Best car an strategy to win the 700Pp Le Man's 8 laps with weather changing race?

• Thread starter Mirror_man
  • 136 comments
Done this twice now with a 458. The first race was on RH I stayed on these throughout and pitted for fuel after 19 minutes. Managed to stay out in front throughout the wet .
2nd race same initial strategy, the rain came after 11 minutes, when I was halfway down Mulsanne, while I was a minute in front. Couldnt manage to go faster than 60mph, then all of a sudden the Swift appeared pulled out a 90 second lead by the time I made it to the pits, went to wets, and finished 30 seconds behind.
It's annoying the forecast isn't very precise, either before the race or during .

Use the Alpine VGT road car. I use it detuned to 699 PP and I always win with a 60 to 90 second lead. It reaches over 304 km/h on the straights easily topping the Gr3 cars by 35 km/h, it has excellent cornering stability even in the wet and its fuel mileage is 3+ laps without using any lean settings.

Try it out, you'll be absolutely amazed. No other car I have tried comes even close to it.

I have also won it several times with my tuned TVR Cerbera and my tuned Lamborghini GT 00'. Its not a very hard race unless you screw up with the tires.

Last edited:
Try it out, you'll be absolutely amazed. No other car I have tried comes even close to it.
Try the Aston Martin VGT. I saw 207mph, 333kph, with it, and it might have been even higher at other times when I wasn't looking at the speed. Note that the power peaks at low rpm, so you want to shift right at the start of the red bar, or even before any red appears on it. I'll give the Alpine VGT a try, though, I was already considering it as my next purchase.

Try the Aston Martin VGT. I saw 207mph, 333kph, with it, and it might have been even higher at other times when I wasn't looking at the speed. Note that the power peaks at low rpm, so you want to shift right at the start of the red bar, or even before any red appears on it. I'll give the Alpine VGT a try, though, I was already considering it as my next purchase.
Is its fuel mileage comparable to the Alpine VGT? So far I have found VERY few cars that can do 3 laps without using any lean settings. Pitting is super important on this race since the blasted Suzuki Swift Gr4 will only pit once during the ENTIRE race. The swift has totally unfair fuel mileage in other races too, 30 minutes Laguna Seca it wont pit AT ALL! :mad:

Last edited:
Is its fuel mileage comparable to the Alpine VGT?
I haven't tried the Alpine yet, though I will. I had to use a higher fuel map for the 4 lap stint, but think I did the last 3 laps on map 1. You can see my lap times here:

Edit: Just tried the Alpine VGT. It's definitely very good but I still had to use map 2-3 to complete a 4 lap stint, so I'd say it's similar to the AM VGT for fuel. I completed the race in pretty wet conditions in 30:57, doing 3 laps RH then 4 laps IM. It's nowhere near the pace of the AM VGT where I did 28:44 for 7 laps, but might be similar to the Lambo VGT, where I did 30:07 for 7 laps but had much drier conditions.

Last edited:
Alot
It can't do 4 laps without fuel saving, so yes. While it's an interesting aside to discuss cars that can scrape a win, it's not really answering the OP's question, as it's not remotely close to being the BEST car for the race when it's several minutes slower for total race time than other options.

The Red Bull Junior has been mentioned by several people, and it's also able to win, but again is much much slower for total race time than some other options.
It's kind of nuanced as to what is "best". If you're looking for shortest overall race time, you want a slower car so that you only have to run 6 laps, in which case it'll be a tighter race. Gr. 4 and de-tuned Gr. 3's seem best for this. If you want the quickest LAP times, you're going to run 7 laps, even 8 if you're really quick and/or you have to pit 3x due to two separate rain storms. I just made an "NSX-R" with the '02 NSX and was running quick enough I had to do 8 laps, so while my lap times were some of the quickest I've had in this event, my overall race time was 34min as opposed to the 32min I usually have.

If you're looking for shortest overall race time, you want a slower car so that you only have to run 6 laps, in which case it'll be a tighter race. Gr. 4 and de-tuned Gr. 3's seem best for this. If you want the quickest LAP times, you're going to run 7 laps, even 8 if you're really quick and/or you have to pit 3x due to two separate rain storms. I just made an "NSX-R" with the '02 NSX and was running quick enough I had to do 8 laps, so while my lap times were some of the quickest I've had in this event, my overall race time was 34min as opposed to the 32min I usually have.
You can only win with 6 laps if you're running against easier AI. The hard AI does 7 laps in the 30 minutes, so you have to also do 7 laps to win. You don't have to do 8 laps, so any car that can complete 7 laps before 30 mins means you can just park up before the finish line and cross it just after 30 mins.

