Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

They
In the future, everything will be better thanks to technology.

Liars. Each and every one of them.

I've spent the better part of the week losing a SSD, optimizing my daughters computer before her upgrades, then going back to work only to be busy as flock thanks to our systems crashing... then I can't stream the races last night... and haven't slept in a few days.

When I find George Jetson... we won't NEED flying cars.

I should've posted the Car of the Year stuff a week ago, but I had to catch up on things around the house while the wife and kid went to Texas, got 1 day off... forced... and see above for the rest of what's happened since xmas. In the words of a fellow G+ friend....

"I am not a happy bunny."

Due to the delays, I'll keep the voting open till 9a on Sunday, CST as usual. The categories for individual merit (i.e. members) will be based on A) the case made by other fellow members, B) myself based on merit, contribution, and views on the correct way to replace toilet paper, and C) the magical goat of Cape Hope. Perhaps all three, we'll figure it out when we get there.

The results will be posted Sunday night, depending on the mood of the cosmos, Russian hackers and Microsoft. So we should be fine.

Again, I'm really sorry I couldn't make it more special this year, but circumstances have turned my productivity into a fart in the wind. I am taking steps to address it but progress is very, very, very slow.

...and some nominees were...

-Bridgette Wilson Award for Best Hair and Makeup
'00 Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus
'08 Maseratti GranTurismo S
'11 Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale
'62 Ferrari GTO
Tammy Faye Bakker Award for Worst Hair and Makeup.
'00 Chrysler PT Cruiser
'03 Chevrolet SSR
'03 Mazda Kusabi Concept
'11 Toyota Aqua S

The Susan Lucci Award honors the Best Supporting Actor in Gran Turismo.
'00 RUF 3400S
'71 Ferrari 365 GTB4
'90 Mazda RX-7 (FC) GT-X
'00 Daihatsu Sirion/Storia X4

Joe Dirt "I'm-your-sister" Award is awarded to the car that best represents Detroit's inbred past, present, and future
'69 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
'12 Tesla Model S Signature Performance
'71 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Gran Touring Garage '70 Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer

Kim Kardashian "Bitch-how-is-you-not-a-Hobbit?" Award
'09 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
'03 Chevrolet SSR
'78 DOME Zero
'00 Chrysler PT Cruiser

The Susan Boyle Award
'03 MG TF160
'00 Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus
'00 Daihatsu Sirion/Storia X4
'03 Mazda Axela 23s

The Vanilla Ice Ice Baby Award

Wall Street Journal Too-Big-To-Jail Award
'37 Auto Union V16 Type C Streamliner
'61 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corso
'62 Ferrari GTO
'70 Chaparral 2J

Ted Thomas Memorial Trophy

The Worst Car of the Year

I've already put my original votes in and i'll look at the ones above to vote on as well. :)

Now on to the Alfa Romeo Guilia Sprint 1600 GTA.

It's packing a 1570cc Twin Cam 4 cylinder engine making around 115hp and it's hauling just under 750kgs of weight around so it's definitely quite a lively car.

Using a close ratio 5 speed gearbox to send the power to the rear tyres, the Alfa Guila Sprint racked up many race wins in its life time in both the Trans Am under 2.0 litre class and in Group 2 in the European Touring Car Races with the Guilla winning the championship 3 times in a row. :eek:

They also dabbled with forced induction with 2 aircraft cabin blowers bolted to a 1600cc engine making anywhere from 220 to 250hp. :drool:

That car the GTA-SA (No not San Andreas :P) was built for the Group 5 class and ended up winning first place at the Hockenheim 100 mile endurance race, but due to homologation changes that was its only win as they only built 10 GTA-SA's and the new regulations required 1000 to be sold.

The Alfa backed up its racing pedigree even in Street trim on race night despite some issues for MC.

With such close racing, It did bring out my more devious racing mindset with a pit fake out at Fuji and and stealing victory at Monza with a last lap pitstop because of the track layout. :D

Bottom Line, if you like a classic collectors piece that's fun to drive, get yourself one of these. ;)

Verdict: Sleeper 👍

A review over 2 years in the making...

lnhoq12.jpg

Yes, you read that right... the end of 2016 and the beginning of 2017! ;)

The last car of 2016 pretty well sums up what most people were feeling after the holidays... fat, overweight, bloated and paying for things they can't afford or justify, yet they still wanted it. This is why Jaguar still exists.

