Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,252 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
Oh. my. god. I run 1:15s in a 276 hp FF Civic @ 1100 kg. Now, take out 50 kg, give me 74 hp, downforce, and RWD... I'll be good for a 1:12 or 1:13.
 
MrMelancholy15
Oh. my. god. I run 1:15s in a 276 hp FF Civic @ 1100 kg. Now, take out 50 kg, give me 74 hp, downforce, and RWD... I'll be good for a 1:12 or 1:13.

Wow! I thought I was doing good. :crazy:
 
Oh. my. god. I run 1:15s in a 276 hp FF Civic @ 1100 kg. Now, take out 50 kg, give me 74 hp, downforce, and RWD... I'll be good for a 1:12 or 1:13.

Wow! I thought I was doing good. :crazy:

>.< I feel like my standings might be about to be dropping quickly...

edit: I have a few of safety points for the championship podium, I think I can survive to be on the podium for awhile longer. :)
 
Last edited:
Wow! I thought I was doing good. :crazy:

Well, I've yet to prove that I can run those lap times, for certain, but, the qualifying pace in the ITCC, I believe, was about 1:15s. I gave the specs for my ITCC Honda Civic Type R '08: 276 hp @ 1100 kg., no downforce, and racing soft tires.


I'm imagining that the Lexus is MUCH faster, because it is, but, the ITCC car has FF, and I work well with FF. :sly:


Otherwise, Autumn Ring's a good track for me. I am a patient driver, and never try to "over-extend" myself. That's one reason why others are so irritated when passing me, and feel that they need to brake too late into a corner, to pass me; I rarely make mistakes. I pride myself more on consistency, (excluding Nürburgring, oh, god, that was horrid-AIRBORNE!)

So, sometimes, I get taken off by more aggressive drivers, but, once I get a clean race going, I can usually do quite well.
 
Can you explain your "AIRBORNE" incident on Nurburgring? I am a ring addict, so I've had a couple incidents of my own :sly:
 
Can you explain your "AIRBORNE" incident on Nurburgring? I am a ring addict, so I've had a couple incidents of my own :sly:

Right. Just before the NGK Schikane (I forget the corner name) I went in a bit too late in to the corner (the corner two before the NGK Schikane,) and locked up the front tires, and then the rears. After that, the back stepped out. I tried to correct. I managed to get far enough off of the track, that I didn't damage the car. Along the way, though, there was a huge bump. I got about seven feet of air. :lol:
 
Well, I've yet to prove that I can run those lap times, for certain, but, the qualifying pace in the ITCC, I believe, was about 1:15s. I gave the specs for my ITCC Honda Civic Type R '08: 276 hp @ 1100 kg., no downforce, and racing soft tires.


I'm imagining that the Lexus is MUCH faster, because it is, but, the ITCC car has FF, and I work well with FF. :sly:


Otherwise, Autumn Ring's a good track for me. I am a patient driver, and never try to "over-extend" myself. That's one reason why others are so irritated when passing me, and feel that they need to brake too late into a corner, to pass me; I rarely make mistakes. I pride myself more on consistency, (excluding Nürburgring, oh, god, that was horrid-AIRBORNE!)

So, sometimes, I get taken off by more aggressive drivers, but, once I get a clean race going, I can usually do quite well.

Im not very consistent, have a very loose driving style which doesnt work well in tight corners, which annoys me on tracks like Autumn Ring and Deep Forest because both require series of precise cornering in order to do well... Im looking forward to Motegi and Grand Valley though. :D very flowy tracks where i can be fast, consistent, and a little sloppy. :D
 
MrMelancholy15
Right. Just before the NGK Schikane (I forget the corner name) I went in a bit too late in to the corner (the corner two before the NGK Schikane,) and locked up the front tires, and then the rears. After that, the back stepped out. I tried to correct. I managed to get far enough off of the track, that I didn't damage the car. Along the way, though, there was a huge bump. I got about seven feet of air. :lol:

Haha, sounds like fun. I was doing some races in my Caterham. It weighs nothing, and has no downforce. I rolled 6 times. The end.
 
