Best and Worst Le Mans Race Car in GT5 ?

• Thread starter The piston
  • 106 comments
Well if you're driving Circuit de la Sarthe I'd say the best is probably the GT-One, or overall on any track I'd go with the Bentley. In reality it depends highly on driving style.

I'd say that my favorites are the Peugeot 905 and the 908 HDi FAPs.

But the Mazda 787B has an amazing sound, as others have noted. :)

I think the Bently would have to be my favourite for LM.
The worst, I can't really think of anything that bad but maybe the Vertigo as it's not even close to the others.

I love the Bentley, it's just great to drive.
I don't know if the Citroen is "LM" but that is by far the worst I've tried for a "race car".

For me it is the Audi R8 race car '01 & '05 and then the truly epic Toyota TS020.

For the GT class I love driving the CLK-LM '98

Worse , most disappointing has to be the Audi R10.

The best has to be the Mazda 787B. My god...that sound is amazingly addicting. The 908 HDi FAP is a nice ride too, but that engine note is awfully sad comparing a maxed out 922hp is coming out of it. The R10 is the worst I guess; I've never driven one but it seems geared toward efficiency rather than top speed.

GT_Prologue5The R10 is the worst I guess; I've never driven one but it seems geared toward efficiency rather than top speed.

It may feel lame in a game, but that's how they came in 1st, 2nd and 3rd last year at Le Mans, while all four 908 went up in flames.

i love my Mazda 787B!

i already have a few LM cars, but i really want the Bentley, Audi R8, Sauber C9, Nissan R390 and Toyota GT1 :). together with the mazda and my Minolta Race car my favourite LM Cars :)

I got the Zonda LM yesterday and it was amazing, one of my favourites along with the 787B and R8 01'

The worst has got to be the C60 Pug, sorry it is shocking compared to the other LMP's and pesceralo's.

Best: Toyota GT-One, Nissan R92CP, Sauber Mercedes C9, Mazda 787B, Peugeot 908 HDi FAP

Worst: Pretty much what everyone else is saying.

Last edited:
I stand corrected. Of course, I wanted to say that the R 15 Plus was geared towards efficiency rather than top-speed :)

Best: Audi R8 '01, Audi R10 '06, Peugoet 908 HDI. I don't have the R10 yet but after seeing Truth in 24 I love it because it pioneered LMP's as we know it.
Worst: Minolta-sorry but I don't like how it drives or looks,

Is this the list of Cars we a discussing?

Group C Race Cars
S Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car ‘88
P/S Mazda 787B Race Car ‘91
S Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car ‘89
S Nissan R89C Race Car ‘89
S Nissan R92CP Race Car ‘92
S Peugeot 905 Race Car ‘92
S Toyota MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V Race Car ‘89

LMP (LeMans Prototypes)
S Audi R8 Race Car ‘01
S Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) ‘05
P Audi R10 TDI Race Car ‘06
S Bentley Speed 8 Race Car ‘03
S BMW V12 LMR Race Car ‘99
S Pescarolo Sport Courage C60 – Peugeot Race Car ‘03
S Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo C60 Hybride – Judd Race car ‘05
S Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo-Courage – Judd GV5 Race Car ‘04
S Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) ‘99

From: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=159182

If this is the list of eligible cars, then I'll go with the Mazda 787 as the best; and the Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06, and my least favorite.
The Mazda for it's sound and "drivability"
The Audi R10 doesn't compare with it's R8 brother.

Latest Posts

Back