317 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm
1,500 kg (3,307 lbs)
458 PP

Max specs:

489 hp / 7,000 rpm
443 ft-lb / 5,000 rpm
1,235 kg (2,723 lbs)
542 PP

At Mid-Field, on Comfort Softs, it can achieve lap times in the 1:22 range.

Comparable cars:

1:22.587 - Lotus Evora '09
1:22.673 - Mercedes Benz C 63 AMG '08
1:22.687 - Tommykaira ZZ-S '00
1:22.732 - Nissan Skyline GT-R M•spec Nür (R34) '02
1:22.888 - BMW M3 '04
1:22.931 - SRT Charger SRT8 '11
1:22.978 - Isuzu 4200R '89
1:23.240 - Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
1:23.309 - Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) '99
1:23.427 - Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (C4) '96

Faster than a R34 Skyline? Not bad for a 1980's concept car with a fax machine. Not bad at all, in fact. What do you think of the handling, Suzuka?

I'd say it handles somewhere between the Evora and Esprit. The Esprit has a powerful V8, while the Evora has a modern chassis and suspension much more capable of dialing out most of the oversteer.

...I drive much better than I articulate thoughts :boggled:

It's a great MR, one they should have brought to market.

I'd say it handles somewhere between the Evora and Esprit. The Esprit has a powerful V8, while the Evora has a modern chassis and suspension much more capable of dialing out most of the oversteer.

...I drive much better than I articulate thoughts :boggled:

Nah, don't worry, I got your point (or at least I think I did, anyways); the 4200R has the Espirit's power, but it isn't quite the same delivery. And when it comes to handling, it's a tad bit less sudden in its oversteer than the Espirit (famed for its snap oversteer-esque delivery), which is surprising considering that the Isuzu is far older than the Evora.

See? It ain't that hard when you know what you're doing... ;)

Since GT5, this is my first driving this Isuzu in GT6.

Felt heavy heavy at first, it needs to gather some momentum before getting to the fun part... This car is quite pleasurable to drive...

Been busy these past few days, got to take only a few shots:

Sorry for these rather plain shots, i got no time, nor any kind of photographic post processing skills:

Apricot%20Hill%20Raceway_3-X2.jpg

Apricot%20Hill%20Raceway_6-X2.jpg

Apricot%20Hill%20Raceway_7-X2.jpg

practical 4 door sport sedan ?
Ahead of the RX-8 concept !?
Apricot%20Hill%20Raceway_1-X2.jpg

This car is definitely under-appreciated...

To my surprise, this is a premium ! Nice.
I didnt remember...
I got some catch up to do.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does this picture make the rear of the car look like it should be the front of the car? Just stare at it for a minute, and turn the driver around 180 degrees. Can't tell if it's coming or going!

That would almost work, but then you'd have to suspend your belief because of the vents on the hood. Those kinda give it away that that area is the front hood. If the hood didn't have those vents, it would work better.

Is it just me or does this picture make the rear of the car look like it should be the front of the car? Just stare at it for a minute, and turn the driver around 180 degrees. Can't tell if it's coming or going!
THANK YOU !
I couldnt quite explain it myself, i made an unsuccessful attempt to describe it to McClaren, but you put it best!

"Yo Dawg!! I heard you like cars, so i put one on top of the other for you!"

You are absolutely right @SuzukaStar i totally see what you see!

This car has two fronts:
- One that look sorta like a rounded Mclaren F1
- And the other like a regular sport sedan

It is like those unfortunate siamese twins with melted body parts.

Cannot unseen.

EDIT: it is because the rear window is so slanted... if only it was more upright and shorter, then it wouldnt be so confusing! LOL

Who knows maybe there is another driver on the other side facing the other direction and faxing each other to say where they want to go? Cant tell from that photo angle... i must find out ;)

EDIT 2: thats why i wanted to add a "rear"spoiler to lessen and to break this "long hood" effect (or long tail), but cant... must be that they cant figure out which end to put it on...

