Best/Worst You've Dealt With in GTA Online

• Thread starter Dan
  • 2,929 comments
DK
So, after about 7/8 successes, I recorded my first failed Import mission. It was a Roosevelt Valor, and I got chased down by two arseholes in a Buzzard. After the hell those choppers put me through while fetching an ETR-1 this morning, I was in no mood to deal with another one, but they managed to deal $32k worth of damage before finally blowing me up about 500m from my Warehouse in El Burro Heights. :irked:

At least I got more kills against them than they had against me. :indiff:
I've failed a few collections, a few of them because there was too much damage and figured I may as well just blow it up and get another but never failed a delivery....yet.

Flipping a Roosevelt in general just sucks. It's not fast enough to outrun enemies leaving you to either deal with them yourself or pay thousands in repair costs.

I think I only failed a few times stealing the cars, twice was due to the stealing at sea scenario and once was due to a group targeting CEOs with one using a Jet.

A recent bad moment for was me killing one guy who tried to kill me whilst just cruising around and then having him and his buddy snipe me to hell and back, I get clear and then get texted "11-1 GG". :rolleyes:

Now I responded with the fair point that 2 on 1 is hardly worth bragging about, he responds with I shouldn't have killed his friend, I responded with he shouldn't have tried doing the same to me.

And then they started coming after me again so I needed an equaliser, to the tank I went and levelled the playing field, 2 mins later text saying "Tank Scrub". :ouch:

After I eventually got blown up, they came after me yet again with both a Tank AND a Jet, To think a few minutes before that they were saying i'm a scrub for picking a tank and yet there they were, the guy in the Jet even went into passive mode just to go pick up his jet. :mad:

I called them a pair of hypocrites and went and did some missions.

Last night with zero constructive motivation in me, I parachuted from the maze bank to the lower CEO skyscraper nearby and set up shop on the rooftop with a heavy sniper and a homing launcher to keep me company. :)

I figured if i'm gonna wreck someone's business, might as well do it the old fashioned way. :D

It was also quite the test of the games draw distance as well, people on foot couldn't be seen at its limits, yet they could be when in a car. :confused:

This should give you a more visual idea of what my set up was..

With such an overview of the area including the often busy Los Santos Customs, It was quite a therapeutic hour or so's sniping and occasionally shooting down or scaring off passing choppers with the homing launcher. :P

All in all, couple of choppers shot down, quite a few civilian cars destroyed, many kills including one thinking he was safe in an Insurgent numerous times. :lol:

And then I picked up another parachute, jumped off and landed on a lower rooftop and did it again for another half an hour. :sly:

I have zero luck with Cargobobs right now. Between needing to try at least 5 times to get one to spawn at the airport, getting crippled by ultra-accurate cheating AI enemies after just one or two car theft missions or having them de-spawn when I go into my garage, I am goddamn fed up of getting screwed by this game.

DK
I have zero luck with Cargobobs right now. Between needing to try at least 5 times to get one to spawn at the airport, getting crippled by ultra-accurate cheating AI enemies after just one or two car theft missions or having them de-spawn when I go into my garage, I am goddamn fed up of getting screwed by this game.

I feel you. If you're still struggling to get Cargobobs, try flying back and forth over the Merryweather base at the dockyards. You'll either get a Cargobob, Buzzard, or Maverick, but the latter isn't as common for me. Sometimes the guards will randomly shoot at you for getting into one of their choppers, but if you kill them first there won't be any issues. :lol: I should mention that you will not get a wanted level for entering the base or killing the guards.

DK
That's why I just bought one. Makes the whole thing easier.

Is there a trick to hooking things with the Cargobob? I'm awful at it.
At least on the PS3, you tap the right directional button to deploy (or detach if you already have something hooked) the hook. To hook something I believe it's just a matter of finding the sweet spot to trigger the hook hooking to whatever you're trying to hook.

I'm assuming you're on PlayStation and it's the same between 3 and 4. I've only used a Cargobob on PS3.

At least on the PS3, you tap the right directional button to deploy (or detach if you already have something hooked) the hook. To hook something I believe it's just a matter of finding the sweet spot to trigger the hook hooking to whatever you're trying to hook.

I'm assuming you're on PlayStation and it's the same between 3 and 4. I've only used a Cargobob on PS3.
I just seem to be dragging the hook over the roof, bonnet, and boot of the car before I unceremoniously land it on the top on the car and damage it :lol:

I just seem to be dragging the hook over the roof, bonnet, and boot of the car before I unceremoniously land it on the top on the car and damage it :lol:
That's my luck most of the time. It's like 15% of the time I can actually hook onto something. The rest of the time I'm smashing the living hell out of whatever I'm trying to pick up. And what makes it worse is I seem to never be able to grab something when I need to. For example, grab my personal vehicle when another player is trying to destroy it. :lol::lol:

I felt really good earlier when I hook it instantly. I swear it used to be like that but it changed. Just dropped the hook on the car and away, as opposed to the 3 minutes I spent trying when I was delivering.

I felt really good earlier when I hook it instantly. I swear it used to be like that but it changed. Just dropped the hook on the car and away, as opposed to the 3 minutes I spent trying when I was delivering.
Like I said, I believe you have to find that sweet spot and have just the right touch. To me it feels like fighting World War 3 or something. :lol:

Nothing tops the heists. Solid 10 minutes of effort, co-ordinating the team and making sure you're doing all the right things quickly. Everything's perfect. Then someone disconnects. OH THE RAGEEEEEEEE! :banghead: :D

That's why I just bought one. Makes the whole thing easier.
Same here, I was grinding all evening yesterday to afford one while it was still on sale. Maybe I should have held off on the Elegy & Comet Retro Customs. :embarrassed:

So another night of GTA, another night of run of the mill chaos cut short, not by Rockstar servers, but by people exploiting the kick vote in lobby's with small numbers to get a lobby to themselves.

