Best way to make money

• Thread starter slowman
  • 268 comments
I notice this as well. In my attempt to level up to S Class, the first race (on A Class) seems to be very easy. Then in the second and third races the AI becomes much harder to overtake/shake-off. It's as if they have 'learned' your driving habits and tries to put up a bigger fight.

Yea, somewhere in the in-game user guide it mentions how every time you win a race, the AI gets smarter. Which has resulted in me being pretty pissed off a few times.

I notice this as well. In my attempt to level up to S Class, the first race (on A Class) seems to be very easy. Then in the second and third races the AI becomes much harder to overtake/shake-off. It's as if they have 'learned' your driving habits and tries to put up a bigger fight.

I have noticed this as well... I thought I was just driving worse... but reading this changes my mind :D

I was sulking as I saved up for my Veyron (drifting on Grand Canyon with my Subaru) went to the test course and couldn't beat the Citroens...

...until I realised that the Veyron has 7 Gears :) :) :) ha ha ha ha ha

Very funny!

P.s. 150,000 for a 3:24 race is the quickest money I can make.

I was sulking as I saved up for my Veyron (drifting on Grand Canyon with my Subaru) went to the test course and couldn't beat the Citroens...

...until I realised that the Veyron has 7 Gears :) :) :) ha ha ha ha ha

Very funny!

P.s. 150,000 for a 3:24 race is the quickest money I can make.

:D Funny guy. Now scratch your head and help me figure out how I will use my G25 H-pattern shifter on the Veyrons when I transfer them to GT5. ha ha

Seriously, any adult with reasonable disposable income, but with constraints on their time, and no readily available GTPSP-playing friends, should buy a second GTPSP setup--it's not worth spending the time to do lots and lots of mediocre money-making races when you can do other things while your drones do it for you. And the jackpots, and the fact the game day doesn't change, just reinforce the argument.

After a successful set of Test Course autopilot races last night, mostly short, with some jackpots, I went to 3 laps of Sarthe(old). That got up to a 3x payout, my R92CP beating up on the Veyron in my new "drone game". So I did a 20 lap race and got a jackpot (4x) too. But unfortunately all those Sarthe race jackpots were exclusive to me (it's nice instead to finance your drone game, too). But I did buy a 787B which I later discovered I could share with my drone. (The fact the 787B is shareable should be mentioned in some "FAQ" somewhere; is it the "best" shareable car?).

Still continuing in the same session, I started a Nürburgring 600km race (30 laps) before I went to bed, as I had done the night before (Cr800,000 is reasonable income, even without jackpots). I woke up in the middle of the night, and it appeared the finished race did not get a Jackpot. I was at about Cr10,000,000. So I started another 600km race, and when I next woke up, I was sitting at Cr16,000,000 and the drone had got something almost as substantial, too. So he must have got about a 7x jackpot in 2nd place, I think.

And while cleaning up and saving after that, I tested and discovered you can go to "Multiplayer/trade" even if there's no other PSP around (but you probably need your WLAN switch on), and thereby view all your tradeable cars (mostly the best ones)--you can even put them into your favourites from there. So this is another "sort" option.

I might see if my new drone game can collect (from me) all the cars available to him without ever leaving day 1.

Last edited:
@SportWagon:

Do you work for Sony? Man, no way I'm going to buy an extra PSP with GT, just to get more money fast, no bloody way!!! :grumpy:

Or so I told myself when reading your post. Since about an hour I'm the proud owner of a second PSP, with GT, and ready for making some serious money. :dunce:

I feel like a spoiled little kid and a little bit ashamed. :dopey:

It is indeed a good way to make a lot of money fast, but it is also fun driving against the AI, with the thrill of a possible jackpot race. There is one drawback though when in Adhoc mode, regarding the AI: they suck, big time! And that must be because I haven't brought any tracks up to a decent level (A or S) on the 2nd PSP. I could go through the agony by doing just that, but that takes a lot of time, time I'd rather spend on bringing the tracks to a higher level on my main PSP. :nervous:

I tried to copy my game progress file to the 2nd PSP (with its own memory card), but the game (GT) does not except this and complains that the progress data came from another system (my original PSP). :grumpy:

So my question is, is there a way to transfer/copy the game progress file to another system, without having to resort to major hacking?

@SportWagon:

Or so I told myself when reading your post. Since about an hour I'm the proud owner of a second PSP, with GT, and ready for making some serious money. :dunce:

I feel like a spoiled little kid and a little bit ashamed. :dopey:

Did the same thing. Purchased my second psp this afternoon :D
Got the US GT entertainment pack.

I like the screen of the psp2000 better.
It's smoother than the 3000.

So here I am, racing AI vs AI to earn money :)
At least now I don't have to borrow my friend's psp.

But the silliest thing is...
After you have a second PSP, you don't need so much money.

If you turn autosave off, you can buy all the shareable cars you want, and give them for free to your second game. You should now save the second game. (But make sure you don't save your first game!) Now, restart the first game (use "Home" key). Now have the second game share its garage with the first game! You only need as much money as allows you to easily buy all available shareable cars each day--and even that's not a necessity (you could do a couple of "batches"). With shareable cars, the game even takes care of determining which cars you don't have. You do need some extra money for tradeable cars, however.