AvUVv7Q.jpg

Kim Kardashian on wheels... just because it looks good in a few photos, doesn't take away from the fact it's fat, way overpriced and has a pimp driving it hard in the public eye. Eventually, you'll read the pimp's thoughts on Twitter...

BEATER AND FORGET 'ER!!! Next...

Now with this latest car, 2017 has definitely started off well. I've always like this car. In real life, it sounds amazing and is more than capable of showing up cars with way bigger displacements on either asphalt or gravel. A friend of mine owns this Alfa Romeo, and he has used it in the "Newfie Targa" in the past. I think it's sexy, especially for the age of her. Even though I had painted mine white, it is an Alfa that deserves to be RED.

Ie3GeIe.jpg

It performs very well on a variety of tracks here in GT6, and our racing this week proves it. Our photo finish above was measured out at 0.038 seconds difference between @Vic Reign93 and I. Great cars give potential for great racing. Even though it's been insulted by being just a Standard car here in Gran Turismo, it is yet another MUST HAVE weapon for anyone's garage.

Sleeper and a Keeper people!!!

Cheers

sOX3jNj.jpg

The Nissan Skyline 350GT feels more like a Sentra than its iconic namesake. While it may be faster than the aforementioned "Wall Street Intern Special", the handling isn't nearly as dynamic as you would expect from a sports sedan. You'll likely get less disapproving looks from the soulless dregs of middle management than if you pulled into the parking garage in an Evo or Impreza, but either of those options are better on the road than this ho-hum Beater.

iHHcaeI.jpg

The Jaguar XKR-S may suffer from similar under-steer issues as the Skyline, but it at least has distinctive styling and the heritage of the Jaguar nameplate. I have little doubt that the Jaguar would make an ideal grand touring car, conducive to long drives on public roads and looking good doing it the entire way.

CI53Bfz.jpg

Just keep it in the paddock of any race tracks you may come across, as it will be easily bested by most pure sports cars around it's performance level, such as the Audi R8. I still like the XKR-S on an aesthetic level and would be delighted if I was ever gifted one for free, unfortunately from a performance level I have to call it a Beater.

3A07Z49.jpg

Thanks to everyone for another great year of Car of the Week, and here's hoping 2017 provides more of the same!

Last edited:
A classic Italian beauty!
Silverstone International Circuit_1.jpg

Clinging to the corners like duct tape!

Classic Alfa Romeos have my respect. I don't drive them often, and I don't entirely like them, but the few time I've used them, such as the time trial license test in GT4 and a few other occasions, they've been a hoot to drive. They're slow, but very controllable. This particular Alfa, the Giulia GTA, is a lightweight classic that dominated Group 2 Touring Car racing back in the 60's, and when driving it throughout the week, it wasn't hard to see how. :)

It's 1600cc 4 cylinder puts out 118bhp. Now, this figure isn't a lot in anyone's books. My dirt track Pulsar put out double that power with the same displacement. But the Giulia's driving feel is helped by the fact that it's super light weight! It's under three quarters of a tonne, and this means that despite the low power output, it's not slow! It does lack acceleration, but once it's up to speed it's fun to drive!

Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg
Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_3.jpg I found victory at Apricot Hill in the li'l Alfa!

There are only two things I don't like about the Giulia. The looks and the price.

Firstly, do I really need to explain why I don't like the looks? Check out that front end! It looks like it's staring at you, but it's been up for three weeks straight drinking all sorts of energy drinks to keep awake at all costs... :lol:

The other thing is that the price is way too high for its spec. I get that it's probably worth $100k because of historical significance and rarity, but I could instead buy an S15 Silvia, give it racing tyres and some extra power and still not have spent $100k! I mean, yes I mentioned earlier it's fun to drive, but is it "worth six-figures" fun to drive?

Not really. :boggled:

Eiger Nordwand Short Track_1.jpg Eiger Nordwand Short Track_6.jpg Eiger Nordwand Short Track_2.jpg Eiger Nordwand Short Track_3.jpg Eiger Nordwand Short Track_4.jpg Eiger Nordwand Short Track_5.jpg
The Giulia displayed distinct cornering abilities, as well as airborne abilities..

