Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

Worth every penny. Very enlightening read, which explain the car's glaring weaknesses very well.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Ive been thinking about doing a YouTube video series that goes through and chronicles the evolution of a make and model, from initial development up to current day production, using Gran Turismo (all of them, but primarily 3-6 for obvious reasons) as the background for the voice overs, and doing one car per episode. Talking about interesting factoids, technical specs, failures, and triumphs, and pointing out some interesting connections between other cars, maybe not even from the same brand, that people might not know about. A bit like an ultimate deep dive, but done in a fun and interesting way that appeals to the average GT player, and hopefully keeps people entertained.

I havent seen anyone do videos like that before, so i am kind of gauging interest. Might do a couple of pilot episodes, and go from there.

Fuji Speedway F.jpg
Mid-Field Raceway.jpg

I know its a week late and a dollar short, but here's my takes on the Z tribute. :D

So the Zonda C12S? Not the one I currently have, but will look nice next to my '99 C12. :P

Regarding the connection, If we all clear our system caches like 5-10 mins before the races, it might help a little.:)

If we all clear our system caches like 5-10 mins before the races, it might help a little.:)

How do we do that? :embarrassed:

Ive been thinking about doing a YouTube video series that goes through and chronicles the evolution of a make and model, from initial development up to current day production, using Gran Turismo (all of them, but primarily 3-6 for obvious reasons) as the background for the voice overs, and doing one car per episode. Talking about interesting factoids, technical specs, failures, and triumphs, and pointing out some interesting connections between other cars, maybe not even from the same brand, that people might not know about. A bit like an ultimate deep dive, but done in a fun and interesting way that appeals to the average GT player, and hopefully keeps people entertained.

Honestly, I get a kick out of watching and/or reading factual and historical documentaries, or reviews about cars. I remember as a kid, when the Focus first debuted, watching a documentary about it, it's design, it's goals, and the sort. I'd be very much interested in a video series like this. Hell, there's a video series that's quite like this, that doesn't touch on automobiles, but firearms and video games, usually a correlation between the two.

Any car that can top 170 mph on Mid-Field Raceways' front straight cannot, by definition, be called a beater. Or can it?

Pagani Zonda C12S '00

7.0L
543 hp / 5,500 rpm
553 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm
1,350 kg (2,976 lbs)
565 pp

78 hp/L
5.5 lbs/hp

The "lesser" Zonda C12 and "greater" C12S 7.3 both weigh 100 kg less than the C12S 7.0 at least in GT6.

The C12S is capable of 1:15's on Comfort Soft tires, perhaps 1:14 with a wheel.

It's 5 seconds quicker than the Honda NSX Type-R '02.

There's nothing really "wrong" with the car. It accelerates, brakes, and turns like most other MR supercars do.

I'd just rather drive the Honda NSX Type-R. It's faster in the corners and doesn't have me on the edge of my seat trying to keep it under control.

Maybe the Zonda is more relaxed with Sports tires. I haven't tried it.

There's nothing really "wrong" with the car. It accelerates, brakes, and turns like most other MR supercars do.

I'd just rather drive the Honda NSX Type-R. It's faster in the corners and doesn't have me on the edge of my seat trying to keep it under control.

Maybe the Zonda is more relaxed with Sports tires. I haven't tried it.

Well, I can understand that point, the Type-R is one of the (very) few MR cars that can work with Confort tires. But really, most high-powered MR cars struggle with anything less than Sports tires. Even in Sports tires, some can be a handful under certain conditions. I mean, I am not that crazy to the point of driving a Cizeta V16 with Confort tires, dear god no...

And perhaps I should bust out my Zonda and put Sports tires on it, to see for myself...

Oh wow, can't believe I slept through COTW, I had an alarm set and everything. :banghead:

Guess even the best alarm won't knock away your sleepy self. It's like R. Dorothy Wayneright (from Japanese animated series The Big O) once said:

"An alarm bell never makes you feel good." ;)

Also, I did a few laps with all three old Zonda (not counting the R for obvious reasons) around Monza. On Sports Hard tires, the original Zonda lags behind its more powerful brothers due to its less powerful engine. The actual COTW Zonda? I'll leave that open for you to guess...

Guess even the best alarm won't knock away your sleepy self. It's like R. Dorothy Wayneright (from Japanese animated series The Big O) once said:

"An alarm bell never makes you feel good." ;)

Also, I did a few laps with all three old Zonda (not counting the R for obvious reasons) around Monza. On Sports Hard tires, the original Zonda lags behind its more powerful brothers due to its less powerful engine. The actual COTW Zonda? I'll leave that open for you to guess...
The stupidly expensive one!(compared to the other two) :lol:

The stupidly expensive one!(compared to the other two) :lol:

Well, when you can keep up with an Enzo (i.e. having a gap of less than a second between the two), I'd say that's a bargain. Don't forget that an Enzo will set you back 1 million rubles (hurr durr Russian references).

