Best Gr.3 Car ?

• Thread starter brandoncip
  • 209 comments
Online, my preferred Group 3 is the 911 RSR. I've also done decently with the Atenza but I find it to understeer a bit too much for my tastes.

The 458 GT3 is one of the best GT3 cars in real-life, but one of the worst in the game. Add on tire wear and it quickly wants to compete for a medal in ice skating. I really hope PD can fix the grip on it (and fix their tire model); it's a travesty to make such a brilliant car so difficult to drive.

The 458 GT3 is one of the best GT3 cars in real-life, but one of the worst in the game. Add on tire wear and it quickly wants to compete for a medal in ice skating. I really hope PD can fix the grip on it (and fix their tire model); it's a travesty to make such a brilliant car so difficult to drive.
I thought they fixed the 458? I never had real trouble with it, even before the MR fix. The M6 is more brutal than the 458, thay's for sure

Ferrari 650S Gr. 3 FTW! (Although I use the M6 competitively)

I thought they fixed the 458? I never had real trouble with it, even before the MR fix. The M6 is more brutal than the 458, thay's for sure

Ferrari 650S Gr. 3 FTW! (Although I use the M6 competitively)

As far as I can tell, all they basically did was increase grip level. They didn't fix the snap oversteer and IMO the TC actually can make it worse when getting on the throttle while coming out of a turn (downhill hairpin at Maggiore for instance). The 458 Gr.3 is more manageable than it used to be with no tire wear, but as soon as the tires start getting worn it becomes unstable again. (I'm speaking in terms of TC being off)

As far as I can tell, all they basically did was increase grip level. They didn't fix the snap oversteer and IMO the TC actually can make it worse when getting on the throttle while coming out of a turn (downhill hairpin at Maggiore for instance). The 458 Gr.3 is more manageable than it used to be with no tire wear, but as soon as the tires start getting worn it becomes unstable again. (I'm speaking in terms of TC being off)
Might give the 458 with tyre wear a try later
(Have I said this before? Maybe I did and sorry if I didn't deliver last time)

Currently, I now prefer the 911 RSR in Sport Mode races. I find it less likely to spin out than the M6 (even though it still remains to be monstrously fast). The BoP nerf actually helped the Porsche, made it easier to drive and put the power down.

The M6’s beastly performance surfaces only if tuning is allowed; which is why I grew to love it way back in the Closed Beta.

Actually, I will quit Sport Mode once I get back my DR to A.

I drove the 458 gt3 literally i quit despite the traction control I kept on spinning. It was literally annoying.

I need to fix that car. Its one of the best gt3 cars in real like and sticks to corners like glue.

I drove the 458 gt3 literally i quit despite the traction control I kept on spinning. It was literally annoying.

I need to fix that car. Its one of the best gt3 cars in real like and sticks to corners like glue.
I tried the 458 on a 10-lap custom race on yamagiwa, and the short answer would be the car feels weird. I wouldn't say it's a Winter Olympics Ice Skating Champion contender, but it does like to step its back out at times you don't expect it to. TCS helped me a lot during lap 5-7 though before I pitted for a fresh set of tires. No spinning out on the tight corners

R8 and Ferrari are the worst for me now I think (in handling aspects)

M6 still the best
Mustang is good on plenty of tracks
2016 Merc is decent (really easy to drive, but too "wooden" for me)
and GT-R looks really intresting (one of the best power/weight ratio in a class) but I don't have any good setup for that car and I'm not going to do any before next update (probably thursday) because I expect another "big" changes in BoP, if they not nerf M6 I will be little bit surprised

Last edited:
I find it still funny that noone talks about the Lexus. This car is underrated af! :)
Love the RC F, I drive it all the time and often am in top 5 with it, it's a fast car out of corners and can keep up with the likes of M6, AMG, Vantage, F-Type, and alike cars.

I tried the 458 on a 10-lap custom race on yamagiwa, and the short answer would be the car feels weird. I wouldn't say it's a Winter Olympics Ice Skating Champion contender, but it does like to step its back out at times you don't expect it to. TCS helped me a lot during lap 5-7 though before I pitted for a fresh set of tires. No spinning out on the tight corners
The McLaren suffers the same thing in tire wear races, the car just won't stay straight.

I find it still funny that noone talks about the Lexus. This car is underrated af! :)

I have not tried it yet, been meaning too. It'll take something special to stop me driving the AMG though, I keep getting top tens with it (until later in the day when I drop down) and wins. Just got my 50th win but the race was a bit of a mess from me, not the AMG. ;)

The McLaren suffers the same thing in tire wear races, the car just won't stay straight.
I'm not aware of this :eek:
As far as I'm concerned the McLaren is the easiest Gr. 3 car to drive for me, just above the 911. I do think I've entered some tire wear lobbies with it but it didn't present any problem to me
The Lexus is a lovely car to drive, as well as fast. But there's something about the transmission that... unsettles me. I don't know, it's really unsettling how it upshifts (The rpm would bounce for a bit. I know most Gr. 3 cars do that but not to this extent). If it weren't for those the Lexus would probably be one of the cars I'll use in lobbies

The Lexus is a lovely car to drive, as well as fast. But there's something about the transmission that... unsettles me. I don't know, it's really unsettling how it upshifts (The rpm would bounce for a bit. I know most Gr. 3 cars do that but not to this extent). If it weren't for those the Lexus would probably be one of the cars I'll use in lobbies

You're right about that. But for a dirty pad driver, it doesn't really matter :P
And to me, the sound this thing makes, makes up for everything :crazy:

You're right about that. But for a dirty pad driver, it doesn't really matter :P
And to me, the sound this thing makes, makes up for everything :crazy:

Oh yes, the V8 burble is lovely...
I don't think it matters as well for wheel users like me :lol: I don't think the weird upshifts lose you any time, but it's really about personal preferences

For me It's got to be the Lan Evo. once you learn it's quirks(mostly getting around the horrid understeer), you can pull out some truly aggressive and amazing laps...

however even with all that being said getting a win is near impossible if first or second are using meta cars. Speaking of such...

The RSR IMO is a little too boring to drive...

BMW Z4 I have over 3500 miles in mine.

I would have had over 6000 miles on mine at this point if I didn't lose all the car in my garage. I bought another one and have over 2000 miles on it already. Good car, really stable and goes where you want it to go to a certain extent. My only complaint is PD nerfed it so bad that now, it feels terribly under powered and so heavy at times.

The RSR IMO is a little too boring to drive...

Turn TC off and you'll stop thinking it's boring.
The RSR is good because it's stock tuning is very stable, and the gearbox is very good, personally it bothers me when I try and drive some of the other gr.3 cars and they're incredibly unstable because tuning is locked. They're hard enough to handle as it is, I don't need my car fighting against me.

For me It's got to be the Lan Evo. once you learn it's quirks(mostly getting around the horrid understeer), you can pull out some truly aggressive and amazing laps...
I'm sorry, understeer in the same sentence as the Lancer Evo? You're talking about the same Gr3 Lancer Evo?

Back