If you have forked out the exorbitant cost, or perhaps it was won in a seasonal event somewhere down the line, I wouldn't get rid of it however. It's still very capable of a lot of driving fun! All you need is a nice twisty track... Remember Citta di Aria? Yeah, that's the sort of track this I'd love to take the Giulia around! Obviously it could do with more power and even less weight (Heck, I wanna see what it's like fully tuned!), but even in stock form it's quite the little runabout! It's the sort of thing you'd drive if you don't exactly feel like brain-numbing speed today.

Our races were really good, the Giulia can be driven without TCS quite ambitiously and you'll be in control the whole time. I had some particularly close races with @Draggon and @Racer283, and the whole time my car never really misbehaved. I had my moments, as you do when you're in a battle, but those mistakes were all me, not the car! :dopey:

Silverstone International Circuit.jpg Silverstone International Circuit_3.jpg Silverstone International Circuit_4.jpg Silverstone International Circuit_6.jpg
The battle for the Stone of Silver...

I'm calling the first car of 2017 a sleeper. 👍
We're off to a good start this year! Hopefully that keeps on going... ;)

Attachments

• Silverstone International Circuit_1.jpg
    Silverstone International Circuit_1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 9
Hopefully we hear from McD soon about the results from 2016's Car Of The Year,
but if not I think it's a good idea to have a backup car to race and review, just in case...

I mean, you guys need some time in advance to acquire and prep the car, then perhaps turn some practise laps, so it's back to the initial list to dig up another week's worth of automotive action!

You'd be surprised how many hidden gems are still on the list... Admittedly, some need to be crossed off the list, like the Sirion X4 and the Model S, but there are still some goodies there. And on that note, assuming we don't hear otherwise from McD, this week's car is...

ktmpress49-1298566629.jpg

The 2012 KTM X-Bow Street!!!!!!

No roof, no doors, so be sure to practise jumping in and out of it! There's also hardly any windscreen, so wear a full face helmet if you don't want a mouthful of bugs, tyre rubber and smoke.

Now obviously there's still a chance McD will show up and therefore we'd be racing the Car Of The Year instead. If that happens, then the X-Bow will simply be put away for another week. For that reason, there won't be a Playing With TT's this week. If we do end up racing in the Street, then I'll do a TT event for it next week on top of whatever the next car is.

This isn't the choice yet, like I said it's just a backup plan incase we don't hear from McD and race day rolls around. I'm quite keen to find out the car of the year, hopefully you all put your votes in!

"Let's try a PT Cruiser" they said. "It'll be fun," they said. So exactly how do you expect any of them to pick the

2016 GTPlanet BEATER OR SLEEPER? CAR OF THE YEAR?!!!

No,I'm serious. Don't worry, I'll wait....

crickets
Chirp, chirp, chirp.

Well before we see how they screwed it up, let's start a little light, eh? A little bit of a warm up to see how the rest of the night will go. Look, I've made it through two categories so far and not a single mention of Trump or Brexit, so I think we're safe.

If you're unhappy just request a refund from Ticketmaster, how hard can it be?

crickets
Chirp, chirp, chirp.

The first award is the Bridgette Wilson Award for Best Hair and Makeup.
The nominees are: '00 Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus, '08 Maseratti GranTurismo S, '11 Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale, '62 Ferrari GTO

...and the winner is:

maxresdefault.jpg

The '11 Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale!

Our next award is the Tammy Faye Bakker Award for Worst Hair and Makeup.
The nominees are: '00 Chrysler PT Cruiser, '03 Chevrolet SSR, '03 Mazda Kusabi Concept, '11 Toyota Aqua S

...and the winner is:

22743d1168224772-wrecked-ssr-i-10-los-angeles-66_3.jpg

The '03 Chevrolet SSR!

When not in Gran Turismo, cars will often times fill their spare time by appearing on television and in films. The Susan Lucci Award honors the Best Supporting Actor in Gran Turismo.

The nominees are: '00 RUF 3400S, '71 Ferrari 365 GTB4, '90 Mazda RX-7 (FC) GT-X, '00 Daihatsu Sirion/Storia X4

...and the winner is:

1971-Ferrari-365-GTB4-Daytona-V2-1080.jpg

The '71 Ferrari 365 GTB4!
Not the first actress that was caught Faking It in Miami.

