Poll: What is your favorite type of pizza?

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 138 comments

What is your favorite type of pizza?

• Plain Jane (just sauce and cheese)

• Chicago Style (Deep Dish, lots of sauce)

• Sicilian Style (Square shaped, thick crust)

• Meat Lovers (plain pizza with bacon, sausage, or other meat on top)

• White (no sauce, ricotta and mozzarella cheese)

• Buffalo Chicken (mozzarella cheese, buffalo sauce, chicken)

• Margherita (fresh mozzarella, basil on top)

• Hawaiian Style (Ham and pineapple on top)

• Pepperoni (plain pizza with pepperoni on top)

• Vegan Pizza (no cheese or imitation cheese used)

• New York Style (plain pizza with extra thin crust)

• Vegetable Pizza (usually topped with broccoli, olives, peppers, mushrooms)

• Other (please specify)

• Pizza Bagel

• Quattro Formaggi (extra cheese, many different types used)

• Frutti di Mare (topped with shrimp, mussels, and other seafood)

• Breakfast Pizza (scrambled eggs, ham bacon, and cheddar cheese)

• Baked Ziti Pizza

• Salad Pizza (topped with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, dressing)

• French Bread (plain pizza made on a slice of french bread)

• School Cafeteria Pizza (thin crust, rectangular, very inexpensive)

• Scottish Crunch (deep-fried pizza)

• Greek Style (topped with feta and kalamata olives)

• Stuffed Crust

Results are only viewable after voting.
Buffalo chicken all the way.

Also, side note, anyone that likes pineapple on their pizza.. you're dead to me. :P

I had pepperoni, ham and mushroom on a pizza last night from a place that offers toppings such as "normal" chicken and somehow halal salami.
sketch-1489239880432.png

My own homemade pizza of course. Made in a cast iron frying pan, no rolling or tossing of the dough. Whole grain crust infused with rosemary or herbs of your choice. Perfect crust every time:
GAaqcUZ3CpwNnkOLmh4hWZH4k0feTcW95SHPlIx4KCbak3oKlrNMGegtsNlITAk1m-gz7ceTmKwRRbmHD3t7I6xHvuJsedkKb7E1Ilk0jlgJLvjljcI30Jcg69y0vBAS8atfKWkdouKwmQx74TtslUVS7zSZAoKXJLnjnwIkJHaCuQvf--4eI17FpbFv8P8O5hyrBcTy1sFHR3uKb_MphFDjg74Z6xkhWvHFw6rQlg8X63DNinV0AO8c-j9umZT8VrMWfzaqwuJT-XgUUyUeLKAMUTQ5obbnfquusyhM7Lxyb8L8QNLM-RTLCrcZ71nIBx641n_wOXmC2LKqAIpUUCZC0Fzn7wjAB3H8vfTFuNWlLeRCIUd3R-OLTCpXdDkBAvhYlpKFKTdEFW1kPuWNptvk7smlF50vv8meIFO0b0I50QElII-WekXaUCb-su1zWJOsQYdQG-OrFTwPCTQCp_eY-N24cbm4FT4Q-ib2tSRf1H7IiuE2ni9dCFmOiwTRseieXt0JCtDRhmLGhkh85wN6R_VnbeoPDBEZ5C4z42eUh8YM0ETmfCNbQCiKUW7e5pOoTpszZoPXXPofmqAQ3qfII6fUIRbQ851Vkd4FbWwZFehFa_t9=w1656-h931-no

SqAfkkxlS2DpkZzNBrgoYO1DI0tT7iIj9HDHEQiPCxDMkU63BSlHGCTUyvHYCQ_X2242q9EnQ31qzcPrLWpCOxiPLchGdAIJ1vfKEqdcb5QXgYkFDExY74kW6HMX5pugiFIOoqgqEd5BvFrQ6X4vaXwObhl10TIjg84brNuYobI79F8OqSAi7aNZYnoQpjDJ2sJQBsg99EtPbGUuQ1SNSXw36V4b7j_uVstjVU5dg1NQ57RQWBHVMVYxXyeyfaplfH-w5MN08POAARoK5-n_X08FsGEtSJ-cEhDaKwMw8ZDH0dtXwTp_PsylaCR4FoF7n_BUEzAgRHnQlgwh7eqlX4Vh_XXxtXOg3mRWuQJxCwcraZOZR60s5NJ1qDcyRRtzBQyumYikz9A9BmYqoJJP0YF3G3sxJG5hIAjczEXg2Pz94Rk6m9vMVOaLvf_IjVZHtyyd0a3zLBjEFkznvKqnYFcL_zVO_sEbWNLuHid6EI327QxezphzL3hWedtgNnmVI_-wYMUlp1KZWQBA-NU1lF_T0PLJHuWChJBSpWB89-djc-QSi8l60JEMKxVOpa6Y2xqwM5QBUAXMPbgs8iyC1dHfAn65nm8gC-Tdw32ohso3rpkx=w1656-h931-no

when I was a little drunk.

Alcohol - definitely not halal.

Pizza is always better with ham, no doubts about it, so not having ham for the sake of religion makes me even happier that I'm not Jewish, Muslim or any other religion, especially one without beer and pork.

Alcohol - definitely not halal.

Pizza is always better with ham, no doubts about it, so not having ham for the sake of religion makes me even happier that I'm not Jewish, Muslim or any other religion, especially one without beer and pork.
I thought beer + pork + pizza was a religion all by itself. I know when I finally sit down a with good brew and a nice pie the words, "Thank God" usually come to mind:sly:

Sicilian thick crust is what is traditionally the most popular where I'm from and my favorite. I love the corner pieces.

There is a chain out here in Canada, Panago, that does a great Canadian pizza. Instead of mushrooms, I always get mine with banana peppers and extra bacon.

****'s money man.

I love Hawaiian style, but there's soo much hate for pineapple on pizza these days.
For me fruit doesn't belong on a pizza. Not a fan of fruit mixed with either meat or veggies really. I'd tolerate it to be polite but where there's an option, no dice.

Jet's in the US is about the only Hawaiian pizza I'll do. Thick stuff. But it's seriously good. No almonds cause almonds on pizza makes less sense than a fruit on one.

What, wait, why? WHY?! Who on Earth thought that was a good idea?! Strawberries on pizza already sounds disgusting, and it looks disgusting! I bet it tastes disgusting too!

I mean, I know people have different opinions and all, but come on.

I wonder; is a margherita the first and original pizza?
I heard a while ago that the topping was named and created by a local Baker in honour of an Italian princess or queen who was visiting a particular region of Italy (possibly Napoli?). The white mozzarella, red tomatoes and green herbs represented the Italian flag. The story goes that pizza in some form already existed before this. I never looked into whether or not the story was true.

Edit:
It looks like it's a well known story but not a true one.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/0/20515123

Last edited:
Back