Was just me and another random who joined me on a fun adventure in the Ruiner 2000 ( Of which i'll post some highlights after this rant.) then two members from the same clan with I assuming a 3 friend joined the lobby.

Just to clarify, they just joined, we didn't antagonise them or was anywhere near them and yet they abused the kick vote to get a lobby to themselves. :mad:

What really tears it for me is there is a thing called 'Friend Only sessions and I'm pretty sure you can still do CEO jobs in them.

Ok, rant over and now on to the positives.:)

As mentioned, I was driving a random around in the Ruiner 2000 and aside from the usual messing with cops, I added some variety to the mix.

Starting with this..

Following on after that with this.. :D

I also parked it perfectly on the train after that as well. :P

Later on after getting an air lift to the top of Chillad, decided to do something that I think @SomePlayaDude was attempting to do awhile back, how far can a Ruiner glide from the top of Chillad?

Here's your answer.. :eek:

It could easily go much further, but I figure that a CEO Helipad would seem a fitting place to land it. :lol:

Good:
Completed a relatively easy kill list with a Rhino (almost free 20k)

Got a few stunt race podiums

Managed to kill someone trying to run me over with a Insurgent, using the new-ish Skorpion-like SMG, several times.

Bad:
Lost around 20k in a stunt race because of people in ridiculously modded T20's (Which OFC had dollar sign rims) and Zentorno's being incapable of driving for 30 seconds without ramming someone off the road.

Failed the Prison Break Heist twice because of the pilot getting shot down by the pilot. Ant then dying while parachuting at the very end on the second attempt.

Prison Break. Our first run went well until...
bzCCSqt.gif

...then second run the Velum was destroyed and pilot left

Then joined a Humane Labs with all set ups, then this happened
18kHrd3.gif

2nd run, Valkyrie was destroyed, and crew member left

Been having loads of fun running CEO Work with @ZDUPH the last 2 days. Made loads of money so far, enough to buy Weazel Plaza, Coquette, Infernus, Contendor and all the DLC guns on my secondary character (also went from Level 30 to 40 in 1 night), with 450k to spare. Currently going to try and save for the Elegy Retro or maybe buy one of the new DLC cars today.

So this is a first.

I just bought my brand new Progen GP1 and drove it down to the nearest LS Customs. Nobody else was around to try and stop me. As I was browsing through the stuff you can get for the car (which is quite a lot), all of a sudden it backed me out and said that "Los Santos Customs is closed", and thee was an Insurgent with two people inside blocking the door out. Before I could do anything, I was stickybombed and destroyed, thus forcing me to call Mors Mutual and waste 5 minutes getting back to where I was.

Some people :rolleyes:

Was The Beast twice
fuYZbyp.jpg

This went reasonably well, almost died when a hotshot Lazer pilot almost took me out. Was able to take him out with the minigun and completed this one

qOJXvXI.jpg

This one had some really bad lag for some reason. One person caught up,then lagged bad and lost most of my health. Then just 4 more checkpoints and more lag ended that run.

GSVo4oz.jpg

Pacific Standard, should have been a somewhat easy 250 grand but....someone kept dying and lost a bunch on the way to the canyon. Only compensated with 167 grand for many restarts...and this also.

s9F9daT.gif

...and this hotshot wasn't quite so hot

What was the Velum pilot trying to accomplish? Honestly. I can understand pulling evasive maneuvers if the Lazer gets a missile lock on you, but it is such an easy role. All you have to do is fly behind the jets and watch your speed so you don't hit the jet or stall.

Prison Job is probably the most frustrating/annoying heist in the whole game.

I feel bad for the ground team, since they have way too much stuff to watch out for. Can the "prisoner" access their own weapons, or do they rely on a teammate to drop one?

Dan
I feel bad for the ground team, since they have way too much stuff to watch out for. Can the "prisoner" access their own weapons, or do they rely on a teammate to drop one?
No, but most of the prison guards drop carbine rifles so it isn't a big issue.

Dan
What was the Velum pilot trying to accomplish? Honestly. I can understand pulling evasive maneuvers if the Lazer gets a missile lock on you, but it is such an easy role. All you have to do is fly behind the jets and watch your speed so you don't hit the jet or stall.
Pilot or demolition is rather easy in that one.

Demolition is probably the most tedious job for the heist. It's not difficult at all, but it absolutely sucks when someone fails the heist and you have to do everything again.

Having just finished a Courier Service mission on GTA last night, I went to go get in my Comet Retro and saw quite possibly the greatest thing I'd ever seen in GTA. An AI driven Cavalcade had somehow ended up in the alleyway near Franklin's house (right next to the car wash) and was having "issues" getting back onto the road. He kept crashing into a wall, reversing, and then crashing again up until he got stuck between a lamppost and garage door, and just crashed inbetween the two until the car caught fire and blew up, taking the driver with it.

So, I got screwed out of a win three times yesterday...by the track itself.

Wait, wut?

Turns out R* can't be arsed testing their new Stunt Races properly, and in two Super class races, my RE7B needed multiple tries at one particular ramp because it couldn't get high enough, and the same happened to my Omnis on Big Drop. :grumpy:

Reminds me of the Double Loop stunt race. Noticed that at the start, taking the (faster) loop side instead of the jump side in the Zentorno made me clip into the part where the boost panels are right after that first loop, therefore ruining my race.

Only a problem with the Zentorno, I don't have problems with the Sultan RS, Penetrator, or RE-7B.

Back