You can only win with 6 laps if you're running against easier AI. The hard AI does 7 laps in the 30 minutes, so you have to also do 7 laps to win. You don't have to do 8 laps, so any car that can complete 7 laps before 30 mins means you can just park up before the finish line and cross it just after 30 mins.
I'm on hard and can do 6 laps with slower vehicles like gr. 4 cars. 7-8 with faster vehicles. Maybe my AI is broken, lol

It can't do 4 laps without fuel saving, so yes.
But you don't have to? Just 3+3+1, or one stop if heavy rain hits and then you can save fuel if you wanna go that route.

But I'll leave this be, if people really wanna use OP cars when you can simply turn down the difficulty, then the Megane is what seems OP.

It's an enjoyable grind for me. Red Bull Jr with RH in the beginning, pit end of lap 2, get Heavy Wets and fuel, then pit again end of lap 5, get RH tires and no fuel, and off I go. Very easy and no stress, which is important for grinding. But I still enjoy looking at the scenery around me on the long straights! I've watched the real 24 race several times and it's my favorite track.

Regarding time penalties, I do get them in this race from time to time, and I know where I went 'over the line'. But I do it sometimes to avoid hitting another car and messing up my Clean Race Bonus. But because the race is quite easy to win, getting a time penalty or two is completely negligible in the grand scheme of things.

And I know it's listed as an 8-lap race, but I've never had to go past 7 laps. And like someone else mentioned earlier, I want to see if I can do it in 6 laps with a bit of creativity.
I managed 6 by stopping at the line for 23 seconds, the next 3 races the ai was very quick and it was 7 laps

Using the Suzuki GT4 with fuel on 6 lean and shortchanging gears a bit you can do all 7 laps without a stop. No need to change tires if the rain doesn't bucket down. RH will get a bit worn on the front but still quite manageable. Easy 20 - 30 second win. With the mid range turbo even on lean 6 you still have enough grunt to pass most cars, so you are just following the fastest 3 or so around and passing when when they pit.

McLaren Gr4. Stock tune, add Mid-RPM turbo and full custom transmission. Set transmission top speed to 300 kph.

Run the whole race on fuel map 5 and you'll be able to do exactly 3 laps per tank. Pit at the end of lap 2 or 3, depending when the rain arrives, and pit again for Hards at the end of lap 4 or 5... whenever the track dryness starts getting into the bottom third of the meter. Use TC 1 for the wet just to be safe, and turn it back off any time you're on slicks. Easy win by over a minute and 20 seconds.

Last edited:
Hi guys!
Please may we have an hint about which is the best car and tyre/pit strategy to win the 8 Laps to Le Man's race for 700pp cars, and earn the 550.000 cr??
Please!!
I am having great success with the Jaguar F-type Gr.4. High end Supercharger. Racing transmission, top speed set to 270kph. Racing Hards, Intermediates, and Wets are needed, due to the amount of rain and water accumulation varying. My general Strat is to pit 3 times, always keep fuel map at 1 as a general rule. Only change to inters if you start sliding, it may only rain a tiny amount. Only switch to wets if the track is absolutely saturated. Keep an eye on timer and fuel tank, you can pit pretty late into the race in my experience. Lots of rain can be your friend too, the AI will struggle, and if you get caught with slicks don't panic. Fuel map up to 4-6 to reduce power and keep the car 1 or 2 gears higher than you normally would. Good luck!

Last edited:
My Game play will give you a very good idea on a strategy to use

Car used was Suzuki Swift Sport Gr4 and these were the settings used.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220410204418.pngGran Turismo™ 7_20220410204431.png
Settings need a tiny bit more work, but its nearly there.
The only real threat is Blazan who also uses a Swift, so he can also match you with fuel economy, Portilla uses a Viper can also be a threat but he tends to pit around end of lap 6.
So if you're behind him dont push as he will most likely pit

Last edited:
Using the Tomahawk X and I do 7 laps (just to be safe) and park it with about 8-10 minutes to enjoy my life AFK. I don't make as many credits as I do when running the WTC600 Tokyo race but this way, I get back some of my freedom in life.

