Battlefield 3

• Thread starter The Bman
  • 14,126 comments
I've taken out a bunch of choppers with the crossbow, and the various armored vehicles. I've even shot a pilot out of an attack chopper with one of the jeeps. :lol:

Brett
I would not even be mad. I would be impressed.

Speaking of kills in an awesome manner. While I was trying to finish off the Capture the Flag Assignments, I managed a tank kill on a chopper from my flag area to somewhere beyond the enemy flag area. The enemy chopper has just gotten off the ground and was loitering in that general area. My thought was that I had nothing else to engage in my general vicinity and that chopper was making itself just enough of a target to maybe score a hit. So I shot a round in the general direction, vehicle destroyed, and kill. Very satisfying. The guy who I killed even said it was a nice shot. :dopey:
Nice! I've gotten a couple lucky (and I mean LUCKY) shots off in Op. Firestorm in a Tank on some jets and choppers. The choppers were actually satisfying. I was on the Russian team sitting in a Tank on a hill overlooking C. A couple of enemy flankers got angry so they hoped into their jets and decided to come at me (level with my tank). Those shots were really easy, as I would shoot when they would pull up inches from my cannon.

The chopper shots however were really cool. I remember once, on the same map, there was a squad flying around in a Huey that was invincible (piloting skills + dedicated engi's = flying fortress). I got killed by the gunner on the right side. I accidentaly spawned on the RU Base. I saw the heli hovering and wrecking havoc on A. I aimed for the pilot, took the shot, but the pilot (oblivious to me) turned left and I clipped his right gunners head. At this point, I made it look like I meant to do that, and sent the gunner a message:

Payback's a b*tch, ain't it?

He acknowledged my kill and laughed along with me when I told him it was an accident.

neema_t
I had a similar story, on Kiasar there was an attack chopper being a total hog to take down. I spotted it go down in smoke quite a distance away from everything, so I spammed a load of shells in that direction and after the fifth try got two kills. But, because it was an instant respawn server, the victory was short-lived.
I take it this was achieved with a mortar? If so, NICE! I can barely get mortar kills.

gogatrs
Up to three helicopter kills with the crossbow.

Legit ones too. Not just sitting on the ground.

Speedy Samurai
Nice. I currently sit at two. Seems like it's been forever since I've been lucky enough to hit anything with that thing, though it makes for awesome rubble kills.
I only took out one chopper. It was an enemy Hind and it was already ablaze.
GTPorsche
I've taken out a bunch of choppers with the crossbow, and the various armored vehicles. I've even shot a pilot out of an attack chopper with one of the jeeps. :lol:

I love playing recon because of this addition.

I join a Bolt Action Only SQDM. There was one rule: ABSOLUTELY NO USE OF THE VEHICLE.
One smart Aleck, gets in and starts raping everyone. Soon enough, we had three squads chasing down this BMP with explosive tips :lol:

It was fun to watch 11 players rush down a hill killing each other down the road just so they could get the kill. All I saw was a small body of ants dead in front of a BMP. Then the gunner spotted me and that's when I joined the run. :lol: BF Moments...

Yeah, crossbow is always on my recon kit. I like recon, but hate not being able to somewhat protect myself against vehicles, or at least create a small distraction with the explosive bolt.

My 4 favorite kills so far have been:
Firestorm. Start of match from c side. Go straight over mountain, see transport taking off from enemy base and firw one shot from main cannon. Multi.kill!

Night map from armored kill. Managed to kill gunship with main cannon.

Farm map from armored kill. Took out a gun ship with the artillery truck, not guided missles.

Bandaar desert. Was on the tow gun at spawn over looking c. ( or whichever the gunship flag is) Enemy attack chopper was causeing troubles there so i try several shots. Give up after my last shot. Running to a fresh spawned tank, i get a double kill from the tow gun against the attack chopper.

Honorable mention: multi kill on noshar. Landed a hand grenade in a little bird killing all 4 but not damaging the chopper. Stole it :)

GTPorsche
Yeah, crossbow is always on my recon kit. I like recon, but hate not being able to somewhat protect myself against vehicles, or at least create a small distraction with the explosive bolt.

Well, light armor is pretty easy to take down. 3 hits and it's disabled. That's the only vehicle I encounter in SQDM.

BTW, is anyone else having hit detection issues? I was playing a couple of hours ago, and I did good. Then around 5 PM, hit detection went out the door. I could t get a single kill when I clearly hit them. Then I lagged out of a couple of matches and got disconnected out of EA and PSN a couple of times. I switched my Ethernet cables linked to my router and hit detection was still a problem; connection wasn't though.

Has anyone had problems with the ecm jammer for the helis/jets? Everytime I used it the last time on caspian border, (besides once or twice) the missle lock would stay on and the missle(s) would destroy my aircraft. Sometimes, the jammer wouldnt even deploy, no matter how many times I pressed the button for it.

Anyway I can fix either of these problems?

I had casually set a goal to rank up to at least Colonel 50 before Battlefield 4 and I reached that goal tonight.

Last edited:
IRNV scope is pretty useful compared to what I remember. They must have only nerfed it on the maps that it was overpowered on. Still don't like that it gets the scope sway even though it's a 1x scope.

Hit detection is a bit off as well.

i think I'm in love with the M26 MASS with slugs.... Its amazing :drool:

I've gone on multiple killstreaks, and have gotten many combat efficiencies from using it as a primary weapon.

GTPorsche
Hit detection is a bit off as well.

Okay, so I'm not the only one who experiences this.