Haha, sounds like fun. I was doing some races in my Caterham. It weighs nothing, and has no downforce. I rolled 6 times. The end.

"Realstic Photo thread" I saw that. :P
 
MrMelancholy15
"Realstic Photo thread" I saw that. :P

I've never visited that thread. Haha, did someone post a pic of a flying Caterham? :crazy:
 
I've never visited that thread. Haha, did someone post a pic of a flying Caterham? :crazy:

It was at the 'Ring, and someone was flipping it, yes. (S)He was later heckled about the "realism" of posting a photo of a car flipping.
 
MrMelancholy15
It was at the 'Ring, and someone was flipping it, yes. (S)He was later heckled about the "realism" of posting a photo of a car flipping.

Haha, there are some tall curbs and plenty of crests to flip your car. I've flipped a 2j and a GT-R also at Nurburgring...never a fun experience
 
I've already got the tyre choice sorted and I think it'll provide very very close racing ... BUT I'll make you guys sweat it out a little bit more ... :D

EDIT: I personally can't wait for Motegi and Spa ... I just love those tracks :)
 
Last edited:
Still cant make up my mind which chassis to pick?, Out of the hole the Evo smokes the Mazda to about 110mph, and then after that the Mazda runs away, but not bad enough for the Evo not to catch it in a draft. Tomorrow I'll run a tire wear test and that's the chassis I'll most likely pick. I'd like to say I never seen 2 cars so ying and yang from each other, it seems the track will be the deciding factor on which of these 2 chassis is stronger than the other one!
 
Hi Joe....dont let the this track decide your choice bud, have a look at whats still to come in the series and maybe run on those tracks as well, it should give you a better feel for future events, and tire wear run with your set up should also play an important role in your decision....good luck
 
NEWS JUST IN!!!!!

Mobil1 Phoenix Lexus has just fired me ... I had to go through a disciplinary hearing on Monday for my DNF in the Forest ... The outcome of the hearing was not good ... I tried to appeal their decision yesterday, but I lost ... I will no longer be driving for Mobil1 Phoenix Lexus ... (They have decided to drop the name Mobil1 as well, due to my misfortunes, they feel that I have disgraced the name of Lexus)

So I made a couple of calls yesterday and managed to line up a test drive for Nissan ... they decided to take me on, but not on their Works Team, Nissan Ninja's ... they have setup a Jnr team to run along the Nissan Ninja's ... I therefore, with great excitement, present to you Nissan's Jnr team ... BP Nissan Motorsports ...


*DISCLAIMER - No points have been deducted from Phoenix Lexus
 
Last edited:
NEWS JUST IN!!!!!

Mobil1 Phoenix Lexus has just fired me ... I had to go through a disciplinary hearing on Monday for my DNF in the Forest ... The outcome of the hearing was not good ... I tried to appeal their decision yesterday, but I lost ... I will no longer be driving for Mobil1 Phoenix Lexus ... (They have decided to drop the name Mobil1 as well, due to my misfortunes, they feel that I have disgraced the name of Lexus)

So I made a couple of calls yesterday and managed to line up a test drive for Nissan ... they decided to take me on, but not on their Works Team, Nissan Ninja's ... they have setup a Jnr team to run along the Nissan Ninja's ... I therefore, with great excitement, present to you Nissan's Jnr team ... BP Nissan Motorsports ...

*DISCLAIMER - No points have been deducted from Phoenix Lexus

So in short you are switching to the Silvia?
 
Pretty much ja ...

Other than you guys, no one wants the Nissan so I thought that I'd jump ship and give the new guys a bigger variety to choose from ... and I'm sporting a different name and colours so I don't impose on you guys ... 👍
 
Last edited:
Pretty much ja ...

