.
Well done to driver, for keeping up with the scooby's.
my fastest lap was .5 sec quicker then driver, and he lost by exactly .5 sec per lap. consistent driving i would say. and again well done driver.
Congrats to silver for switching over to a steering wheel a few hours before the race, you did well silver, you will only get better.
cheers
bronzo
 
Thanks Bronz...I am still sweating from it...lol

Niz...it must be Roger McCleery
 
Hey all,
Thanks for a good race everybody.
Well done to driver, for keeping up with the scooby's.
my fastest lap was .5 sec quicker then driver, and he lost by exactly .5 sec per lap. consistent driving i would say. and again well done driver.
Congrats to silver for switching over to a steering wheel a few hours before the race, you did well silver, you will only get better.
cheers
bronzo

Thank you bronzo. Yes the wheel made it very hard but I will stick to it until the end of time. Its great fun. I am gonne miss my fast days on the ds3 LOL. The ramming might make me leave the series!!!!!
 
I've just watched the replay of Round 3, and I gotta say that there was a lot of lag ... I'm not impressed with the quality of the race ... there was too many "lag jumping" incidents ... I got taken out in Turn 1 of the opening lap due to lag ...

I do ask that anyone who knows that they have a bad connection, please see if you can improve it ... I will also turn down the quality of the lounge to try and compensate for the lag problems ...

I will finish my investigation tonight and get the points up tomorrow ...

Lets try and keep things clean guys ... whether this is your first time in an online series or your millionth time, remember that the driver next to, behind or in front of you is there to have a close clean fun battle, his not there for you to use him as a guard rail ... when you are in someones slipstream, keep in mind that you have to brake earlier than normal to compensate for tha extra speed ...

If guys don't trust your driving skills, then they won't want to race you ...
 
If you going to lower your lounge settings then that can increase lag aswell. Then everyone will experience jumping of other drivers... Setting it too high then drivers with weaker connections will suffer.

Think it best to leave it at the standard setting as this is recommeded by GT5 servers
 
Well my recommended setting is Standard as my nat is Type 1 ... that's what we ran last night ...
 
How do you get a Nat type 1 setting?

Arent you using a router?
 
I'm running a Telkom D-Link Wireless N ADSL2+ 3G USB Router (DSL-2750U) ... at least thats what is says on the box ... :lol:
and yes, before you ask, it is hardwired to my PS3 ...
 
No clue what I have. NAT 2. It isn't hardwired. Decent connection for me.
 
NizmoDr3
I'm running a Telkom D-Link Wireless N ADSL2+ 3G USB Router (DSL-2750U) ... at least thats what is says on the box ... :lol:
and yes, before you ask, it is hardwired to my PS3 ...

You have nat1 and still you DC? Wow, good job PD. good job
 
So whats difference between Nat 1 & Nat 2?
 
NizmoDr3
So whats difference between Nat 1 & Nat 2?

Theres nat 1,2,3

1 being the best. I think its all to do with your ping speed. You probably have a good ping speed which is why you're nat 1. You can check your speed by going on

speedtest.net and pingtest.net
 
Well according to pingtest.net, my ping is 48ms and jitter? is 16ms ... my line quality is B* ... I don't have a PC at home, so this test was done via the PS3 browser ...
 
NizmoDr3
Well according to pingtest.net, my ping is 48ms and jitter? is 16ms ... my line quality is B* ... I don't have a PC at home, so this test was done via the PS3 browser ...

B*? i have the same yet im Nat 2 :lol: Your upload speed is probably high. UK have one of the ****est upload speeds compared to other countries.
 
I am putting a Penalty system into place. This will make it into the WMA as well.

First Time Offender - 20 Second "Drive Through" Penalty per offence added to your Total Time at the end of the race.

Second Time Offender - Disqualification from the event, resulting in all points awarded being lost.

Third Time Offender - Suspension for a certian amount of events. Offence severity will determine the period of suspension, 1 Race, 4 Races, etc.

Repeat Offender - Complete removal from the series and an outright ban from the WMA and ALL WMA Sanctioned Events. (I can't ban you from GTP, but I can ban you from the WMA)

I will place this on Bankfin and WMA OP's.

You have been warned people ...
 
