Best car an strategy to win the 700Pp Le Man's 8 laps with weather changing race?

• Thread starter Mirror_man
  • 136 comments
Portugal
Seixal
zefthebestofcour
Hi guys!
Please may we have an hint about which is the best car and tyre/pit strategy to win the 8 Laps to Le Man's race for 700pp cars, and earn the 550.000 cr??
Please!!

I used the x2014 junior with racing hards. Didn't need to pit or refuel. The rain was very only minor and comes and go's (barely went about the first notch on the rain meter and if you zoom the weather map out the fatherest you can actually predict the rain quite well. Although there might be rng in rain and I got lucky) . Became a bit hairy with fuel so I just switched to lean 6 towards the end and back to 1 when it was clear I had enough fuel for the final lap. Finished 2 minutes ahead of everyone

Last edited:
I used the x2014 junior with racing hards. Didn't need to pit or refuel. The rain was very only minor and comes and go's (barely went about the first notch on the rain meter and if you zoom the weather map out the fatherest you can actually predict the rain quite well. Although there might be rng inThanks mate
Thanks, mate! :)

I used the x2014 junior with racing hards. Didn't need to pit or refuel. The rain was very only minor and comes and go's (barely went about the first notch on the rain meter and if you zoom the weather map out the fatherest you can actually predict the rain quite well. Although there might be rng in rain and I got lucky) . Became a bit hairy with fuel so I just switched to lean 6 towards the end and back to 1 when it was clear I had enough fuel for the final lap. Finished 2 minutes ahead of everyone
Thanks for the tip. I also used the same car and added Wets Heavy (just to be safe), and even with 2-3 spins, I finished 1st easily, with 1.5 minutes to the second place car. I love La Sarthe, and it's not super difficult of a track, so this will be my new grind.

Thanks for the tip. I also used the same car and added Wets Heavy (just to be safe), and even with 2-3 spins, I finished 1st easily, with 1.5 minutes to the second place car. I love La Sarthe, and it's not super difficult of a track, so this will be my new grind.
Meant to say added Wets Heavy, along with a pit stop at the end of the 2nd lap (rain comes on lap 3-4, and then starts to dry up for laps 5-6-7.

Meant to say added Wets Heavy, along with a pit stop at the end of the 2nd lap (rain comes on lap 3-4, and then starts to dry up for laps 5-6-7.
At least I think the best lap to change tires may be the end of 3rd and not the 2nd, and probably add more 1,5 laps of fuel .. probably... No??

Swift Sport Group 4 with a big turbo. Can use the fuel maps to make the tank last 4 laps and RH tyres with a swap at the stop just to make sure. It was a more 'fun' option hence the turbo!

I've run it twice and found the rain different for both. Second running in the GT86 Group 4 had much worse rain and AI crashing off in places.

RedBull 2019 2 Rounds RH without saving Fuel.. full Power , end of Lap 2 Pit and full Rain Tires.. Fuel Safe Mode to 3-4 for 3 Rounds Stint. End of Round 5 Pit and RH low or no Fuel Safe if you can get the rest Distance.

Last edited:
I found it the biggest problem is not the skill of driving because you will nail 1st place in first lap anyway. It is actually quite weird that if you want to finish it as close to 30 minutes you will want the race to end before lap 6, and ideal strategy is to wait at the finish line till the clock is over. However in my attempts I found everytime the AI is really close to my ass at lap 6 when clock has more than 1 minute left. So I will have to do another lap and waste another 4 minutes

First time out in x2014 Junior, 1st place no trouble. 2nd time out in x2014 Junior - rain absolutely bucketed down, car all over the place. Ended up backwards on the track, unable to turn, with AI also crashing into one another and off the track. Yellow flag. Absolute mayhem! Finished 6th. Not one for a regular 'grind' IMHO - due to the unpredictable weather.

Did it on the gr3 mazda. Pitted twice, first to change for IM, second to change for RH again. Had to do an extra lap for 2 seconds (36 seconds gap to p2, 38 seconds race time). It was weird that from p3 down they didn’t do the extra lap. Is this how it works irl when you haven’t been lapped but cross the line after the leader starts his last lap?

