Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,183 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
I wanna run the test session tonight, to see what feels best on GV ... so tyres with pre-race report will be up by no later than 09:00 tomorrow morning ...

One thing I want to bring to your guys attention once again ... I have been getting complaints regarding ramming and off-track BS banter ... once again I will quote from the OP in case some of you missed it ...

  • GTP OLR rules will be used. I suggest your read and memorize these rules like you are studying for your final exams.
  • Banter, Bullying, Stereotyping, Racism or Whining will not be tolerated. Any one caught doing either of these will result in a warning, penalty, disqualification or complete removal of the series. We are here to have fun guys, we don't need these types of problems to ruin the race for everyone.
  • 2 Wheels of the Car should be on track at all times. The curbs (white and red/blue ones) count as part of the Track.
  • Cutting corners or going off track intentionally will incur a 2 second penalty per offence.
  • If you do not pit in the Feature Race, will will lose you finishing position and be classified last.
  • Faliure to adhere to these rules will incur a PENALTY. (Point degration or Grid spot penalties for the next race)

    Penalty Procedure
  • First Time Offender - 20 Second "Drive Through" Penalty per offence added to your Total Time at the end of the race.
  • Second Time Offender - Disqualification from the event, resulting in all points awarded being lost.
  • Third Time Offender - Suspension for a certian amount of events. Offence severity will determine the period of suspension, 1 Race, 4 Races, etc.
  • Repeat Offender - Complete removal from the series and an outright ban from the WMA and ALL WMA Sanctioned Events. (I can't ban you from GTP, but I can ban you from the WMA)

*Rules subject to change with prior notice!!!

These rules are not here for my reading pleasure ... they are here to make this series accessible and enjoyable for all ... Do not think I will not remove you from my series if this BS continues ...

This is only S1 of this series, and yes there is always going to be issues to iron out ... but these issues should not participate in events like these with such good okes ... I hope we are all in an understanding with each other ...

So right now, lets pack up our BS, leave it at the door and move on to Grand Valley this weekend, so the Ninja's can gain another race weekend victory :D
 
Last edited:
Gvs is a high tire wear track , soft wouldnt last very long here
 
Gvs is a high tire wear track , soft wouldnt last very long here

And I think that is what is going to make tyre choice so interesting here ... thanks Skeng, you just gave me a strategic idea ... :D
 
Guys, I'm here to race; I'm okay with people speaking Afrikaans, but, don't think that I can't read it; I saw -and was offended by- some of the Afrikaans written in the lobby. Please, I got a PM from Nizmo, asking me to cut it out with the harassment or such, even though I didn't say anything disrespectful. I only asked Ally to leave more room under braking (which he did, and I have more respect for him now) and implied that quiksilver left me very little room, with an incredible drift, in front of me, and asked him if it was intentional.


I didn't like quiksilver's reply, in Afrikaans. :scared: I'm posting this with respect. I have nothing against Afrikaans, or South Africa; I just don't want to be called a name (especially one that is blocked by PD's filters) in Afrikaans, English, German, French, Spanish, or any other language. Please don't. I speak a LOT of languages, and I can tell when someone insults me.
 
^^^well said Mel. Respect +5 👍

And to bronzo, I like the practice idea, but is it 7-10pm at GMT 0? Or is it different?
 
So what compounds are we running this weekend?
 
Pre-Race report is up on the 3rd post people ... I still have some things to sort out with the points before I can post them as well ... 👍
 
Anyone got a timed lap yet on the soft compound ?
I got 1.53 yesterday.
 
My first lap out was a 1:54 on mediums. :) I'm finally at Saffer pace. :) Good deal!
 
Did some laps last night B.....managed a 54 on softs.
 
Did some laps last night B.....managed a 54 on softs.

:eek: You're not kidding, right? Like, I'm actually as fast as you South Africans, for a change? WHAT is this sorcery??
 
:eek: You're not kidding, right? Like, I'm actually as fast as you South Africans, for a change? WHAT is this sorcery??

No Mel, You are faster, you did 1.54 on mediums. Driver did 1.54 on soft.

BTW we not using Medium for the next race.
 
Well in the test last night best I ran was 1:57:074 ... wtf???? :scared:
 
No Mel, You are faster, you did 1.54 on mediums. Driver did 1.54 on soft.

BTW we not using Medium for the next race.

I ran the 1:54 on Sunday, before we knew the actual tires; the tire restrictions were left on mediums.
 
Points are up ladies :D ...
 
Well, I don't doubt that BMW can catch Lexus at GVS. :) I respect Skeng, so, I'll definitely enjoy the coming championship battle. But, darn, 48 points after four races... :eek:
 
I ran a 1:55.1 on mediums the other night, so I will try softs later
 
So that means that I gotta get my a55 into gear and take it up a notch ...
 
Hey guys just been introduced to the thread thanks to skengD, and im really like the vibe and would love to join in but for this sunday i dont have the track.

nom876-psn user name please add

What car you wanna run in bud?
 
Why we so quiet all of the sudden?
 
Did you guys practice yesterday ?
 
Did you guys practice yesterday ?

Yes we did, myself and silver,

We ran older cars just for fun, Grand Valley Speedway, 470pp
1970 Nissan Gt-R 2000
2m01sec
Niz that is 4 seconds slower then your 1.57 lol

Then ran that Mazda 110 1967 430pp
2m05sec
Not bad for such old cars, must say it was lots of fun, in a public room with clean drivers from all over.
 
No need to rub it my face Oom Bron :lol:

Not trying to rub it, more like smudge it.

Lol

I forgot ATIN also joined us. Very close racing with top three finishing all within a second of another.

This could also be a nice series to run, all classic.

I am taking someone to the airport tonight around 7, but will be on later if anybody wants to test Bankfin.

Please post if you will be there.
 
I need to get my times lower, so hopefully, I'll be there ...
 
What time tonight?
 
Tonight at 8h30pm, so now it is 11h20am. Hope that helps.
 
Back