Last edited:
Theres nat 1,2,3

1 being the best. I think its all to do with your ping speed. You probably have a good ping speed which is why you're nat 1. You can check your speed by going on

speedtest.net and pingtest.net

Nat1 means its a direct connection
Nat2 means its going through a filter(such as a router)
Nat3 means your connection is not properly functioning

Easy way to get Nat1 during the race plug PS3 in directly to your modem, if you have wireless... too bad. :P

brought to you by: Techman913. :D
 
sk8er913
Nat1 means its a direct connection
Nat2 means its going through a filter(such as a router)
Nat3 means your connection is not properly functioning

Easy way to get Nat1 during the race plug PS3 in directly to your modem, if you have wireless... too bad. :P

brought to you by: Techman913. :D

Oh ok. But my PS3 is wired to my router, and my router is obviously wired to my modem. I guess thats why im nat 2. If it was connected directly to the modem it would be a bit faster right?
 
^^ can you achieve this by plugging direct to your router?
 
Oh ok. But my PS3 is wired to my router, and my router is obviously wired to my modem. I guess thats why im nat 2. If it was connected directly to the modem it would be a bit faster right?

^^ can you achieve this by plugging direct to your router?

Nat1 means that you're directly connected to your Modem, and it only makes my connection(156KB/s) about 4KB/s a second faster but I'm pretty sure it makes your ping faster which would dramatically increase the accuracy of the position of the car in Braking zones and tight spaces. :) just connecting it directly might only make your response time by 0.025 seconds, but If that's on both connections that's 0.05 seconds and that could be the difference between a bump and a spin or no contact and a small tap. O_O
 
I'm usually very strong nat 2, but for some reason I was bumping between nat 2 and nat 3 with great signal, then we got an internet package upgrade, it made everything better, loading was faster, no one complained about any form of lag from me, but I was always nat 3 after that, when I get my net going again I will try the hard line and see if I can get nat 1 or atleast stay nat 2
 
I'm usually very strong nat 2, but for some reason I was bumping between nat 2 and nat 3 with great signal, then we got an internet package upgrade, it made everything better, loading was faster, no one complained about any form of lag from me, but I was always nat 3 after that, when I get my net going again I will try the hard line and see if I can get nat 1 or atleast stay nat 2

Nat3 means that there is a connection error, try skipping the router, maybe your router isn't fully functioning.


If you skip the router it will automatically be Nat1 unless you have some other filter attached to it.
 
Even if its wireless?
 
Niz could you add this or something similar to post one?

"If you would like to change your connection to NAT1(improved ping = faster response time -> less car jumping -> Less Lag) and have a wired connection plug the PS3s Ethernet in Straight to your Modem's Ethernet slot." :)
 
Last edited:
Even if its wireless?

Wireless probably has a filter, so probably NAT2. >.< I prefer wired connections though. With wireless, its often slower, has more filters, more people can hack it or access it, and its easier for someone else to gain access to information on your computer... I hate wireless... >.<
 
I am putting a Penalty system into place. This will make it into the WMA as well.

First Time Offender - 20 Second "Drive Through" Penalty per offence added to your Total Time at the end of the race.

Second Time Offender - Disqualification from the event, resulting in all points awarded being lost.

Third Time Offender - Suspension for a certian amount of events. Offence severity will determine the period of suspension, 1 Race, 4 Races, etc.

Repeat Offender - Complete removal from the series and an outright ban from the WMA and ALL WMA Sanctioned Events. (I can't ban you from GTP, but I can ban you from the WMA)

I will place this on Bankfin and WMA OP's.

You have been warned people ...


This is so important for any race series, if all drivers know of the consequence of unsportsmanlike driving, the series and all future events will be very healthy.

Well done Niz in coming forward and taking charge of this early.

👍👍👍👍
 
Niz could you add this or something similar to post one?

"If you would like to change your connection to NAT1(improved ping = faster response time -> less car jumping -> Less Lag) and have a wired connection plug the PS3s Ethernet in Straight to your Modem's Ethernet slot." :)

If that will provide better connections and in turn better race quality, then I'll do it ...

This is so important for any race series, if all drivers know of the consequence of unsportsmanlike driving, the series and all future events will be very healthy.

Well done Niz in coming forward and taking charge of this early.

👍👍👍👍

:cheers: D
 
Back