Other than you guys, no one wants the Nissan so I thought that I'd jump ship and give the new guys a bigger variety to choose from ... and I'm sporting a different name and colours so I don't impose on you guys ... 👍

Why dont you just join the Ninjas... Come on you know you want to....:sly::sly:
 
Why dont you just join the Ninjas... Come on you know you want to....:sly::sly:

:lol: I'll join the Ninja's, but I'll keep my green suit ... think of me as one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle :D
 
HOT OFF THE PRESS:

The works Nissan Ninjas Team have been so impressed with the speed and raw talent of the highly rated driver, Nizmo, that they are currently offering him a full works drive to join their outfit.

With the possible inclusion of Nizmo, adding to Ally and Driver, the Team looks set to close the gap to the ever popular and fast Subaru Team who seems to have the upper hand at this stage.

We now all wait in anticipation for Nizmo's response to see if he will sign on the dotted line.
 
Hang-on.. before he signs the dotted line shouldn't he go through some sort of Ninja training?? I.E See if he can snatch this beer from my hand before I down it...
 
Hang-on.. before he signs the dotted line shouldn't he go through some sort of Ninja training?? I.E See if he can snatch this beer from my hand before I down it...

Well if it's a Heineken ...

HOT OFF THE PRESS:

The works Nissan Ninjas Team have been so impressed with the speed and raw talent of the highly rated driver, Nizmo, that they are currently offering him a full works drive to join their outfit.

With the possible inclusion of Nizmo, adding to Ally and Driver, the Team looks set to close the gap to the ever popular and fast Subaru Team who seems to have the upper hand at this stage.

We now all wait in anticipation for Nizmo's response to see if he will sign on the dotted line.

... then I'll sign :D
 
Well...considering you downed the beer before Ally finished typing.....

and you have signed on the dotted line....

WELCOME TO THE NISSAN NINJAS

It is required that you spray your rims and body black, and a personal race number should be chosen. Race suit is for personal sponsorship and that's left up to the driver to choose.

Feel free to join in on any practice sessions leading up to the Sunday races.

You will also have access to all the teams set up sheets, tips and future development.

Your input and ideas on strategy will be required, as well as tire wear testing feedback.

There are no team orders yet......unless Ally is in front....lol

All information remains private to the Ninjas only.

Our team goal is to silently kill all opposition with speed, leaving no traces of evidence.

We welcome you and wish your stay remains a lasting one.

Good Luck
 
Well...considering you downed the beer before Ally finished typing.....

and you have signed on the dotted line....

WELCOME TO THE NISSAN NINJAS

It is required that you spray your rims and body black, and a personal race number should be chosen. Race suit is for personal sponsorship and that's left up to the driver to choose.

Feel free to join in on any practice sessions leading up to the Sunday races.

You will also have access to all the teams set up sheets, tips and future development.

Your input and ideas on strategy will be required, as well as tire wear testing feedback.

There are no team orders yet......unless Ally is in front....lol

All information remains private to the Ninjas only.

Our team goal is to silently kill all the Subaru's, leaving no traces of evidence.

We welcome you and wish your stay remains a lasting one.

Good Luck

Silently corrected ... :trouble:
(just tell me when the next test session is)
 
One question to my new team tho, ... Will I get provided with Shuriken's to silently deactivate the oppositions tyres?

The sight of a of 3 Nissan train is going to bring back memories from yesteryear ... :lol:
 
Lol, the nissan ninja turtles racing team.....

Well that title just raises all sorts of questions!

Q1) nissans?..... Really? The first choice for the all american ninja turtles is a nissan?

Q2) turtle?...... Well I wouldn't usually associate the word turtle with nissan, this could be a mind game tactic suggesting they are slow lol,

Q3) turtle?...... Will the turtle man be your spokesman with a ninja turtle as your mascot?
 
Lol to funny,nice going good to see teams that share ideas and setups to be better across the board for a better all team effort lol .:):cheers:
 
Back