Battlefield 4- Out on October 29th (current gen)

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 2,534 comments
I prefer Classic. It takes the best of Core and Hardcore into one game mode. Though, I am apparently the only one, as there are very few Classic servers running.

Yeah normal damage model without minimap and 3d spotting is perfect. The other problem with hardcore though is camping is far more effective since nobody can see you on the minimap. That's what ruins it for me and I always end up going back to normal mode.

Yeah normal damage model without minimap and 3d spotting is perfect. The other problem with hardcore though is camping is far more effective since nobody can see you on the minimap. That's what ruins it for me and I always end up going back to normal mode.
I don't seem to have the camping issue too much. I usually have a mortar placed in the battle field so I rain the pain down if you get a sniff of where the shot came from.

Play Arma 2 for a while, No minimap, nor spotting. Try finding the campers. Its much much harder then BF4. Thats why i prefer Hardcore since its more immersive and the damage model is more realistic. :)

Sure its more realistic, but the reason it takes forever to kill people in the normal gamemode is for balance reasons. If you want to play a realistic shooter then don't play a casual shooter like Battlefield and go for things that are specifically made to be realistic such as ARMA 3 and Insurgency.

Sure its more realistic, but the reason it takes forever to kill people in the normal gamemode is for balance reasons. If you want to play a realistic shooter then don't play a casual shooter like Battlefield and go for things that are specifically made to be realistic such as ARMA 3 and Insurgency.

It's just weird switching from Arma, Insurgency to battlefield slowly getting used to it

Play Arma 2 for a while, No minimap, nor spotting. Try finding the campers. Its much much harder then BF4. Thats why i prefer Hardcore since its more immersive and the damage model is more realistic. :)

I just checked out ARMA. Looks good. I wish i had a PC capable of playing it now.

It's just weird switching from Arma, Insurgency to battlefield slowly getting used to it

I need to try to get into Insurgency. I have played it for about an hour or two, but did not really give it a fair shake.

I just checked out ARMA. Looks good. I wish i had a PC capable of playing it now.

Arma is pretty awesome. I have not jumped into the multiplayer side of the game yet, but have spent a bunch of time messing around with user created missions.

I need to try to get into Insurgency. I have played it for about an hour or two, but did not really give it a fair shake.

Arma is pretty awesome. I have not jumped into the multiplayer side of the game yet, but have spent a bunch of time messing around with user created missions.
Yeah after searching it looks like there is quite a few community made Mods. The DayZ one looks intriguing as i am a fan of zombie flicks. Will have to save some peenys and buy a decent gaming rig.
Can only hope it gets released on PS4 in the future.

Not holding my breath though.

Last edited:
I doubt Arma would ever be released on anything but PC. The scope of the game is incredibly large. One of the two maps included with Arma 3 is 270 square kilometers. The other map is just 20 square kilometers.

I really need to find a group to play Arma 3 with. I would like to dive into the multiplayer side of the game.

I doubt Arma would ever be released on anything but PC. The scope of the game is incredibly large. One of the two maps included with Arma 3 is 270 square kilometers. The other map is just 20 square kilometers.

I really need to find a group to play Arma 3 with. I would like to dive into the multiplayer side of the game.

Hopefully I'll have my computer done this weekend when my cables show up. I am definitely interested in getting ARMA 3. You should start an ARMA 3 thread and see if any other GTP'ers are interested.

I dont really like Arma 3 tbh.

Finally got BF4 while the premium edition was cheap (PC). I guess I only picked it up because I was wanting another BF3, but it's hard to get used to... getting there though. I'm starting to like it more even though 90% of the time I'm getting my ass handed to me.

If there's anything I don't like about it, it's some of the huge cluster 🤬 maps and having to use Battlelog because of crap like this. Has this been happening to anyone else lately? Like, a lot? My connection is fine and hasn't dropped me once.

easucks.png

Also the gun boats on naval maps. I hate those with a passion when they camp objectives because with a full crew they're seemingly invincible.

Finally got BF4 while the premium edition was cheap (PC). I guess I only picked it up because I was wanting another BF3, but it's hard to get used to... getting there though. I'm starting to like it more even though 90% of the time I'm getting my ass handed to me.

If there's anything I don't like about it, it's some of the huge cluster 🤬 maps and having to use Battlelog because of crap like this. Has this been happening to anyone else lately? Like, a lot? My connection is fine and hasn't dropped me once.

View attachment 438823

Also the gun boats on naval maps. I hate those with a passion when they camp objectives because with a full crew they're seemingly invincible.

I've had that error before many times, haven't seen it for ages though. Yeah the attack boats are OP but they are also fairly weak, 2-3 RPG's and they are in trouble unless someone is constantly repairing. You just have to stay out of sight of them and keep spotting them so your air support and boats can deal with them.

View attachment 438823

I love being in the boat to hunt down choppers :D

Seemingly? No, they actually are invincible until someone lucks out and kills the engineer providing repairs with splash damage or a lucky shot or manages to sneak up and C4 the thing.

Same goes for a talented jet pilot; any idiot can harass enemy jets with the mobile AA from a spot safe from everything that isn't an aerial vehicle, when they combine with a good jet pilot you will find it impossible to keep that jet dead long enough to keep their helicopters on the run for long enough to give your ground forces a chance. If your mobile AA isn't specifically backing you up by making it tough for the better jet to stay on your tail, you are going to have a bad time.

No, I stopped playing BF4 a long time ago in favour of smaller, more tactical games like Insurgency and even Rainbow Six 3, just today I even started Planetside 2 up again. I have so much more fun playing with friends against AI than playing with randoms against other randoms. I will admit that BF3 in a clan was awesome while it lasted, though.

Even without a full crew the attack boats are amazing. It's so easy to get 40+ kills and 3 deaths. The best part is shooting down choppers and jets with TV missiles:cool:.

I try to. Mostly Hardcore Operation Locker and I'm not a Premium in this installation of BF4. I might become but it might be too late.
I don't think so. There's still a ton of servers playing DLC maps, and DICE LA are still supporting the game. At least four more maps are in development that will be released for free.

Battlefront is a casual movie tie-in. People will come back to BF4.

I fell in love with hardcore mode just because of the fact that there's more teamplay, you actually get revived and medics have med packs and defibrilators instead of grenade launchers

I fell in love with hardcore mode just because of the fact that there's more teamplay, you actually get revived and medics have med packs and defibrilators instead of grenade launchers
When I play hardcore, I still have a habit of spotting people.

Loving the new Operation Breakout map, easily one of the best maps in the game! I love how this game is 2 years old and yet I still enjoy it just as much as I did at the start.

They keep adding more stuff to the game and I have not been playing any of it. I still have yet to play the night map.

They keep adding more stuff to the game and I have not been playing any of it. I still have yet to play the night map.

I really like the night map, it's worth a try if you have the chance. But I really don't like the Community map, there's just something about it, it probably has to do with the insane vegetation, which I completely dislike, like on Zavod. Probably also the reason why Dawnbreaker and Siege are my favorite maps :lol:

Back