[beta6] GT6 Spec II Mod

• Thread starter Nenkai
  • 185 comments
If the mod gets updated and you stick with my Customization Mod then you will be fine to continue a save unless I specifically remove something. However, the chances of me updating are incredibly slim I'm afraid as the way I have made everything possible has since become obsolete and the least efficient way of doing it (such as breaking some of the new AES sounds!).

You should (should!) be fine with most mod updates unless something is removed, then it can cause issues if you used/interacted/completed said removed data. As an example, I'm pretty sure you can start a save on base GT6 1.22 and do some stuff, then install Spec-II and do some stuff, then install my CM and still be fine. There would be a few things that wouldn't work such as larger credit limit, garage limit & maybe debug menu; but it would be stable. However uninstalling after using will almost certainly cause issues with a save.

However something else is in the works, which will probably need a new save. No ETA, and can't give any details I'm afraid.
Thanks for the reply! And great work with that. Well turns out i can’t play GT6 anyway since it’s graphically broken on the emulator. Gotta wait for emulation improvements.

Gran Turismo 6 - GT6 Spec II Mod
After the successful GT5 Master Mod, my attention has shifted to Gran Turismo 6, this time being joined by @TheAdmiester and his experience in engine sounds to form a mod that improves the overall experience of the game.

This mod, like the GT5 Master Mod, aims to restore features, add new ones, but also add new content, such as bringing back all the lost Seasonals that Polyphony Digital made throughout the course of the game.

⚠️ Disclaimer

This mod is in beta and not everything is completed. Some things may appear broken or missing.​

Feature List

1. Revamped Engine Sounds For 800+ Cars
A major part of the game's engine sounds were redone entirely, using real samples, or using the game's AES/Engine Sound Synthetizer to actually produce engine sounds that sound like one.

Showcase:

2. Recreated Seasonal Events From Scratch
Seasonal Events are back. You can now challenge others again using the various Time Trials, Drift Trials, etc. Currently there are 180 of them, the rest to be added later on.

Showcase (Credits to ThunderTHR):

3. Recreated Gran Turismo 4 Missions (1-34)
Recreated by TheAdmiester with as much fidelity as possible. Some concessions had to be made due to missing tracks from GT4, but almost all missions are spot on.

Showcase (Credits to ThunderTHR):

4. Top Gear Test Track
Re-added from Gran Turismo 5.

5. Custom Tracks are Back
Thanks to users that have provided replays that were played on custom tracks, we were able to extract them and re-add them to the game, in the arcade section. (Yes, rollercoaster is back!)
We currently have ~80+ of them. If you have replays with custom tracks on your console, you can provide them to me so that they can be re-added to the game.
A major thanks to GT Planet for keeping the Custom Tracks section still alive, as without it, we would not have been able to recover some course maps and other details.

6. Develop/QA Menu
For those that just want to skip to getting what they want. Unlock DLCs, get cars/cash, whatever else you want directly inside the game.
  • SELECT in GT Mode on an event changes the current progress for it
  • L1 + Select shows the victory screen for the current class in the menu.
  • R1 + Select shows a development menu in GT Mode.
  • Holding R1 while going to the Racing Gear menu in Garage gives you all the gear.
  • Options now show both Development & Special Menu
  • Holding L1 and going to a GT Auto menu gives you all the paints.
  • Select in any event changes their progress up to Gold.
  • Course ID shown in custom tracks info.
  • L2 + Select starts a demo in GT Mode.
  • .qa displayed after game version in menus
  • Community debug feature to show the course ID
  • GT Auto debug feature to get all paints
  • Enabled Race Menu button to swap car control to AI
  • And more.

7. Fixed Bad Interior Cameras
Some cars that had bad interior cameras were improved. Notably the STRATOS.

8. Daily Bonus
Readded with a few changes. It now goes from 1 to 10 days instead of 5, and goes up to 150% to not be too unbalanced.

9. Tweaked Tire Screeching Sounds
No more excessive loudness.

10. Tweaked License Times
All license times have been significantly made harder to fit the difficulty of previous games. Except S-5. We're not that bad.

