Best Gr.4 cars

MMX
Same here, definitely my favorite. I ran some Q laps for the Alsace II Sport Mode race the other day in the M4, had what I thought was a pretty good time for myself, jumped in the Genesis, and beat the time by 3 seconds on the first lap.

I hope they won’t change the BoP before I can switch from Lexus to Hyundai! It needs some more love like it’s Gr.3 version.

I feel as if the NSX has a lot of potential, I’m just not that good at driving it will probably do good with a really good driver. I can keep up with almost any car, again I just can’t drive to good so I eventually fall back

I've had a fair amount of success with the Mustang, but that's probably due to the fact that I don't drive much else. :lol: It's a pretty good car all-around, but it feels like I can't take sharp corners as fast as other cars.

I vote the Aston, mostly because it's just so pretty.

DNYhTiwWAAAWYlh.jpg

I swore by the Cayman for the first few weeks of racing. I love how nimble it is in the corners but it can get a bit unpredictable and acceleration is pretty bad, leaving you vulnerable to just about any other Group 4 car down the straights (despite that, I did somehow manage to pull off a win at Tokyo though :crazy:) and, more often than not, you’ll really have to be wary of less-talented drivers in faster cars due to this.

I also found myself pushing too hard to compensate on tracks which don’t suit the car, leaving me to become a bit inconsistent from lap to lap so after having a miserable few races earlier in the week I finally decided a change was in order, So for the past couple of days I’ve been competing in the Daily races with the Viper, at first it was difficult overcoming lack of turn-in compared to the Cayman but so far it feels like a much better all rounder, helping me bring home much better results including a few wins.

Last edited:
I've gotten the most wins with the TT Cup, it's a brake soft and early, coast to gas car with a tight turning radius... which I like. I also like the Vantage pretty well, startin to see a lot of Vipers and C7's climbing the poles though.

I'd prefer to drive the Cayman, but like another poster said, it's stock gears are way to wide on the bottom end for stock-locked races.

Been using the Viper recently and have to say it's a very good car, probably not the greatest at any one thing but good enough at them all. The only downside is against the Meganes you lose out in a straight line quite a bit, not an issue if your an alien but maybe for others if you are stuck racing in the pack, like me.

the Cayman...

it's drives differently than the 911 but you can throttle as much as 75% in 2nd gear at the apex without the back end slipping out. it's very manageable and weight transferring with it is easy

It was a absolute joke last Weekend, how the megan on bathurst took off like a jetplane on straights lol. There should be differences yes but not this big. That thing was not beatable if the driver was good in it.

It's not the best, but I've enjoyed racing with the Huracan. I seem to be in a minority - didn't see another one at all last night! IIRC, I had 1:41.5xx at Interlagos. I like that it isn't too fussy about what line you take through the corners, which is good in battles :)

After switching from the Nissan to the Lamborghini in this season's Manufacturer Series I'm appalled by how badly I cannot control this car. Compared to the Nissan, it was like heaven going through corners. I can't even keep this thing on the road. That's with traction control set to 0. When it's on three, I can't take the corners the way I like to because it interferes with the way I drive. Very frustrating tonight. I was in last place on the manufacturer series race.

I'm stuck with the Cayman now as I like the sound and I'm used to the handling. I've seen the leaderboards are being conquered by 4C's tho, so MR cars seem to be of liking at least in my region (Asia).

After switching from the Nissan to the Lamborghini in this season's Manufacturer Series I'm appalled by how badly I cannot control this car. Compared to the Nissan, it was like heaven going through corners. I can't even keep this thing on the road. That's with traction control set to 0. When it's on three, I can't take the corners the way I like to because it interferes with the way I drive. Very frustrating tonight. I was in last place on the manufacturer series race.

That sounds more like the Gr.3, exactly how I found it. The combination of PD's MR and PD's TC is the worst, because you just can't get power when you need it in an MR. The Gr.4 version is 4WD though, and for me behaves a bit like the Gr.4 Nissan GT-R, but one that will actually rotate into a corner willingly! I'm fine with it on TC 0 using DS4 sticks.

PD's TC is generally abysmal, and ancient. I bet even they have forgotten what it's attempting to model. It's certainly nothing like a race car's TC.

Going with Ford Mustangs again this week. I like all V8 Cars and own one myself so this car is almost set :).
Started yesterday on Position 8 in Suzuka and ended on Position 8 after getting almost turned from a late braking Car in the final Corner in the first 2 laps. That caused me losing 4 positions that i managed to get back. The Lancers behind me did good pressure on me and stayed fair. In the last Lap he was so close, i got nervous and almost thrown it away. Luckily i could save it and he had to retreat end of straight. That was very fair by him.
My last 4 or 5 races i got never overtaken by fair moves. The closer to the end of Saison 1 the more agressiv and unfair the Drivers were. Always one who dived in where he clearly should retreat. Well thats online racing... I am so happy with every fair race i get. And i play in B S Ranks. But those diving in Actions get no Penalty at the time.

