Best Steering Wheel on the Market for GTS?

• Thread starter GA 52
  • 216 comments
Norway
Philippines
Anybody? My Thrustmaster 300 start doing it own things...... like in the middle of the race it makes a screenshot or it put on the pause sign etc. Time for a replacement after 3 years... Anybody having steeringwheels you Really like. Thank you.

Anybody? My Thrustmaster 300 start doing it own things...... like in the middle of the race it makes a screenshot or it put on the pause sign etc. Time for a replacement after 3 years... Anybody having steeringwheels you Really like. Thank you.

Have you updated the firmware for your T300?

I kept getting the pauses and screenshots mid online races with mine that I purchased in November of last year.

Updated the firmware a couple of months ago and haven't had an issue since.

Yep same issue for my T300 as well. I updated the firmware, made no difference. That wheel costed me being an DR/S driver with about 5,000 points lost due to it fully disconnecting in-game or as the race was about to begin; utter POOP that wheel....

I just got the Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and it works so much better. There's less deadzone, more torque, FAR more precision in steering. I'm using the purple mode as the blue mode causes the wheel to clip all over the place once the tires near/break the limit. Upgrade, don't delay!

Jerome

I just got the Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and it works so much better. There's less deadzone, more torque, FAR more precision in steering. I'm using the purple mode as the blue mode causes the wheel to clip all over the place once the tires near/break the limit. Upgrade, don't delay!

Jerome

Are there any disadvantages when using purple mode?

The understeer rattling is bothering me as well...

Not that I've noticed. I can still map the buttons as I see fit. In purple mode, the game thinks the wheel is a G29, so you'd have to go into the G29 wheel options to map the buttons there. When in blue mode the game will see it as a CSL Elite and you'd map the buttons in there. Otherwise, it felt the same to me, but I'll admit my testing was limited because of the clunking.

Jerome

Not that I've noticed. I can still map the buttons as I see fit. In purple mode, the game thinks the wheel is a G29, so you'd have to go into the G29 wheel options to map the buttons there. When in blue mode the game will see it as a CSL Elite and you'd map the buttons in there. Otherwise, it felt the same to me, but I'll admit my testing was limited because of the clunking.

Jerome

Ok, I will try that tomorrow. Thanks

I love my FANATEC CSL Elite, since the implementation of it in GTS it is in blue mode a day and night difference. I played it in purple mode since release day of GTS and the FFB and feel now in blue mode is just great. I can recommend it.
The rev lights and the gear and speed indication is still not implemented in GTS now, but will be done in a patch in the future and since I mostly use PSVR in GTS I don't need that too much.

I'm a bit faster in blue mode. I can feel the grip a little bit better. I think I’ve gained about .4 or .5 after changing it to blue mode. In race cars, don’t let it shake. Calibrate your input to the point where it almost starts shaking. You’re gonna lose less speed with almost the same turn in capability. If you need more turn in, you should use the brakes or gas to make small adjustments.

T-GT. It was specifically made for GT Sport.
And bloody expensive too.
4j3st2.png

Is that in U.S. dollars?

NewEgg has it for $799USD as of this writing: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...6NJ8930&cm_re=t-gt-_-9SIA0ZX6NJ8930-_-Product

Amazon had the Thrustmaster T-GT for $500 earlier this week, looks like they were clearing out inventory as there are no longer any in stock there.

I picked one up and it's a big improvement over the G29 I was using and the built-in transducer feedback is a lot of fun. Works perfectly out of the box with GT Sport.

I'm in Australia,so it's in AUD.
We get shafted for our ****t-y exchange rate and rip off taxes lol.
Still,at $800 a pop,it ain't cheap.

Agreed! It is not cheap. But as @Parker Lewis said, it can be found cheap(er) at times.

I visited Sydney last November. Beautiful place, but the prices were astounding.

I'm in Australia,so it's in AUD.
We get shafted for our ****t-y exchange rate and rip off taxes lol.
Still,at $800 a pop,it ain't cheap.
I picked up a csl elite it was about 1000 aud with the load cell. But yeah we get shafted on most stuff that doesnt have a large market.

Another T-GT user here, it's a great wheel with a tolerable set of pedals. I'd say if you can find it in the $5-600 USD range, it's worth it. I haven't had as much time as I'd like with it, but all of my initial impressions have been very positive.

T-GT wheel is realy a nice solid and compact piece of hardware but the pedals are *****. If you sell the pedals and buy some fanatecs+adapter you will have a great combo.
However your choice is. Fanatec or thrustmaster, both have good stuff to add or replace. Like rims, shifter, handbrakes.

Right now probably the T-GT wheel.

The ultimate setup for gt sport would be a T-GT with fanatec pedals :)

Csl is a great wheel but Polyphony hasnt put in the effort to make it as good is it can be yet.