11. Other changes
  • LAN Mod enabled. Although it requires PSN to work unlike GT5 which is incompatible with XLink Kai, or else room joiners cannot press any button and join the track.
  • Added Lunar Mission to Arcade, and Earth Versions
  • Added Jupiter & Pluto Gravity versions of Route X.
  • Rover is purchasable from the dealership.
  • You can now edit your player name. This was for some reason an online only feature.
  • Max cars changed from 500 to 1.500. New saves only.
  • Money limit changed from 50.000.000 to 5.000.000.000.000.000.000. New saves only.
  • Mod notice added in main menu.
  • Fast Scrolling in Event menus.
  • Many other minor changes.

Download, Installation & Support
A modded console is required to install the mod, this process is not described due to website rules.
All instructions are provided in the README file inside the download.

Be aware that the mod is still in beta, and things may be broken. Report on the Discord linked at the bottom of this post preferably, or in this thread!
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kldtcm4rj662c/GT6_Spec_II_Mod

Differences between the "Cached" and "NoCache" Versions introduced with beta6:

For support, or help install wise, or just modding help, you are recommended to join the Discord linked at the bottom of this thread.

Changelog
beta6 [16/07/2021]
- Mod Fix: Further Seasonal fixes for #125, #83, #105, #63, #32, #48, #53.
- QoL: Typical Opponents in the event menus now shows up to 10 entries instead of 3.
- QoL: Added Fast Scrolling in the event list (mainly for seasonals).
- Tracks: Added Route X with Pluto and Jupiter Gravity variants.

beta5 [29/06/2021]
- Minor Feature: Added Mod notice during boot screen (UI Edit)
- Mod Fix: #143, #115, #125, #132, #177, #178, #179,
#23, #118, #65, #70, #83, #94, #95, #91, #129, #119, #138,
#147, #148, #154, #170, #173, #175, #90
- Mod Fix: Fixed 2 Player mode crashing the game.
- Mod Fix: Remove unneeded course showing up in online mode course picking & causing a softlock.
- Mod Fix: Removed 35,838km of wide road custom track due to being so glitched it would crash the game on exit.
- Mod Engine Sound Fixes: RX-7 no longer clicks at High RPM
- Mod Engine Sound Fixes: Fiat 500 missing sound after Turbo installed
- Mod Engine Sound Fixes: R56 Cooper S & Countryman missing sound after Turbo installed
- New Sound: RB26 Nissan Skylines (distinct sounds for stock and race exhausts)
- New Sound: 5 cylinder road cars

beta4
- New Mod Feature: Added mod update details in main menu. (To view it again, debug menu in the main menu then "Tutorial->Mark Update Details as Unread").
- New Mod Feature : Fixed many cars that had off-center & too close interior cameras.
- New Mod "Feature": Added the original version of 60m Home Straight.
It is available in the "Super" Category after completing all events (it is there as Arcade doesn't allow oil degradation for the glitch. 👀)
- Mod Engine Sound Fixes: Fixed reported cars with missing engine sounds and/or when adding turbos.
- Mod Engine Sound Fixes: Fixed 787B clicking.
- New Sound: Turbo RUFs (BTR, CTR, CTR2)
- New Sound: NA RUFs (3400s, RGT)
- New Sound: Older 4-cylinder cars (e.g Renault R8 Gordini, Triumph Spitfire & others)
- & Other sound fixes.
- Custom Tracks: Added 9 custom tracks.
- Seasonals: Fixed many issues (incorrect titles, wrong regulations & others).
- Mod BugFix: Fixed the issue where Autodemo would cause a softlock (that was due to a broken file mod being leftover).

Credits
  • Nenkai - Seasonals, All other changes
  • TheAdmiester - All car sounds, GT4 Missions
  • Reko - Daily Bonus Images for day 6-10, and some custom tracks.
  • Content Creators, ThunderTHR and many others for exposing the content of the mod
  • All researchers among the Modding community
  • Everyone that contributed into archiving Custom Tracks through replays
  • Everyone that tested the mod in its beta form
  • Everyone playing this mod

Just a suggestion. I cant try the mod yet but from the description you managed to change the cockpit camera, so maybe try making the chase camera GT3 style for better sense of speed. These games have borked camera it seems.

