Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

It's quiet a bit offtopic but how can I participate in your COTW meets/races?

Join early. Our weekly races are starting to get popular, so get in while there's time. Just message me on the PSN (McClarenDesign) and I'll get you the room number.

BTW, last night was fun as hell. Really looking forward to recording them tonight.

Also that race at Eiger G-Trail is painful on the engine. I could almost hear it crying in agony trying to go uphill.

There was a point coming up to the final lap where me and @JackRyanWMU were having a side by side drag race for the lead at a living-life-on-the-edge 28mph.

I then sorely lost said drag race as soon as I had to change into 2nd gear.

I was wondering why you suddenly dropped like a stone there, thought you must have run out of battery charge.

So yes, my third win on the COTW circuit, but I think I paid for it the very next race in the 'Dome. It seemed like I was getting targeted a lot by the "chaos cars". :scared:

You weren't the only one. :P

@McClarenDesign pretty much set a price on my head before the 'Thunder Dome' battle so I had to rely on the "5 D's of Dodgeball" to survive. :lol:

I'll get a full write up later on, but I can safely say that last night was the most entertaining in a long time on GT6. 👍

My favorite part of the derby was @Baron Blitz Red in the Nissan Leaf. Any impact with that thing sent my little Insight soaring across the track! :lol:

Well the idea popped in my head when searching for suitable hybrid competitors and I noticed that it was almost double the weight of the Insight. Hmmm, I said... this would be like a tank!!! Hehehehe!

Cheers

@McClarenDesign pretty much set a price on my head before the 'Thunder Dome' battle so I had to rely on the "5 D's of Dodgeball" to survive. :lol:

I'll get a full write up later on, but I can safely say that last night was the most entertaining in a long time on GT6. 👍

I think everyone that did have a win that night or didn't use the 99 Insight had a target that last one. I'm pretty sure that my car went faster after the finish than it did at any point during the race. The Honda puns we came up with were hilarious too.

Edit: I also think it's quite funny how early @McClarenDesign gave up and started running backward.

Last edited:
Big thanks to everyone here that keeps this thread entertaining and ongoing.

No, thank you for creating said thread, where we can be entertaining and where we can speak about the thing that we all have in common; the passion for cars. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for a Sauber-loving, 'Murican guy called Brad, who came up with this idea about driving unknown cars. Here's a toast to ya, bud. You deserve it. :cheers:

I think everyone that did have a win that night or didn't use the 99 Insight had a target that last one. I'm pretty sure that my car went faster after the finish than it did at any point during the race. The Honda puns we came up with were hilarious too.

Looks like my tendency to make Bad/Cringeworthy Puns is starting to rub off on some people. :D

As for the Leaf, upon reflection was a very good choice. I was following it and it just freight trained through the traffic and having all its Torque available from 0rpm combined with its heavy weight made it tough to avoid.

Even bigger thanks to you for giving us a reason to race cars, trade quips, make dark topical jokes and generally have fun at 4am on a Wednesday morning. :lol:

You put this all together, Me and everyone else is happy to be part of it. :cheers:

Sorry I missed it. I caught the plague at went to sleep early.

Hope you feel better. Last night was quite fun and we did some offroad races with the Insight and typical circuit races but for the bonus race was the thunder dome. Quite similar to last week with the Mazda 2s. Also it was a packed room with all 16 places filled with people. Hope you can join this coming weeks race.

I'm really looking forward to next week's COTW 👍

It can only get better from here!

....Right?

You'd think so, right? However... boys and girls... we need to have a talk. Yeah, one of those talks...

No, thank you for creating said thread, where we can be entertaining and where we can speak about the thing that we all have in common; the passion for cars. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for a Sauber-loving, 'Murican guy called Brad, who came up with this idea about driving unknown cars. Here's a toast to ya, bud. You deserve it. :cheers:

Full disclosure, this wasn't my idea. Credit to @Turismo.M.G! , who I think now goes by the name @Soyuz 77 , am I right? I just took over the idea after the thread died in GT5. Thanks to all of you, I'm ready to continue the tradition in GT7 (start saving to upgrade now).

Edit: I also think it's quite funny how early @McClarenDesign gave up and started running backward.

My strategy died on the first lap along with my pride. After that, I had to take someone with me down into the pits of hell.

So, the bad news is that Sunday we're gonna have our "special talk", but the good news is that last night's races are uploading now and should be available within a few hours, AND it was recorded using HDMI (f yo HDCP, darkness) and it looks amazing compared to my other videos. I have a sample posted on my channel page in the GT6 videos section if you can't wait until then, plus a list of the parts I picked up to record with HDMI.

So, the bad news is that Sunday we're gonna have our "special talk", but the good news is that last night's races are uploading now and should be available within a few hours, AND it was recorded using HDMI (f yo HDCP, darkness) and it looks amazing compared to my other videos. I have a sample posted on my channel page in the GT6 videos section if you can't wait until then, plus a list of the parts I picked up to record with HDMI.

Looking forward to it.

I'd like to thank you too, for creating a thread where everyone can look forward to some healthy and friendly discussion, and also have a great amount of fun, day in day out. This is quite possibly, my favorite thread in all of GTPlanet right now, and I'd hate to leave.

.....College starts on the 10th of June for me though, so I'm not sure how often I'll be able to go online, if ever for the next 2 and a half years.

I then sorely lost said drag race as soon as I had to change into 2nd gear.

I think I was in 1st for all of the uphill sections since the car just gave up while shifting into 2nd. I had to bounce on the limiter at 30mph throughout the whole ordeal.

I also think it's quite funny how early @McClarenDesign gave up and started running backward.

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm innocent.

You had it coming. That last pun was terrible. You also passed too many cars. Sadly, everyone failed to prevent you from winning. Don't think I've forgotten this.

"Wangan Insight"... You are right when you speak about bad puns, really. :lol:

Full disclosure, this wasn't my idea. Credit to @Turismo.M.G! , who I think now goes by the name @Soyuz 77 , am I right? I just took over the idea after the thread died in GT5. Thanks to all of you, I'm ready to continue the tradition in GT7 (start saving to upgrade now).

Well, even though you weren't its creator, you still were the one who revived it. You are the Raiden (the one from Mortal Kombat, not the one from MGS) of the COTW thread, because you weren't happy with the current plot and started the whole thing from scratch. And we are your loyal underlings, or maybe not... I dunno, these comparisons can go wrong then done badly. :lol:

But really, you've been doing a great job keeping this insane boat afloat, and that's what matters.

Latest Posts

Back