Best/Worst You've Dealt With in GTA Online

• Thread starter Dan
  • 2,929 comments
Dan
Oh. Thanks for clarifying.
Yeah. A lot of people used to think that this crew was nothing but modders and modded accounts so those of us that stayed on the 3 prefer to play a little more defensively these days. I usually just play passive and defend our base from above and only go ground (or start to exploit the modded account I use now) when people require me to play with the mentality of a cheater by cheating themselves.

Last edited:
Another day, another run in with a jet greifer with no concept of double standards. :rolleyes:

Starts simple enough, Guy in jet has a bounty, guy tries and fails to blow up my DOD (Got my money's worth out this thing:D) and crashes.

Said guy then does every cheap trick to keep his bounty, for example, Wastes countless rockets to keep me at bay and destroying my Dukes in the process, Blowing himself up before I can finish him to keep it and so on. :ouch:

He tries going off radar, but I correctly guessed which way he would attack and I mowed his sorry self down. :cool:

Cue the saltiness and petty revenge... :rolleyes:

Throws a 1k bounty on me (the cheapskate) and goes and grabs another jet and gets TWO more jets to help out, PLUS a mugger to boot. :scared:

After letting the bounty go to a random, I decided to go passive for once to get away from the noise.

And not even a minute later...

"Passive Punk"

Let me recap, He used 2 jets, two others in jets, a mugger, countless rockets and committed suicide everytime I nearly killed him and I'M the punk?? :confused::banghead:

Naturally I call him out on this and he pretty much repeated his message, albeit more AUP unfriendly, so I just broke out the good old "Aren't you too young to play this game?? line. :sly:

No response, he tailed me for awhile afterwards trying to goad me into coming out of passive, but I wasn't gonna give him the satisfaction.

He then proceeds to crash into a telephone pole and left shortly after. :lol:

All this over a bounty, a bounty in which he spent much more that what the bounty was worth. (9k if you were wondering.)

Oh how I hope the upcoming Gunrunner DLC's anti-air goodies are slightly OP, just to shut these tools down over and over again. :D

Accepted a random invite to Going Down the GOH and didn't notice it was set to Normal. Sure enough, mission started and the host didn't do squat but stand in place with his head looking both ways (rubberbanded, I suspect)...one of those. I blew up the truck, failing the mission, and continued to the job voting screen where I refreshed the list to bring up at least one race.

Proceeded to get 17 race wins off of him before he noticed what was going on and left during the 18th race.

:lol:

The Mallard seems to be nerfed. It's back to it's boring handling characteristics before the last update.

...and then just I was about to deliver a Tropos Rallye to my vehicle warehouse, the very last person leaves my lobby and the car catches fire. This is just 2-3 blocks from the warehouse, and just one block left it explodes. But I was left in a public lobby to myself and able to source a few more vehicles. Too bad it was getting late though, or I would have made a killing.

Today I had a few hours to play...and right after The Beast freemode event started, everyone had left the lobby again. Once again a free public lobby and I had limited time due to other priorities.

Wait, they buffed the Mallard? I haven't touched one in forever, but I know it was stupidly agile from the start. How was it during the last update?

Wait, they buffed the Mallard? I haven't touched one in forever, but I know it was stupidly agile from the start. How was it during the last update?
If it was stupidly agile at the start, the the last update made it so-twitchy-and-agile-that-you-almost-couldn't-control-it agile. Like, take the regular Mallard, and then take away the wind resistance and the turbulence, and that was the last update Mallard.

Yeah.

MOC-related stories because I dig the thing. :D

1. While driving around downtown LS in my huge truck I noticed a bounty and headed towards them to observe the carnage. The moment he saw me he began trying to kill me with sticky bombs to no avail and on the third or fourth bomb he got too close and blew himself up :lol: I then went to the turret inside while he respawned and blasted him for the bounty.

Seconds later two hooligans in an APC showed up as I had started driving again and naturally killed my defenseless character. I called a new MOC and chased them around the city seeking revenge while they terrorized the session, until at some point one of them ordered his own MOC and they parked their APC inside. I was nearby so I pulled up a few meters from them, got into the command center and absolutely went to town on their MOC, blowing them both sky high afterwards. They teleported to Eclipse Towers. :D

2. I was hanging near the airport and wanted to go to the bathroom, so I requested my MOC and went into the trailer. Not even two minutes later I came back and discovered that I had forgotten to set cab access to crew + friends and that as a result I had been kidnapped by a level 41. :lol: He drove the MOC all around LS while I manned the turret and killed people. Unfortunately, we ran into a CEO and his associate who killed the level 41 and abducted me again. They proceeded to ruin my fun and drive my MOC into the sea, so I killed them twice each and left. Why spoil this? :grumpy:

Ended up getting a seven player multi-kill with a minigun and the help of a gas station. The players were surrounding a car at the one gas pump and I saw an opportunity to tear some people apart. I called my trusty pal Lester and went Off The Radar, then made my way to a wall across the street from the gas station. I started shooting the one pump until it blew up, which took all seven players, five personal vehicles and one or two NPCs and their cars with it. The explosion that got triggered was so big that it actually lagged my system. After a few moments I got a bounty, mercenaries, an air strike, mugger and Merryweather backup helicopter after me from some of the players I killed. I hopped in my Karuma and took off toward Sandy Shores for a helicopter while escaping everything but the bounty. I didn't get killed for the bounty until I made it to the LSIA but the player who claimed it wasn't one of the seven that I killed.