Now, if you have extra memory sticks, you can do a similar thing with "Trade", but you need to plan ahead a little--snap up those cheap tradeable cars (e.g. Citroën 2CV's or Mazda 323F's) in bulk (in both first and second game)! You can trade them to your other game for expensive tradeable cars. You can make a save, buy the tradeable cars, have your second game give you a cheap car for them (note that trading does do an autosave, though), and then go back to your backup memory stick. You can then get your cars back for Cr21,000 2CV's. Another extra memory stick is necessary if you also want your second game to keep the expensive cars. So you end up buying expensive Tradeable cars for the cost of the cheap cars. (It does seem silly that you can buy up to 10 copies in each colour of the "rare" tradeable cars).

Quite honestly, though, although the "shareable" technique is really easy, the "tradeable" technique is quite time-consuming and stressful.

I'm glad my PSP's are two different colours (black and silver). If yours are both the same colour; you might want to very clearly mark them somehow. (at the very least, use different utility screen backgrounds!)

The difference in AI in my second game is noticeable. It couldn't beat a 787B with an R92CP at the 'Ring (S versus D). I needed to have my first game autopilot use a Lister Storm to allow the second game R92CP to win. When you add extra AI players, you seem to get a slightly less good clone of each player's car. Unless it's actually my tuning.

Of course, maybe I should try and spend more time practicing driving the more powerful cars myself. :)

I tried to copy my game progress file to the 2nd PSP (with its own memory card), but the game (GT) does not except this and complains that the progress data came from another system (my original PSP). :grumpy:

So my question is, is there a way to transfer/copy the game progress file to another system, without having to resort to major hacking?
I've heard from a couple of people the answer is "no". Which would be annoying if a system dies.

Last edited:
But the silliest thing is...
After you have a second PSP, you don't need so much money.

If you turn autosave off, you can buy all the shareable cars you want, and give them for free to your second game.
Been doing this since I read it from the other thread.

Now, if you have extra memory sticks, you can do a similar thing with "Trade", but you need to plan ahead a little--snap up those cheap tradeable cars (e.g. Citroën 2CV's or Mazda 323F's) in bulk (in both first and second game)! You can trade them to your other game for expensive tradeable cars. You can make a save, buy the tradeable cars, have your second car give you a cheap car for them (note that trading does do an autosave, though), and then go back to your backup memory stick. You can then get your cars back for Cr21,000 2CV's. Another extra memory stick is necessary if you also want your second game to keep the expensive cars. So you end up buying expensive Tradeable cars for the cost of the cheap cars. (It does seem silly that you can buy up to 10 copies in each colour of the "rare" tradeable cars).

So that is why I have a "few" Fiat 500 F '65s in my garage ;)

I'm glad my PSP's are two different colours (black and silver). If yours are both the same colour; you might want to very clearly mark them somehow. (at the very least, use different utility screen backgrounds!)
Black & silver here also.
And different protective cases to boot. :)

I've heard from a couple of people the answer is "no". Which would be annoying if a system dies.
I hear ya. Bummer when it happens.

Quick Cash.... (at least in my opinion)

Track: High Speed Ring (Normal)
Difficulty Level: S

Car: RUF R-GT
Settings: All Stock except...
Tires: R3
TCS: Off or at 2 depending on how "slidy" you like the car.

Laps: 4 = $120,000
Laps: 5 = $150,000

takes about 5 minutes to complete the 4 laps, OR 6 minutes and some change to complete the 5 laps. If anyone knows any better way... let me know because so far this is the only thing I've been doing.. saving up for some prototypes!!!

takes about 5 minutes to complete the 4 laps, OR 6 minutes and some change to complete the 5 laps. If anyone knows any better way... let me know because so far this is the only thing I've been doing.. saving up for some prototypes!!!
If you don't mind getting bored: Veyron - Test Track - S-class - 2 laps = $150,000 - 3.5 minutes.

Quick Cash.... (at least in my opinion)

Track: High Speed Ring (Normal)
Difficulty Level: S

Car: RUF R-GT
Settings: All Stock except...
Tires: R3
TCS: Off or at 2 depending on how "slidy" you like the car.

Laps: 4 = $120,000
Laps: 5 = $150,000

I found that a good compromise track. And it was a good place to test a new car. You'll take a bit longer with slower cars, but most of the track is easy, but you do get a chance to feel the braking and cornering of the car in the central esses.

Now I have lots of money but don't need so much, my focus has changed to unlocking tracks and advancing the days. I can't help using my trusty mediocre BMW 320i Touring Car for most road courses (single manufacturer on). 1 lap races until I get to a level where that's not enough to get to the front. I like to make sure I register a win at B,A, and S, and like to finish with a Cr150,000 distance S race. I did use a Nissan R92CP to unlock Laguna Seca. I didn't use single manufacturer, and so ended up racing three Escudos for some reason. :confused:

If you don't mind getting bored: Veyron - Test Track - S-class - 2 laps = $150,000 - 3.5 minutes.