"Is this where you want to be when the baby Jesus comes back?" The Joe Dirt "I'm-your-sister" Award is awarded to the car that best represents Detroit's inbred past, present, and future.

The nominees are: '69 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, '12 Tesla Model S Signature Performance, '71 Ford Mustang Mach 1, and the Gran Touring Garage '70 Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer

and the winner is:

The '03 Chevrolet SSR!
No, waitaminute...

4a04a8f64cd7d605df7b3921e875d6d4.jpg

The '69 Chevrolet Camaro Z28!

The term "luxury" is often used to describe opulence and refinement. Brands like Bugatti, Mercedes and Ferrari are well known for their decadence. The Kim Kardashian "Bitch-how-is-you-not-a-Hobbit?" Award is given to the car that promises a 5 star Michelin rating while serving you a Big Mac and cold fries.

The nominees are: '09 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, '03 Chevrolet SSR, '78 DOME Zero, '00 Chrysler PT Cruiser

...and the winner is:

Tyga-Mercedes-McLaren.jpg

The '09 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren!

Remember, the drinks tonight are on the house. So if you aren't driving and notice your glass getting a little dry, just let one of our servers know and they'll assist immediately. All good?

Once in a while, a fresh talent surprises critics with talent that simply cannot be ignored. The Susan Boyle Award is given to car that we find surpasses expectations, and makes Simon Cowell look like a twit. Mostly the latter.

The nominees are: '03 MG TF160, '00 Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus, '00 Daihatsu Sirion/Storia X4, '03 Mazda Axela 23s

...and the winner is:

fiat-coupe_green_19.jpg

The '00 Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus!

Michael Schumacher. Juan Manuel Fangio. Sebastian Vettel. Lewis Hamilton. These drivers have amassed multiple championships by being consistent throughout the course of a season, and better than the rest of the field a majority of the time. The Vanilla Ice Ice Baby Award is given to the GTPlanet member that best embodies the exact opposite of that, displaying a glimmer of hope only one lap at a time, per season.

The nominees are: JackRyanWMU, Draggon, Obelisk, RobboGTAddict

And the winner is:

In 2014, the world saw the global economy improve so much that the bottom 99% no longer mean anything. Corporate profits are still at an all-time high while wages are still stagnant if not falling. The Wall Street Journal Too-Big-To-Jail Award is given to the car that no one but the top 1% can afford, and because Santa also hates poor people.

The nominees are: '37 Auto Union V16 Type C Streamliner, '61 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corso, '62 Ferrari GTO, '70 Chaparral 2J

The winner is:

1962ferrari2.jpg

The '62 Ferrari GTO!

In 2008 the first GT Academy was held, and the day before the finals began, young Ted Thomas lost his life due to tragic and bizarre series of events. We honor Ted's memory each year by awarding the Grand Prize winner of GT Academy with a Red Helmet. This year we're also presenting a Ted Thomas Memorial Trophy to The Most Improved Driver over the course of the year.

...and the winner is:

262416.jpg

Draggon!

G_ASHER... went from being a DildoStig to a Draggon.

Before we finish the evening, we want to take this moment to flush. We've handled our fair share of fecal matter this year, and now it's time to crown the King Turd of dung pile. If the automotive industry has an anus, The Worst Car of the Year would surely be from it, likely in liquid form. Oh, and be sure to wash your hands. Twice.

The nominees are: '03 Chevrolet SSR, '94 Cizeta V16T, '70 Honda Z Act, '00 Chrysler PT Cruiser

The winner is:

honda-z-04.jpg

The '70 Honda Z Act!

Determination. Courage. Motivation. Concentration. The prestigious Driver of the Year Award requires none of these traits. Instead it's awarded purely on the recommendation of the other drivers, the ones who put their lives at absolutely no risk every week. These are the men and women that accept no for an answer. Mostly women.

The Driver of the Year is:

Each year we celebrate the Best New Member to join our ranks, as chosen by the other members of GTPlanet. It may be for their review style, their performance on the track, or maybe it's just the wit, charm and charisma that they've brought to our little slice of the community. All we know is that winner of the New Kids On The Block Award certainly have the right stuff.