Using the Tomahawk X and I do 7 laps (just to be safe) and park it with about 8-10 minutes to enjoy my life AFK. I don't make as many credits as I do when running the WTC600 Tokyo race but this way, I get back some of my freedom in life.
Personally, I'd rather really go racing, which means it should be a bit more difficult.

You can e.g. I can easily win with the Tomahawk, but I prefer it when it has something to do with "earning". The WRX STI Isle of Man '16 does very well there too. I'm really starting to love the car.

Personally, I'd rather really go racing, which means it should be a bit more difficult.

You can e.g. I can easily win with the Tomahawk, but I prefer it when it has something to do with "earning". The WRX STI Isle of Man '16 does very well there too. I'm really starting to love the car.
Yes I agree with you. This is for grinding purposes, as the 250 GTO just arrived in the LCD.

Tried it for the first time yesterday with a detuned GR3 Porsche, running between map 4-6 and pitted once at the end of lap 4. Never encountered rain so can't chime in on that part. Probably could have tried to stretch it out to lap 5 on fuel to see if it rains but it never did. Car was slow on the straight(was slow in GR3 races too so not too surprising) but balance is good for Porsche curves and chicanes to pick off the AIs. got down to 4:17s on worn RHs. Won by about 10 sec after 7 laps. I think I'd go back to try a GR4 car.

Bugatti vgt (gr.1)
Index after setup 699,16
Setup
ECU 70%
Ballast 198
position of ballast 0
Power limiter 85
Race transmition
Max speed 290km/h
U can beat half of race cars about full lap
If u have race without rain (like i had last 4 runs) can drive with fuel map 6 all race without pit stop... 2nd car was +2 mins.

Last edited:
RedBull 2019 2 Rounds RH without saving Fuel.. full Power ( dont use Slipsteam at max Speed ), end of Lap 2 Pit and full Rain Tires.. Fuel Safe Mode to 3-4 for 3 Rounds Stint. End of Round 5 Pit and RH low or no Fuel Safe if you can get the rest Distance.
The Competition model!?

Tried it again with a GR4 Supra with mid turbo. Running basically map 6 most of the race Pitted once on lap 3 just when it starting to pour and switched the inters, eventually dried out mostly when AI went to their 2nd pit stop but I stayed on inters and won it like that after 7 laps. Tried the GR3 Porsche again and got punted off like 4 straight races. Eventually got a clean one in, stayed on RH the whole time even through a drizzle. Pitted after lap 5 doing a lot of lift and coasting. Won it after 7 laps when the AI again had to pit twice.

Have done quite a few with RedBull X2014 Junior, Aston Martin VGT and Alpine A220 Race Car. For me the Aston has the right combination of speed and being able to deal with the wet a bit more on slicks, so a 2 stopper usually does the trick with some fuel saving at the beginning.

I’ve done a non-stop in the RBJ, but I got lucky in that it didn’t rain. Generally it will, so I’d rather not get too caught out.

Nissan S15 Gr4 tuned with RH.

Lap1 - Fuel mode 1. Overtake entire field by the end of lap 1.
Lap 2 - Fuel mode 2 or 3. Pit end of lap 2 to wets.
Lap 3 - Fuel mode 5. Driving in the rain. Can usually get back to within 20 to 30s of leader.
Lap 4, 5 & 6 - Depends on the track conditions whether you pit end of 4 or 5 to inters. Usually regain the lead by lap 5.
Lap 7 - Final lap on inters, fuel mode 1.

Should win by 40s to 90s.

Last edited:
I wanted to see how a road car would go, so tried with the Z Performance on RH/IM.

Even at max fuel save it can’t quite do 3 laps, so I ended up with a 2 stopper & came 5th…. coasting over the line on fumes

I've been grinding with the Tomahawk X. I've figured out how to go the full race with no pit stops. Firstly. I shift into 7th gear asap. (I don't know how to adjust the fuel mixture) so I accelerate up to around 240 mph, then just coast to the chicane, usually arriving at normal race speed. When I say coast, I mean no throttle whatsoever. The X is so clean that it has a very slow rate of deceleration.

I know it's super easy with the X, so I mix it up and race other cars for some variety. I had a fun win with the '02 NSX type R tonight, and a second with an AMG car that was too heavy and guzzled fuel.(two laps to a tank?) I think I'll try my souped up 97 Civic type R next !?!
That reminds me, have you guys seen that You Tube vid where an old Civic type R waxes a whole field of super cars on the Nordschliefe? I want one of those!
Cheers and thanks for all the info guys.

Back