Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,169 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
Sorry guys, I screwed up big time and I only realized it when I watched the replays now ... I'm highly embarrassed by this 'mishap', especially being the host and creater of the rules & regs, but I started on RM's and eventually pitted for RS ... I thought something was wrong withe my strategy ... I never used Hards ... so in short, I apologise for screwing up and not taking note earlier ... I ended up last and out of the points anyway, so finished and klaar ...
 
Last edited:
BMW Dealer Team continuing to eye up the time sheets and tuning setups, has found comparable speed in the latest tuning setup.


Suzuka will be a good race. There's a real chance that BMW will win, or get numerous podiums.
 
Pre-Race & Tyres are announced ... points are taking a bit of a while before I can post them ... to many constant incidents ... :(
 
Soft and Hard , if it rains do you still need to use both tires ?
 
Soft and Hard , if it rains do you still need to use both tires ?

Nope, but if the track stays dry, you do need to use both compounds ... the weather at this track is an unpredictable thing to prepare for ... I suggest you all prepare for the worst ... or the best ... or nothing at all ... who knows what could happen ... the forecast on Friday could be different from the actual weather come Sunday ... :D
 
^^^^ :lol: the forecast on Sunday could be different from the actual weather come Sunday :lol:
 
P1 session going down!
 
I found a huge error. No, turn 9's not a fast left hander.


Turn 9 - Fast-ish Left-Hander. A good exit speed will help you maintain momentum going into Turns 10 & 11. If you go off track, be careful when returning to the track.


Given these instructions, I'll just... run and hide at Turn 8, as the entire field piles off at T9.
 
Dry-Soft-2ndHotLap-TireWearOn 2:08.4

Turn 8 is the most difficult for me, its like those corners on Deep Forrest. >.> and the very small racing line makes it annoying, because I am a driver with a very loose line, don't really care if I am 5 or 10 feet away from the apex, and during a race when theres a car in front of my I dont always get the get it right at all.

The Esses and the spoon curve are amazing though. :D
 
Last edited:
So it was you who came into my room I believe. I was turning out 2:13's on hards, and when I came back I was off pace 2.5 secs per sector and I knew something was weird. They laced a 2:08.4, lol! 👍

After a quick P1 session I bested a 2:13.072 on Hards for the moment!
 
So it was you who came into my room I believe. I was turning out 2:13's on hards, and when I came back I was off pace 2.5 secs per sector and I knew something was weird. They laced a 2:08.4, lol! 👍

After a quick P1 session I bested a 2:13.072 on Hards for the moment!

lol that was me. :P i did 2 hot laps the first was a 2:09.5 though, was driving a little more conservative
 
I would of been glad to have ya!
 
Last night we tested in my room, there were a few drivers missing but all the fast guys were there so all good, maybe a slow room is a good idea as well. lol

Times were when i left
Bronz 1.54.1
Skeng1.54.2
Driver 1.54.5
Silver 1.55.1
Atin 1.55.3
Ally 1.55.7

Please update if times were improved.
 
BMW Dealer Team continuing to eye up the time sheets and tuning setups, has found comparable speed in the latest tuning setup.


Suzuka will be a good race. There's a real chance that BMW will win, or get numerous podiums.

I would say the BMW always have a chance like all have, just remember to go straight in the straights.
 
Hey B....You sure those time should rather read....

2.04.1 and so on?

??
 
LOL

Sounds fast hey?

OK subtract 10 seconds.

I meant add, sorry my maths are suppose to be my strong point.. just trying to get a reaction, any will do lol.
 
Last night we tested in my room, there were a few drivers missing but all the fast guys were there so all good, maybe a slow room is a good idea as well. lol

Times were when i left
Bronz 1.54.1
Skeng1.54.2
Driver 1.54.5
Silver 1.55.1
Atin 1.55.3
Ally 1.55.7

Please update if times were improved.

I was gonna ask, how the hell you guys are 10 sec faster than the rest ... did the update change the cars that much? :lol:
 
I might not be able to race this weekend. I will have to go to a friends house to get the update. My internet doesn't let me get the update. Time goes up to 100000+ mins then quits. Might go buy a longer cable and try hardwiring.
 
What the hell even 2:04's is blazing fast! :nervous:
I haven't tested softs yet, but I'm lapping 2:13's on hards even tho I could better this time' 👍
 
Hard wire is the way to go Shoe .

For me lap times vary with tire wear on or off , probably about .5 to 1 second slower with tire wear on

The subaru is once again the car to beat , 7 tenths quicker than me in sector 1
 
Interesting info I'm getting here ...
 
Hard wire is the way to go Shoe .

For me lap times vary with tire wear on or off , probably about .5 to 1 second slower with tire wear on

The subaru is once again the car to beat , 7 tenths quicker than me in sector 1

But you make up , 6 tenths in sector 3. so not that much faster, then there is the slip stream....
 
This track should be pretty even across all the cars. A good mix of fast straights and corners.
 
Qualifying will be important , if it rains i have no chance
 
SkengD
Qualifying will be important , if it rains i have no chance

I think we should have no weather for the qualifying and sprint race
 
So I'm sure my evo chassis is going to pick up speed due to the update, but did all the high rear downforce cars get slower due to the high downforce setting or are they the same speed, but if they go down in rear downforce then their mph goes up?
 
So I'm sure my evo chassis is going to pick up speed due to the update, but did all the high rear downforce cars get slower due to the high downforce setting or are they the same speed, but if they go down in rear downforce then their mph goes up?

No. Cars with more downforce are being slowed down on the straights; Subarus lost 6 tenths to Skeng, in the Lexus.


Meanwhile, it's not all-about the downforce numbers anymore. Now, it's still, once again, back down to the balance; and the BMWs have really gotten the balance right. :) I'm no less than 2 seconds off of the maximum qualifying pace.
 
How many laps is the featured race going to be? I'm working on my pit strategy at the moment.
 
Back