Poll: What is your favorite type of pizza?

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 138 comments

What is your favorite type of pizza?

• Plain Jane (just sauce and cheese)

• Chicago Style (Deep Dish, lots of sauce)

• Sicilian Style (Square shaped, thick crust)

• Meat Lovers (plain pizza with bacon, sausage, or other meat on top)

• White (no sauce, ricotta and mozzarella cheese)

• Buffalo Chicken (mozzarella cheese, buffalo sauce, chicken)

• Margherita (fresh mozzarella, basil on top)

• Hawaiian Style (Ham and pineapple on top)

• Pepperoni (plain pizza with pepperoni on top)

• Vegan Pizza (no cheese or imitation cheese used)

• New York Style (plain pizza with extra thin crust)

• Vegetable Pizza (usually topped with broccoli, olives, peppers, mushrooms)

• Other (please specify)

• Pizza Bagel

• Quattro Formaggi (extra cheese, many different types used)

• Frutti di Mare (topped with shrimp, mussels, and other seafood)

• Breakfast Pizza (scrambled eggs, ham bacon, and cheddar cheese)

• Baked Ziti Pizza

• Salad Pizza (topped with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, dressing)

• French Bread (plain pizza made on a slice of french bread)

• School Cafeteria Pizza (thin crust, rectangular, very inexpensive)

• Scottish Crunch (deep-fried pizza)

• Greek Style (topped with feta and kalamata olives)

• Stuffed Crust

Results are only viewable after voting.

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
In light of the Bagel thread, I am making a poll about how other members like their pizza, which is one of my favorite foods. So, the question is: what kind of pizza is your favorite?

I regularly eat white pizza with ham from an Italian place up the road. They call it a white fucaccia but I don't know what that means.

I don't like tomatos so unless the sauce is completely puréed I order pizza without sauce, usually with pepperoni, salami, ham or some other meat on top.

Strangely, as I type this I'm eating yesterday's pizza for breakfast. It's from a chain restaurant which I eat pizza from about twice a year so it's odd that I should see this thread while eating a pizza I'm not super keen on.

Also, pineapples don't belong on pizza.

School Cafeteria Pizza. Hands down, the number one option for fine pizza choice.

---

Actually, my favorite doesn't have a name as such, I just bake a loaf of bread with cheese and pepperoni in it, then cover the slices with sauce, cheese, and more pepperoni.

When I make it again I'll try to remember to take pictures.

Other as in multiple, you can't just have one favorite pizza, that's not possible. Am I suppose to have one favorite kool-aid flavor?

I haven't had it, but the breakfast pizza sounds delicious. It's also close to one of my favorites. There was a restaurant that offered a personal (small) dish pizza using eggs. The crust was a bit lighter and more buttery than a traditional pizza. I added pepperoni and green peppers. It was the perfect combination of breakfast and pizza. Not too long after I had it, they stopped putting it on the menu. Eventually the place closed down. :(

Other than that, I like pepperoni with green peppers or an assortment of vegetables on thin to very thin crust.

As far as pizza toppings go I would say that a pizza without chilli, whether dry flaked, chopped, whole, roasted, fresh, chipotle or whatever isn't complete. The hotter the better.

ALL THE MEATS -
"Lamb henry" style pizza...
Dolphin and Sweetcorn a close second place.

Last edited:
Voted for Other.
As far as I know Tuna isn't a topping option in America, but here in Germany it's one of the most favourite ones. Thought I only like mine with pineapple on it as well, otherwise it's to "dry" for me.

Dough, sauce, cheese or mozzarella or 4 different cheeses. What can I say, I like cheese.

Say cheeeeessseee.

A pizza slice with only cheese makes a nice snack.

However, a pizza with a carefully selected combination of vegetables that compliment the base cheese has become a favourite though.

I remember having some pizza at Boston Pizza one time. I distinguishably remember it not having any meat on it. Tasted incredible. I hadn't realized a pizza could taste so great without meat.

That's when I grew an appreciation for meatless pizza, and now I don't care if pizzas I have now do or don't have meat.

My two usuals are either sausage and black olives or garbage* (pepperoni, sausage, black olives, green pepper, mushroom and sometimes red onion).

Bacon Cheeseburger.

Bacon, Hamburger and cheese.

(Can add your own other things)

Also no one picked school pizza?? Hmm. I would choose that too.

Where my Margherita boys at?

Another one of my favorites is Neapolitan-style deep-fried pizza, aka "calzone", stuffed with ricotta and pecorino cheese, ham, and pepper. Diavola (basically spicy pepperoni pizza) is good as well.

Usually pepperoni if it'll be deep dish or NY style. Quite partial to Neapolitan style pizzas as well, actually I'm craving one from Franco Manca at the moment. Never tried a true Chicago style but it sounds good to me in theory.

I'll happily eat Hawaiian pizza too, but I've never picked one over a pepperoni pizza/other kind of topping.

Sweet Chilli Chicken Pizza is my favourite, it's not on the list but pretty mainstream over here. We also have Chicken Tikka Pizza's!

I also like a Vegetarian one now and then.

Latest Posts

Back