I definitely do do stuff like this a lot, and it's definitely trolling at times, but some of the redemption/retaliation battles I get in as a result are just too great and fun to miss. :lol:

While building hopping on my Oppressor I received an MC invite, so I accepted it because I'd only been in an MC once and that was helping a friend out. I saw they were in their Paleto Bunker and headed there. They started a resupply mission where we had to steal two tanks from Fort Zancudo. Naturally I got there first because I was already going in that direction and managed to steal one tank, but got pummelled when I got out to airlift it. After three deaths (by the exact same soldier without a blip, pulling me out of the Cargobob and shooting me while I'm down) they took the hint and arrived :P They took both tanks, one drove his out and the other tank got airlifted. I rushed towards the other Cargobob, blasted the 🤬 out of that stupid soldier with my shotgun and flew towards the first tank to pick it up, only to get shot down. I land on a jet and use that to escape and at that point there was a convoy of a Cargobob, two tanks and a Lazer doing flybys to take out the cops on the highway.

I was sure that nobody would threaten us, however a typical 3.43 KD jet tryhard showed up. We flew straight for each other spamming the cannons; I eventually blew him up but crashed into the wreckage moments later. We had a sniper fight on the beach (which somehow ended in my favor despite his relentless FP wiggling) while the rest of the MC delivered the supplies. :D

1rp1lp.jpg

I was in the middle of a gunfight with another player when all of a sudden every weapon and all the ammo in my weapons wheel disappeared, leaving me defenseless. Obviously I ended up getting killed, but afterwards I went to a gun store and bought every weapon and all the ammo. Moments later the person who had just killed me came after me again. I tried to fight back but he wasn't taking any damage and I got killed again. After I respawned, I tried to fire an RPG at him from a couple blocks away but it blew up in my face despite having a clear path to shoot.

Obviously I was dealing with a hacker, so I left and found a new session but I still had the same issue with the rocket. I quit the game and started it back up again. I have absolutely zero respect for hackers that ruin the fun and experience for those who would actually like to enjoy the game. If you're not happy with how a game is then either don't freaking play it or play it anyway without hacking. It is literally that simple. And especially don't take it out on those like me who are just trying to enjoy a game with no issue. :rolleyes:

I was in the middle of a gunfight with another player when all of a sudden every weapon and all the ammo in my weapons wheel disappeared, leaving me defenseless. Obviously I ended up getting killed, but afterwards I went to a gun store and bought every weapon and all the ammo. Moments later the person who had just killed me came after me again. I tried to fight back but he wasn't taking any damage and I got killed again. After I respawned, I tried to fire an RPG at him from a couple blocks away but it blew up in my face despite having a clear path to shoot.

Obviously I was dealing with a hacker, so I left and found a new session but I still had the same issue with the rocket. I quit the game and started it back up again. I have absolutely zero respect for hackers that ruin the fun and experience for those who would actually like to enjoy the game. If you're not happy with how a game is then either don't freaking play it or play it anyway without hacking. It is literally that simple. And especially don't take it out on those like me who are just trying to enjoy a game with no issue. :rolleyes:
Pro tip: If a modder takes your guns, go into a mission and back out. You'll get them back right away and usually get the ammo back as well. I gotten pretty used to that since I tend to have my stuff taken from me all the time on the 3 because people don't like getting sniped from rooftops which usually ends in someone calling in their modder to kill me since they can't.

Dan
Why bother killing the player when you can DDoS them?

/s /s /s
I get the sarcasm but I'm not interested in paying for a service to do so or risk potential jail time to have one. The modder I usually run with does (and only uses his against other modders or full scale cheating modded accounts), but I have no interest in having one at all.

Speaking of modders and modded accounts, we had a guy spawn in my crew's lobby today with a snowman outfit using infinite rockets and using nothing but his modded roll to move around. I don't care about the rockets because literally everyone has infinite rockets on the 3, but the snowman makes a person unable to be targeted (an egg placed on a character's head also does that) with lock-on and basically requires sniping or rockets to kill someone (nobody bothers with free aim most of the time). He then cried cause our modder pretty much slaughtered him with his mods but never answered the modder when he was called out for running around combat rolling with a snowman on him in the first place. He said he'd bring his own modder in (which never happened) and then ragequit the sesson with a flurry of profane insults. Our modder's mantra (and the crew follows it as well) is "you cheat, I cheat better" when it comes to people like that and our crew becomes its most dangerous when idiots like that one are around. Otherwise we just snipe or RPG people from rooftops unless we get called out and then used ground game to put them in their place. Hell, I personally spent more time in passive today than I normally do because I was more interested in talking than killing (even though my K/D did go up today on the 3).