Csl is a better wheel if you play other games also

Yeah, I was kind of torn between the T-GT and Fanatec with Clubsport V3 load cell pedals (those things are works of art), I ended up going to Fanatec because I can use it on Forza and on the PC too, wont the T-GT work on PC too? If you are going to use it just for Playstation you are probably better off with the T-GT, at least at this point of game compatibility. I like the twist knobs that the T-GT has for brake balance, TCS, Fuel Map, etc over having to toggle thru with the Fanatec but I did not care for the tiny wheel on the T-GT. if you can put bigger replacement wheels on the T-GT that would be an improvement, I did not know that was an option. The rim options for the Fanatec are nice too.

Yeah, I was kind of torn between the T-GT and Fanatec with Clubsport V3 load cell pedals (those things are works of art), I ended up going to Fanatec because I can use it on Forza and on the PC too, wont the T-GT work on PC too? If you are going to use it just for Playstation you are probably better off with the T-GT, at least at this point of game compatibility. I like the twist knobs that the T-GT has for brake balance, TCS, Fuel Map, etc over having to toggle thru with the Fanatec but I did not care for the tiny wheel on the T-GT. if you can put bigger replacement wheels on the T-GT that would be an improvement, I did not know that was an option. The rim options for the Fanatec are nice too.

I just posted about this in the T-GT thread; the T-GT works in PC games but nothing I've tried (Forza 7, Horizon 3, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2, Dirt Rally) has detected it as a T-GT wheel and I've always had to set it up as a "custom" wheel. Works OK for driving but no game lets me navigate menus using the d-pad on the T-GT. I thought that switching to "other" mode on the base would cause it to be detected as a T300 in PC games but that has not been the case for me.

GT Sport is the only PS4 racing game I play and all my other racing is done on PC, and I'm a little disappointed that the T-GT doesn't have better PC support. At the moment I'm playing GT Sport 90% of the time so I am really happy with the T-GT there but when I get more into PC sims I expect I'll probably want to go for a Fanatec setup. Hopefully by then the CSL Elite PS4 wheel has better support for things like rev lights in GT Sport.

I just posted about this in the T-GT thread; the T-GT works in PC games but nothing I've tried (Forza 7, Horizon 3, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2, Dirt Rally) has detected it as a T-GT wheel and I've always had to set it up as a "custom" wheel. Works OK for driving but no game lets me navigate menus using the d-pad on the T-GT. I thought that switching to "other" mode on the base would cause it to be detected as a T300 in PC games but that has not been the case for me.

GT Sport is the only PS4 racing game I play and all my other racing is done on PC, and I'm a little disappointed that the T-GT doesn't have better PC support. At the moment I'm playing GT Sport 90% of the time so I am really happy with the T-GT there but when I get more into PC sims I expect I'll probably want to go for a Fanatec setup. Hopefully by then the CSL Elite PS4 wheel has better support for things like rev lights in GT Sport.

Since I have never raced with a wheel before the Fanatec lacking support really doesnt bother me too much, at least not at this time. In fact the only games I have played are Gran Turismo original thru Sport, Forza, and maybe 2 Need for Speed titles a while back. You might say I have a bunch of low hour Playstations and X-Boxes, I think I have all of them from the beginning yet. :crazy::crazy:

The G-29 is solid and dependable. I haven't used other wheels, but not sure what I would expect them to do that the g29 doesn't already do. You just fire up your system and everything works like you would expect. What's missing in the G29 experience?

The G-29 is solid and dependable. I haven't used other wheels, but not sure what I would expect them to do that the g29 doesn't already do. You just fire up your system and everything works like you would expect. What's missing in the G29 experience?

Strength and smoothness of force feedback was what stood out to me the most. I was happy with the G29 until I tried the T-GT and after one race I knew there was no going back to the G29.

On my Fanatec I have in game FFB Max adjusted to only 2 or 3 (range 1-7) depending on the car then I make my final Force adjustment on my wheel. That is usually set between 20 and 80, the range is 0-100, so you can really adjust how you want each car to feel. Then there are other adjustments besides just force you can make with Fanatec and that wheel is not even that well supported yet, more should be coming. The range of feeling that you can adjust thru is really amazing, I would imagine the T-GT to be even better if the motor is as strong as the Fanatec motor.

I had a DFGT, a T500 and the CSL Elite, and the CSL is by far the best wheel I’ve ever tried. And I just got the McLaren GT3 add on and it feels amazing! I’m still getting used to it, but it’s really good to grip and looks awesome.

Last edited:
@ parker lewis, most pc games not designed to navigate with wheel, but you can use keybind tools to make digital pad working if the game dont support it. Try antimicro, bind digipad to arrow keys ect (have tyed it 5mins ago, works) :) Or you can use forza emuwheel1.3 for horizon3 & forza7.

I recently upgraded my T150 to a CSL Elite. It's a great wheel, but PDI still hasn't implemented some of its features such as the on-wheel rev-lights.

TGT is probably the best for people who only race in GTS; for those that also race in other games, the CSL Elite is currently better supported, but I suppose future games will support the TGT as well.

Back