Best Steering Wheel on the Market for GTS?

• Thread starter GA 52
  • 216 comments
Very good wheel,yes.''The most superior wheel out there'',absolutely not.

There is no T-DFB in PC or other PS4 games.

If you visited more often the Sim Racing Hardware forum(which is very interesting forum) you would know that I'm pretty well informed about T-GT.;)
Very good wheel,yes.''The most superior wheel out there'',absolutely not.

There is no T-DFB in PC or other PS4 games.

If you visited more often the Sim Racing Hardware forum(which is very interesting forum) you would know that I'm pretty well informed about T-GT.;)

My feedback given in my previous post is feedback coming from a GT3 racer - he races every weekend. I trust his input and experience over virtual simracers that post their opinion on internet forums any day of the week (the guy has won Belgian Championships...), there's no doubt in my mind that the TGT is the best wheel available at this moment.

Can any of the people arguing my previous post compare "their" wheel with actual on-track race experience?

(Not trying to attack anyone here, just giving my own opinion).

My feedback given in my previous post is feedback coming from a GT3 racer - he races every weekend. I trust his input and experience over virtual simracers that post their opinion on internet forums any day of the week (the guy has won Belgian Championships...), there's no doubt in my mind that the TGT is the best wheel available at this moment.
I will only say that the racing teams use in their simulators Direct Drive wheels not T-GT.Sooner or later Thrusmaster will also make DD wheel and then they will say that it is better than their previous wheels.I am very curious this racing driver to explain what T-GT can reproduce better without T-DFB in comparison with other wheels.

I will only say that the racing teams use in their simulators Direct Drive wheels not T-GT.Sooner or later Thrusmaster will also make DD wheel and then they will say that it is better than their previous wheels.I am very curious this racing driver to explain what T-GT can reproduce better without T-DFB in comparison with other wheels.

I'm talking about 1 racing team, not every single one. He claims his simulator feels exactly like his Porsche 997 GT3 does with the exception of g-forces while cornering/acceleration/braking.

You've got a good point though, TGT isn't direct drive, yet still I believe him :). I'll ask him next time I see him.

Really would love the opportunity to try a T-GT before forking out £600.

If only there was somewhere in London where you could try before you buy

Tesco = 576£ banckzy . I would invite you but kind of all the way up to Newcastle... Cheers - good luck on your hunt. I'm VERY happy with my new T-GT. :cheers:

Really would love the opportunity to try a T-GT before forking out £600.

If only there was somewhere in London where you could try before you buy
banckzy - it started freezing up my screen 3-4 days after I bought it - yesterday it froze one time in the morning then the second time in the afternoon and it happened again when we started our rolling start at Willows = "dead"..... I went back to my old Thrustmaster T 300 and I felt 100% better with it right away. The pedals on the T-GT are the worse! So if you want to pair the wheel with good pedals you will have to add at least 300£ to the whole thing. I don't see anybody want to by the T-GT pedals from you.... my opinion. Today I returned it all to the seller so now I'm looking for another wheel to buy. I hear good things about the Fanatec Elite? They sell them at Amazon for 550£. I don't know yet what to do...? May be I buy a new T-300?

Last edited by a moderator:
banckzy - it started freezing up my screen 3-4 days after I bought it - yesterday it froze one time in the morning then the second time in the afternoon and it happened again when we started our rolling start at Willows = "dead"..... I went back to my old Thrustmaster T 300 and I felt 100% better with it right away. The pedals on the T-GT are the worse! So if you want to pair the wheel with good pedals you will have to add at least 300£ to the whole thing. I don't see anybody want to by the T-GT pedals from you.... my opinion. Today I returned it all to the seller so now I'm looking for another wheel to buy. I hear good things about the Fanatec Elite? They sell them at Amazon for 550£. I don't know yet what to do...? May be I buy a new T-300?
Dont.
Better Fanatecetter Csl elite... with brake cell mode... if you.ve got the money...

