Best car an strategy to win the 700Pp Le Man's 8 laps with weather changing race?

• Thread starter Mirror_man
  • 136 comments
RedBull 2019 2 Rounds RH without saving Fuel.. full Power ( dont use Slipsteam at max Speed ), end of Lap 2 Pit and full Rain Tires.. Fuel Safe Mode to 3-4 for 3 Rounds Stint. End of Round 5 Pit and RH low or no Fuel Safe if you can get the rest Distance.
What setup did you use? I can't get 700pp for RedBull 2019.

Is this how it works irl when you haven’t been lapped but cross the line after the leader starts his last lap?
With lap based races(any race with laps counts)
Once the leader crosses the line the race is over.

With Time based races(24h Le Mans, 12hr Sebring, etc)
Once the time limit is up, the checked flag comes out regardless of if the leader has crossed the line.

Last edited:
Thought I'd share my own experience with the race.

At first I tried the weaker, average Gr. 4 cars, but they're far too slow.

This time, I tried the Megane Trophy which is one of the best Gr. 4 cars. I won the race by a few seconds, no tunes. I even got the clean race bonus despite picking up a few penalties, which apparently don't count. Went off the track a few times while aquaplaning. So to me it seems like the game only counts heavy AI contact towards the clean race bonus.

I can share a clip of the last 10 minutes, if needed.

I use the Gr4 Lambo + high rpm turbo, RH tyres.

Fuel map 6, pit lap 4 full fuel and another set of RH. Fuel map 2 for the last 3 laps.

In 1st before the end of the 2nd lap, finish about 1:10 ahead of 2nd.

Even with the heaviest rain (almost 2nd bar) version I've played, its fine on RH if you take it easy and brake early.

I've been using the redbull x2014 junior with RH tires and then switching to wets when it starts raining. 1 stop for fuel and tires is more than enough to win the race with a minute and a half lead.

I mean, I'm mediocre at best and I had no problems with this race in my Ford GT 06. RH, pit at lap 3 for HW, pit after the rain stops for RH. I pretty much gave up on the CRB but somehow was still awarded it. I'm sure I effed up the turn onto the Muslanne straight and totally messed up the chicanes on the straight and still got the CRB... surely they have softened the CLB boundaries for this event.

Edit: just did it again, got penalties, and was still rewarded the CRB.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 20220409_184903.jpg
    20220409_184903.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 20220409_184918.jpg
    20220409_184918.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 20220409_184837.jpg
    20220409_184837.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 158
Today i used two Nissan's, the R32 GT-R V Spec II '94 and the Silvia Spec-R Aero(S15) Touring Car.
Easy wins with both, fuel on 6, the Silvia seemed the better of the two :cheers:

Red bull Junior - No Tune or Mods

RH Tyres

0 Stop - just run fuel map 3 & 4 with last half lap at 1.

Medium difficulty setting

Win by around 1 minute.

——————

First race today, it was dry the whole race

Second race dry up to lap 4 then rained for 5 and into 6, dry end of 6 and seven. No pit and no tyre change.

Last edited:
Did this today, took me a few attempts with RB x2014 Jnr. Racing Medium tyres, racing transmission (max speed up to 280, extra few clicks on top gear), minimum wings front/rear, a few clicks of ballast to get it a shade under 700PP.

Fuel map 1 for start, draft everything! Rain at end of lap 2 so I pitted for intermediates and full fuel, came out in front. Did a few laps, put fuel map down to 2 every now and again on corners. Track starts drying and car starts being a bit squirrely so pit at end of lap 6 for racing mediums, splash and dash to have 3 laps of fuel on exit as I thought I had 2 laps left. Turns out lap 7 was the final lap, so took it easy and came in ~30 seconds in front. Bumped AI cars, went off track, got penalties and got a clean race! 825k!!

I think the catch is it depends when the rain comes. As long as you’re fast enough to be able to chip away at the rabbit’s lead out front, then just be on the right tyres at the right time then you should be OK.

Did a couple more attempts, very surprised that I got a clean race bonus each time I finished, despite making contact with the AI. But I guess the game was smart enough to get me away with those, as both were under wet conditions (crashing into the back of the AI as I misjudged the braking point, then a more obvious case where AI suddenly slammed on the brakes on the exit of a chicane).

But I guess it's fair, considering the race length and the conditions. Only a good thing the bonus is easier to achieve!

Ok I love Le Mans that said I used the Mazda you get as one of the pre order cars , usually in the lead at the end of lap one . Lap 3 it rains so change to full wets . Eventually the track dries and your good to go after getting racing hards .

Did this a few times , however on one occasion I pitted for dry tires as it had stopped raining , changed tires left the pits and as I got onto the main straight it flipping chucked it down with rain again .....arghhhh..

