Best Car in GT1

• Thread starter Zero
  • 642 comments
Originally posted by JKooks
:confused:

The Concept Car looked good and had some impressive acceleration, but the thing couldn't go uphill - this was obviously some sort of grave programming error. The instant the track's grade exceeded 0 degrees, the RPM's dropped by half. This car was largely overlooked for the final cut.

Lack of engine capacity and therefore torque, I think - it was only a fairly small V6 as I recall.

I don't recall it being that bad in GT1, but it wasn't the car in GT2 it was previously...

Originally posted by squadjot
i would say Honda del sol lm edition, FTO and cebera were also great cars....

I forgot that car was even in GT1! I loved it in GT2.

the concept car was pretty sweet, but there was the whole track slope deal. i liked the MA70 Supra (black) for a first car, much better than the Nissan Silvia series. the top of the line RX-7, the Corvette (absolutely HAS TO BE in Comp. Yellow), and the MR-2 GTS are great intermediate cars, and the GTO MR is the best top of the line car, no question. it's lighter than the Twin Turbo, and can put out the same horsepower. the Skyline can put out more horsepower, but isn't as high quality of a machine. my favorite car? i can't choose between the 'Vette, the MR-2 GTS, and the RX-7. all are superb cars.

Also, how do you get the FTO LM edition? i've never seen it. is that when you beat the Grand Valley 300K race? that is the only race i haven't beaten.

Did anybody else notice that when you looked at a car's stats in your garage, the torque was always, like 10 times what it should have been?

Well the car I think the best is, I would think is the Mitsubishi - GTO '92 Twin Turbo. Because of its hp, its take off time and the max speed. The highest speed I ever got it to was 268 mph. Im still working on it to go faster. :)

Originally posted by gran_turismo_bandit
the fastest i've gone on GT1 is 283 mph in a GTO Twin Turbo.

Nice one!!! I have gotten my Viper GTS-R up to 275 and thats the highest i have gotten in any car.

I'll try to find where you win the FTO LM

i earned the Del Sol LM Edition, but it was useless, so I sold it. Now i can't get it back! :rolleyes: :mad:

Also, any tips for the Grand Valley 300k Endurance Race? I have never even finished that race. I always end up having a car that's either way too slow or is ending up in the kitty litter outside all the turns!:mad: What's the best car?

I always used the GTO LM, its a great allround car, fast, accerlates fast, handles great, and most of all the brakes are awesome. Use that or the FTO LM.

I've done the GV endurance race, but if you value your free time at ALL I don't recommend racing it. It's roughly 2.5 hours of your life down the crapper, and for what, like 500,000 credits? But if you really feel the need to, I used the Castrol Supra. Takes a few more tire changes, but it got the job done for me. But again, I urge you not to race it. Use those hours for something worthwhile. Take up needlepoint. Visit sickly children or read to the aged. Anything.

Originally posted by ZeroCool85
I always used the GTO LM, its a great allround car, fast, accerlates fast, handles great, and most of all the brakes are awesome. Use that or the FTO LM.

I know you mean well, but i don't have the FTO LM, and the GTO LM just sucks @$$ when compared to a fully modified R33 Skyline GT-R Vspec II or GTO Twin Turbo.

Originally posted by dr_oakdale
I've done the GV endurance race, but if you value your free time at ALL I don't recommend racing it. It's roughly 2.5 hours of your life down the crapper, and for what, like 500,000 credits? But if you really feel the need to, I used the Castrol Supra. Takes a few more tire changes, but it got the job done for me. But again, I urge you not to race it. Use those hours for something worthwhile. Take up needlepoint. Visit sickly children or read to the aged. Anything.

those endurance races DO suck. i raced the SS11 All-Night races sitting in a leather recliner. had to peel myself out of it because i stuck. that was not cool. i just feel like i have to beat that race, because i have this feeling of not finishing what i started.

I know you mean well, but i don't have the FTO LM, and the GTO LM just sucks *** when compared to a fully modified R33 Skyline GT-R Vspec II or GTO Twin Turbo.

Excuse me??? The Skyline can only handle great, and it cant get top speed worth crap and that GTO cant handle worth crap but has great speed, the GTO LM is the best of those 2, the speed of the GTO TT and the handling of the R33.

