Best sounding car

• Thread starter whatbrown
  • 744 comments
Yeah FM has way way way better sounds. Sure some cars in GT5 sound like real life, but FM3 almost ALL cars sound like real life!!!
Heck I am begging to think Turn10 might be a better team over PD because they put a lot of detail in fixing physics, sounds, damage, paint, body kits etc etc every time they come with new game. PD, well seems they care about Graphics most, then Physics, and maybe they turn a vacuum cleaner for sound recording.. oh and body kits in GT5? Its a joke!!!
GT6 should better have better sounds then FM4, or else PD is going to loose in that department... oh yeah its already loosing...

don't you belong in Forza Planet? I smell a flame war...

Last edited:
Best sounding car in my opinion is the Caramo Z28 RM.
This beast sounds awesome, making my subwoofer and everything around it shake like hell ;)

corvette zr-1 or zo6 with sports exhaust i think. whatever the middle exhaust option is and that is it. same thing with the new camaros

Best sounding car in my opinion is the Caramo Z28 RM.
This beast sounds awesome, making my subwoofer and everything around it shake like hell ;)

The subwoofer is so important when playing gt5 I know what you mean. 👍

Yesterday, I finished setting up my Bose Lifestyle 18 Series II, and have been testing out the car sounds.

330 P4 Race Car '67 Ferrari
Grand Turismo
As I type im also tuneing up the Camaro Z28 to test it out.:)

For me the best sounding car would have to be a Toyota Supra RZ with a sports exhaust in third person view. There's just something about it that gives me chills.

EDIT: Mitsubishi EVO VIII with Semi-Racing Exhaust is nice :) . Same sound as HKS EVO.

Mazda 787B hands down. The idle is so close to the real thing its uncanny.

McLaren F1. Only driven the stealth edition, but it sounds like it's running on the furious souls of ancient warriors from Valhalla rather than petrol.

Lexus LF-A, even better with race exhaust and engine mods.
Are you sure the LF-A sounds nice with a race exhaust? For most exotic cars, putting any aftermarket exhaust pipe will just 🤬 up the sound of the car.
'98 Gathers Drider Civic..hands down, amazing! And nice rare find.
It also sounded nice in GT4 IMO although it sounded a little bit like a fart can at the same time. I have it in GT5, but I haven't drivien it for a while so I've forgotten what it sounds like in GT5.

Last edited:
people who say titanium exhaust sounds good...... wrong, every car sounds bad in the game, the titanium racing exhaust makes it worse,

the only car that sounds decent in GT5 is the Mazda 787b
and some others sound close to real but broken

Civic Type R ep '04, only civic with vtec kick, yet sounds bad
Mercedes SL55 AMG '02, sounds close to real but something is wrong and sounds a bit off

Your opinion ≠ Facts

I wouldn't say that every car in the game sounds bad. Try the Mclaren MP4-12C with a sports exhaust, just for an example.

Nismo34
Or the lexus LFA stock..

the lfa in gt5 is way too high pitched and in real life, the lfa eliminates that high pitched scream when you are inside the car, you only hear the v10 noise, in gt5, its high pitched inside and outside the car,

the point is every car sounds bad because of the way the samples are mixed, they sound digital and not mechanic, the actual note of the car is accurate but it doesn't sound like a engine at all, sports exhaust might fix the problem but in most cases you'll end up with an unaccurate, unrealistic loud note, not to mention it looks horrid in some cars, the sound as a whole is ****ed up, other games have been creating better sound for over a decade now, small arcade racing games have better sound that gt5, not to mention the mainstream ones, or forza

the lfa in gt5 is way too high pitched and in real life, the lfa eliminates that high pitched scream when you are inside the car, you only hear the v10 noise, in gt5, its high pitched inside and outside the car,

the point is every car sounds bad(1) because of the way the samples are mixed, they sound digital and not mechanic, the actual note of the car is accurate but it doesn't sound like a engine at all, sports exhaust might fix the problem but in most cases you'll end up with an unaccurate, unrealistic loud note, not to mention it looks horrid in some cars(2), the sound as a whole is ****ed up(3), other games have been creating better sound for over a decade now, small arcade racing games have better sound that gt5, not to mention the mainstream ones, or forza(4)

(1) Opinion.
(2) Opinion.
(3) Opinion.
(4) Opinion.

Oh, have you actually heard the LFA in real life? I havent, but the GT5 LFA sounds good to me. Thats opinion. Not fact. It may not be accurate, but I like it. All that you said is also opinion. Others may think different to what you say, doesnt make them wrong, just that their opinion is different. Doesnt make you right either.

Nismo34
(1) Opinion.
(2) Opinion.
(3) Opinion.
(4) Opinion.