Thanks for the reply! And great work with that. Well turns out i can’t play GT6 anyway since it’s graphically broken on the emulator. Gotta wait for emulation improvements.
You can just not with the mods and without updating the game past v1.05. It runs fine at 1.05 on RPCS3. To use these mods you have to on the latest version, and it has loads of graphical bugs on emulation above 1.05, so a modded PS3 is the best option.

It's easier to wait for the emulator to allow you to update the game to version 1.22 than to recreate the mod just for an old version of the game, maybe that takes a lot of work to do.

It's easier to wait for the emulator to allow you to update the game to version 1.22 than to recreate the mod just for an old version of the game, maybe that takes a lot of work to do.
I thought there were backups of the old versions until I got to this last one. On YouTube there is a video of this mod in version 1.05 working

Can this be run on RPCS3? Also, I'm still running GT6 1.0, do I need to update?

Thanks Nenkai, I have Spec II for GT5, its fricken awesome!!!

Can this be run on RPCS3? Also, I'm still running GT6 1.0, do I need to update?

Thanks Nenkai, I have Spec II for GT5, its fricken awesome!!!
Yes you can, but you'll have to update your game to version 1.22 and when you do that the emulator won't be able to run the game because it's not well optimized.

Yes you can, but you'll have to update your game to version 1.22 and when you do that the emulator won't be able to run the game because it's not well optimized.
This is correct, though depending on your hardware and settings you may be able to get the game to load a race at v1.22, but I'll be pretty much unplayable.

RPCS3 is improving all the time though, and its a stable game at v1.05 or lower now, which wasnt the case until pretty recently. Maybe in another couple of years GT6 will be playable at v1.22 but I wouldnt expect anything soon.

Last edited:
Question - is this mod compatible with the Anniversary Edition (BLUS99247)?
That depends. If the Anniversary Edition is just a normal GT6 disc with a DLC code included, there is no reason why it shouldn't work. If the DLC is included on the disc it may be a different story.

Does anybody know how to get custom tracks to appear on arcade mode? For example if i make a track and export it to a .ted file how would I make it so that I can actually play the track on arcade mode?

Please someone provide a mod compatible with version 1.05. It's already playable on the emulator. thanks
If we could get a standalone mod just for sounds that would be great, maybe it would be compatible with any version since it changes only car sounds? not sure.. but I got all patches installed and tbh apart from Senna's tribute I don't care.

thanks for the awesome work on the mod @Nenkai. I was eager to try it and installed cfw evilnat 4.89 to do so.
Copied everything but it's not running, neither from normal main menu nor from multiman. Multiman goes into black screen and gets stuck there, normal launch will just crash and go back to home.
If I put my previous IPIPFS folder, the game runs just fine (of course on 1.22).
Any pointers on where to look?

thanks for the awesome work on the mod @Nenkai. I was eager to try it and installed cfw evilnat 4.89 to do so.
Copied everything but it's not running, neither from normal main menu nor from multiman. Multiman goes into black screen and gets stuck there, normal launch will just crash and go back to home.
If I put my previous IPIPFS folder, the game runs just fine (of course on 1.22).
Any pointers on where to look?
Did you create a new save?If you keep the current one it won't work.

Did you create a new save?If you keep the current one it won't work.
Uh, really? It was stated many times in the thread that it's compatible with normal saves.
Anyway I tried and still no luck. Multiman doesn't start the game even when it's not modded and would normally start. Anybody knows why? I also tried copying the game to hdd to no avail

You must enter the game after installing the updates at least once before installing the mod - there's an additional update process.

Ah – so the process is new save, then get into the game, then install the mod?
No. You must have to update your GT6, enter in the game with your current save (or original save) and then install the mod.

Back