Best/Worst You've Dealt With in GTA Online

• Thread starter Dan
  • 2,929 comments
I'm pleased with myself. I doubt I'll ever manage it again, but I'm pleased with myself.

I must've spent a good couple of hours in a lobby today, in my Hydra (just one; I managed to leave untouched), patrolling the skies for others in jets and helicopters. High altitude, scanning the GPS for wings or props, calling my man Lester to go off-radar when available and dive-bombing assailants. I'd even get the occasional text, to which I'd reply: "Stay out of my sky."

Spotted a Hydra in Blaine County, no OTR available, approached to the Hydra going OTR and managing to get behind me. Dogfights can go on forever with lock-on easily evaded, so I headed up and over (to get out of range of potential homing RPG lock-ons) the city to utilize buildings in an attempt to shake him. Getting bored--it's difficult to reverse roles in a dogfight with a decent pilot--I attempted something risky...

Flying around and near Maze Bank, I inverted and switched to vertical thrust for a just a second--long enough to drop below and behind my pursuer--then immediately returned to rear thrust and righted myself. I then pulled up and sprayed him with my cannon.

He sent me a message through PSN after the fact--not to flame me but rather to compliment me on the maneuver--to which I replied: "Stay out of my sky." I added a :P, however. He then sent me a friend request.

That's awesome. I need to spend more time in my Hydra. I'm a big fan of super low altitude flight in my buzzard though. Especially around down town with all the buildings to use as cover from homing missiles.

I'm pleased with myself. I doubt I'll ever manage it again, but I'm pleased with myself.

I must've spent a good couple of hours in a lobby today, in my Hydra (just one; I managed to leave untouched), patrolling the skies for others in jets and helicopters. High altitude, scanning the GPS for wings or props, calling my man Lester to go off-radar when available and dive-bombing assailants. I'd even get the occasional text, to which I'd reply: "Stay out of my sky."

Spotted a Hydra in Blaine County, no OTR available, approached to the Hydra going OTR and managing to get behind me. Dogfights can go on forever with lock-on easily evaded, so I headed up and over (to get out of range of potential homing RPG lock-ons) the city to utilize buildings in an attempt to shake him. Getting bored--it's difficult to reverse roles in a dogfight with a decent pilot--I attempted something risky...

Flying around and near Maze Bank, I inverted and switched to vertical thrust for a just a second--long enough to drop below and behind my pursuer--then immediately returned to rear thrust and righted myself. I then pulled up and sprayed him with my cannon.

He sent me a message through PSN after the fact--not to flame me but rather to compliment me on the maneuver--to which I replied: "Stay out of my sky." I added a :P, however. He then sent me a friend request.

Need you in my lobby when I export my vehicles :lol:

Just had 2 join my session, with my intentions to be friendly. They go to sell cars, and I was intending to do the same. I head over to the warehouse where they just set up 2 vehicles. They went Ghost as I closed in. As I drove up, the CEO fired on me and destroyed my Opressor.

Ok it's on now. Called up my Buzzard, blew up their sourced vehicles, and killed them a few times. Now CEO is out $100 grand? 2 sourced vehicles, 40 grand each, and insurance for my Opressor. Good job. If you had just let me pass it wouldn't have happened. Since it was just us in the lobby, they kick me out. Well, at least I'm not out of anything, it's their loss. Plus, when they activated Ghost, they had 20-30 seconds to leave the area. What's the point if you're going to stand your ground?

Last edited:
They hope to get an advantage out of it I assume since they believe you can't see them. I for one don't mind randoms in the room if they are respectful and mind their own business. Thankfully it's not hard to separate the idiots from the rest of the field.

Prior to the Tour yesterday, I entered a peaceful session. Well, except for @leeislee had a little battle with some CEO that is. Other than that we all went on with our business.
Sorry about that. He tried to kill me for no reason while I was taking some photos of my car. So had to teach him a lesson on what it's like to rage quit. My bad.

He kept texting me trying to be funny. Quoting Family Guy and asking if he could be my new BFF. The replies came in the form of some stinging explosive sniper rounds to his face.

