BBS Japan Becomes an Official Partner of the FIA Certified Gran Turismo Championships

All I ask, is for this: proper gold center RS
inspirationcsi-jpg.16079

Last edited:
Very interesting to hear what’s been going on with BBS itself, and how it relates to this new partnership.

All I ask, is for this: proper gold center RS
inspirationcsi-jpg.16079

Great choice. Really wanted that colour combo option on the rims as well. Especially with an oak green Golf GTI Mk2 to put them on.

I personally would love to see these included for an option on race cars. Especially for the group C racers:
389696.jpg

I know they are on the Porsche 962C, but would like them and the other variations on it to be selectable for other cars.

Very interesting to hear what’s been going on with BBS itself, and how it relates to this new partnership.

BBS Japan is run organisationally separately from BBS AG Germany. So even with the latter's recent bankruptcy (it's third filing in14 years), the production of their F1 and forged wheels (which are made by BBS Japan exclusively) will continue. Though the timing of this announcement is odd with what is happening with the founding German company.

Let's all hope this partnership is more than just BBS branding on the menus and ad boards on the race tracks. Hope we get a more range of BBS wheels from it's historic and legendary catalogue, and hopefully it doesn't stop PD from including rims from other manufacturers.

Last edited:
Me three. :D:cheers:
Been a while.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_1615968.html

i1s1PwuwG3h9NhH.jpg

Comment from BBS Japan Representative President - Norimasa Nosaka
“BBS is a company that is rooted in motorsports. It all started with this single desire: to provide wheels that win races. By developing our technology through motorsports, many teams including those in Formula One have achieved success with BBS wheels.

"BBS focuses on a manufacturing process where we compress blocks of aluminum down to less than 1/4 its original size, creating complex designs using dies, with all finishing touches made by hand to perfection. A strong, resilient, and beautiful wheel. This is what a BBS wheel stands for. 

"BBS Japan has now partnered with Gran Turismo, a series that goes beyond the boundaries of video games and is beloved by motorsports fans throughout the world. We are very excited to be a part of this partnership, and we hope to reach out to the younger generations through Gran Turismo.“

Wonder if all cars will be fitted with BBS and Michelins, in FIA Nations and Manufacturers.

Waiting for BBS wheels to be forced onto all cars like the Michelin tyre stickers in FIA.

And my thoughts goto which BBs wheels? Would we see different kinda at each race , depending on the car? Like we see a field of Gr.1 cars on on a BBS mesh wheel?

Last edited:
Would like to know what happened to the PD collaboration with KW.

June announcement, eh? :sly:
I was actually thinking the same thing when I read the article I linked in my last post about them buying BBS.

Here's that article. Very ambitious.
https://www.gtplanet.net/kw-7-post-rig-gt6/

The tuning community and myself included, would have gone nuts if this was available.

Edit: What's really messed up, is PD don't add the acceleration testing and that suspension rig in the very game that is ripe to fine tune vehicles for racing.

Last edited:
Back