Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Stormtrooper217, Feb 17, 2011.

1. sejtur

sejtur

Even if it's in alpha form, wasn't the front line trailer from battlefield also in that form. Anyways, from what I can see now I think that it's going to look slightly better than MW2, but that's it. If they're gonna sell alot of games this year, it just shows they have alot of fans, because IMO this will not be an AAA game like BF3.

2. Akira AC

Akira AC

Some gameplay I just come across:

3. happycorey

happycorey

I'm not sure if you guys saw the Gameplay from the Jimmy Fallon show tonight where the show PS3 footage, it was pretty bad visually, to be honest.

4. Akira AC

Akira AC

PS3 version,I think it looks worst due to the lack of AA in PS3 and lack of RAM,aside,yeah it look pretty average on PS3,I haven't seen 360 version,might look a bit better but not as good as PC version,that's why I'm planning my rig correctly.

I just resorted to wait until the thing comes out and then build the rig,there could many incompatibilities and system issues that might occur on certain systems/components,it has already happen to me on BF2(even with an HD graphics card there are many glitches and system issues that can only be fix by patching,like the lack of dual core support that was fixed until some update came out and stuff like that).

Also the Jimmy Fallon gameplay:

(there was an HD version of that Vid but the uploader simply delete it for no apparent reason)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  5. Solid Lifters

Solid Lifters

That video was horrible. Can't properly judge the graphic quality with such a low quality video clip. I'll be able to judge when Fallon comes on my HDTV set. He's on right now but haven't come to the game, yet.

6. happycorey

happycorey

I wish that they were optimized for PS3 though because I think it could be better. 360 version will probably ship with like 4 discs

7. Solid Lifters

Solid Lifters

OK, just watched the footage and it looked better than MW3 to me. It was on the PS3 but I think the PC version is going to be tops by a far margin. So, I'll get that version.

8. sejtur

sejtur

I agree, I guess the detail will be less for the PS3 but it's my only option as I don't have a gaming PC. But I don't get why there is so few contrast in the image in the COD games. It's like the piss filter of codemasters.

9. jswilli1

jswilli1

Hopefully they will start releasing the "Closed" Beta keys for BF3 and some of us will have the opportunity to get a hold of one and see first hand what the game play will be like on the PS3.

10. Ibonibo

Ibonibo Premium

^what were the conditions again for the closed beta (MOH?)

Can't wait for this game.

haven't been able to stop playing BC2 since it came out. This will be worse.

11. jswilli1

jswilli1

I believe that was for the open beta? The closed Beta happens before they open the server to everybody else. I got a key for BC2 during the closed Beta and one for MOH and didn't pre-order either! Arica Harbor was the Map of choice (Rush) for the Beta on BC2 at the time.

12. Akira AC

Akira AC

HD version of the video:

Also,I one of the ones who gets to play the beta (I bought MoH last year,it was really good online experience,personally,better than COD or BF bad company experience),I see the mutiplayer model equal to the one present in MoH,it is really good,if you are interested in see how BF3 infantry gameplay would be like play MoH mutiplayer (although it only applies to infantry,but it sorts of follow the same model,well,from what I can see in multiplayer gameplay videos thought).

13. Ibonibo

Ibonibo Premium

^As you probably know the Mp of MoH was made by Dice the same people from BF.
    So similarities are a given.

14. MarinaDiamandis

MarinaDiamandis Premium

Wait, you're already playing the Beta? I bought MoH last year too, so should get access.

15. Akira AC

Akira AC

Not yet,I'm awaiting for the E-mail,in any case I don't think that I get time to play it,too much work these days.

16. Akira AC

Akira AC

Complete multiplayer analysis:

Looking really promising.

17. sejtur

sejtur

Very nice! Someone should make a list of these things in the 1st post! Looks really promising!

18. OLDSKOOLACURA

OLDSKOOLACURA

I'm going to have to take a couple days off of work when this game comes out

19. boomee

boomee

20. Akira AC

Akira AC

Interesting article about battlefield 3 multiplayer:

Article

[​IMG]
    And briefing of metro mission,its bigger than what I initially imagine(specially for an infantry map).

21. sejtur

sejtur

Thanks for the article, akiraacecombat. Interesting.

22. E28

E28 Premium

Some interesting stuff about the new classes. I'm kinda worried all the matches will be filled with support class players shooting anything that moves... :nervous:

23. CMvan46

CMvan46

Not a chance. There will always be bush campers with a sniper rifle. Plus there will be a ton of assaults because of the medic pack they now have. There are always engineers because of the vehicles too.

24. jswilli1

jswilli1

Good stuff...Bring on the Beta!:tup:

25. happycorey

happycorey

I'm curious to know what they are giving the snipers. I wonder too if they're going to kill off quick scoping

26. MarinaDiamandis

MarinaDiamandis Premium

It's not really possible to effectively quickscope in BC2 or MoH and difficult enough to noscope, so I guess this will carry over to BF3.

27. happycorey

happycorey

What do you mean not possible to effectively quickscope? No scoping is pretty easy at a close enough range that it's tolerable

28. jswilli1

jswilli1

I always get no scoped by a "Bush Wookie" especially with the SVD. Did I mention I dislike snipers? I too am curious what capabilities the "Recon" class will have in BF3.

29. happycorey

happycorey

I hate bush wookies but I use the sniper class for anything but being a bush wookie. What makes me more mad than ANYTHING in BFBC2 is being killed by a low level wookie by his pistol and has 12x scope and Spotting.. I will probably rage quit the game

30. CMvan46

CMvan46

I actually don't mind snipers at all. I like bc2 for the more realistic "war" environments and I'd imagine in a war snipers wouldnt be laying in a street with iron sights.