Dont.
Better Fanatecetter Csl elite... with brake cell mode... if you.ve got the money...
Thanks a lot Mirror_man!
Dont.
I only find Fanatec CSL Elite online - my google don't get Fanatecetter? JUST found it - sorry... let me check . :)

Dont.
Mirror man - can I please ask if you have a website suggestion where to buy it? I don't find with brake cell mode - Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mirror man - can I please ask if you have a website suggestion where to buy it? I don't find with brake cell mode - Thanks.
Fanatec web site... there you may personalize your packet! Surely but I dont have the link... if you Google it... you ll get it easilly!

Last edited:
Fanatec web site... there you may personalize your packet! Soery but I dont have thw link...vut if you Google it... ypu ll get ir easilly!
Pedals.jpg
Is this the one you mean? I will go to their website!

The CSL Elite PS4 racing wheel is the only part that is PS4 specific. You can use any Fanatec pedals.
Thank you Vagabond! Highly appreciated! Very good to get the "picture" . :) . Cheers :cheers: PS - do I need an adapter?

Appreciated super_gt! :cheers:
But... as I said... best value for money is buyinh the " bundle" with cell brake mod... if you buy separate ( not in the "bundle") the final price will be...much bigger... and sincerilly the difference about what you get on the racing feeling and behaviour , between the " bundle" plus brake cell mode and separate wheel plus v3 pedals aint worth the added amount of money that you ll be paying... simulate that on the Fanatec site... ( price)

Mirrorman - I only find this in "bundle" -- advertised in Amazon. I only have PS4. I can't find where they sell the bundle for my playstation? Thank you for your time!
Fanatec CSL Elite Complete Bundle for Xbox One and PC

I'm really pissed about the politics of PD regarding Logitech and Thrustmuster. Obviously the game is providing to a Thrustmaster-wheel way more data, so the FFB feels far better. You can feel the limit where you lose grip much better.
I had T150 before and now G29. The G29 is a far higher quality product, but it feels compared to T150 really dull. Its like having s.. with a condome. Sorry, but thats the best way to describe it.

Daigo, I'm sorry but 350 Euro in difference in prices makes me slightly concerned..... I have a feeling these are two different packages.

Fanatec

Amazon
What's included
CSL Elite Racing Wheel for PS4
CSL Elite Pedals

They are not. Trust me, I have ordered the wheel directly from Fanatec. There is nothing wrong with it:lol:

Edit: What price is it showing for you? Fanatec is 519 euros and Amazon is 580 pounds which translates to a price difference of about 150 euros.

Daigo, I'm sorry but 350 Euro in difference in prices makes me slightly concerned..... I have a feeling these are two different packages.

You have no reason to doubt...

This last link is for the oficial site of Fanatec...and I must say that this is the real one... and dont forget that there are aditional costs for the mail delivery!!

You must still add the adtional cost for the brake cell mod... as only with it , you'll have the 3rd pedal.and a better brake pedal...

Last edited:
Yiu have no reason to doubt...

This last lonk is for the oficial site of Fanatec...and I must say that this is the real one... and dont forget that there are aditional costs for the mail delivery!!

You must still add the adtional cost for the brake cell mod... as only with it , you'll have the 3rd pedal.and a better brake pedal...
Now I see things quite clearer! Thanks a lot Mm! - looks like definitely worth the cost! I owe you a beer or three! Cheers. :cheers:

Wow - how do you like the set-up? Compared to what you had before? :)

I had a T300RS before. The steering is only slightly better as the T300 was already pretty good. The real game changer are the brakes. As Mirror_man already said, you have to add the load cell kit to get the full experience. But be prepared, it doesn't work out of the box. You have to assemble the pedals and find the right settings for you.

I had a T300RS before. The steering is only slightly better as the T300 was already pretty good. The real game changer are the brakes. As Mirror_man already said, you have to add the load cell kit to get the full experience. But be prepared, it doesn't work out of the box. You have to assemble the pedals and find the right settings for you.
You mention the pedals DaigoD - as I understand it's only the brake pedal that makes the difference - right? Or do you need to assemble all three? - You guy's have been very helpful!

You mention the pedals DaigoD - as I understand it's only the brake pedal that makes the difference - right? Or do you need to assemble all three? - You guy's have been very helpful!

They come unassembled. You have to assemble all three but it is not difficult. And yes, the load cell brake makes the difference.

Glad to be of help.

Back