Last edited:
I was driving a supply run back to my bunker and some guy was teleporting around trying to destroy it. Funny thing is he had no sense of strategy and he was far enough in front of me each time he teleported for me to change my route on the fly.

I was driving a supply run back to my bunker and some guy was teleporting around trying to destroy it. Funny thing is he had no sense of strategy and he was far enough in front of me each time he teleported for me to change my route on the fly.
I had a similar situation happen while I was driving around in my Karuma just going on a joyride. He got annoyed and accused me of hacking and started launching grenades at me and further got annoyed when he kept missing, so he went and got a Lazer. I didn't stand a chance against him anymore, but minutes after he started with the jet everyone got disconnected from the session but me.

I had a similar situation happen while I was driving around in my Karuma just going on a joyride. He got annoyed and accused me of hacking and started launching grenades at me and further got annoyed when he kept missing, so he went and got a Lazer. I didn't stand a chance against him anymore, but minutes after he started with the jet everyone got disconnected from the session but me.
That actually means you disconnected. Hence the 7 second internet cut trick for a solo public lobby.

But anyway all I had to do was make sure there was a hill of some kind between him and me. Not hard. :lol:

He kept texting me trying to be funny. Quoting Family Guy and asking if he could be my new BFF. The replies came in the form of some stinging explosive sniper rounds to his face.

Should've served some Herbert quotes back at him ;)

That actually means you disconnected. Hence the 7 second internet cut trick for a solo public lobby.
I'm confused. Everyone left the lobby at once but me and I stayed in that same lobby for over an hour but I was the one that got disconnected?

Clearly I'm one of those new guys or as the young folk call them, a n00b. :lol:

The other day I received a text saying "Is that the new mods?". I assume the Mark II weapons...plus I'm not going to respond, you just killed me earlier.

I'm confused. Everyone left the lobby at once but me and I stayed in that same lobby for over an hour but I was the one that got disconnected?

Clearly I'm one of those new guys or as the young folk call them, a n00b. :lol:
Yes. If you DC then everyone appears to just leave. There are 2 stages of DC. That and when it shoves you back to story mode.

If you get disconnected from a lobby, it'll just show everyone leaving. If you get disconnected from the servers, you get booted into single player.

At least I think that's how it works.

Yes. If you DC then everyone appears to just leave. There are 2 stages of DC. That and when it shoves you back to story mode.
If you get disconnected from a lobby, it'll just show everyone leaving. If you get disconnected from the servers, you get booted into single player.

At least I think that's how it works.
Okay I see how it works now. Thanks. 👍

So during my mega money grind which went from 4.5 million on Thursday to 17.3 million now which is where i'm calling it, I spotted some 3 lower levels who were knocking over the many shops on the coastal road and it reminded me of the early part of my GTA career where I was doing the same thing and was willing to let them keep going at it.

But then one of them got a 5k bounty so they unfortunately had to die. :lol:

But considering they were still occupied on sticking the shops down the road from me up, I hatched a rather evil plan. :mischievous:

Here's how it went down in its 3 min glory.

(Hoping it loads in when I post this.)

And this clip was from shortly after the Nightshark when a 3 person team killed me and tried hiding in my Nightshark from the cops.

That turns out to be a poor choice in keeping their long term health good.

(Again hoping this comes through as it doesn't on the preview.)

Edit: guess it hasn't loaded them in so i'll just put the link for my Xbox DVR clips, recent one is the Evil plan and the second one is the Nightshark shenanigans.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Linthium Reign/videos

Last edited:
Joined a session, and messed around a bit at LSIA. Then I noticed 1 person keeps hounding others trying to run Supplies and such. I head to Humane Labs, and from top the mountain, I covered the other group trying to gather their supplies. I managed a kill, which was long enough for them to make their escape.

Now for some reason, this person has a grudge on this group. We are now at Sandy Shores airstrip, and manage to steal his Oppressor, at least long enough to cause an inconvenience until he restricted his vehicle usage. Fast forward a bit and he tries using a Hydra on his targets but failed. He heads over to Sandy Shores where his new Hydra request is, and I steal a Lazer and head to his direction.