Oh, have you actually heard the LFA in real life? I havent, but the GT5 LFA sounds good to me. Thats opinion. Not fact. It may not be accurate, but I like it. All that you said is also opinion. Others may think different to what you say, doesnt make them wrong, just that their opinion is different. Doesnt make you right either.

yes i've been inside a real lfa and drove it, ok lets say its my opinion but its definitely not realistic, like i said the actual note is accurate but like all cars in gt5, the revs go higher than in real life (not much of a deal with v10 engines but it really shows with v8 and v12 engines) so that makes it sound faked out and electronic, my theory is that when PD was recording cars, they never reved them to the red line, only to 4500-5000 rpm, and back in the studio they tried to replicate the missing sound with computers and the final product is that every car gt5 sounds good till 4500 rpm, then its faked out, there are some cars that were never recorded at all, like the sauber c9, its clear that the sound of it is just a port from gt4 and the pagani zonda r sounds so electronic that its hard to believe PD ever recorded it, and apparently PD never records cars from the interior, when you drive a car IRL, you dont hear exhaust noises, you only hear the growl and roar of the ehgine in question and maybe a little exhaust noise at really high rpm, unless its a race car, what PD does, they use the same samples for the interiors and then add a muffed effect on them and thats it, it would seem that the people at PD have never driven a car in real life

Mazda 787b
Lfa with stock exhaust
I know this is not a car but the x1
F2007
F10
Chapperal 2j
NASCAR
R8 with racing exhaust
Ford gt with racing exhaust
Gallardo lp560-4 with stock exhaust
Zonda r
Citroen gt by Citroen concept
Aston Martin v12 vantage with racing exhausts
Ford gt lm spec II test car
Lexus isf with stock exhaust
R8 v10 with stock exhaust
Murcielago lp670-4 with stock exhaust
Aventador with stock exhaust
Mclaren f1 with racing exhaust
Xjr-9 lm jaguar
Lexus isf racing concept

Last edited:
mikecustom
yes i've been inside a real lfa and drove it, ok lets say its my opinion but its definitely not realistic, like i said the actual note is accurate but like all cars in gt5, the revs go higher than in real life (not much of a deal with v10 engines but it really shows with v8 and v12 engines) so that makes it sound faked out and electronic, my theory is that when PD was recording cars, they never reved them to the red line, only to 4500-5000 rpm, and back in the studio they tried to replicate the missing sound with computers and the final product is that every car gt5 sounds good till 4500 rpm, then its faked out, there are some cars that were never recorded at all, like the sauber c9, its clear that the sound of it is just a port from gt4 and the pagani zonda r sounds so electronic that its hard to believe PD ever recorded it, and apparently PD never records cars from the interior, when you drive a car IRL, you dont hear exhaust noises, you only hear the growl and roar of the ehgine in question and maybe a little exhaust noise at really high rpm, unless its a race car, what PD does, they use the same samples for the interiors and then add a muffed effect on them and thats it, it would seem that the people at PD have never driven a car in real life

Really, where did you drive it? Do you know someone who owns one because that's just awesome. However I fail to believe the noise is muted out as the engine was deliberately tuned by Yamaha to make such a noise.

So you're saying that PD only recorded up to that point and then weren't allowed to rev further? That theory really doesn't make sense. Why on earth would they only record up to a certain point, not go the full way and then just guess the rest of the rev range?

aadil717
Really, where did you drive it? Do you know someone who owns one because that's just awesome. However I fail to believe the noise is muted out as the engine was deliberately tuned by Yamaha to make such a noise.

So you're saying that PD only recorded up to that point and then weren't allowed to rev further? That theory really doesn't make sense. Why on earth would they only record up to a certain point, not go the full way and then just guess the rest of the rev range?

i know a friend who works at a car magazine, he invites to car testing events from time to time, last time it was a pagani zonda r but of course that one could only be driven by the testor in question,

about my theory, it could be that manufacturers wouldn't let the PD team to rev the cars that high, forza 4 suffers from the same problem but at least they fake sounds better and the way they record sounds is much better since they actually go through all gears, where PD only revs the cars in a certain gear or even in neutral

people who say titanium exhaust sounds good...... wrong, every car sounds bad in the game, the titanium racing exhaust makes it worse,

the only car that sounds decent in GT5 is the Mazda 787b
and some others sound close to real but broken

Civic Type R ep '04, only civic with vtec kick, yet sounds bad
Mercedes SL55 AMG '02, sounds close to real but something is wrong and sounds a bit off

There is no right and/or wrong when talking about opinions.

On-topic: My personal seconds favorite is the Mazda 787B. S awesome wankel engine (Is that a wankel engine?) But my personal favorite is a car with 3 exhausts. Guess what car it is? Ferrari 458 Italia. If only all cars sounded like that. Both ingame and In Real Life (IRL).

i know a friend who works at a car magazine, he invites to car testing events from time to time, last time it was a pagani zonda r but of course that one could only be driven by the testor in questionl

Wowzie! You got some pics from that magazine?

Back