Last edited:
Tokyo Drifting Dreams...

25nvsoX.jpg

There are dreams and there are concepts. Some are combined and brought to fruition, and some are forgotten. This concept car is not really forgotten thanks to Gran Turismo, but the dream is long over for the trucking company's sports car.

No matter what some people insist on calling it, (cough cough @McClarenDesign) the Isuzu 4200R concept is something we can all enjoy in the virtual world. Well, at the very least, I did. So pack up the kids, cause this midship sports car can handle 4 people if you include the 2 little ones. Cause little ones are people too. Pretty cool!

lKJjiJH.jpg

So for something completely different, I did up my 4200R in a funky GT Polarized 010-P paint job which I thought would be fairly unique for this one of a kind car. But looking at the replays for the night's racing, I might not have been alone in that line of thinking. With it's distinctive styling, it suited quite a number of colour combo's. I was quite taken by @McClarenDesign's red chrome (I have GT6 15th anniversary edition and you don't get that paint Baron) version, as well as @Vic Reign93's Wraith special homage paint job, along with some other notable stunners.

7LN5RyE.jpg

There's not too much to complain about the V8 powered MR futuristic looking sports car except that it was not to be. The GM/Lotus/Isuzu effort has the handling, the power and the looks to capture attention, and driving it was a lot of fun. My only concern was on Bathurst's uphill section, where an AT player like myself found 2nd and 3rd gears a little long... but hey, that's a test for most cars. All in all, an enjoyable ride and one that was nice to come back to racing with after an unexpected break. And since it's been shown in previous posts to hang with real Lotus cars, oh ya, the 4200R gets a Sleeper rating from me.

Cheers

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I won't be active these 2 weeks. Have a lot of stuff on my plate at the moment, plus I'm working on the weekends.

Will try to rejoin once the dust has settled. Peace :D

Anyone for some retro Vectra, circa GT4? (Is it retro or vintage?)

you can go back and review previous cars, post pics, tunes or just your thoughts and observations. The thread is not limited to the specific week's car.

Alright then since i haven't reviewed the Caldina, i'll test the car........ in GT4 because my brother are currently playing on the PS3.

(i'll not review the car in GT4, i'm just testing the car in that game).

Last edited:
The Isuzu 4200R 'Wratih Edition'.

A concept car that was the sports car of the future for Isuzu, sadly like the 3.5 V12 powered Como Concept, it never saw production and that's a shame.

It had potential, a mid mounted 4.2 V8 making over 300hp and driven to the rear wheels via a 5 speed manual.

And it had a Fax machine in the front. :dunce:
Yes, an actual Fax machine, did I mention this concept car was made in the 80's? :P

Now thanks to the world of racing games, we can drive this once forgotten concept ourselves and I'm happy to say it lives up to all the pontential that went into it.

The great minds at Lotus help develop the 4200R's handling and despite the engine being mid mounted, it had a perfect 50-50 weight distribution which meant cornering was brilliant.

The only real compliant that came up was for the guys using AT as 3rd and 4th gears were a bit too long, it's not marriage embarrassingly long as the Caterham Fireblade's gearbox :sly:, but I can see why it might be an small issue for them.

Aside from that, this 4200R is a very fun car to drive and is grossly underused online, which makes it a brillant Sleeper. ;)

Verdict? Sleeper 👍

Last edited:
One-on-one with Marcus, at least for a few shots. Then I'm hoping to skate with the rest of the team, too. I'll have more details as the time gets closer. How f'n cool is that!?!?!?!

It's not everyday you go head to head against an F1 driver playing Hockey. (that's a sentence I never thought I type :D)

The fact that they considered the offer itself is already impressive, but to accept it as well?!

That's a team I'll happliy back until the cows come home, which could be tomorrow as they'll want their cowbells back. :lol:

On the subject of Le Mans, my tyres were still in good shape, my main worry was saving fuel over lap 1 and 2 so I could go flat out to the end.

Back