And the winner is:

As the years go by, the competition on the track seems to get better and better. Sometimes, however, the competition between two drivers becomes so great that a rivalry ensues. Often times a race or two is all that is takes to settle any differences. Because of passion, over-competitiveness, or perhaps just a blind lust for vengeance, sometimes these drivers just can't let things go. The Ron Howard's Rush Award honors these combatants by celebrating the best rivalry between drivers throughout the year.

The nominees are: VicReign93 vs Everyone Else, VicReign93 vs. Tyres, VicReign93 vs. BaronBlitzRed, VicReign93 vs. McClarenDesign

And the winner is:

244983.jpg
VS
th

It's VicReign93 VS Tyres!

The clear winner here is GTAuto!!!

The day-to-day work that goes into this community-within-a-community isn't easy. Creating races, reading various posts and reviews, organizing players and promoting events, it all becomes overwhelming very fast. Every now and then inspiration comes along. Sometimes it is a post, a video, or even just hearing the sound of an exotic exhaust after work. The Whitney Houston-Before-Coke, Greatest Love of All Award for Community Service is given to those that help provide another reason why all of this work is absolutely worth it.

...and the winner is:

Finally, it's time to present this year's Car of the Year Award. This award is given to the car that exceeded expectations in all areas, including comfort and interior styling. This is the car that other cars want to be. Unlike the awards given by Motor Trend, this award hasn't been pre-purchased by the manufacturer, but instead chosen by the members of GTPlanet (after accepting enough money to air condition hell from the manufacturer).

The nominees are: '13 Ford Mustang Boss 302, '71 Ferrari 365 GTB4, '61 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto, and the '00 Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus

...and the 2016 GT Planet Beater or Sleeper Car of the Year is:

1961_Ferrari_250GTSWBSEFACHotRod1.jpg

The '61 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto!!!

Congrats to most of our winners... The Awards Academy is Under Investigation for numerous blatant violations as demonstrated above. Ok, maybe just one... but HOLY 🤬!!! Hopefully the bribes were enough to cover the defense lawyers that will be needed. Remember, these lawyers need to speak English, and not only Russian. See you in court!!!

Cheers

Well well, it was certainly a surprise to be picked for one award, but for two???? :eek: Thanks for the recognition guys! You guys are the reason I keep coming back for more, week after week!

2016 in review with Nismo...
2016 was the year I first started racing online. Having only just purchased GT6, I set about looking for a club to join, because it had always been my dream to be a part of a club. That sense of belonging was so appealing, I couldn't wait! I had already met @McClarenDesign through Google+, and he invited me to some race lobby he was running. The only condition was I had to buy five different Nissan Z's from various years. After buying, oil changing and painting the cars, I joined and had a go... (This was literally my first ever online racing experience.)

That's me in the orange! :D

I didn't stick around long, but a few weeks later I decided to join again in what I consider my first official COTW meet up. This was in the RUF 3400S, and during this meeting I remember well I was rushing with excitement. I wasn't racing robots anymore, I was racing real people, and this meant I had to fight for my placings. No more ramming into opponents at 200+km/h and pushing them into the grass! :lol: I started off right at the front, but sunk to around the middle, keeping close to McD and most of all trying to keep it clean. I was super careful not to dick it up on my first real COTW race!

I still got that 3400S, and I've hardly driven it since then. It probably hasn't turned a wheel since...

Looking back at the list of weeks gone by, I joined just as we were about to go into a beater-streak... the Starlet Glanza, the PT Cruiser, the Streamliner... Until eventually, we raced in the Isuzu Bellett GT-R. It was in that car, at the Matterhorn circuit, that I secured my first ever COTW victory! (Admittedly, the race was super laggy and I just happened to stay out of the action, but I'll still take that! I mothballed the car as a trophy... :sly:

Screenshot 2017-01-10 at 11.41.29 PM.png

By then, I knew I'd found what I'd been looking for, that sense of belonging, and that healthy competition, and I've been here ever since!

In all seriousness guys, in the space of a year I've gone from zero online experience to holding my own against some pretty damn quick drivers, and I doubt that would've happened if I hadn't found this club. So thanks so much for taking me under your wing, for helping me learn and refine my racecraft, and for the races we've had! Here's to another year of sorting the beaters from the sleepers, and some epic races while doing it! :cheers: Cheers everyone!

Before this post is concluded, I'd like to share some of my favourite moments of 2016...