If you take the right line, you can consistently finish a 2-lap race in 3:20.xxx - but you're right, you'll be bored out of your mind after doing this a few times consecutively. I've come to hate the Test Track (never really loved this one) and the Bugatti Veyron (it now reminds me of the Test Track!).

If you take the right line, you can consistently finish a 2-lap race in 3:20.xxx - but you're right, you'll be bored out of your mind after doing this a few times consecutively. I've come to hate the Test Track (never really loved this one) and the Bugatti Veyron (it now reminds me of the Test Track!).

Well I usually play GT at work during lunch, and I get an hour so about 10 minutes usually goes to playing... I think out of those 10 I can do it 2 times before I get really DEAD bored... thanks for the tip though...

and I like Test Track ONLY when I play against my girlfriend... drafting battles are fun!! except when she constantly is pushing me up against the wall causing the scenery to spin like crazy ;)

I've been doing Veyron/test track a lot lately, and to keep from being bored, I've been giving the AI a head start. Super drafting speeds, last second wins enhance the excitement.

Max cash code, ON. It don't get no better then that ;)

Best way to Farm Cash? Any way you like, & are willing to put up with...

I couldn't imagine how much time it would take to Farm the amount of cash I have already spent in GT PSP. :crazy:

True, once you resort to mulitple PSPs, and reloading from backups, you're close to violating some spirit of the game anyway. But it is sort of fun to work within the available interface. With multiple PSPs, you don't need to spend so much cash...

Synthesizing things people have said, I used a strategy this morning.

Play Party Race on shortish tracks. (I used Test Course (3 laps out of superstition).

Keep going until you get a 2x jackpot. There's then a high probability the next race will be 3x jackpot, either exclusive or shared. So maybe make race a little longer. If you get the 3x jackpot, there's still a high probability the next will be a 4x jackpot, but probability seems to drop off after that. So make that 4x race as long as you have time for.

This morning I did, making my faithful drone (stupid R92CP versus S-level Lister Storm) win, IIRC...
Test Course 3laps, won 2x exclusive
Test Course 4laps, won 3x shared
Test Course 20laps, won 4x exclusive

So my winning drone made himself about Cr5,000,000 in about 45minutes while I was eating breakfast.

I need to see how changing track or race type affects things. An exclusive 4x jackpot would be really nice after a 60 or 70 lap or so all night Nürburgring race.

Last edited:
Without a second PSP or internet connection, the only way I can farm cash is at the Test Course. It's not that bad really, I just make it a target to get enough money to buy cars from the four available dealerships in one day. Then to 'roll-over' to the next dealership cycle I do a race on the 'Ring with any car that I've just bought that I'd like to try. Could take up anywhere from 1 to 5 hours lol. If I don't reach the target money or I get too tired, I just put my PSP on standby and continue tomorrow. Oh, and I put some music on as well to take my mind off the boredom.

I like to think of it as a homage to my childhood obsession with the Max Speed Cup in GT1.

I grew bored of the Test Track as well. So I shifted my focus to one-make GNX races on a given track until I unlock S-Rank on that track. I start off with 2 laps and increase the laps if I cannot take first place in the upper ranks. I don't leave the race screen so that the day does not advance, or should I say I try not to. :) I figured (A) I'll eventually start learning the track, (B) I'll eventually get more comfortable with the car, (C) I'll earn some credits in doing so, (D) I'll eventually unlock S rank on that track. I think I personally get more out of it this way.

This method will guarantee to make 300k credits in approx 5mins and 30 seconds... heres how i discovered it..

before a race, you can change number of laps and see how this affects your credits earned.. so first thing to do is get the test track to S Class, this should be very easy, 6 or 7 races to do it. and do 2 lap races as there is no point doing 3 or more,

next, and i know this is easier said then done, buy a veyron or anything faster is there is a faster car...

now race your veyron on the test track oval, for 1 lap you earn 70k and for 2 laps 150k, this means 2 laps is more worth while then 1 lap twice, eg, 70k + 70k = 140k where as 2 laps = 150k, you will also notice that 2 laps pays the exact same as 3 laps, why? i have no clue, another thing i noticed is that 99 laps pays about 1M credits.. there abouts but that will take about 3 hours to do... or do it in sets of 2 lap races, with 150k a race... and you will win every one easy as pie.. you can earn your 1 mill credits in just 6 races!!!! taking only 18 mins approx!!! hell easier then 3 ******* hours!!!... every car pays the same so if the PD F1 racer is quicker... use that!! and if u have not got a veyron then race ur fastest car and keep checking the dealer every 2 races.. so there u go....

Easy as pie.... fast as hell.... and better then drifting...

downside.... its sooooooo boring but if u want cash and ur motivated... its easy

It takes longer because you have to wait for it to load between races. The F1 won't be quicker as they have low top speeds. And yeah, it really is boring. That's how I get money, but sometimes these days I can't even be bothered for cars I want :P

thats how i make my cash. really boring but its the best way to do it.

do some of the drifting ones if you are bored then go bakc to the test track.

Same method here really boring way to do it but it's the best way. Can't get used to the drifting so I just go back to the Test Track.

Back