Besides, you want to talk about expensive Zondas, why not talk about the whopping TWO MILLION CREDITS for a Zonda R? I know, it's an R, but seriously, that's twice the cost of a Veyron. How did the Zonda get so expensive? :lol:

Don't sleep on the original Zonda C12. It weighs 100 kg (220 lbs) less than the C12S, so around a tight track like Tsukuba, it may be faster or at least a lot closer.

I won't sleep on that, trust me. I've found the lighter Zondas (Original and 7.3) to be a bit more smooth than the heavier C12S. For twistier tracks, I am sure that the gap between the original Zonda and its beefier brothers would be smaller. Faster? Not quite sure that would happen; the O.G. Zonda's engine is less powerful and has an earlier rev limit (around 6000 rpm compared to the 7000-plus limit of the other Zondas). I don't think that the handling could compensate that. Of course, I could be wrong...

I know I've missed a few but here's a brief pick up from what I missed. My Fairlady of choice was the '02 Z33 Version S. I thought it drove well and with a little help from Jenny Craig it turned in to a good solid performer. I say neither a sleeper or a beater.

Last weeks Celica was disappointing. I really wanted to like it but it didn't perform like I thought it once did in days of GT past. Funny thing about how looks can be deceiving. The Pharcyde wrote a song about that, or more like a verse in a song. Beater.

So far I am really loving the Zonda and it loves comfort soft tires. I Wish I was a bit faster but after my inaugural race at Midfield I was able to put down a 1:19.991 on lap 5 of 5 laps. I could probably do better if I pulled my head out but that's all I have time for at the moment. :cheers:

Last edited:
Sorry for double posts but here's the review (i know i'm a bit late to this but better be late than never right?):

Our tonight guest is known for having a long rivalry with the yellow bulls and that they thought splitting the rear wing in half would be a improvement so lady's and gentleman please welcome the Pagani Zonda C125!

*Hugh Clapping sound*

So tonight i completed GT6 %100 on my new (current) account, i went to purchase the Zonda C125 for $450,040 and with more than 39 Million Credits i didn't had to worry about wasting this money one the car so i went and bought it.

So how does it preforms? to find out i went once again to Midfield Raceway, A historical track with many mid to high speed corners so speed and power is definitely my answer to this track.

(I guess you better skip this super immature review)

So here we go...... in.....3......2.......1..... POWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mid-Field Raceway_18 by toygtone21, on Flickr

MOARRR POWEEEERRRR!!!
Mid-Field Raceway_19 by toygtone21, on Flickr

I told Yo it would WORK!!

I'm passing everyone, i'm not just beating them, i'm humiliating them
Mid-Field Raceway_20 by toygtone21, on Flickr

Mid-Field Raceway_21 by toygtone21, on Flickr

Bloody hell that's really really quick!!

Mid-Field Raceway_22 by toygtone21, on Flickr

You Pagani call huayurarararaa Successor of me?? i call it the future failure....

So in a single lap i had gone from 12 to 5 and i keep overtaking cars and cars...

Mid-Field Raceway_23 by toygtone21, on Flickr

"Haha Eat my dust VIPER"

"Come on BRAKE ZONDA BRAKE NOW"

Mid-Field Raceway_24 by toygtone21, on Flickr

The car was really fun to drive, it's really a joy to drive and then and now it's starts to go sideways....

Mid-Field Raceway_25 by toygtone21, on Flickr

What a blast to drive that zonda, this is not a beater at all

OH wait a min so in the beginning of lap 4 i met my twin brother :)
Mid-Field Raceway_26 by toygtone21, on Flickr

"Hello, mind if we team up against that Ford GT in the first place?" then suddenly i forgot to brake until it's too late and ended up like this...

Mid-Field Raceway_27 by toygtone21, on Flickr

Ouch that's really hurts....Zonda help?? please?? why you do this to me why??? you Betrayed your own brother, you shall die now!

Mid-Field Raceway_28 by toygtone21, on Flickr

Mid-Field Raceway_29 by toygtone21, on Flickr

Huayra: Haha glad you've crashed, you deserve it after you disrespect me by calling me a failure
Me: please i'm sorry i need your help to beat my twi.......
Huayra: shut the hell up you stupid prick along with your ugly and Embarrassing spoiler...
Me: at least it's better than your ugly flappy so caled "Aero dynamic" spoiler

Mid-Field Raceway_30 by toygtone21, on Flickr

you would never be able to caught me up

------

oh no it's the final lap and i'm still in 3rd place, i need to puss my self really hard

Mid-Field Raceway_31 by toygtone21, on Flickr

Mid-Field Raceway_32 by toygtone21, on Flickr

You would never get away with you betrayer

Mid-Field Raceway_33 by toygtone21, on Flickr

NOOOO the Ford Passed the finish line, it's all your fault your dumb 🤬

Mid-Field Raceway_34 by toygtone21, on Flickr

and here we see desperate zonda after he lost the race....

