Best Gr.4 cars

In one of my other posts, I did say that your driving style has to change completely. Everything needs to be dead on straight when you accelerate and you have avoid tossing it around on curbs and what not. So in effect, I was changing my driving style, my point is is that the car is so atrociously bad even with these changes, that racing in a multiplayer game is difficult because the car feels extremely unstable in a crowd. You just don't have the same amount of options of recovery as the other cars do. Or perhaps I just really suck that badly.

Agreed. The GR.4 is LOADS better...it reminds me exactly as the GT-R. Very stable and reliable. I enjoy racing with the Huracan GR.4...but the GR.3? Jeezus. It's like impossible to keep on the track when you're going all out. You have to ensure that every time you accelerate, you are PERFECTLY straight. Any curb rides or just whiff of too much steering and you are done. I dislike it immensely. Sucks that I'm going to have to race in it for a week. Blech.

My thoughts exactly, having made the same mistake last week. You could only do the Gr.4 races, since the best 3 results are taken.

The Atenza is a 4WD, and handles like a dream, I can brake late, snap the steering around, I can slam on the gas and nothing throws this car off.

I noticed if I drove the 458 the same way, the back end would be loose coming into corners, and would stay loose coming out of corners. I had to ease off the brakes as I was finishing my braking, then ease back onto the gas when coming out of corners, but altogether with much less time driving the 458 I was setting much faster sector times - but it did take me awhile to string together these sector times into a clean lap.

The Gr.4 458 is a lovely car to drive - once you get used to it's manner it doesn't spring any surprises on you, and little oversteery moments are quite easy to catch, even with DS4. And the Gr.3 version seems basically the same, although obviously a bit more feisty! Neither of them are as nasty as the infamous MRs of older GTs, really they handle more like FR in many ways - key thing is to apply a little throttle, early, to get the weight settled, and then you can gun it. Quite easy to get that habit when hot-lapping alone, harder to stay cool enough to do it all the way through a race - especially in Gr.4 when the 4WD just ahead floors it with abandon!

The Gr.4 458 is a lovely car to drive - once you get used to it's manner it doesn't spring any surprises on you, and little oversteery moments are quite easy to catch, even with DS4. And the Gr.3 version seems basically the same, although obviously a bit more feisty! Neither of them are as nasty as the infamous MRs of older GTs, really they handle more like FR in many ways - key thing is to apply a little throttle, early, to get the weight settled, and then you can gun it. Quite easy to get that habit when hot-lapping alone, harder to stay cool enough to do it all the way through a race - especially in Gr.4 when the 4WD just ahead floors it with abandon!

I'm in love with it right now, it's a drastically different feel from my Atenza, but I'm loving the challenge.
Signed with Ferrari for test season 2.0 and am loving the change so far.

I didn't realize that this is only for GR.4. My bad, I posted on it cuz it came up in a search.

Not to worry, but it was a bit confusing 'til I realised which car you meant! Because of the manufacturer's cup, a small amount of comparison between any Gr.4 and it's Gr.3 counterpart is somewhat relevant here, I think.

Another +1 for the Mazda Atenza. Super stable with 4WD, nice high revving redline, and does go like stink. Got my first 2 wins of GTS at the GR.4 Brands Hatch races yesterday.

86gr4.jpg

The Scirocco still seems to be close to fastest in a straight line. I'm often catching the car in front half way through the starting straight at Dragon Trail.

You have to think a bit differently about corners though... I don't think it turns at all when powering out of a corner (with BoP active).

Probably 86 is the most overall best , it slow on straight but it's king of Nordscihelfe and it very fast when you are on the front position rather than catching which is veyr hard to catches fast car , i don't have any fav Gr.4 car tho i drive Audi as my main but i don't like Audi TT at all , Audi just launch R8 LMS GT4 last year i hope it coming soon.
I did drove 650 and 458 very often but could make a fav for me. i more toward nimble and good corner car but i didn't like 86 that much since it not my top fav brands.

Personally I use whatever the sheep do not use just for the sole reason to try and beat whatever the fastest drivers are using. I generally come close to beating them, I can hold my own against most. A plus is it usually pisses them off.

Personally I use whatever the sheep do not use just for the sole reason to try and beat whatever the fastest drivers are using. I generally come close to beating them, I can hold my own against most. A plus is it usually pisses them off.

how does it piss anybody off? i think you just want to think it does. in reality i doubt anybody even notices

It's funny, I didn't even realize that the CEO at work had a Cayman until I started racing with it all the time in GT Sport. It's parked two cars away from my spot.

I guess that's how awesome the car is.

I use the pad and to make it worse, the analog inputs not the sticks and pull triggers. So i am not subtle on the gas.

Also, i struggle in this game as the cars REFUSE to rotate under coast, you either need to be on the gas or the brake, as soon as you coast it's MASSIVE understeer in my experience.

