Best and Worst Le Mans Race Car in GT5 ?

• Thread starter The piston
  • 106 comments
BEST:Pescarolo Courage Hybride c60 Judd Race Car
managed to top the 440 km/h with a turbo stage 3 and full downforce
WORST:Gillet Vertigo why?? Powerless, braking distance of a fckng mile

Auraxir
BEST:Pescarolo Courage Hybride c60 Judd Race Car
managed to top the 440 km/h with a turbo stage 3 and full downforce
WORST:Gillet Vertigo why?? Powerless, braking distance of a fckng mile

The Vertigo isn't actually an LMP, it's a GT car, and I think I read that PD put the wrong weight/HP for it too.

Best: Even though I like C60 hybride, the Jag XJR9 is the better LMP
Worst: R10, no brainer.

..if you read above you will find the Audi is the only LMP that is close in game to real life, All the others are on testerone/boosted power.
The 908 power is fairly accurate too. I hate the inflated power figures:grumpy:

Best : Mazda 787b, BMW V12 LMR, Nissan R89 and 92CP, Peugeot 905 and my daily use
Peugeot 908 HDI FAP
Worst:Audi R10 TDI. Probably in my opinion is the handling. The handling is really bad.

The 908 power is fairly accurate too. I hate the inflated power figures:grumpy:

Correct, If PD acurately applied the fuel consumption/BHP values I feel everyone would be aplauding the R10 and 908.

Can't say I really dislike any of the LMP/GTP cars, though if pushed I'd probably nominate the BMW LMR as my least favourite. I've got all of them except the Bentley, I really enjoy driving the 905, though it isn't the fastest it's easy to throw around and really drive it hard. I love the power of the two Nissan Group C cars, the sound of the Mazda, and the cornering and torque on the 908.

Why is everyone hating on the Audi R10 TDI? In reality it is probably the closest to real life of all the LMP's/Group C's. The car was designed for Endurance - not raw speed like the others. And because it's a Diesel too, it doesn't have as much BHP as the Petrol powered Group C's, so PDI were very close to it's real brother.

Personally, I think most people dislike it because of it's lack of accelration and raw speed, but remember, that's how the real car drives.

My only complaint about the R10 TDI is it looks 'Plasticy', if y'know what I mean.

Back on topic.. I hate none of the LMP's or Group C's. Not even the Vertigo, despite it's braking distance..

How is the Vertigo an LMP/Group C car anyway? I've seen it lumped together with them a lot, did PD include it in the online classes?

As far as I can tell It's a race-designed stripped-down version of a road car, not a scratch-built prototype. With obviously less power(and I'd assume some more weight) it competed for years in GT racing. Seems a lot more akin to the McLaren F1 GTR than the Sauber C9.

And it sounds brutal enough to make up for its braking.

How is the Vertigo an LMP/Group C car anyway? I've seen it lumped together with them a lot, did PD include it in the online classes?

As far as I can tell It's a race-designed stripped-down version of a road car, not a scratch-built prototype. With obviously less power(and I'd assume some more weight) it competed for years in GT racing. Seems a lot more akin to the McLaren F1 GTR than the Sauber C9.

And it sounds brutal enough to make up for its braking.

THe Vertigo is one of the most inaccurate power/weighted cars in the game. It's a GT car that should compete against the Corvette, Viper, M3 etc.

Even the M3 being less power then the corvette is off.. and the Viper destroying the corvette is also wrong. I really dislike the imbalance of the GT cars in this game. Seems like PD threw any random numbers into their specs.

Love: Toyota GT-One. Been a favourite of mine since Gran Turismo 3, and since I watched the TS020 race round Le Mans when I was 6/7. Just feels brilliant to drive fast.

Hate: Audi R10 TDi. It's a common hatred, it appears, on this thread. I see why. The handling is disgraceful.

It may feel lame in a game, but that's how they came in 1st, 2nd and 3rd last year at Le Mans, while all four 908 went up in flames.

even Audi they won Le Mans, Peugeot won EVERY other ILMC event that year and also won the qualifying for Le Mans last year. just saying.

Is this the list of Cars we a discussing?

