Best Bagel Flavour?

• Thread starter Joel
  • 70 comments

What is the best bagel flavour?

• Total voters
TB
I've never had a cinnamon raisin bagel but that's because raisins suck.

Especially in cookies.

Whoever invented the oatmeal raisin "cookie" needs to be brutally punished!

Get this man a cookie for speaking the truest words ever spoken. Just make sure there's no raisins in it.

Cinnamon Raisin...is this some sick joke? Other, as in Jalapeno Cheese
You are all tasteless heathens.

If I wanted my bagel to be sweet, I would get a donut.

Otherwise, I'll take a sesame bagel with lox, chive, or vegetable cream cheese. Poppyseed would probably be the second option.

@ROAD_DOGG33J A cinnamon raisin bagel is sweet without being as sweet or sugary as a donut, though. I can eat one or two as a snack without feeling like it classifies as a dessert.

You are all tasteless heathens.

Fight me bro

If I wanted my bagel to be sweet, I would get a donut.

Otherwise, I'll take a sesame bagel with lox, chive, or vegetable cream cheese. Poppyseed would probably be the second option.

And this logic. Bagels fall in the same line of breakfast as biscuits, toast, English muffins and such. All of these things have the option to be sweet, but as a default aren't. They're usually attached to a hardy breakfast as to where all the sweeter things are not.
@ROAD_DOGG33J A cinnamon raisin bagel is sweet without being as sweet or sugary as a donut, though. I can eat one or two as a snack without feeling like it classifies as a dessert.

I don't know any sane being with the ability of simple categorization that would label donuts a desert. It's just a breakfast option that is sweet, like me being a grown man and still loving Captain Crunch. Or people who eat, pancakes, crepes, waffles, fruit pies, muffins, coffee cakes, and on and on.

Raisin Cinnamon is just a lazy cop out of, "I want something that isn't good for me and sweet, but healthy and for some reason not in a muffin of the same degree"

Last edited:
Pizza bagel isn't in the poll?

That's not a real bagel...

Unless you mean the actual topping of pizza ingredients on a plain bagel not the frozen cardboard things. Which wouldn't be something added anyways, cause it'd be like adding every possible spread for a bagel to the poll as well. It asked favorite bagel, not favorite bagel and spread.

Tim Horton's does a really taste maple cinnamon french toast one. But it's practically a dessert. There's an awesome jalepeno & cheddar option for breakfast sandwiches, but that's a ton of salt.

Out of the more traditional ones, I'm torn between cinammon+raisin, blueberry, and sesame seed. I hate raisins too — grapes should either stay as grapes, or be turned into wine — but it just works in bagel form.

Runny eggs?
Eating one right now with the yolk precariously over the middle. It goes to the bottom facing end of the bagel. (Edit: the side opposite where you bite from)
The bread usually absorbs.

It's also amazing.
IMG_20170305_190730936_HDR.jpg

Back