beginners guide

• Thread starter Kano Manel
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
London
Hi there, can anyone recommend a begginers guide for GT SPort? Seems absolutely different to GT6 and 5 (closer to 5 imo). I don't play Gran turismo for a long time and I'm lost.

I don't know of an actual guide to GT Sport, but you've come to the right place. Pretty much everything you would want to know is in these forums. It's easy to search for answers and a supportive and knowledgable community to ask if you can't find an answer.

Not exactly sure what you are looking for, but similar to previous games, I'd start with the Driving Tests, Missions, and Circuit Experience to get a feel for the game. Do at least 26.2 miles every day to get a free car. A lot of the focus is on Sport Mode, but Lobby races might be a friendlier way to get used to racing online.

I'm not sure about the "friendlier" aspect of the lobbies. It seems, at least in my experience, a lot of folks in the lobbies love to run you off of the track whenever they get a chance since there is no real penalty. If you can find a lobby where people want to really race and hone their skills then I support that idea. But other than that, great advice given.

Keith.

I'm not sure about the "friendlier" aspect of the lobbies. It seems, at least in my experience, a lot of folks in the lobbies love to run you off of the track whenever they get a chance since there is no real penalty. If you can find a lobby where people want to really race and hone their skills then I support that idea. But other than that, great advice given.

Keith.

I definitely have more difficult experiences in lobbies. Groups of friends that respect each other, but when it’s me trying to overtake it’s “blocking and wall appreciation time”.

To the OP, they are right, this is the best place to have questions! Feel free to look for your answers here, and ask people around. There’s always someone willing to help.

Maybe I was wrong about lobbies. I don't race much in lobbies, but figured people would get less upset with a beginner making mistakes there since it doesn't hurt DR/SR. I always thought the worst driving was found in the first handful of races when you start with E ratings.

Maybe I was wrong about lobbies. I don't race much in lobbies, but figured people would get less upset with a beginner making mistakes there since it doesn't hurt DR/SR. I always thought the worst driving was found in the first handful of races when you start with E ratings.

From my experience, singular incidences can devolve into ridiculous grudge matches in lobby races. Since you're grouped with the same drivers for each race, everyone has a long memory and pissing off one driver can ruin every single race from then on. The aggravating part is when somebody pits themselves by turning in on you but then proceeds to get you kicked from the lobby since they all know each other and you're the stranger.

Back