One other race I was in the lead but my fuel was getting really low now the Ai was catching me on the last lap as I was trying to save on fuel Overdid it a bit and ran out of fuel before the last two chicanes of the lap and crossed the line in 4th place . Got the running on empty trophy though , wasn't very 😁

Last edited:
I used the 458 Gr.4 with high RPM turbo. Fuel map 6 for the whole race on RHs. Needed to do a bit of fuel saving on the last lap (ended with 2% left!). I also seemed to have lucked out as I only had a very brief rain shower that didn’t even wet the surface. Got the CRB too!!

If you know how to drive, you never need to get to the PP recommendation or limit ;) (with very few exceptions)

But as I said, I can definitely upload a proof run.
Good information. I don't think he's calling you out. Just seeing if it's possible.

Thanks for sharing and I'll give it a go.

After getting to the end of lap 7 in 30:07 with the Lambo VGT, I've found the first car that could do 8 laps if I'd wanted to, the Aston Martin VGT. I stopped it before the line, and crossed after 30 mins, but you can see here I reach the end of the 7th lap at 28:44. It reaches over 200mph down the straights.

AM VGT 700 PP Le Mans.jpg

It's an enjoyable grind for me. Red Bull Jr with RH in the beginning, pit end of lap 2, get Heavy Wets and fuel, then pit again end of lap 5, get RH tires and no fuel, and off I go. Very easy and no stress, which is important for grinding. But I still enjoy looking at the scenery around me on the long straights! I've watched the real 24 race several times and it's my favorite track.

Regarding time penalties, I do get them in this race from time to time, and I know where I went 'over the line'. But I do it sometimes to avoid hitting another car and messing up my Clean Race Bonus. But because the race is quite easy to win, getting a time penalty or two is completely negligible in the grand scheme of things.

And I know it's listed as an 8-lap race, but I've never had to go past 7 laps. And like someone else mentioned earlier, I want to see if I can do it in 6 laps with a bit of creativity.
Need a tranny tune for the Junior

Thanks for sharing and I'll give it a go.
I just gave it a try. I did reduce it to min downforce, so it was at 660 PP. I finished 2nd, 2.7 secs behind the winner (Hard AI), and I think I saved too much fuel early on, so it does seem possible to win with it. I just stopped once at the end of lap 4, limping around in the wet conditions with RH tyres. It's definitely not the fastest car for the race, though, as I did around 32:30 for the 7 laps, vs 28:44 with the Aston Martin VGT.

I use the AMG CLK 98 or BMW F1 McLaren GTR with downsizing. Not faster on the straights, but big adavantage in all turns. Always possible to overtake on the outside because of much grip.

CLK needs two stops. F1 GTR just one.

The idea here is to use an economical car (light and down on power, around 400 bhp) that will last until lap 4, when it starts to rain. Pit, refuel and switch to inters. The track will begin to dry up by the end of lap 6 and your inters will wear very quickly, but you should be able to baby the car and win.

The AI does not switch to wet tires, so you can build a huge lead and control the race once your tires start to wear.

Last edited:
I had a few different races now. Sometimes it stays dry, then some light rain, but you don‘t need Intermediates. In one race the rain was heavy and intermediates were not able to give me some grip, so I did a rage quit after 25 minutes.
The idea here is to use an economical car (light and down on power, around 400 bhp) that will last until lap 4, when it starts to rain. Pit, refuel and switch to inters. The track will begin to dry up by the end of lap 6 and your inters will wear very quickly, but you should be able to baby the car and win.

The AI does not switch to wet tires, so you can build a huge lead and control the race once your tires start to wear.

For anyone that has the Mclaren F1 it makes the race completely trivial. Fuel map 6 all the way and it'll still break 185mph on the straights; kind of boring but you get to hear that wonderful engine growl for 32min.
Also just made a ghetto Viper ACR-X using the 2013 model, all aero parts, power needs to be rolled way down if you want to run RH tires. Isn't the fastest but it was a fun car and makes the race more exciting since you have to run your final lap fairly quick/cleanly or the AI in the Corvette or Viper will overtake you.

for me Junior Redbull with racing hard tires
when it rain i used intermediate tires (heavy rain only)
pit once only on 5th lap if everything was alright( no weather changed)

You...saved fuel?
It can't do 4 laps without fuel saving, so yes. While it's an interesting aside to discuss cars that can scrape a win, it's not really answering the OP's question, as it's not remotely close to being the BEST car for the race when it's several minutes slower for total race time than other options.

The Red Bull Junior has been mentioned by several people, and it's also able to win, but again is much much slower for total race time than some other options.

Back