Best and Worst Le Mans Race Car in GT5 ?

• Thread starter The piston
  • 106 comments
Best: Mazda 787B, Sauber Mercedes C9, Nissan R92CP, Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V, Audi R8, Bentley Speed 8, BMW V12 LMR, Toyota GT-ONE. Lap times are so close on most courses.

Worst: Out of the ones I've driven, Jaguar XJR-9. It's good but seems to corner slightly slower than the above cars.

I haven't tried the Gillet Vertigo because of the remarks about it, and soon I'll own the R10, Pescarolo Sport Courage C60 and Peugeot 908.

I'd say the Bentley Speed 8 is the best LM car in the game :)

Now, for the worst... I can only think of the R390 GT1... :dunce:

I'm getting the R390 GT1 Race Car soon and I can't wait. The Road Car version is truly awesome. Before I considered the Nissan R92CP and Sauber Mercedes C9 to be the best, however I just got the R89C and now I consider it to be #1. I'm going to take every one of my LMP cars to Nordschleife and report back...

Last edited:
Are we counting anything LM? Or just the proper prototypeish stuff? Either way, my faves are the 908, for its obscure deisel sound, the 787B for its idle, and the Toyota GT-one, for sweet memories of the road version in GT3.
If we count road lm cars, to me the worst is easily the s2000, the power bant just seems totally unuseable, and the Mercedes CLK GTR, but only because i havent got it to do backflips while randomly drafting toyotas. Yet. :sly:

Best : Audi R8 Race Car ‘01, Mazda 787B Race Car ‘91 (for the amazing sound), Toyota MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V Race Car ‘89

Worst : Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04

Best group C: Minolta, Sauber, R89c, R92cp (any of them could be the best if tuned to full potential)
Best LMP: Audi R8 (end of discussion), GTONE is second best, third is Bentley
Worst Group C: Jaguar XJR (either premium or standard) and throw in the 787b. Also 905 is average when compared the other group C cars
Worst LMP: R10 and all of the Pescarolos (yes all), the 908 HDI is fairly average along with the Team Oreca R8 '05, Bentley is a little above average, and BMW V12 is a little below average

Thats all of the cars

But this is just purely performance, people posting are putting up cars just because they "sound good" :indiff:

Last edited:
Personally I think mazda 787b, peugeot 908, 905 minolta and c9 are the best but then I don't have all of them so I'm sure there's other good ones out there.

The game can't really account for or replicate the advantages that the diesels provide in real life. Only the disadvantages come through in the game. I had high hopes for the R10. But I think I would have to say my favorites are the 787B, Minolta 88C-V, and the Bentley Speed 8.

The game can't really account for or replicate the advantages that the diesels provide in real life. Only the disadvantages come through in the game.

It's actually a two-pronged issue. There is the problem with how the diesel advantages in fuel mileage and the like aren't modeled correctly, but more problematic is that the Audi R10 is the only LMP in the game that has specifications that are fairly accurate to real life (the one in the game has power roughly in the middle between the race and qualifying trims).

All of the other ones are inflated to imaginary power and torque numbers, so all of the other ones destroy the Audi when they race it.

My favorites are the Toyota GT1 and the R92 CP. I get good tire wear on both and they are very fast. But I usually race the 908 because I can replace it whenever I want.

The 905 and 908 are the worst LM cars
Best are the Nissan R92CP, Jaguar, Gt-One, and probably the Pescarolo, and Sauber

I think the Bently would have to be my favourite for LM.
The worst, I can't really think of anything that bad but maybe the Vertigo as it's not even close to the others.

The Bentley speed 8 is also my favourite one as the british green suits very decently with the body and appearance of the vehicle, and in connection with that, the Mazda 787B is also close to the taste of my liking for its briliant rotary sound and for fame that it is the only Japanese machine that won the Le Mans in 1991, although the top speed is lower than modern LMP classified machines in commission with the races.

The Vertigo looks far inferior to others but its response of acceleration is still amazing compared to them and F1s. :)

The best has to be the Mazda 787B. My god...that sound is amazingly addicting. The 908 HDi FAP is a nice ride too, but that engine note is awfully sad comparing a maxed out 922hp is coming out of it. The R10 is the worst I guess; I've never driven one but it seems geared toward efficiency rather than top speed.

The reason I hate the 908 is because the rev counter and rev limiter in that vehicle isn't taste.

C60 Hybride on Sarthe gets my vote.

If you say the worst is the Vertigo your comparing Apples with Bananas.
The Vertigo is a Belgian-GT car => no LMP/LM/Group C car this Thread is about.

It sure has amazing specs and is very fast if you keep it in the class where it belongs.
And the acceleration is soo insane.
Maybe post a note in the first post or Title: "Vertigo is no eligable answer !"

Back to topic:
Best: Peugeot 905, BMW V12 LMR, Mazda 787B
Worst: Audi R10

The Audi is just a PD fail. 5 gears ?? comon PD I´m sure it had/has 6 of them. And I can´t tune it the right way.
Look at the Ride Height settings it has stock respectively how you can adjust them.
Totally crazy.

The others (my best) are just pure driving perfection.

R10 has 5 gears because the real one has 5 gears (and they considered 4 gears at one point....).

I like the 787B and the GT-One a lot. But so far, I don't dislike any of them. I haven't driven every single one unfortunately, but I'm getting there.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

im sorry but your all wrong the best cars were in the hay day of le mans (the 60's) so the best cars are
the ferrari 340 P4 67
the ford MKIV 67
and the Jag XJ13 66
as well as the gt40 race car 69
the worst well there all good but the above are the best

Worst: Audi R10 TDi
Best: Peugeot 905, I know it's not the fastest, but it makes driving so enjoyable and smooth.

I have every LMP, Group C and LM racers so I'm just saying my opinion.

The jag xj13 can not be considered one of the best when it NEVER raced..
Worst/Most disappointing- R10 tdi
My favorite- GT-One

Last edited:
the yellow/silver Audi R8 consistently wins against the others with equal drivers, i personally like the GT-ONE and R92

Here's my thoughts...
Personal favorites c60 hybride, audi r8 and the pescarolo gv5
least favorites r10 and 905

gv5 has a great sound to it i think. The R8 is probably one of the easiest to drive, and the hybride is insane at 1047 hp. I personally don't like the 905 because of the higher rpm level.

Back