For what it's worth, that modder also only uses his menus when people are being very cheat heavy in our lobbies. When nothing is going on or nobody is cheating in our area we base operations at, he either stands around doing nothing on the roof we base operations off of or snipes people when they start shooting, shoots rockets at people with cars, or uses a combat MG to shoot at close targets. Most people who have played in lobbies I'm in never realize he's a modder unless they cheat or if he goes on damage control and fights another modder to try and mitigate cheating before the lobby becomes a modder infested hellhole. And I know for a fact that he was once thanked by other people for stopping a modder from being a stereotypical modder after he made one ragequit and then deleted all the laggy garbage that guy spawned on everyone to try and lag out our modder. Even today, the only guy that knew was the douchebag above. Nobody but us knew because he had no reason to show his hand as a modder to the lobby because nobody was really cheating (except for another modded account that got killed once and ragequit, but he didn't use his mods to kill that person either so he didnt' bother to use his mods then).

Pro tip: If a modder takes your guns, go into a mission and back out. You'll get them back right away and usually get the ammo back as well. I gotten pretty used to that since I tend to have my stuff taken from me all the time on the 3 because people don't like getting sniped from rooftops which usually ends in someone calling in their modder to kill me since they can't.
I'll definitely keep that in mind for next time. 👍

What's with this social stigma on Oppressor owners? Today I was flying from rooftop to rooftop downtown and suddenly a missile from a stray helicopter blew me to pieces. I retaliated with a kill of my own but heard the triple beep once he respawned and floored it.

Later I saw that he was griefing low levels at Vespucci Beach with a tank (who does that? :odd:), so I landed on a nearby roof, flew upwards and rained down missiles from above, burying his tank in the sand. :D I know, that's griefing as well, but I never do it unprovoked...

I should get back on the PS3 version might still prove some fun to have
I'd say go for it. If you do public lobbies a lot maybe we'd run into each other. And if so I apologize in advance if it's with bullets and rockets and whatever else I might use on you not knowing it's you. :lol:

3 lobbies have been quieter lately with Serendipity and Lexicon being shut down. Still a boatload of modded accounts but the pure asshattery is down since most of the modded account idiots don't run guns blazing since their modders are down for the count. I've actually came across more legit accounts than I have in months since those ps3 menus were shut down.

3 lobbies have been quieter lately with Serendipity and Lexicon being shut down. Still a boatload of modded accounts but the pure asshattery is down since most of the modded account idiots don't run guns blazing since their modders are down for the count. I've actually came across more legit accounts than I have in months since those ps3 menus were shut down.
The last time I played GTA: Online PS3 version it was a super-taiku hack fest going around it was flowing like mad fire.

I'd get blown up everytime, I didn't have the same experience as @Johnny1996, but I had my fair share of cool modders that don't ruin everything and were not rogues.

The last time I played GTA: Online PS3 version it was a super-taiku hack fest going around it was flowing like mad fire.

I'd get blown up everytime, I didn't have the same experience as @Johnny1996, but I had my fair share of cool modders that don't ruin everything and were not rogues.
My username is the same as on here lol so I'm sure you won't spray me down with bullets :cheers:

Took a break from I/E so I join a random Prison Heist finale. Well, at least the leader assigned the level 8 to the easy task as Demolition. Then he dies trying to hijack the bus, and I think "great, here we go...". Surprise, Demo does his job and we're on our way towards the end. The Prison Officer had a mic and was coaching us along the way. I was pilot and manage to evade the stars and land on the beach. I see the prisoner parachuting towards the mountain, but he sticks the landing. Then.... our tryhard group leader does this..

OrpHxeO.gif

Is anyone else bothered by this? Deliver a spotless car and then the I/E mechanic does this

T1MoIYh.gif

The latest session I was in wasn't too bad. Started out by completing all daily objectives since they were pretty simple and I wasn't sure what else to do. Then I landed a helicopter in a building downtown and did some sniping. Got about 20 kills before I got killed myself and then went for a round of golf with another player. I intentionally made a fool out of myself for the first half of the game just to try to give the other player a chuckle.

After this I called up Pegasus and had them deliver a jet so I could fly for a little bit. Before I took off another player hopped in and wanted me to take him to the army base for a jet so I did. I tried to fly just on the outer perimeter to avoid getting shot down but it happened anyway as the other player got killed while parachuting down. I called my mechanic and had him deliver my armored Karuma and picked up the other player. I called Lester to bribe the cops and took a jump into the base, where I dropped off the other player by a jet. I hopped in one myself but again the other player got killed so I landed my jet on the beach just outside the army base and let him take it. From there I went to my apartment so I could do something else and now here I am.

Back