Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,252 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
My lap time with Lexus using RM is 1:16.xxx because i change my tune on it .
 
Why is everyone so fixated on the Scooby's? Yes they are fast in the twisties, but we are still early in the season ... Rounds 5 & 6 out of 20 Rounds ... focus on getting your own cars sorted before worrying about your opposition ... your biggest rival in this championship, should be YOUR OWN TEAM MATE/S ... so first beat your team mate then worry about the other teams ... the speed will come, you just have to be patient ...
 
NizmoDr3
Why is everyone so fixated on the Scooby's? Yes they are fast in the twisties, but we are still early in the season ... Rounds 5 & 6 out of 20 Rounds ... focus on getting your own cars sorted before worrying about your opposition ... your biggest rival in this championship, should be YOUR OWN TEAM MATE/S ... so first beat your team mate then worry about the other teams ... the speed will come, you just have to be patient ...

^^^^ But I can understand the concern. The only tracks we might beat the scubys are monza and maybe spa. Spa has quite a techical infield. Fuji also just has one straight.
 
^^^^ But I can understand the concern. The only tracks we might beat the scubys are monza and maybe spa. Spa has quite a techical infield. Fuji also just has one straight.

I too understand everyone's concern, but this is still early in Season 1 ... there will be some mistakes on judgement calls or on vehicles or so, but we are all still learning from this ... the better we make this series now, the stronger it will be in the future ...

^^That or who ever is unhappy can join the OTHER super touring series in the Interest Check section ... :lol: ... jk, I don't wanna lose any of you guys ... we've built a little "online family" here ... 👍
 
Yes...I fully agree, lets do our best here and see how the series progresses, the tracks that are still to come, play a very big part in how the series will develop.

Its far too early to change anything.....lets race and have fun doing so.
 
MrMelancholy15
:indiff: 1:16s on softs. Yes, the Subaru squad is 4 seconds faster here. 👎

Well, only two subarus are racing, so you can still get a podium
 
I better get to practicing, last time I left off I was running low 1'18's on hards. How does qualifying go? Do we qualify on the tires we start on, our qualify on the softer and then switch to the set we're going to start the race on?
 
1:15.894 on mediums
 
I think I run 1:16.9s on Meds haven't tested for sometime though... Ill run some laps

Hards- 1:18.3
Meds - 1:16.9

AWD is good here. :D but so is aero. :(


Edit: I'm going to do very poorly at the feature race. My Mediums lasted 8.5 laps with this setup my times...
Lap 1 and 2: 1:17
Lap 3 and 4 :1:20(went of track on both)
Lap 5 and 6: 1:19(no mistakes)
Lap 7: 1:20.938
Lap 8: 1:21.438
Lap 9: brakes locked up and failed to slow car for a corner halfway through the lap... :\
 
Last edited:
Think i'll get on tonight and run some laps think last laps i did was low 1:16s on meds and 1:17s on hards but that was days ago .
have to do some laps and see what happens tonight :)now that i know its hards and meds lol
 
Think i'll get on tonight and run some laps think last laps i did was low 1:16s on meds and 1:17s on hards but that was days ago .
have to do some laps and see what happens tonight :)now that i know its hards and meds lol

Test your tire wear, mine sucks here.

Random Question: will we be running turn 13 and 14 at Tsukuba?
 
Last edited:
Looks like this is gonna be a close one.....the Ninjas also seem to be averaging mid 16's
 
I seem to be closer to these times in the S15 than with the Lexus ... damn I gotta good feeling bout this race ... :D
 
Test your tire wear, mine sucks here.

Random Question: will we be running turn 13 and 14 at Tsukuba?

Niz, you may have missed sk8ters edit^^ interesting question,
 
Test your tire wear, mine sucks here.

Random Question: will we be running turn 13 and 14 at Tsukuba?

Niz, you may have missed sk8ters edit^^ interesting question,

That's only Round 15 & 16 ... we should rather worry about the current rounds ... 👍
 
That's only Round 15 & 16 ... we should rather worry about the current rounds ... 👍

:lol: Listen to the logic! 👍 👍 No matter how much I like the turns 13/14, Tsukuba already favours AWD cars, let's not give them even more advantages.
 
:lol: Listen to the logic! 👍 👍 No matter how much I like the turns 13/14, Tsukuba already favours AWD cars, let's not give them even more advantages.

i am lost, where is turn 13/14 on Tsukuba?
i thought there were like maybe 2 corners..lol
 
bronzosback
i am lost, where is turn 13/14 on Tsukuba?
i thought there were like maybe 2 corners..lol

Lol :lol:
 
I believe turns 13 and 14 refer to the chicane for the motorbikes.
 
Is anybody online now doing any practice?
 
did a few laps with rm and rh, best lap with wear on is 1.15.0xx on med, 1.16.2 hard
but after a (4) laps the times drop down to 1.16.3 on med and 1.17.4 on hard, pit strategy is going to be the deciding factor. it is either balls to the wall and pit more with racing med or drive with hard compound for longer and pit less. i am not sure which is better...

any feedback?
 
Somebody slow Bronzo done please...........lol

just kidding....good times bud
 
Somebody slow Bronzo done please...........lol

just kidding....good times bud

don't worry, this track will slow me down. i think if you can drive consistent 1.17 and never make a mistake you should stand a good chance of a podium finish.

how is your times, if i remember correctly you were very quick on this track.
 
I could get 10-11 laps on mediums, with 1:16s for the first 5 laps, then 1:17s til lap 8 or 9, then the last couple laps it drops to 1:19-1:20
 
I pulled a 1.14.8xx in 2 cars I have tested on RM's, I can maintain that pace for 6 laps in both cars too lol
 
Moto-Layout of Tsukuba are Turn 4 and 5 (the fast 2 turns after T1 are not countworthy).
Don´t know how you could ever count 13/14 Turns at Tsukuba :D 👍 (Even the unused chicane at Suzuka full doesn´t match: 11/12/13)

Didn´t test probaby won´t => I take what I do at Sunday :D
With the Integra I was lap-time-wise very good and it was almost the fastest at DF (BMW and banned Altezza where faster)
So will probably do a few laps with the harder compounds but not intense testing :D
 
I pulled a 1.14.8xx in 2 cars I have tested on RM's, I can maintain that pace for 6 laps in both cars too lol

That's in offline testing. Don't lie! :lol:
 
Back