I easily destroy his aircraft before he boards at least twice. I kill him a few times, and he strikes a wingshot on my Lazer with explosive round. Luckily it causes only minor damage, and I keep him away from his jet, until he finally leaves the session. By now the population has dwindled to the CEO group and I and we carry on our businesses.

>delivering vehicle from export warehouse
>less than 1500m away from delivery point
>check map
>CEO buzzard fag incoming
>get to waypoint under garage
>rockets hit garage
>enter garage with full commission
>aw yis
>exit out of cutscene
>very cbf to deal with this scrub
>enter vanilla job solo to see if they go away
>spawn back
>still at garage
>CEO buzzard fag now on top of garage shooting a jet from his own team
>ez m4 kill with silencer
>big echo of wtf goes over the mic as he dies
>getting chased by lazer
>hop into motor wars job
>profit

Not an experience with other players directly, but I bought GTA 5 on steam the other day because it was on sale, and then found out I am no longer able to transfer my online character from the PS3. I returned the game on steam and got a refund.

Dan
Oh that's a glorious sound. Hearing idiots scream in anger through their $10 headsets is one of the most satisfying things about online gaming.

Deserved it anyway, scrubs shouldn't be such tryhards destroying my cargo unless they wanna get trolled :lol:

When someone puts a 9k Bounty on you and that person can't even kill you. :P

Last night, me and my friend were on a free roam PVP rampage last night. While we were wrecking havoc in our APC, there was this one guy who tried to kamikaze us in a plane but failed and crashed so close to us. After seeing that, I texted the guy RIP after seeing his failed kamikaze attempt. After that, he then proceeds to waste 9k to put a 9k bounty on me which he couldn't even claim because I was past his skill level. Interesting enough, I thought this could of been a fair fight to where he could of claimed his bounty as both me and him had access to an APC and explosive rounds heavy sniper MKII and even though he manage to beat our APC with his, unfortunately for him, he was only able to cause our APC to smoke and were able to kill him on foot.

So now came down to our explosive sniper battle. I thought this guy could of laid a few kills on me and claim the bounty since it takes little to no skill to use the Heavy Sniper MKII with explosive rounds as you don't need to rely on body shots to kill someone with it and just blast something that's next to the player. But this guy was still having trouble trying to kill me. To make things further more Tryhard, I was wearing a thermal vision helmet so I could see him through walls, giving me an advantage of the environment. After managing to get a couple more kills on him, he then proceeded to leave the lobby without bothering to claim the bounty. *Another random was able to claim it after he left*

I think it's safe to say the Gun Running and Smugglers Run update has increased my Tryhard instincts so far. But it's not like I can't use a assault rifle or anything automatic.

Just my luck there was an APC causing havoc in my lobby. I'd chase them down with a Buzzard or Oppressor, and once their out of their vehicle, it was pretty easy to take them out with the explosive rounds. This went across Los Santos, and soon another Oppressor joins. Unfortunately he didn't want to join forces, and killed me a few times. But with the advent of two Oppressors against their APC, they soon left the lobby.

Well I just had an interesting experience on the stunt races.

I joined a race at the East Coast track and noticed that there were 4 Nero Customs that looked exactly the same. Two of them led the pack while the other two stationed at the finish line and a different part of the track waiting to punt people off into the ocean, making the other two win.

And I thought I seen the worst of it.

There was one CEO who thought it was his job to ruin other Supply/Delivery runs. After chasing him around in my Oppressor so that he'll be distracted instead of occupied, he decided to run Executive Search. His area was the Vespucci Canals, and he thought he'd be smart and hide in the Wall Breach there. Luckily I've known this one for quite a while, and went to Passive Mode. There were a few others trying to locate him, and I scaled the breach and entered easily. He RPG'd himself immediately so he wouldn't lose his CEO job, and just left the area.

Here's the location if anyone is interested.....just climb on the fence and jump in
s6YP889.jpg

> Finds semi with a log trailer
> Steals it and casually drives around
> Player is a block away, decides to drive by him
> Player kills me instantly (because everyone but me has a perfect aim am I right)
> Destroys my truck and trailer with his Oppresser
>Flys away

:grumpy:

Back