Ascari Full Track_1.jpg

Week 115: A troll tried to stir things up (and failed in hilarious fashion)

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg

Week 116: Lotus lineup!

Mid-Field Raceway_2 (1).jpg

Week 120: Drag racing @Cowboy on the finish line at Mid-Field!

Tsukuba Circuit (3).jpg

Week 123: My first real taste of @Vic Reign93's mad drifting skills!

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_3.jpg

Week 128: This race goes down in history as my favourite race to date. Plenty of racers, great track, excellent car, and fierce competition!

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg

Week 129: Taking on @Baron Blitz Red on his home turf. A terrifying yet exhilarating showdown!

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_4 (1).jpg

Week 131: Paying tribute to one of COTW's veterans

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1 (2).jpg

Week 132: The week my GT6 bank account cried.... and cried... and cried.... and cried... :(

Eiger Nordwand Short Track_2 (1).jpg

Week 147: Jumping with @Draggon

Last edited:
The Awards Academy is Under Investigation for numerous blatant violations as demonstrated above. Ok, maybe just one... but HOLY 🤬!!! Hopefully the bribes were enough to cover the defense lawyers that will be needed. Remember, these lawyers need to speak English, and not only Russian. See you in court!

The results are inconclusive, no further action is warranted. The Academy is not responsible for the political actions of its electors and the mistakes they may make, comrade.

Wow, I humbly and gratefully accept my award :sly: I owe my progress to you guys-the great friends and competitors I've met here at COTW. When I first joined I was surprised at how fast you all were. I thought myself pretty good at the GT games, but quickly found out different. Practice makes perfect rings true, and while I still fall short, I can tell that I'm improving. At least now I can see @Vic Reign93 off in the distance after he's passed me...again...and thanks for the nomination @Baron Blitz Red, you know you're the guy I shoot for each week.

And yet, here I sit with a dusty and empty trophy shelf. :lol:

Good racing, fellas. Let's have another year of snark and competition! 👍

Edit: I think I have a Lusso. Either way, it's a fricking beater.

The results are inconclusive, no further action is warranted. The Academy is not responsible for the political actions of its electors and the mistakes they may make, comrade.

Sounds like you're fitting right in as the newest president of the Russian Olympic Committee... enjoy the perks while you still can! ;) BTW, any chance you can bring more of that cough syrup???

Cheers

Last edited:
Wow, Great year end post MCD, and great year end summary Nismo!

Feeling totally humbled by the Driver of the Year award, not so much for the award itself as for the COTW members who nominated this middle aged aspiring driver. The credit goes to all of you who have made me a better driver providing the place and talent to push my abilities to new heights!

Best wishes to all this coming year - lets go racin'!

As the recipient of the "Vanilla Ice-Ice Baby" award, I consider this recognition a high compliment from my fellow drivers....I think. I will continue to strive for mediocre finishes across the board only occasionally interrupted by the freak wins once enough racers have been hit by the "AGS Rule", or I just outright take out a far superior car against the week's pick, or a combination of both. Here's to another year of wild inconsistency!

In all seriousness though, I'm amazed at how much the competition keeps rising in this community. I feel sometimes like I've plateaued in skill level while everyone else just seems to be hitting new peaks. When I started doing this, finishing 15 seconds behind the leader would often be a podium. Now you almost have to finish within a second or two of the leader to achieve that. Even though we get more competitive, this group has continued to maintain a friendly and welcoming spirit to both backmarkers and freaks of nature alike. It's a major reason why we've been able to celebrate three years of driving and prognosticating.

Now in past years, this is where I've opined on why the car selected as "Worst Car of the Year" was incorrect, but I can't this year. You got it absolutely right with the Honda Z Act. However, I'm afraid you did get it wrong on "Best Car of the Year." I could write a very long and persuasive essay about why, but instead I'll just let a picture tell the story.

y3VU0tj.jpg

See you further up the road!

Last edited:
Even though I sadly cannot attest to whether the passo corto is worthy of the car of the year title, or beater or sleeper, I can say I do own a few relatives of it in another universe.

Screenshot-Original.png

In that universe, I love it. But we don't care about that universe.

Once again, I'm gonna try and stick around for the full year and put my 100% in to this series. Maybe even when I get my internet to a point where I can actually play online without interruption, I'll participate in some of these lobbies.

Here's to 2017, either way.

Back