That sounds more like the Gr.3, exactly how I found it. The combination of PD's MR and PD's TC is the worst, because you just can't get power when you need it in an MR. The Gr.4 version is 4WD though, and for me behaves a bit like the Gr.4 Nissan GT-R, but one that will actually rotate into a corner willingly! I'm fine with it on TC 0 using DS4 sticks.

PD's TC is generally abysmal, and ancient. I bet even they have forgotten what it's attempting to model. It's certainly nothing like a race car's TC.

Agreed. The GR.4 is LOADS better...it reminds me exactly as the GT-R. Very stable and reliable. I enjoy racing with the Huracan GR.4...but the GR.3? Jeezus. It's like impossible to keep on the track when you're going all out. You have to ensure that every time you accelerate, you are PERFECTLY straight. Any curb rides or just whiff of too much steering and you are done. I dislike it immensely. Sucks that I'm going to have to race in it for a week. Blech.

Bought and try out the NSX Gr.4 yesterday after an advice from a youtuber, and it was pretty decsent. Fun to drive with all off except ABS. Give it a spin guys!

Since signing for subaru for this weeks manufacturer's championship I have been thoroughly impressed with the impreza Gr4. Not saying it's the best or anything but it's definitely very good and probably my new favourite.

I've tried the Porsche Cayman, Ford Mustang and the Dodge Viper, and so far the Viper is the only one that gives me confidence to put the throttle down on corner exit. The Mustang tends to light up the tire a little too easy, and the Porsche I couldn't run consistent times with.

I raced Mazda for the last manufacturers cup, the Atenza is a very forgiving car to drive - but I think I might be trying Ferrari this week. The 458 is not easy to drive, but with minimal practice I was already beating my fastest laps in my Atenza by .5 seconds on Dragon Tail, my problem will definitely be consistency though as the 458 is a lot more loose.

Check out the Megane. It had some world records during the last test season. Night be a true underdog.

If a track has a lot of fast straights then yes, if it doesn't then it isn't anywhere near as good.

From Turismo games from the past if I remember correctly (and I am getting old) that all the mid engine cars required a completely different driving style but once you understood and adapted to it they are fast.

What I seem to remember is all braking needs to be done smoothly and in a straight line, they are or can be squirrely as heck if braking is not done evenly and smooth, they do not like late braking which stands them on their nose and will snap into a spin with little notice.

The next big difference is on the mid engine rides that weight transfer is critical for stability and traction and you need to be off the brakes and on the gas from before the point you actually start your turn in and smoothly moderate mid throttle settings through the cornering procedure.
Once you adjust to these differences they can be fast and fun to drive.

I do not know if GTS treats the physics the same as prior games and please do take in consideration that what I say is from memories from past years of playing GT and I think what I remember is correct! lol!

It will not hurt to try it though, what have you got to lose?

From Turismo games from the past if I remember correctly (and I am getting old) that all the mid engine cars required a completely different driving style but once you understood and adapted to it they are fast.

What I seem to remember is all braking needs to be done smoothly and in a straight line, they are or can be squirrely as heck if braking is not done evenly and smooth, they do not like late braking which stands them on their nose and will snap into a spin with little notice.

The next big difference is on the mid engine rides that weight transfer is critical for stability and traction and you need to be off the brakes and on the gas from before the point you actually start your turn in and smoothly moderate mid throttle settings through the cornering procedure.

I do not know if GTS treats the physics the same as prior games and please do take in consideration that what I say is from memories from past years of playing GT and I think what I remember is correct! lol!

Your description is accurate from my perspective.
I was driving the 458 around Dragon Tail a few nights back seeing if I could beat my previous lap records that were set in my most commonly driven GR.4 car the Mazda Atenza.

I drive with a DS4

The Atenza is a 4WD, and handles like a dream, I can brake late, snap the steering around, I can slam on the gas and nothing throws this car off.

I noticed if I drove the 458 the same way, the back end would be loose coming into corners, and would stay loose coming out of corners. I had to ease off the brakes as I was finishing my braking, then ease back onto the gas when coming out of corners, but altogether with much less time driving the 458 I was setting much faster sector times - but it did take me awhile to string together these sector times into a clean lap.

When I finally did get a clean lap, I was almost .5 seconds faster in the 458 than my previous fastest lap in the Atenza.

Yup, the MR2 pretty much exemplified this. If you could maintain momentum you could actually smoke faster cars because it was light and cornered so damn well.. the trick to cornering though was extending that off throttle point on the turn, essentially avoiding trail braking into the turn. You basically need your weight settled and centered, and then it will stick like glue to the turn.

I haven't toyed with mid engine cars on GTsport though, so I can't really say if the same dynamics hold true.

Latest Posts

Back