- The Alfa feels fast but I need to use too much TC to control it
- Tried the GTR, lots of grip but massive understeer
- Corvette is a bit meh
- NSX is OK but just off of the last two listed here
- The Cayman immediately put a smile on my face, it actually TURNS but the lack of acceleration really hurts it, at least i can get it to wiggle and turn, my god this game the cars are just so weird to drive.
- In the end the Hurucan does it for me, if i wind the brake bias to 5 to you guessed it, encourage the thing to friggin turn, it's reasonably nible, is not easily unsettled and makles good power

Really enjoying the Evo. I'm not sure it's the fastest but I find it the easiest to push hard and maintain control. It handles slow speed corners really well, great braking and pulls in 2nd like a beast. Brake bias 5 to help it turn in with trailbraking and power down hard to prevent understeer on the way out.

Also, i struggle in this game as the cars REFUSE to rotate under coast, you either need to be on the gas or the brake, as soon as you coast it's MASSIVE understeer in my experience.

When you lift off the throttle you have to turn in immediately as the front wheels only get loaded for a moment. Obviously this window of opportunity varies from car to car as will the amount of throttle that you'll gradually feed into your exit. I try to minimize my coasting to the point now where my braking and throttle are overlapping at the apex so now it seems like I can rotate any car during a turn.

Nobody talking about the Lexus Gr4 lol I've picked Lexus for the manufacturers this week purely because I get on so well with the Gr3 Emil Frey Prototype, however I'm worried the gr4 might not be competitive?

Hmm. I tend to switch between two or three cars when racing Gr.4. Personally, my top GR4 cars are the 458 as, at least to me, it's the perfect mix between balance and speed (plus I've had it since the beta) and the Viper. The viper is my second go to as it tends to have a bit more straight line speed compared to the rest of the field. Also, when things get tight and twisty, the Lancer Evo is pretty good although it lacks power. The NSX is so much fun to drive although it's pretty slow.

Nobody talking about the Lexus Gr4 lol I've picked Lexus for the manufacturers this week purely because I get on so well with the Gr3 Emil Frey Prototype, however I'm worried the gr4 might not be competitive?

The Lexus GR3 is oh so great! It's my top go to in GR3. It's just the perfect all rounder!

My top 3 has to be :

1) Aston Martin Vantage V8
2) Honda NSX
3) ferrari 458

Vantage is easily the best all rounder, Honda is a real surprise and the 458 is just great fun while being very competetive.

Last edited:
I ran the SLS in Sport Mode. Slow... slow... slow.. but handles easy like the Viper. Was able to keep momentum, but it's 1st & 2nd gears are too short. Still, it's one of the best for ease of use.

I ran the SLS in Sport Mode. Slow... slow... slow.. but handles easy like the Viper. Was able to keep momentum, but it's 1st & 2nd gears are too short. Still, it's one of the best for ease of use.

The way the gears are placed together on the SLS is so weird, 1st and 2nd look like they need to be merged together (and then shortened just a tiny bit) and the rest of the gears are spaced as if its' a Gr.3 car (a 5-speed Gr.3 car, to be precise). Also, being an FR, the weight is absolutely ridiculous and it is because of this and the transmission that it fails in fuel economy and tyre management (and raw speed overall). If there was any change in the BoP suited for this car, it would be a weight reduction (and not like the last BoP update when PD made it heavier!). Perhaps about 1-2% (-15 to -30 kg would definitely help)

EDIT: Overall, the NSX is the best Gr.4 for now. Handles like a dream, holds its' ground on the straight, MR layout gives great tyre wear, and fuel consumption is worry of the past (barely loses power when short-shifting due to nice turbo, reminds me of the M4)

Avoid all FWD and 4WD cars, they're purely for children and no self respecting adult would ever even consider using one.

Get a load of this guy.

I probably agree with him but anyway.... I'd say my favourite is the NSX. Its a surprising car, I thought it would be horrible as I thought it would carry the road cars vices but no... it has adequate power and it turns fine and it doesnt have that understeer you have with many FR cars.

They say its unstable being MR but I felt it was fine. It can get funny if the road isnt flat like on Alsace but I found it manageable.

K32
The way the gears are placed together on the SLS is so weird, 1st and 2nd look like they need to be merged together (and then shortened just a tiny bit) and the rest of the gears are spaced as if its' a Gr.3 car (a 5-speed Gr.3 car, to be precise). Also, being an FR, the weight is absolutely ridiculous and it is because of this and the transmission that it fails in fuel economy and tyre management (and raw speed overall). If there was any change in the BoP suited for this car, it would be a weight reduction (and not like the last BoP update when PD made it heavier!). Perhaps about 1-2% (-15 to -30 kg would definitely help)

EDIT: Overall, the NSX is the best Gr.4 for now. Handles like a dream, holds its' ground on the straight, MR layout gives great tyre wear, and fuel consumption is worry of the past (barely loses power when short-shifting due to nice turbo, reminds me of the M4)
I think it was way heavier in GT6. I remember dropping weight to 1410kg because, that is the weight of a (V8)Supercar. Can't remember the hp figures though. Anyway, a GT4 AMG GT would fix all that.

Back