It's an enjoyable grind for me. Red Bull Jr with RH in the beginning, pit end of lap 2, get Heavy Wets and fuel, then pit again end of lap 5, get RH tires and no fuel, and off I go. Very easy and no stress, which is important for grinding. But I still enjoy looking at the scenery around me on the long straights! I've watched the real 24 race several times and it's my favorite track.

Regarding time penalties, I do get them in this race from time to time, and I know where I went 'over the line'. But I do it sometimes to avoid hitting another car and messing up my Clean Race Bonus. But because the race is quite easy to win, getting a time penalty or two is completely negligible in the grand scheme of things.

And I know it's listed as an 8-lap race, but I've never had to go past 7 laps. And like someone else mentioned earlier, I want to see if I can do it in 6 laps with a bit of creativity.

Swift Sport GR.4, 2 stop, lap 3 and 6, went RM-IM-RM with a splash of fuel at the 2nd stop. Won by 45 seconds and did 7 laps.

Having tried this race, I think most of the comments in this thread probably relate to an AI difficulty other than hard, which is fair enough if people just want to get the credits. For just getting credits, though, I'd recommend the Tokyo race instead, as the payout is the same, it takes a little less time, and you don't have the random weather variation.

This Le Mans race shows up some limitations of the weather radar and accelerated time, in that weather that shows up on the radar, even when fully zoomed out, can have a dramatic impact on race conditions within the lap, you can't really react to the radar because it's too late once it has appeared on there.

Well, I detuned the 911 RSR, went with mixture at 5 and still got to first place easily in the second lap. Made my pitstop at lap four, changed tires (started with hards), refueled enough to make 3 more laps and just drove carefully when the shower came and made the track wet for the last two laps.

The AI is VERY slow and will stop more than once for tires (dry to wets, wets to dry). Won with more than 35 seconds gap, even tiptoeing my way around La Sarthe in the last two laps with slicks. Found it fairly easy, I wish the weather wasn't scripted.

Edit: Well, apparently it isn't :confused:

Last edited:
Focus RS, 1370kg, 488hp, full tuned
lap 1-2 RM with fuel map to 3
Lap 3-4-5 IM with fuel map to 6
Lap 6 RM with fuel map to 1
Then just wait in front of the finish line until the time go out and cross it

What I've personally done is use the Ford GT40 mk.IV (bought it some time ago from the legendary car dealership when you could still get 1 mil and 750k per hour), set the aero to the lowest level (this should give you something like 695 pp or similar from the starting 708) and just cruised to victory, it was quite easy and won with more than one minute.

Swift Sport GR.4, 2 stop, lap 3 and 6, went RM-IM-RM with a splash of fuel at the 2nd stop. Won by 45 seconds and did 7 laps.

Having tried this race, I think most of the comments in this thread probably relate to an AI difficulty other than hard, which is fair enough if people just want to get the credits. For just getting credits, though, I'd recommend the Tokyo race instead, as the payout is the same, it takes a little less time, and you don't have the random weather variation.

Hard difficulty here. Perhaps you think wrong 😉. It's not a particularly difficult game on the hardest difficulty. Only the high chili races offer any real challenge.

Hard difficulty here. Perhaps you think wrong 😉. It's not a particularly difficult game on the hardest difficulty. Only the high chili races offer any real challenge.
I said most, not all. The Swift Gr.4 is undoubtedly going to be genuinely good for this race. Even so, I suspect you got lucky with something that happened in the race to win by such a big margin with 2 stops. Each stop costs about 40 seconds, so to win by 45 seconds, you'd need to be 85 seconds quicker than someone just scraping a win with one stop. I just won against hard AI with the Lambo VGT, doing a one stop, and only won by 8 seconds with a fastest lap of 4:11. Having said that, I'd have won by more if I hadn't run out of fuel on the 4th lap and had to crawl to the pits. I'll give it another try to see just how much I can win by.

Edit: Okay, won against hard AI by 77 seconds with the Lambo VGT (raise to max ride height to get it below 700 PP). The stops don't actually cost as much as I'd thought, looks like more like 25 seconds, so I can believe a 2nd stop is pretty neutral if you've had to go onto IM or W, and it dries out for the last couple of laps. I did 30:12 for the 7 laps, so almost got onto an 8th lap, but conditions were dry all the way.