Excuse me??? The Skyline can only handle great, and it cant get top speed worth crap and that GTO cant handle worth crap but has great speed, the GTO LM is the best of those 2, the speed of the GTO TT and the handling of the R33.

you must not have skills if you can't drive the Twin Turbo or MR. i admit, the Skyline isn't as good at the GTO's, but i can toss the TT and MR's that I have around just about any course like nobody's business. there are only a couple of cars that can handle better than the TT and the MR.

you must not have skills if you can't drive the Twin Turbo or MR.
I have plenty of skills, I still have my original Twin Turbo and the handleing sucks on it, i mean on default settings, I do not change the settings except gear ratios thats the way I race.

there are only a couple of cars that can handle better than the TT and the MR.

More like 148cars.

I have plenty of skills, I still have my original Twin Turbo and the handleing sucks on it, i mean on default settings, I do not change the settings except gear ratios thats the way I race.

well, i always set the ground clearance setting to the lowest possible values and i just modify the gear ratios slightly. the handling isn't good stock but if you lighten that darn thing up then it handles decent.

More like 148cars.

yeah right! there's about 100 cars on GT1 that handle like a dump truck with three flat tyres, and the TT and MR are not on that list.

and finally, one that everyone should be able to agree on, the RX-7 Aspec II is one of the best cars in GT1, hands down.

Nice one!!! I have gotten my Viper GTS-R up to 275 and thats the highest i have gotten in any car.

I'll try to find where you win the FTO LM

sorry guys. i made a mistake. it was only 242. i don't know what i was thinking. i got 235 in my GTS-R and 254 in my '95 GTO MR yesterday. how do you get the super speeds?

sorry guys. i made a mistake. it was only 242. i don't know what i was thinking. i got 235 in my GTS-R and 254 in my '95 GTO MR yesterday. how do you get the super speeds?

I did that in the Super speedway race during the Max Speed race series, drafting the GTO and the NSX, those to a fast in that race!

im gonna have to go with the cerbera LM, lookin back at boards back then, all the fastest times that were posted were in cerbera LM's... close 2nds would be the concept car... which btw, has -no- problem climbing hills... lemme clarify

if you slammed the car, to lowest ride height i mean, the rear of the car would grind against the ground especially going uphill and this would lead to that jittery tach and not being able to accelerate. however, if you raised the rear ride height, you could actually come very close to keeping up wiht a cerbera LM, they handled very similarly very light, stopped and turned like F1 cars in gt3 do, they were just ridiculous.

i thought the ride height was supposed to be low. i'll have to fix that. thanks!

I was racing my Cerebra LM edition yesterday and i fuond that it's a handful to race with the manual transmission.

Originally posted by leick
...the concept car... which btw, has -no- problem climbing hills...

Word to the mofo...It bothered me that that kept coming up in the threads. Nice to see there's another sane person out there. Cerbera's great, don't get me wrong, but the Concept Car's the best!

I was racing my Cerebra LM edition yesterday and i fuond that it's a handful to race with the manual transmission.
The Cerbera LM was a handful? I have to ask if you were actually facing the television while you were playing. Also, don't use your feet. :D

Cerbera LM: ample power, handles like it's on rails - a true classic. I could run race after race without even touching the brakes - that car almost drove itself.

YEAH!!! I AGREE!! Cerbera LM: Super car :P

Thinking back to GT1, I'd have to say it was the Concept Car. That thing was just amazing! Handling for days. That thing used to tilt so far sideways when you take it over a curb, it was like you were on 2 wheels the whole race. Never did see anything spectacular in the FTO LM, looks like I'll have to go back and drive it.

Also, anyone remember the special limited black Castrol Supra GT? Drool. It makes the regular white one found in GT2 & GT3 just look UGLY!!!!!

:confused:

The Concept Car looked good and had some impressive acceleration, but the thing couldn't go uphill - this was obviously some sort of grave programming error. The instant the track's grade exceeded 0 degrees, the RPM's dropped by half. This car was largely overlooked for the final cut.

This has nothing to do with torque as someone else said; the Concept had plenty of torque. It was a suspension problem that the car came with. Once you tuned the suspension a bit it was easily fixed. I think the springs were too hard, IIRC.

Anyway, the ConceptLM was the best car in the NTSC version. In the PAL version, it was a bit heavier, so the CerberaLM was the best. There's really no contest between these two, the Skylines and GTO's, while they ahve tons of power, can't even touch the handling on these two cars.

The TVR Cerbera Speed 6.
Only ~450hp, but only 1600 lbs!

(besides, the FTO LM is brainless to operate)

Latest Posts

Back