-------------------------------------

Alright sorry for my worst child-ish immature review but i'm now going to do the real thing. The Zonda C12S is a pretty good Italian super car, it's really a blast to drive around and it's not slow at all IMO, i think it's really good car. The car does sometimes often oversteer if you put your foot down really hard on the pedals when you're turning around a corner. I tired to put Bob to drive this on the willow springs 20 mile race super event to see how could he do. While 2 Bugatti veyron had to pit in on the 3rd lap, i pitted in lap 4 along with the first (Ferrar enzo) and second place (aventador) i was 3rd for those who was asking, i became 13th in lap 5 but went back to 5th in lap 6. In lap 7 i bob reached to 2nd place and some how enzo is the first place even after he pitted with me in the same lap. My bob finished the race in the 2nd place, not bad, not bad at all.

jgVTlsJ.jpg

3BpPxOV.jpg

Is it a beater or sleeper? well like i said before i can't really say a super car with 570 BHP and monster looking car a sleeper car and it doesn't handles really good so i can't decided which one is it.

EDIT: Which color should i paint the Zonda? never mind here's mine:

c9LB8jsqWZvOUu4e_0.jpg

6eTLwlci0myoIR1RR2_0.jpg

Sadly standard quality made this car color looks odd because of some weird white-sliver lines around the edge.

Last edited:
Pull up your chairs, grab some popcorn, and sit tight, cause it's time for....

BAP_Shockz's Car of the Week Experience!

This time we take a look at...

the Pagani Zonda C12S 7.0 '00!

Remember that part last week where I said I made quite a few friends in Japan? Well, that paid off for me in more ways than one. A friend of mine, who is ridiculously rich has asked me to drive in his place at a track meet, a short 2 lap race around the incredible Twin Ring Motegi course. This meet would consist of wealthy drivers and their high performance cars, doing 3 laps around the highly technical and fast course. I was asked to drive in his position because he "felt too ill to drive any faster than 100mph".

......Fair enough. So what am I driving?

....This thing.
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course.jpg

I didn't even know you could get one of these in Japan. An old (15 years old already, can you believe it?) Pagani Zonda C12S, in pristine condition to boot. Would anyone actually say no to this? Doubt it. When I got to the course, I went to the pit garage it was in, and was handed the keys to it. Brilliant. Time to put this thing through its paces.

Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_1.jpg

A small burnout to warm the rear tires before the practice run.

Alright, specs. This car is powered by a Mercedes AMG 7.0-litre V12 engine, generating a mean 550 horsepower. It goes from 0-60 in 3.6 seconds, and on to a top speed of 207mph. It also sounds utterly marvelous, and glorious in it's own right.

Around the first corner, you start to realize what you've gotten yourself into. This car is a monster to drive. It's very composed and can take corners at good speed, but mess up your throttle control, your braking, or your steering, you'll end up sideways, or backwards, quite easily. This car punishes you for not getting it right, but in a sense, I don't really mind. It drives fantastically under control, and it powers out of corners like a mad bull.

After a series of practice runs, however, the other drivers would deem me unable to qualify, because I wasn't the proper owner of the car, and as such, they looked at me as if I have no place among them. I'll show them.

Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_2.jpg
"An Aventador is wasted in your hands, son."

9 cars to chase, 9 cars to overtake. I will not let some spoiled rich brats beat me, a driver, in a mere 3-lap race. It feels like the Zonda heard my plight, for it moves forward with such anger that it scares anyone in front of it. It always listened to what I did, and never once did it step out of line.

Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_3.jpg

"A TVR isn't even that expensive!"

Not even 2 laps into the race, I had already passed more than 3/4 of the field. Who's laughing now?

Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_4.jpg

Every corner was taken in confidence, the Zonda never once slipping.

Unfortunately, on the last lap, it started raining heavily. (I did watch the forecast, but thought nothing much of it.) Having to slow my pace down slightly in the rain wasn't a problem, however. If I had to do it, so will they. Even more so, in fact.

Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_5.jpg

Having easily passed the leading Audi R8 V10, I powered straight to the finish line, leaving all of them in my dust. That felt great. The Zonda never missed a beat the whole time.

So what do I think about this car? I love it. I absolutely adore it. It punishes you for being a bad driver, while at the same time, it's simply sublime to drive well. The fact that this car is already 15 years old is just testament to how fantastic this car is. It's a supercar, and prohibitively expensive, so I can't call it a sleeper, but it's by no means a beater.

Overall score: 9/10

Great reviews as always gentlemen!

One thing I'm really enjoying out of this Zonda is running it on comfort softs. I just can't get over it. You can really put the power down with confidence and make it round the track with little to no drama. Yes you need to be mindful of your inputs and when you are, you'll be happier than a slinky on an escalator.

One thing is for sure, this car made me realize what it feels like to overdrive a car. I've heard the term used before but never really noticed until now. Up until this point I thought I was missing so much more when it dawned on me that I was trying too hard. Cheers Zonda, you got me.

Sleeper :).

You Pagani call huayurarararaa Successor of me?? i call it the future failure....
"Haha Eat my dust VIPER"
"An Aventador is wasted in your hands, son."
"A TVR isn't even that expensive!"
Never knew that Zondas take lessons in the degree of "Insulting your opponent in a race" from a Celica.
Although it still seems they are begginers. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back