Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,252 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
MrMelancholy15
:lol: There's quite a huge difference between offline testing and online testing. The physics systems are rather different.

Agreed. Usually 1sec difference across a 1min lap.
 
Agreed. Usually 1sec difference across a 1min lap.

In favour of offline testing... Some time, I'm going to really figure it out, by analyzing corner speeds/straightaway speeds/braking points, and really figure out where the time difference comes from, but, until then, we'll just say that there's a big difference.
 
MrMelancholy15
In favour of offline testing... Some time, I'm going to really figure it out, by analyzing corner speeds/straightaway speeds/braking points, and really figure out where the time difference comes from, but, until then, we'll just say that there's a big difference.

I believe the difference is in how your tires grip. There is less grip online, so acceleration, cornering, and braking are all slower, but only slightly. Yet it is still enough to make the times different.
 
Last edited:
I believe the difference is in how your tires grip. There is less grip online, so acceleration, cornering, and braking are all slower, but only slightly. Yet it is still enough to make the times different.

One kilometer an hour in a corner is one kilometer an hour down the entire following straightaway. Now, you ask anyone who's EVER finished a race tied, if that 1 km/h would've made a difference. It would have made a HUGE difference. It's happened to me, in karting, where the two drivers were called over, to see who had won, from their point of view. 👍 I still don't even know who actually won that race. :lol:
 
This is true, dont fall into the trap of setting up and testing offline, then when you rock up at the next race, you find you are now struggling all of a sudden.

The cars reactions are different, tire wear is different, even the speed.

You have to get a good set up when connected, its the only way.
 
Plus make sure you set grip levels to real, plus tire wear on, these also make a big difference.
 
times seem to change from different days, the one day i can run 1.13.0 only for the next session to run 1.15.2, so not sure if grip levels are the same on each session, think i read somewhere that these grip levels change.
 
times seem to change from different days, the one day i can run 1.13.0 only for the next session to run 1.15.2, so not sure if grip levels are the same on each session, think i read somewhere that these grip levels change.

Ummm, levels of sleep/preparedness to drive change. If I get angry, I can run a full second faster, but, who likes being angry?


Otherwise, there are hundreds of variables... I don't think that Gran Turismo 5 has weather change modeled in on Autumn Ring, but, at Suzuka, etc., the track temp changes, though you can't visibly tell.
 
I noticed it at DF with itcc, in testing at 9am my time I could get the scoob down to a 1.14.9 but when I tested at 3am with niz a few times I would be running 1.16s and couldn't work out for the life of me why, then come race day I at 6am I couldn't do anything with the car in qualifying then 3 laps into race 1 something changed and the car took off like a rat on fire, I was like wtf?,
 
I noticed it at DF with itcc, in testing at 9am my time I could get the scoob down to a 1.14.9 but when I tested at 3am with niz a few times I would be running 1.16s and couldn't work out for the life of me why, then come race day I at 6am I couldn't do anything with the car in qualifying then 3 laps into race 1 something changed and the car took off like a rat on fire, I was like wtf?,

seems like you got a bad internet connection.
 
It might have been niz, he was using a mobile phone wi-fi hotspot which was a little dodgey, my internet (when I have it) is the best quality money can by in australia, we were the first area to have 4G networks, usually when I do series events or am home alone I set up the hard wire modem, if other people are home to be respectful to others I use my wi-fi router, but when races are on no one else is awake or home to steal my downloads, its rare that I'm not nat type 1,
 
It might have been niz, he was using a mobile phone wi-fi hotspot which was a little dodgey

Don't blame your inconsistency on my ex-misfortunes :lol:
 
Niz you didn´t change me to the Integra => would you ?? :D 👍
 
I'll sort it out Sake ... you joining us tomorrow night?
 
Don't blame your inconsistency on my ex-misfortunes :lol:

I think its something to do with the servers, its like a mini weather system going through them, I'm not the only person to notice it,
 
I think I can actually make it this week 👍 It depends on what my boss says. He tells me when I work.
 
How does the pit strategy work if you make 2 or more stops?
Can I go meds twice as long as I go thru a set of hards for the main event?
And do we have to start the race on the tires we qualify with?
 
I think I can actually make it this week 👍 It depends on what my boss says. He tells me when I work.

LEXUS!!!!!!!​


We'll be okay here. I can run consistently, here.
 
joetruckv8
How does the pit strategy work if you make 2 or more stops?
Can I go meds twice as long as I go thru a set of hards for the main event?
And do we have to start the race on the tires we qualify with?

You have to start race on qualy tyres. You can pit how ever many times you want but you must use both compounds atleast once.
 
I will be there tomorrow in the Lexus IS200. I hope we can have some clean, fun racing.
 
I will be there tomorrow in the Lexus IS200. I hope we can have some clean, fun racing.

Awesome, I'll be there too. :)
 
12 hrs and 50 mins till green track ... bring your guns boys, this track's a battlefield :D
 
12 hrs and 50 mins till green track ... bring your guns boys, this track's a battlefield :D

I know I hate this track, Ill be very happy if I get my normal 5th place finish. :)
 
How long till qualy?
 
2 hr and 5 mins till rooms open ladies & gents ...
 
Back