Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,097 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
Ok cool..... then I recon I will try the Mazda 6..... if I have it lol? Is it front wheel drive?

Its actually AWD ... but it weighs in 50kg heavier than the FWD due to the fact that it's AWD ... different weights keeps the cars in check ... :lol:
 
Mmmmm...... I see everyone has taken the RWD cars haha ha, no tirewear issues there. The FWD and AWD cars chew there tires badly compared to the RWD cars. AWD cars suffer the most actually, why are they the heaviest?
 
Mmmmm...... I see everyone has taken the RWD cars haha ha, no tirewear issues there. The FWD and AWD cars chew there tires badly compared to the RWD cars. AWD cars suffer the most actually, why are they the heaviest?

I chose the Lexus, because I want to sort out a nice tune for it, over the course of the season, compete for the championship with it, and then, at the end, post the tune in my "Proven" Race tunes section of my Tuning Garage.
 
I run a Scooby in Mel's ITCC series and I will admit that since we found a decent tune, the FWD suffer the worst tyre wear ... we don't :lol: ... the AWD have the best cornering ability ... they will out corner anything on four wheels and obviously their superior launch capabilities kill anything on pull off ...

I've based this series as close to the original Super Touring Class 2 regs, and if you ever watched that form of racing, then you will remember that Audi released their quattro system on their A4's in 1995 and 1996 ... they were so superior compared to the other cars, that AWD got banned altogether ... but I've decided to include the AWD'sinto this series to mix it up a bit ...
 
I know you guys are still in the testing process, but from experience I think you'll find the AWD and FWD cars are at a major disadvantage to the RWD cars, purely because of tire wear. The RWD cars are far easier to setup as well. It's gonna be tough finding a happy weight medium between cars, especially because you're running tire wear on in one race and off in the other. But let's test and see :)
 
I know you guys are still in the testing process, but from experience I think you'll find the AWD and FWD cars are at a major disadvantage to the RWD cars, purely because of tire wear. The RWD cars are far easier to setup as well. It's gonna be tough finding a happy weight medium between cars, especially because you're running tire wear on in one race and off in the other. But let's test and see :)

Tire wear will be off for one of the races. :)
 
Well the trade off for tyre wear is speed ... the Scooby and the Honda are by far the quickest in the bunch ... the RWD's do have the tyre advantage but the FWD are quickest followed by the AWD's ... it's been proven before ...

But as posted before ...

I would like to schedule an Official Test tomorrow night (19/7) at 22:00 Central African Time (GMT +2) ... Don't worry if you can't make it, but I do ask for you guys who can't just to let us know ...

This I think is needed to iron out any problems and get all the drivers to know each other better before we rush into the season and screw things up ...
 
Perhaps, maybe, possibly??? I'll take that as a yes ... :lol:

But, my mom wants to walk the dog with me. She gets home from work around then. It depends on if she's tired, or not.
 
So your mom walks you and the dog? :lol::lol::lol::lol: ... If you can't make it its cool ... I just hope there's a good attendance though ... :nervous:
 
So your mom walks you and the dog? :lol::lol::lol::lol: ... If you can't make it its cool ... I just hope there's a good attendance though ... :nervous:

Well, no, my mom and I go, together, to a big forest, or a lake, or some other park, and walk the dog. I generally end up driving the street car (yawn.)
 
Haha ... JK Mel ...
 
NizmoDr3
I run a Scooby in Mel's ITCC series and I will admit that since we found a decent tune, the FWD suffer the worst tyre wear ... we don't :lol: ... the AWD have the best cornering ability ... they will out corner anything on four wheels and obviously their superior launch capabilities kill anything on pull off ...

I've based this series as close to the original Super Touring Class 2 regs, and if you ever watched that form of racing, then you will remember that Audi released their quattro system on their A4's in 1995 and 1996 ... they were so superior compared to the other cars, that AWD got banned altogether ... but I've decided to include the AWD'sinto this series to mix it up a bit ...

Hey it's a very cool idea Nizmo..... let's see if we can make it work ;)
 
Yeah, I know. BUT, I'm still allowed to divulge more info.

mate the next 4 days will be chaotic for me as im moving house,
 
Lol ... nobody's complaining hey Mel ...

Thanks Canu ... I always loved my touring cars hey ...

Now that I get my connection up and sorted everyone is tight or unavailable ... :lol:
 
It'll be tomorrow night (19/7) at 22:00 Central African Time (GMT +2) ... our time mate ...
 
I need to check with you guys whether we should keep the power at the current 300hp or bump it 325hp ... Dave and I tested our cars at 325hp and it made for a decent race ... pity about the track being too tight though ... :lol:

I think 325BHP or even 350 BHP will be great. having too much a low horsepower isn't great for racing on GT5 as it makes it a little bit too easy. increasing the HP makes for some greater racing as it can create passing opportunities for some drivers...
 
I think 325BHP or even 350 BHP will be great. having too much a low horsepower isn't great for racing on GT5 as it makes it a little bit too easy. increasing the HP makes for some greater racing as it can create passing opportunities for some drivers...

Well I want to stick as close to original as possible and if I remember correctly the BTCC cars were running at around 325hp so that's in my favour ... but thanks for the input Riot ... the more feedback we get the better ... 👍

You joining us for testing tommorow night?
 
Yep, for sure I will be joining you guys for the testing...
 
Cool Riot ...


Support Race thread is up ... just follow the link ...

C.A.M.'s Rising Star Fiat Trophy


EDIT: Poll has been added at the top of this thread to sort out the HP concern ... you have until Saturday to vote ... please I ask everyone to cast their vote ...
 
Last edited:
voted....350 for me
 
Cool ... thanks Driver ... you joining us tomorrow night for testing?
 
Back