@Miura, it is a good attachment, but don't over use it as you will be kicked/banned from a server depending on how butt hurt the admin gets.

Yeah, I had some moments where hitting a guy with a semi-auto sniper wasn't registering.

It seemed to get better the more I played though, so hopefully that issue ironed itself out.

Plus it helps that I was outsniping bolt action rifles with a QBU-88 from 450+meters away. My sole intention this morning was to finish the unlocks for the QBU-88 so I don't have to use an inferior semi-auto rifle again. Took 4+ hours to get 133 kills :ouch:

After deploying ECM Jammers, the locked on missile will spiral around you. When your altitude changes so that your helicopter is on the path of the missile, you'll get hit. That's why I prefer using flares incase of accidents like that.

I don't use ECM Jammer. I use flares on choppers and extinguisher on jets.

Edit: Servers are still sketchy on performance. I had a moment where I fired the JNG-90, then switched to the 1911 S-Tac and fired that. This is all happening within 10 feet of the enemy. Somehow the kill for the 1911 registered before the kill for the JNG-90 shot. It was at that moment I decided it was time to take a break from playing once that round ended.

I'll probably return to it in a bit. I want to work on finishing up these last 3 bolt action rifles I have left. JNG, M40 and M98B. Might go in that order since the M98B is a beast.

Last edited:
Heck Yes!

9yng6Ge.png

It's getting harder to find good servers these days, but I got a few good matches in today.

The highlight was oddly at Seine CQ on the receiving end of a stomp. Half our team bailed on us right as the start, leaving us outnumbered by 4-5 and the enemy RU quickly took A, C and D, whilst we took B. I stayed behind at B to defend it whilst my squaddies went to contest A.

As it goes, an enemy tank came storming down from D, which is exactly what I didnt want to see. No problem, I timed my ambush to lay C4 on it just right, causing him to panic and crash into the bus....the only problem being I whipped out a claymore, not C4 :ouch:.

Not much to do in that situation other then bluff like a boss...seeing me jumping around outside his tank, the dude panicked more and reverse into the brick path opposite the bus allowing me to charge him again. Once I got to the side of the tank, there was not much I could do besides jump around and pray and lo, what do I see but the option to press circle appear on my screen - the nitwit had jumped out of the tank :lol:. So I stole it and with a squaddie who spawned on me, kept the tank for about 10 mins as we tried to rescue the game. We ended up losing badly, but it was still funny.

:lol: My friends and I have done that same thing. Except we weren't support class. We were recon and assault.

Servers are definitely hard to find. Especially when they all go down at the same time. I'm guessing maintenance is going on or something. Shame because I was on a great server when it happened.

I've also noticed how silly some of the weapon balancing is. Mostly in regards to the bolt-action rifles. I came up a stairway in one of the multi-story buildings on Seine, and noticed I was behind two enemies. They were lined up perfectly for a double kill. My first shot only manage to kill the guy furthest away from me and left the guy that the bullet first passed through alive. Apparently bullets in BF3 gain damage as they fly. :dunce:

I don't know how I was able to do this, but yesterday I was able to take out a jet and 3 helicopters in one match with the main gun of the main battle tank... thermal vision is probably the only reason how, though.

(On operation firestorm, on I believe the us side)
At the beginning, a very low jet came in to try to destroy or helicopters, and I was able to shoot him out... then, I got a multi kill by shooting out a transport heli with gunners and repairers. After that, I was able to take out a attack heli at A twice in a row, as he couldn't figure out not to stay low, right in front of me, (he was an eagle 100, too :lol:) but then he figured out to stay high up and directly over me, where I couldn't get him, so he killed me.

I had about 9-10 kills before he killed me :lol:

Not every 100 is skilled, just time sinkers.

JNG-90 done. Just the M40A5 and M98B remains for me to unlock things for. That M40 is weak though. :yuck:

GTPorsche
Not every 100 is skilled, just time sinkers.

JNG-90 done. Just the M40A5 and M98B remains for me to unlock things for. That M40 is weak though. :yuck:

I agree. Surprisingly I see a lot of level 100s that are boosters.

I like the M98B for long range, but when it comes to medium or short range, I use the SV98. I love using it with iron sites at Operation Metro. I have fun with it.

I like the JNG-90 for the reasons you like the SV98. Also, I consider the M40 to be weak after I went from a suppressed JNG-90 to the barebones M40 and couldn't get one shot kills with it in Hardcore.

I love the M40A5, as long as you aim high enough, you should get a plethora of one-hit kills. The only thing that I see that might annoy some people, is that the 8x scope fills up a lot of your screen (when you're walking/running with the gun). Other than that, TDM on Noshar Canals is a blast with this gun.

The M40A5 does the same damage as the JNG-90, but has lower bullet velocity. While you were getting headshots with the JNG-90, the M40A5 is shooting a bit lower and hitting a lower damage zone. You have to compensate for that by aiming a hair higher.

While not overly relevant to bullet damage, the M40A5 has the fastest bolt cycle of the bolt actions.

GTPorsche
I like the JNG-90 for the reasons you like the SV98. Also, I consider the M40 to be weak after I went from a suppressed JNG-90 to the barebones M40 and couldn't get one shot kills with it in Hardcore.

True true. I wonder how so many people use the M40 in hardcore, most are pretty good with it. I used to use the L96 for the same reason as I do the SV98, but the L96 has been nurfed for a long time.

Damage, like Brett already said, and damage drop is exactly the same on those 2 guns... Only the SV98 is worse.

Latest Posts

Back