As an aside, this latest update is so much better. Doing this one 30 minute race has mostly recovered the cost of the Lambo VGT, i.e. I could now afford to buy another 1m credit car to try the race again with. This is exactly how it should have been from the start.

Last edited:
First time out in x2014 Junior, 1st place no trouble. 2nd time out in x2014 Junior - rain absolutely bucketed down, car all over the place. Ended up backwards on the track, unable to turn, with AI also crashing into one another and off the track. Yellow flag. Absolute mayhem! Finished 6th. Not one for a regular 'grind' IMHO - due to the unpredictable weather.
Not worth the hassle imo.
I prefer to do the World Touring Car 800 Sardegna Road Track A 15 laps($485K) with the CLK-LM as it's easier and a guaranteed win, with about 40-50 odd seconds ahead of 2nd place.I find fm 4 to be the sweet spot without making too many pit stops.

Last edited:
Good point
I keep wondering what difficulty settings these guys are using. I have been normal but some racing is close and others are 20+ second wins after taking first on 2nd of 5 laps.

Did this yesterday. Used my Nissan S15 Gr4 car with big turbo. Did some fuel saving, pitted for Inters as required, stayed out on them one 'extra' lap once the track started drying so I could pit a lap later and not need worry about fuel till the end. RH back on. Saved on fuel everywhere for two reasons: 1) just to be safe; 2) was so far ahead at that point it didn't matter.

Won by over a minute in the Gr4 car.

Supra GT500 '97 seems much better than the x2014 Junior TBH. First two laps with 1 lean setting, swap to heavy wets and lean 5, two more laps then switch to race hard and lean 1 again for the last two laps. Timer runs out just before the finishing line on lap 6. This was with a heavy downpour which largely incapacitated the other cars though (except the Viper)!

Ferrari 458 Gr.4 tuned just below 700 – pit at the end of lap three, change to Intermediate Tyres, then save gas to ride it out for an easy 20+ second win. The real difficulty is the hideous aquaplaning that'll catch you by surprise. Fun race nonetheless.

Ford GTE and GT Spec II gr. 3's both work great. The Radical and BAC cars can both do it pretty handily. I'm trying the GT Mark IV next assuming I can get it down to 700pp. Any car that is under 2625lb with around 375-400hp can do it, the lower the weight and better fuel economy the better. Best bet as far as strategy is to run it at full fuel sip for the first half of lap 1 to get up into 5th, then knock it down to lean 4-5 so that you can make it 4 laps before pitting. If it's going to rain you should know by the end of lap three.
Then just run around a 4 on the fuel map the rest of the race and you should win by 15-60sec depending on the car you choose. I've still not figured out a way to go either slow enough to avoid the 7th lap or fast enough to get the timer to end before the 6th is up. (or maybe it's the 8th... I always end up between 31:30 and 32:30, running 4:32's on average due to fuel saving)

Edit: It's 6 laps, not 7/8. Also I just ran it in the RX-7 FD (normal road car) medium turbo, racing muffler/manifold/full computer/race transmission + brakes. Full Custom suspension but I didn't even adjust it. weight reduction stage 2. LSD at 11/8/28. Front splitter and wing for aero, both set at about 75% max. Got 2nd but it was only because I didn't have intermediate tires. Tried to pit on the last lap to go back to RH's but that ridiculously long pit time killed me. Ended up closing the gap to 5sec since road cars can murder the gr.4's on the long straights, but it wasn't quite enough. Had I just stayed on the full wet tires I probably would have won by 25sec or more. 2nd with CRD still payed 495k, so that's still pretty good and it was a close, fun race.

So I'd say it's safe to assume any road car that handles well at 650-700pp will have no problems getting a win here. The gr. 3 road cars are probably very easy wins as well. Which makes the re-playability of this race enormous and quite profitable, trying to find the lowest pp car/setup that can still get a win. Sardega Road WTC 800 might be the more profitable race/hr since it takes ~20min for 727.5k vs 32min for 875k in this race, but they both pay well enough that it's efficient either way. Need to try WTC 600 as well, but man I hate the Tokyo course...

Last edited:
Back