Group C Race Cars
S Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car ‘88
P/S Mazda 787B Race Car ‘91
S Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car ‘89
S Nissan R89C Race Car ‘89
S Nissan R92CP Race Car ‘92
S Peugeot 905 Race Car ‘92
S Toyota MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V Race Car ‘89

LMP (LeMans Prototypes)
S Audi R8 Race Car ‘01
S Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) ‘05
P Audi R10 TDI Race Car ‘06
S Bentley Speed 8 Race Car ‘03
S BMW V12 LMR Race Car ‘99
S Pescarolo Sport Courage C60 – Peugeot Race Car ‘03
S Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo C60 Hybride – Judd Race car ‘05
S Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo-Courage – Judd GV5 Race Car ‘04
S Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) ‘99
P Peugeot 908 HDi FAP '09
S Mercedez-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98
S Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98

This is the list we are talking about.

the yellow/silver Audi R8 consistently wins against the others with equal drivers, i personally like the GT-ONE and R92

Yep, in the Le Mans and Nurburgring, the Audi R8 is always the winner (After me of course) but that's because the likes of Nissan R92, Sauber C9, Minolta and R89 don't participate in them in those races A or B-spec.

However in "Gran Turismo All Stars" event Audi R8 always loses against the 4 cars I listed above.

So yeah if we go by AI driving:

Nissan R92, Minolta Toyota, Sauber C9 and Nissan R89 are the best Le Mans cars there is.
I personally think the same, however without aids, both these two Nissans are hard o the throttle but I can still handle them pretty well.
The best overall for me is the Sauber C9.

Worst is definitely the Nissan R390, is always behind all the cars in the list. Then it comes the Audi R10, and from there on all cars seem even. Except that the top tier ones are definitely the 4 ones I stated and the Audi R8, Jaguar XJR-9 and the Pescarolo Hybrid. These are the top tier ones. The 787B is the best after all these but it's definitely the one with the best sound IMO.

Toyota GT-ONE is always behind (AI driving it) most of the cars in the List. Only the R10, R390, CLK-GTR are the only ones that he wins over to. I don't know why so many people think it's best when it clearly isn't. It's probably the most favourited but not the best. The top tiers that I mentioned eat the GT-ONE for breakfeast. It's the best Top Speed car but it's not the best in a track, far from it.

Nonetheless my personal opinion goes for the Sauber C9 as it was the car I did the best time in Suzuka among all these (didn't drive some like the R390, the R10, the 908 but that's because I didn't need it because by their specs they were clearly not among the best).

This is the list we are talking about.

Yep, in the Le Mans and Nurburgring, the Audi R8 is always the winner (After me of course) but that's because the likes of Nissan R92, Sauber C9, Minolta and R89 don't participate in them in those races A or B-spec.

However in "Gran Turismo All Stars" event Audi R8 always loses against the 4 cars I listed above.

So yeah if we go by AI driving:

Nissan R92, Minolta Toyota, Sauber C9 and Nissan R89 are the best Le Mans cars there is.
I personally think the same, however without aids, both these two Nissans are hard o the throttle but I can still handle them pretty well.
The best overall for me is the Sauber C9.

Worst is definitely the Nissan R390, is always behind all the cars in the list. Then it comes the Audi R10, and from there on all cars seem even. Except that the top tier ones are definitely the 4 ones I stated and the Audi R8, Jaguar XJR-9 and the Pescarolo Hybrid. These are the top tier ones. The 787B is the best after all these but it's definitely the one with the best sound IMO.

Toyota GT-ONE is always behind (AI driving it) most of the cars in the List. Only the R10, R390, CLK-GTR are the only ones that he wins over to. I don't know why so many people think it's best when it clearly isn't. It's probably the most favourited but not the best. The top tiers that I mentioned eat the GT-ONE for breakfeast. It's the best Top Speed car but it's not the best in a track, far from it.

Nonetheless my personal opinion goes for the Sauber C9 as it was the car I did the best time in Suzuka among all these (didn't drive some like the R390, the R10, the 908 but that's because I didn't need it because by their specs they were clearly not among the best).

R390 is a GT car not an LMP.. isn't it?

R390 is a GT car not an LMP.. isn't it?

GT1 cars were considered as Prototypes in the late 90's, as they were modified so much.

If you have ever heard of the Dauer 962 Le Mans run by Porsche, you may know what I'm on about. Or the the Porsche 911 GT1 for that matter.

GT1 cars were considered as Prototypes in the late 90's, as they were modified so much.

If you have ever heard of the Dauer 962 Le Mans run by Porsche, you may know what I'm on about. Or the the Porsche 911 GT1 for that matter.

Wouldn't the Panoz and Mclaren fall into that category.

Back