best way to start a drift

• Thread starter tfujiwara
  • 23 comments
PeachSergeantz
Same as PSN but I dont use it.
kind of a stupid question here but o well here it goes, what is the best way to start a drift in gt4?
Nitrous tap or hand brake?

Out of those two choices I'd say the handbrake would be better.

But what you need to learn is a few techniques that you can read up on here, here, and here. Here is also a thread with nothing but recommendations for beginner drift cars. And to go along with that thread is this one, which gives you the Drift Settings Depot.

Here are two full guides, one by BL, and this one by Ske.

Not sure if you were asking for all of that......anyways, the best way I find to start a drift is to use the feint, gets it going every time.

well that depends on your car and your tires.., if your car can shift weight, feint, lift-off or just using the brakes is enough to start a drift.., for the tires, IMO N3's are the best..,

You know there are thousands of FAQs on questions as simple as this and they are in CAPITAL LETTERS...

i Brake, then feint, then Power Over sequentially.

I don't think its possible to feint and then power over. After you feint then you're just driving. Power over is just driving like normal and mashing the gas causing the tires to lose grip. So really you're only mixing a brake and feint.

Less extreme of a feint, just enough to get a bit of slip angle into the car so that the rears can be toked to keep the drift going?

i feint into a slide then power the slide through the cornerand out the other side

Maybe, but I don't believe that's classified as power over, it just you modulating the throttle, albeit at full.

i sometimes use lift-off or accel-off.., but most of the time i use brakes or power over..,

Maybe, but I don't believe that's classified as power over, it just you modulating the throttle, albeit at full.

But starting the initial slip with a very mild feint followed by dropping the hammer to get it sideways further would be considered a mix of the two, would it not?

But starting the initial slip with a very mild feint followed by dropping the hammer to get it sideways further would be considered a mix of the two, would it not?

Agreed, this is one of my main methods of initiating a drift. Either that or I just lift off and power over. To me its about throttle control, usually a lot of it. I know its not the same for all drifters, but it works for me.

the feint is the easiest way to start a drift

1- start braking and down-shifting
2-feint and enter the corner
3- full throttle (be careful) and countersteer

Thanks Xavierd1!!! thats exactly what I was looking for.:)👍

That's the same thing i wrote...

i'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed considering its not a duscussion, but rather of opinions

A best way to start a drifting or a Drift is to practice, though I hoped you did some researched before making this thread. Matter of techniques is the small task but people tend to use multiple techniques once they know them. You suggest N02 but some say Ebrake, but take a look at Keiichi's Drift Bible. Its a good reference on what techniques is being used and also how to setup a car. One more thing, experiment and practice. Have fun with it, Xavier might say feint is the best way some other person might say Ebrake or N02 is better. It depends on your own personal style.

if was you i'll just brake and then e-brake but all cars you dont need to do that dont used your nos cause all that is doing is making your tire go faster but how ever it is good on some turns

Back